Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,876 members, 7,806,521 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:47 PM

Nigerian Former Leaders That Crippled Nigeria+photos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Former Leaders That Crippled Nigeria+photos (2171 Views)

Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets / Yoruba Leaders' That Promised To Deliver Six Million Votes For GEJ / 5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Former Leaders That Crippled Nigeria+photos by nigerianvenom(m): 8:18pm On Aug 26, 2014

1 mohammed Buhari

Under the Buhari/Idiagbon regime, once you
ended up at 15 Awolowo Road, you may never be
heard of again. Decree Number 2 of 1984
empowered Tunde Idiagbon to arrest and detain
anybody indefinitely without trial and without legal
reprieve. After Buhari was overthrown,
Mohammadu Gambo opened the prison doors of
15 Awolowo Road on public television, revealing
people in various stages of UnCloth and
malnutrition that had been kept in the dungeons
without trial by Buhari’s hound-dogs.
As self-imposed Head of State, Buhari had no
regard for human rights. Immediately he seized
power, he announced that he would “tamper with”
the press. Soon, the infamous Decree Number 4
was promulgated which made even the
publication of the truth a punishable offence.
Under this cover, Buhari jailed innocent
journalists, including Tunde Thompson and Nduka
Irabo. He abolished civil liberties, promulgated
retroactive decrees enabling him to kill Nigerians
through jungle justice, proscribed civil society
organizations and professional groups and
exercised “absolute” power.
This same Buhari would now have us believe that
he has gone through some metamorphosis and
has become a democrat.
A trip down memory lane however tells us different.
Under the late dark-goggled General, Buhari presided over PTF(petroleum trust fund), which was later revealed to be a cesspool of corruption. If the supposedly incorruptible Daura general couldn't stop corruption in PTF, then he obviously can't be trusted
to eradicate corruption from Nigeria. The infamous 53 suitcase saga during Buhari's 20 month military
misrule also raises questions about his commitment to the eradication of corruption. A northern Emir was accosted by Custom agents at Lagos international airport with 53 suitcases of currency in direct
violation of the prevailing laws.Buhari redeployed the principled customs officer – our current embattled vice president – who apprehended the Emir, while
allowing the sacred cow Emir to go scot free. Ironically in several circles today, that principled customs officer - vice president Atiku Abubakar - is portrayed as corrupt while Buhari is hailed as incorruptible.
below is picture of buhari crying during 2011 campaign;
[img]http://2.bp..com/-VZNRbPcqEOs/UXi9nG42uqI/AAAAAAAAALk/nHu13K5fpPg/s320/Buhari.jpg[/img]

2 Ibrahim babangida

Nicknamed ' Maradona ' for his
political survival skills, General Babangida took
power from Muhammadu Buhari in a palace coup
in August 1985. He was Head of State until
August 1993, when he annulled the June election
after Yoruba candidate Moshood K.O. Abiola had
won it.
Babangida came to power promising to end
corruption and human rights abuses, but his
regime stands accused of some of the worst
abuses in Nigeria's history. A report by
economist Pius Okigbo on how the Babangida
regime spent windfall profits after the first Gulf
War would have shed more light but was never
published.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Former Leaders That Crippled Nigeria+photos by nigerianvenom(m): 8:19pm On Aug 26, 2014

3 Olusegun Obasanjo

On 16 May, 13 days to the end of his tenure, Obasanjo
announced to the Federal Executive Council, FEC, the
award of contracts worth N756 billion. That proposal
sailed through the council like a greased pig in a
slaughter house. As Frank Nweke, then minister
of Information, explained, N70 billion of this
would be for the resuscitation of textile industries
in Nigeria; N58.6 billion for the second Niger
Bridge; its maintenance was to gulp N42 billion.
The companies to execute the projects were not
named. Three days earlier, FEC, approved N16.53
billion port harbours reconstruction in Lagos; N20
billion, expansion of the Lagos airport; N4.8
billion, building of the Securities and Exchange
Commission, SEC, permanent accommodation;
and N1.39 billion for the Ministry of Defence’s
permanent residence for participants of War
College Training Course in Abuja; N1.4 billion,
conversion of steam and head for the power
plants; N47.4 billion, conversion of the Alaoji
Power Plant to double circuit; N3.5 billion for
procurement and repair of two boilers at the Egbin
Power Station in Lagos and N233 million was for
fixing the Agege-Lagos Road.
THE ENTIRE N850BILLION WAS EMBEZZLED!
President Obasanjo used his position to corner
considerable shares of Transcorp, a blue chip
company that was formed overnight to corner
juicy contracts and make fat company
acquisitions. It was incorporated in November
2004 and officially launched on 21 July 2005, at
the Presidential Banquet Hall, State House, Abuja,
with Obasanjo as the special guest of honour.

