Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:49 AM

World's 'tallest Man', Leonid Stadnyk, Dies Aged 44 - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / World's 'tallest Man', Leonid Stadnyk, Dies Aged 44 (1005 Views)

M.I And Omotoyosi Amuludun, The ''Tallest'' Man / SO SAD: World’s Tallest Man At 8ft 4 Inches Dies Aged 44 (PHOTOS) / World's 'tallest Man', Leonid Stadnyk, Dies Aged 44 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

World's 'tallest Man', Leonid Stadnyk, Dies Aged 44 by nonxo007(m): 10:09pm On Aug 26, 2014
Leonid Stadnyk, believed to be the world's tallest man at 8ft 4 inches has died. He was just 44. The peasant farmer from the Ukrainian village of Podoliantsy, died on Sunday August 24th from a brain haemorrhage after health problems.

In his last interview, Leonid, who wears a talked about how his height was a curse, why he refused to be measured by the Guinness Book of World Records and also why he refused to get married
"To me, my height is a curse, a punishment from God, not something to celebrate. What sin I have committed, I do not know. All my life I have dreamed of being just like everyone else. I don't want or need the fame that this would bring so I have no desire to be in this Guinness book.
"I never got married because I don't want to inflict my problems on a wife. I think it would not be fair on her" he said.
At one point, his condition, called giganticism, left him growing at the rate of roughly a foot every 3 years. His feet measured 18 inches in length while his palms were more than a foot in diameter

Re: World's 'tallest Man', Leonid Stadnyk, Dies Aged 44 by immortalcrown(m): 10:26pm On Aug 26, 2014
His death calls for the manufacture of the world's tallest casket which will eventually result in digging the world's tallest grave.
Re: World's 'tallest Man', Leonid Stadnyk, Dies Aged 44 by opportunist: 10:58pm On Aug 26, 2014
rip

(1) (Reply)

#BREAKING: Joan Rivers Has Passed Away At 81. / D'banj Absence In Mavin Is NOT Felt-dr Sid / 81 Year Old Woman Goes Sky Diving

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.