Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,949 members, 7,799,230 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:19 PM

Gaddaffi’s Last Formal Speech – This Is Very Moving! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Gaddaffi’s Last Formal Speech – This Is Very Moving! (1232 Views)

Jane Ihuoma-Ottah Expelled From RUST Over Of Hearing & Speech Problem / Meet Nigerian Woman Who Has No Formal Education But Lectures At Harvard / Meet Nike Okundaye Who Has No Formal Education But Lectures At Harvard, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gaddaffi’s Last Formal Speech – This Is Very Moving! by SaintRobs: 11:24pm On Aug 26, 2014
GADDAFFI’S LAST FORMAL SPEECH – THIS IS VERY MOVING!
In the name of Allah, the beneficent, the merciful…
For 40 years, or was it longer, I can’t remember, I did all I could to give people houses, hospitals, schools, and when they were hungry, I gave them food. I even made Benghazi into farmland from the desert, I stood up to attacks from that cowboy Ronald Reagan, when he killed my adopted orphaned daughter, he was trying to kill me, instead he killed that poor innocent child. Then I helped my brothers and sisters from Africa with money for the African Union.
I did all I could to help people Understand the concept of real democracy, where people’s committees ran our country. But that was never enough, as some told me, even people who had 10 room homes, new suits and furniture, were never satisfied, as selfish as they were they wanted more. They told Americans and other visitors, that they needed "democracy" and "freedom" never realizing it was a cut throat system, where the biggest dog eats the rest, but they were enchanted with those words, never realizing that in America, there was no free medicine, no free hospitals, no free housing, no free education and no free food, except when people had to beg or go to long lines to get soup.
No, no matter what I did, it was never enough for some, but for others, they knew I was the son of Gamal Abdel Nasser, the only true Arab and Muslim leader we’ve had since Salah-al-Deen, when he claimed the Suez Canal for his people, as I claimed Libya, for my people, it was his footsteps I tried to follow, to keep my people free from colonial domination – from thieves who would steal from us.
Now, I am under attack by the biggest force in military history, my little African son, Obama wants to kill me, to take away the freedom of our country, to take away our free housing, our free medicine, our free education, our free food, and replace it with American style thievery, called "capitalism" ,but all of us in the Third World know what that means, it means corporations run the countries, run the world, and the people suffer.
So, there is no alternative for me, I must make my stand, and if Allah wishes, I shall die by following His path, the path that has made our country rich with farmland, with food and health, and even allowed us to help our African and Arab brothers and sisters.
I do not wish to die, but if it comes to that, to save this land, my people, all the thousands who are all my children, then so be it.
Let this testament be my voice to the world, that I stood up to crusader attacks of NATO, stood up to cruelty, stoop up to betrayal, stood up to the West and its colonialist ambitions, and that I stood with my African brothers, my true Arab and Muslim brothers, as a beacon of light.
When others were building castles, I lived in a modest house, and in a tent. I never forgot my youth in Sirte, I did not spend our national treasury foolishly, and like Salah-al-Deen, our great Muslim leader, who rescued Jerusalem for Islam, I took little for myself…
In the West, some have called me "mad", "crazy", but they know the truth yet continue to lie, they know that our land is independent and free, not in the colonial grip, that my vision, my path, is, and has been clear and for my people and that I will fight to my last breath to keep us free, may Allah almighty help us to remain faithful and free".
My brothers and sisters let's start loving more of each other and stop killing each other cause Europe America and other western world will never want to see sunshine of Africans.

8 Likes

Re: Gaddaffi’s Last Formal Speech – This Is Very Moving! by SirElaw(m): 11:42pm On Aug 26, 2014
He had good intentions, he just went about them the wrong way politically.
Re: Gaddaffi’s Last Formal Speech – This Is Very Moving! by Surplus90(m): 12:58am On Aug 27, 2014
Gaddafi is an African legend as far as i'm concerned... am not against democracy but our African democracy is fake...our democracy is simply an agent of foreign dominance...

