Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,184 members, 7,807,615 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:12 PM

Fleeing Nigerian Army Ran Out Of Ammunition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fleeing Nigerian Army Ran Out Of Ammunition (3205 Views)

Customs Intercepts Ammunition Imported From U.S.A / VIDEO: See How Nigerian Army Ran Away From Protesting Biafrans / Police Intercept Nigeria Bound Truckload Of Ammunition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fleeing Nigerian Army Ran Out Of Ammunition by Nobody: 10:04pm On Aug 26, 2014
Group take over border town Ashigashya after
hundreds of Nigerian soldiers fled to Cameroon,
a
police source said .
Boko Haram has seized control of a Nigerian
town
after hundreds of soldiers stationed there
reportedly fled across the border to Cameroon , a
police source said .
" Boko Haram fighters moved into Ashigashya"
overnight on Monday , where they slaughtered
three
people in front of a church , a Cameroon police
source told the AFP news agency on Tuesday on
condition of anonymity .
Almost 500 Nigerian soldiers fled the Nigerian
border towns of Ashigashyia and Kerawa over
the
weekend to take refuge from Boko Haram
fighters
on Cameroonian territory .
Nigeria ' s military dismissed the claims and
said
the troops were " charging through the borders
in a
tactical manoeuvre " when they found
themselves
on Cameroonian soil .
It said that the soldiers were on their way back
to
Nigeria after following protocol by handing over
" their weapons in order to assure the friendly
country that they were not on a hostile
mission ."
In Maiduguri, the capital of Nigeria ' s Borno
state
and where the military joint task force has its
headquarters , a junior officer said his colleagues
who spoke with him from Cameroon described
running out of ammunition and facing well -
armed
Boko Haram fighters.
Security ' deteriorating'
The police officer said security was "
deteriorating
day by day in the border towns" .
Ashigashya is bisected by a small river which
marks the border between Nigeria and
Cameroon.
The police source said Boko Haram was now
trying to take the Cameroonian side of the city.
" Cameroonian gendarmes fled the brigade to
sleep
at school in the city. When they tried to return to
the police this morning , they were greeted by
fire
from Boko Haram " from the Nigerian side , said
the
police officer .
Nigerian president Goodluck Jonathan declared a
state of emergency in three northeastern states
in
May 2013 , saying the fighters had taken over
parts
of Borno state , Boko Haram' s birthplace.
Boko Haram said it controls the northeastern city
of Gwoza and has added it to an Islamic state
that
it claims it has established in Nigeria .
Gwoza, in Borno state , is now part of its "
Islamic
Caliphate" asserted Boko Haram ' s leader,
Abubakar Shekau, in a video seen on Sunday .
Nigeria ' s army said on Twitter : " That claim is
empty .. . the Nigerian state is still intact.

http://dailytrumpeters..com.es/2014/08/fleeing-nigerian-army-ra-out-of.html?m=1

http://m.aljazeera.com/story/2014826181311739107

Re: Fleeing Nigerian Army Ran Out Of Ammunition by seankafor(m): 10:46pm On Aug 26, 2014
MANY LIES EMINATING FRM RUBBISH BLOGGERS AND MEDIAS
Re: Fleeing Nigerian Army Ran Out Of Ammunition by Nobody: 11:28pm On Aug 26, 2014
Lies everywhere.
Re: Fleeing Nigerian Army Ran Out Of Ammunition by Nobody: 1:20am On Aug 27, 2014
Re: Fleeing Nigerian Army Ran Out Of Ammunition by Dibiachukwu: 2:50am On Aug 27, 2014
GenBuhari: What a pity.

Abacha era were prouder times:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg7TDcwVY3I&index=36&list=PLRzmuN0KKXK9k3JcrzUfXjTPBxXKWYqZl
The last soldier in the video, looked like is AK 47 jammed as usual .
Re: Fleeing Nigerian Army Ran Out Of Ammunition by Dibiachukwu: 2:57am On Aug 27, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Fleeing Nigerian Army Ran Out Of Ammunition by impromptu: 3:08am On Aug 27, 2014
I still refuse to believe this story.

Re: Fleeing Nigerian Army Ran Out Of Ammunition by Dibiachukwu: 3:57am On Aug 27, 2014

1 Like

Re: Fleeing Nigerian Army Ran Out Of Ammunition by Pangea: 4:04am On Aug 27, 2014
Dibiachukwu:
The last soldier in the video, looked like is AK 47 jammed as usual .

That's not an AK, it's FN rifle!
Was he trying to execute those prisoners?