4 Alhaji Atiku abubakar

Atiku whose financial status was
modest prior to his ascension to the office of the
Vice President has exponentially increased in his
financial wealth to the extent he now owns 146
homes in Yola, Adamawa State in addition a
slew of transaction that run into the high
millions. It is believed President Obasanjo and
Vice President Atiku are equally messed in
corruption.
Mr. Abubakar had served the Nigerian Customs
and Excise Service for 20 years and retired in
1989 at the rank of Deputy Director. After his
years in Customs, Mr. Abubakar engaged in a
quilt of business involvements straddling the
world of business in oil services, real estate,
agriculture, education, the print media, and lately
the corridors of partisan politics.
The Vice President with a modest portfolio of one
house in Kaduna, Yola and Lagos, eight years in
the vice-presidency has immeasurably
transformed Mr. Abubakar’s holdings. His high
profile $25 million University (ABTI American
University) in Yola, plus the $8 million he paid to
the American University in Washington DC for a
direct license to use the franchise of the
university (known as partnership and
management consultancy by AU officials) is a
critical reference to the investment profile of a
public officer who did not seek bank loans to
execute these gargantuan investments

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Former Leaders That Crippled Nigeria+photos by Nobody: 8:26pm On Aug 26, 2014
Just two? undecided Op, the list no complete na! Abeg, add and modify grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Former Leaders That Crippled Nigeria+photos by searay(m): 8:29pm On Aug 26, 2014
Lazy OP, come on post plenty pics

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Former Leaders That Crippled Nigeria+photos by nigerianvenom(m): 8:49pm On Aug 26, 2014
cc:
idumose
sincere9gerian
chino
biafraqueen
seun
ngwakwe,donaldgenes.
atouke,ilovenigeria,iluvberem,nctrice and all lovers of accountability.
Re: Nigerian Former Leaders That Crippled Nigeria+photos by RockMaxi: 8:52pm On Aug 26, 2014
@OP, which side of DSS office do you like most just in case you have to defend this post

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Former Leaders That Crippled Nigeria+photos by Nobody: 8:58pm On Aug 26, 2014
All these because of 2015 I guess. That's why you found a way of including Atiku as if he was once in charge of Nigeria treasury. I don't like the ugly man just incase you misjudge my reservations to be in his defence undecided

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Former Leaders That Crippled Nigeria+photos by Nctrice(m): 9:09pm On Aug 26, 2014
All Nigerian past leaders should make this list, Gowon, Shagari etc, then GEJ would increment the list by +1 by 2019

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Former Leaders That Crippled Nigeria+photos by nigerianvenom(m): 9:09pm On Aug 26, 2014
RockMaxi: @OP, which side of DSS office do you like most just in case you have to defend this post

if i were u,i wud take action immediately.
Re: Nigerian Former Leaders That Crippled Nigeria+photos by RockMaxi: 9:21pm On Aug 26, 2014
nigerianvenom:

if i were u,i wud take action immediately.

TAN pikin I no get your time o. grin

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Former Leaders That Crippled Nigeria+photos by omenka(m): 9:32pm On Aug 26, 2014
Give it up for the greatest saboteur of the Nigerian Economy, Unity, and Security!!!

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Former Leaders That Crippled Nigeria+photos by jking001(m): 9:45pm On Aug 26, 2014
supporters of APC and corruption.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Former Leaders That Crippled Nigeria+photos by Articul8(m): 9:52pm On Aug 26, 2014
OP, did u post dis 4 political reasons or 2 jt open readers mind? Wia is Sani Abarcha?

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Former Leaders That Crippled Nigeria+photos by Tmtn: 9:58pm On Aug 26, 2014
Funny i must say.....
Re: Nigerian Former Leaders That Crippled Nigeria+photos by Nobody: 10:16pm On Aug 26, 2014
omenka: Give it up for the greatest saboteur of the Nigerian Economy, Unity, and Security!!!

Hmmm, okay lets see:

Economy: Nigeria became the largest economy in Africa under his watch.

Unity: I really don't see how he has messed with the unity of the country directly, it would seem that said dis-unity only exists probably due to his tribe as has mostly been the case with Nigeria anyways. Evidence for this point exists in the fact that so many politicians and Nigerian leaders advised him against running in 2011, without any credible or logical reasons as to why. They just stated vague claims like "him running would destroy the country", and to me, statements like those are the REAL causes of dis-unity.

Security: I will give you that one, I am totally appalled, even by the demeanor, tech/gear of your typical neighborhood policeman.