1 Like

Re: Gaddaffi’s Last Formal Speech – This Is Very Moving! by Hohaiiiode(m): 1:01am On Aug 27, 2014
Libyans d leak dia nyash now. Gadafi was good. Libyans wil rememba him for good
Re: Gaddaffi’s Last Formal Speech – This Is Very Moving! by Zaikon(m): 1:25am On Aug 27, 2014
Allahumma ir_ham GADAFIi

2 Likes

Re: Gaddaffi’s Last Formal Speech – This Is Very Moving! by alotofgrace(m): 1:47am On Aug 27, 2014
until you lose it, you'll never know it's worth.

i keep hating the US by the day....dunno why

even their movies, they must always win. i blame those who play the roles of terrorists and enemies in their movies

1 Like

Re: Gaddaffi’s Last Formal Speech – This Is Very Moving! by Cchuks27(m): 2:09am On Aug 27, 2014
Lol. Biggest mistake Libya ever made. They'll regret this in years to come
Re: Gaddaffi’s Last Formal Speech – This Is Very Moving! by Wakins(m): 2:54am On Aug 27, 2014
Nice speech ;DNice speech
Re: Gaddaffi’s Last Formal Speech – This Is Very Moving! by gift01: 5:37am On Aug 27, 2014
He just reminds me that Democracy cannot work everywhere in the world
Re: Gaddaffi’s Last Formal Speech – This Is Very Moving! by bolaji73(m): 7:59am On Aug 27, 2014
SirElaw: He had good intentions, he just went about them the wrong way politically.
And can you explain further how 'wrong' his ways had been?
Re: Gaddaffi’s Last Formal Speech – This Is Very Moving! by SaintRobs: 9:02am On Aug 27, 2014
A'meen Yah Robb!
Zaikon: Allahumma ir_ham GADAFIi

1 Like

Re: Gaddaffi’s Last Formal Speech – This Is Very Moving! by dkronicle(m): 10:53am On Aug 27, 2014
its funny when you dont know how important something is...

1 Like

Re: Gaddaffi’s Last Formal Speech – This Is Very Moving! by jiggla: 1:56pm On Aug 27, 2014
USA is the world problem, Libya was far better than Nigeria till USA came and spoilt the country, look at the corruption going on in Nigeria today , USA wont do nothing because the benefit from the corruption, but as a president Gadaffi refused allowing them in they decided to kill him. libyans will forever regret this single act.

1 Like

Re: Gaddaffi’s Last Formal Speech – This Is Very Moving! by SirElaw(m): 4:09pm On Aug 27, 2014
bolaji73: And can you explain further how 'wrong' his ways had been?
He took a very unique stand which was good only that with that he need to secure himself politically by winning allies to his side. He also needed to make sure that his people loved him, there are ways of ensuring that.
Gaddafi was fine with being labelled as a power hungry dictator, Putin is someone like that but Russia has its allies in the right places and Russians love him like that.
At a meeting of African leaders in 2006, Gaddafi demanded a United State of Africa with himself as supreme leader, only Mugabe was on his side on this issue.
He allowed the extreme drive for power make his decision for him without ensuring that the ground work for such decisions are first put in place. He alienated even his African brothers rather than endearing them to himself.

1 Like

Re: Gaddaffi’s Last Formal Speech – This Is Very Moving! by chiwuike20: 5:38pm On Aug 27, 2014
SirElaw:
He took a very unique stand which was good only that with that he need to secure himself politically by winning allies to his side. He also needed to make sure that his people loved him, there are ways of ensuring that.
Gaddafi was fine with being labelled as a power hungry dictator, Putin is someone like that but Russia has its allies in the right places and Russians love him like that.
At a meeting of African leaders in 2006, Gaddafi demanded a United State of Africa with himself as supreme leader, only Mugabe was on his side on this issue.
He allowed the extreme drive for power make his decision for him without ensuring that the ground work for such decisions are first put in place. He alienated even his African brothers rather than endearing them to himself.

why did u use d word 'supreme leader' and not 'leader'?

and in Africa, who do u think commands a large degree of respect among Africans and has d most leadership qualities to become d leader of a United Africa?

ur reasons r baseless man
Re: Gaddaffi’s Last Formal Speech – This Is Very Moving! by balaclava: 7:25pm On Aug 27, 2014
OP! This is very moving? Where did it move U to? Besides, its jst wt it is- a speech. Speeches r made to beguile, decieve n win over. His ws a succesful 1.

1 Like

Re: Gaddaffi’s Last Formal Speech – This Is Very Moving! by Fash20: 8:46pm On Aug 27, 2014
He was shot in the head.

(1) (Reply)

Differences & Similarities Between Accounting & Finance / Thanks for your participation. / What's The Difference Between An Associate Degree And Bachelors Degree?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.