Imagine, they took down Sierra Leone RUF and Liberian rebels, armed with AK47s,without using Kevlar vests,
But now, Boko haram is running rings round them!
Na wa o!
Re: Fleeing Nigerian Army Ran Out Of Ammunition by overhypedsteve(m): 4:16am On Aug 27, 2014
You people should be careful the kind of things you post. It is not till you enter sambisa with Koran to join boro haram that's when you become a terrorist, we also have the media arm of terrorism. How can you claim that the nigerian soldiers ran out of ammunition , been after the DHQ have clearly stated out what really happened. You still insist on peddling derogatory information about men who sacrifice to protect you. I feel shamed by your attitude but, i promise you that, i am doing my research about the media arm of boro haram and i feel very compelled to think that you may be working for those bastard. Your names will be submitted to the right authority and actions would be taken. Imagine ! So you feel the DHQ which stand as the sole authority on this issue is not competent enough to say what happened. Be warned my man, be warned.

6 Likes

Re: Fleeing Nigerian Army Ran Out Of Ammunition by overhypedsteve(m): 4:23am On Aug 27, 2014
Dibiachukwu: A country of more than 250 million people can't handle a bunch of rag tag army trained by crazy pigs in a make shift desert. Feel like throwing up. Disgusting. We all deserve to die.
it is this your kind of mindset that keeps taking us backwards. Who told you boro harangue fighters are rag tag. They are vested with skills from Libya to Pakistan and you think people children should just go and be dying in the bush to enable you to come run your mouth here. How in the world are we going to win boko haram when we ve already lost the fight in our hearts. I feel sorry for Nigeria we cant win where we ve lost.

1 Like

Re: Fleeing Nigerian Army Ran Out Of Ammunition by overhypedsteve(m): 4:27am On Aug 27, 2014
Dibiachukwu: I wonder where those darling friends of Nigeria are. They should bring weapons na. Like they did in the Biafran war.
i think America or Britain will be more concerned about this issue if the FG tell them that they just discovered oil in sambisa.
Re: Fleeing Nigerian Army Ran Out Of Ammunition by overhypedsteve(m): 4:30am On Aug 27, 2014
Pangea:

That's not an AK, it's FN rifle!
Was he trying to execute those prisoners?

Imagine, they took down Sierra Leone RUF and Liberian rebels, armed with AK47s,without using Kevlar vests,
But now, Boko haram is running rings round them!
Na wa o!

the problem is not with the soldiers in the front the problem is with the policy makers. The fat oga at the top. Their policies seem to be demoralising the men and that's not good for now
Re: Fleeing Nigerian Army Ran Out Of Ammunition by overhypedsteve(m): 4:31am On Aug 27, 2014
seankafor: MANY LIES EMINATING FRM RUBBISH BLOGGERS AND MEDIAS
some in search of traffic whilst some are direct terror media partners.
Re: Fleeing Nigerian Army Ran Out Of Ammunition by Pangea: 4:44am On Aug 27, 2014
who watched
Nigeria's Hidden War: Channel 4 Documentary?
I don't think i have the stomach for this! cry

This is the link on youtube!
Wahala dey o!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcc5fnx08R0
Re: Fleeing Nigerian Army Ran Out Of Ammunition by Pangea: 5:56am On Aug 27, 2014
Now i know why the Boko Haram is increasing in strength!
After watching the channel 4 video,

You cant win an insurgency by indiscriminately killing your own people,
Doing that, will make an insurgent out of the people!

The video is really heart breaking! cry
Re: Fleeing Nigerian Army Ran Out Of Ammunition by rickybazeup(m): 6:09am On Aug 27, 2014
i dont think the soldiers ran out of ammunition it was progrmmed to be the so because the weapons and vehichles(armored cars) they left and ran away i think it was just setup to be so cos if not they should had blown up the the armoury when they could not stand the heat from the the invading militants[color=#770077][/color]

1 Like

Re: Fleeing Nigerian Army Ran Out Of Ammunition by skyrocketters: 6:11am On Aug 27, 2014
too bad
Re: Fleeing Nigerian Army Ran Out Of Ammunition by seankafor(m): 6:26am On Aug 27, 2014
overhypedsteve: some in search of traffic whilst some are direct terror media partners.
grin
Re: Fleeing Nigerian Army Ran Out Of Ammunition by idupaul: 6:44am On Aug 27, 2014
overhypedsteve: You people should be careful the kind of things you post. It is not till you enter sambisa with Koran to join boro haram that's when you become a terrorist, we also have the media arm of terrorism. How can you claim that the nigerian soldiers ran out of ammunition , been after the DHQ have clearly stated out what really happened. You still insist on peddling derogatory information about men who sacrifice to protect you. I feel shamed by your attitude but, i promise you that, i am doing my research about the media arm of boro haram and i feel very compelled to think that you may be working for those bastard. Your names will be submitted to the right authority and actions would be taken. Imagine ! So you feel the DHQ which stand as the sole authority on this issue is not competent enough to say what happened. Be warned my man, be warned.