So based on a score of 2/3 using your criteria, he can't be the worst saboteur as you claim.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Former Leaders That Crippled Nigeria+photos by Nobody: 10:34pm On Aug 26, 2014
Goodluck Jonathan-crippling Nigeria since 500B.C

sad sad

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Former Leaders That Crippled Nigeria+photos by nigerianvenom(m): 10:39pm On Aug 26, 2014
omenka: Give it up for the greatest saboteur of the Nigerian Economy, Unity, and Security!!!

if u had studied preliminary economy at school,u would have realised that our economy has been witnessing growth at an unprecedented rate.stop d hate,nothing will happen if u are sincere for once?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Former Leaders That Crippled Nigeria+photos by nigerianvenom(m): 10:41pm On Aug 26, 2014
Articul8: OP, did u post dis 4 political reasons or 2 jt open readers mind? Wia is Sani Abarcha?

Abacha's corruption was unprecendented and no book contain it.these are the feasible ones

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Former Leaders That Crippled Nigeria+photos by lilprinze: 10:45pm On Aug 26, 2014
op that list is not complete without that wicked dictator called Sani Abacha that looted our money any how. In fact he should be the number 1 on that list .

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Former Leaders That Crippled Nigeria+photos by nigerianvenom(m): 10:46pm On Aug 26, 2014
UchihaMadara:

Hmmm, okay lets see:

Unity: I really don't see how he has messed with the unity of the country directly,

no mind omenka,he is just being jealous of GEJ's achievement and and success which their warlord-buhari could not achieved

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Former Leaders That Crippled Nigeria+photos by nigerianvenom(m): 10:48pm On Aug 26, 2014
IdiAmin1: All these because of 2015 I guess. That's why you found a way of including Atiku as if he was once in charge of Nigeria treasury. I don't like the ugly man just incase you misjudge my reservations to be in his defence undecided

is there any lie u read there about atiku or u just feel like supporting his atrocities?
Re: Nigerian Former Leaders That Crippled Nigeria+photos by nigerianvenom(m): 10:50pm On Aug 26, 2014
Nctrice: All Nigerian past leaders should make this list, Gowon, Shagari etc, then GEJ would increment the list by +1 by 2019

no no no.GEJ is an exceptional leader all they leaders should aspire to be like.a listening leader,a role model,an educationist and a humility personified.
Re: Nigerian Former Leaders That Crippled Nigeria+photos by omenka(m): 10:55pm On Aug 26, 2014
UchihaMadara:

Hmmm, okay lets see:

Unity: I really don't see how he has messed with the unity of the country directly, it would seem that said dis-unity only exists probably due to his tribe as has mostly been the case with Nigeria anyways. Evidence for this point exists in the fact that so many politicians and Nigerian leaders advised him against running in 2011, without any credible or logical reasons as to why. They just stated vague claims like "him running would destroy the country", and to me, statements like those are the REAL causes of dis-unity.

Security: I will give you that one, I am totally appalled, even by the demeanor, tech/gear of your typical neighborhood policeman.

So based on a score of 2/3 using your criteria, he can't be the worst saboteur as you claim.

Oh my days!!!! Hahahahahahahahaahahah!!!

Shey I said it in another thread some days back! I asked what exactly Jonathan could use to campaign this time since he now has countless number of shoes. The economy and security of the country are in tatters, ethnoreligious intolerance is also at its peak! Then was like, perhaps he would tell the gullible that "under my watch, nnigeria became the largest economy in Africa!" Now here's someone who's already bought the lie hook, line and sinker, and poised to propagate it!! Lmao!

Bros, abeg, just so you don't go make a fool of yourself in public. Nigeria has beenn the largest long before Jonathan became the president. What Jonathan did was just to RECALCULATE and state in figures just how big it is!! cheesy
It is called "re-basing", an exercise which is usually carried out every couple of years but which Obj and Yar'adua didn't do. The contributory factors that pushed nigeria ahead (entertainment, nollywood, construction, and IT/telecoms) are all factors that pre-date the Jonathan's admin!

Wouldn't mind if you thanked me for the free lecture thogrin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Former Leaders That Crippled Nigeria+photos by nigerianvenom(m): 10:55pm On Aug 26, 2014
berem: Goodluck Jonathan-crippling Nigeria since 500B.C

sad sad
crippling under which sector?

rockmaxi: TAN pikin I no get your time o.
i belong to no organisation apart from my professional organisation.so dont classify me as a TAN associate cos am not.nevertheless,its good to always say the truth.even omotola is boasting of constant electricity.join the train broda b4 e pass u

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Former Leaders That Crippled Nigeria+photos by Nobody: 10:58pm On Aug 26, 2014
nigerianvenom:
crippling under which sector?

i belong to no organisation apart from my professional organisation.so dont classify me as a TAN associate cos am not.nevertheless,its good to always say the truth.even omotola is boasting of constant electricity.join the train broda b4 e pass u
there is improvement of electricity due to the rainy season. Stop making it look as if Jonathan is responsible for that.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Former Leaders That Crippled Nigeria+photos by omenka(m): 11:01pm On Aug 26, 2014
nigerianvenom:

no mind omenka,he is just being jealous of GEJ's achievement and and success which their warlord-buhari could not achieved
And you had to "comot" the security aspect of what the poster said. Chai, daris goodu oo!!! grin