Keep decieving yourself because you have a selfish interest in the govt , the truth will remain the truth .. We all want to see Shekau's head on a spit but how do our boys do this if they are not well prepared mentally and logistically for the Task . If you don't know this ran out of ammo story seems more reasonable and protects the dignity of our Army more than the stupid tactical manuveur story which will mak our troops the butt of jokes in other nations military. Its better defense HQ uses the story that our mean ran out of ammo after days of fierce fighting and made a tactical retreat. Low Ammo and retreats are common place in all militaries

1 Like

Re: Fleeing Nigerian Army Ran Out Of Ammunition by Lusola15: 6:49am On Aug 27, 2014
rickybazeup: i dont think the soldiers ran out of ammunition it was progrmmed to be the so because the weapons and vehichles(armored cars) they left and ran away i think it was just setup to be so cos if not they should had blown up the the armoury when they could not stand the heat from the the invading militants[color=#770077][/color]

God bless you. That's what I will do ooo
Re: Fleeing Nigerian Army Ran Out Of Ammunition by idupaul: 6:49am On Aug 27, 2014
overhypedsteve: the problem is not with the soldiers in the front the problem is with the policy makers. The fat oga at the top. Their policies seem to be demoralising the men and that's not good for now

Now this makes more sense .. Because I noticed all this Boko Harm bravado after the coming of the current service chief ..When we complained they were too fat as officer people told us what does it matter .. From experience I can tell U most fat people ae always self centred and greedy and that explainss how their lineage became fat people.. Sha that a research for anothe day.

2 Likes

Re: Fleeing Nigerian Army Ran Out Of Ammunition by EasternLeopard: 7:01am On Aug 27, 2014
Pangea: Now i know why the Boko Haram is increasing in strength!
After watching the channel 4 video,

You cant win an insurgency by indiscriminately killing your own people,
Doing that, will make an insurgent out of the people!

The video is really heart breaking! cry

The video can also be the reason why Minimah is not producing results like Ihejirika

He wants to avoid the world from seeing Nigeria as waging a genocidal war
Re: Fleeing Nigerian Army Ran Out Of Ammunition by Firefire(m): 7:32am On Aug 27, 2014
overhypedsteve: You people should be careful the kind of things you post. It is not till you enter sambisa with Koran to join boro haram that's when you become a terrorist, we also have the media arm of terrorism. How can you claim that the nigerian soldiers ran out of ammunition , been after the DHQ have clearly stated out what really happened. You still insist on peddling derogatory information about men who sacrifice to protect you. I feel shamed by your attitude but, i promise you that, i am doing my research about the media arm of boro haram and i feel very compelled to think that you may be working for those bastard. Your names will be submitted to the right authority and actions would be taken. Imagine ! So you feel the DHQ which stand as the sole authority on this issue is not competent enough to say what happened. Be warned my man, be warned.

Simple as ABC.
Re: Fleeing Nigerian Army Ran Out Of Ammunition by musiwa94: 7:35am On Aug 27, 2014
s

2 Likes

Re: Fleeing Nigerian Army Ran Out Of Ammunition by Nobody: 7:36am On Aug 27, 2014
the military is poorly armed,they are not given enough bullets to confront those bastards..
what silly list are you compiling? when men are dying with out air support,enough ammunition... for your information I curled that from
http://m.aljazeera.com/
story/2014826181311739107
Re: Fleeing Nigerian Army Ran Out Of Ammunition by Dibiachukwu: 7:44am On Aug 27, 2014
Re: Fleeing Nigerian Army Ran Out Of Ammunition by musiwa94: 7:56am On Aug 27, 2014
s

1 Like

Re: Fleeing Nigerian Army Ran Out Of Ammunition by Oyimzy(m): 8:15am On Aug 27, 2014
Lies everywhere, don't know what to believe anymore
Re: Fleeing Nigerian Army Ran Out Of Ammunition by musiwa94: 8:15am On Aug 27, 2014
d
Re: Fleeing Nigerian Army Ran Out Of Ammunition by musiwa94: 8:33am On Aug 27, 2014
x
Re: Fleeing Nigerian Army Ran Out Of Ammunition by duni04(m): 8:50am On Aug 27, 2014
Pangea: who watched
Nigeria's Hidden War: Channel 4 Documentary?
I don't think i have the stomach for this! cry

This is the link on youtube!
Wahala dey o!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcc5fnx08R0
shocked shocked shocked I stopped the video at 17:30. Couldn't take it again. Very chilling! After watching this, i think Boko haram is justified in what they're doing. There's no way you can kill innocent people like Nigerian soldiers are doing without facing justice one day. Boko haram is just getting justice for what those dogs in uniform are doing in the north.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tambuwal Set To Declare Presidential Ambition Under APC / The Camerounian Army Is A Shameless Organisation. / Why I Think The "Traveler" (the Lagos Abuja Walker) Is Lying! Volunteers Needed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.