What I said is the raw truth and you all know it, just that some of you have chosen to perpetually live in denial. Well, that doesn't change the facts. So, enjoy. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Former Leaders That Crippled Nigeria+photos by OtunbaJega: 11:04pm On Aug 26, 2014
Give it to the commander in chief of daftness and cluelessness

[size=14pt]Goodluck Jonathan- Destroyed Bayelsa State and now destroying Nigeria's economy, unity and security since 2010[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Former Leaders That Crippled Nigeria+photos by omenka(m): 11:07pm On Aug 26, 2014
berem: there is improvement of electricity due to the rainy season. Stop making it look as if Jonathan is responsible for that.
Leave them. All these people shouting improved power supply, including that clueless lady called Omotola, make me wonder if they were born just yesterday. Hasn't this been the normal routine since the days of Obj?? Improvement at the peak of the rainy season, and then the whole thing crashes again with the onset of dry season. Why are some people making it seem like a first time experience

Mscheew.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Former Leaders That Crippled Nigeria+photos by Nobody: 11:08pm On Aug 26, 2014
omenka: Oh my days!!!! Hahahahahahahahaahahah!!!

Shey I said it in another thread some days back! I asked what exactly Jonathan could use to campaign this time since he now has countless number of shoes. The economy and security of the country are in tatters, ethnoreligious intolerance is also at its peak! Then was like, perhaps he would tell the gullible that "under my watch, nnigeria became the largest economy in Africa!" Now here's someone who's already bought the lie hook, line and sinker, and poised to propagate it!! Lmao!

Bros, abeg, just so you don't go make a fool of yourself in public. Nigeria has beenn the largest long before Jonathan became the president. What Jonathan did was just to RECALCULATE and state in figures just how big it is!! cheesy
It is called "re-basing", an exercise which is usually carried out every couple of years but which Obj and Yar'adua didn't do. The contributory factors that pushed nigeria ahead (entertainment, nollywood, construction, and IT/telecoms) are all factors that pre-date the Jonathan's admin!

Wouldn't mind if you thanked me for the free lecture thogrin

No no no, I ain't here to really fight or anything, just wanted to state the facts so we could all work with them, facts that is.

Yeah I know all about the re-basing, and the point still remains it was done with other industries now rightfully factored in, thus increasing the prominence of Nigeria as an important investment destination which is encouraging further investment in Nigeria. I, like the typical Nigerian, at first saw it as worthless as tangible things are still non-existent like constant light and so on, however I have read professional economists view on the subject and they all seem very optimistic about the future of Nigeria based on the new re-based GDP.

So that is still a plus any way you slice it, obviously there are minuses as pertains to GEJ, but I don't believe those minuses are enough to earn him a home on this list with neighbors such as IBB and the rest of em.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Former Leaders That Crippled Nigeria+photos by Nctrice(m): 11:13pm On Aug 26, 2014
nigerianvenom:

no no no.GEJ is an exceptional leader all they leaders should aspire to be like.a listening leader,a role model,an educationist and a humility personified.
Issokay! Let's watch and see! Na me go personally remind you!
Re: Nigerian Former Leaders That Crippled Nigeria+photos by omenka(m): 11:35pm On Aug 26, 2014
UchihaMadara:

No no no, I ain't here to really fight or anything, just wanted to state the facts so we could all work with them, facts that is.

Yeah I know all about the re-basing, and the point still remains it was done with other industries now rightfully factored in, thus increasing the prominence of Nigeria as an important investment destination which is encouraging further investment in Nigeria. I, like the typical Nigerian, at first saw it as worthless as tangible things are still non-existent like constant light and so on, however I have read professional economists view on the subject and they all seem very optimistic about the future of Nigeria based on the new re-based GDP.
Errrm, not here to fight either, but a lot of young lads with very impressionable minds come in here to read the things we write, so it would be a great disservice to them if we don't put things in their proper perspective. grin

You said "Nigeria became the largest economy in Africa under his watch", and that, my friend, if absolute misinformation!!

Anyone could simply read that and conclude that Jonathan saw to the growth of the economy to a point it surpassed that of every other African country which, as you and I know, is absolutely untrue.

Like I said, all what Jonathan's admin did was a mere "re-calculation" and nothing more!! Whether or not that brought any added benefits to the country remains a matter of argument.
Re: Nigerian Former Leaders That Crippled Nigeria+photos by fr3do(m): 11:41pm On Aug 26, 2014
Gwa gwa

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan Has Run Out Of Ideas – Buhari / ....... As Buhari Enters HALL OF SHAME. / Card Reader ; The Question JEGA Refused To Answer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.