Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:12 AM

Health Advice: Doctors Online - Health (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Health Advice: Doctors Online (65126 Views)

Consult Nigerian Doctors Online / Health Advice; Doctors Pleeeeaaassse! / Health Is Wealth: Health Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Justbright(m): 2:23am On Jan 19, 2015
Marc9:

Why not go see a dentist so an XR can be done to check if your jaw isn't fractured?! Such recurrent pain could only indicate a Fx in the jaw, with inflammed gingiva.

thanks doc
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 7:08am On Jan 19, 2015
Good morning
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 7:51am On Jan 19, 2015
lanreadu:
thank u for d quick respond for d diabetes he has shed so much weight is size now is realy bad

Has he run FBS test lately? What type of diabetes was he diagnosed?
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by manishnamdeo: 8:05am On Jan 19, 2015
MedicoExperts Online Video Consultation Platform that connects the patients from any part of the world with the best class doctors of world class partner hospitals.

1 Share

Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by missmalachi: 8:02pm On Jan 19, 2015
Evening doctor,i went 2 d hospital 2day for scan n other antenatal test.b4 goin it 4 d test d doc calculated dat am 7wks 4day gone which ws d same I hv 4rm an application I hv on my fone.after d scan,d result shows am 8wks 3days gone.am confuse here.pls wat cld b d cause?
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Pweetymoi1: 8:48pm On Jan 19, 2015
Hello! please I will like any doctor here or health worker who is in the know of this to please kindly advise me on what to do. My boy friend called to tell me he has being having milky discharge, boils @ the pubic area and headache two days after we had sex. He went to the hospital and was diagnosed of staphlococus. Now he is accusing me of being the one that infected him since I was the last person he had sex with. Note: I had sex with someone else like a month now and the person confessed to have being treated of staph before. I went to two different lab and tested negative to both the swab and blood test. Please do you think I contracted the staph but its likely not to have shown yet in my body?
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by mkbadeniyi(m): 10:21pm On Jan 19, 2015
Please doctor, I feel slight aches and heat around my ribs and at the left side of my lumbral vertebrae.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by fabulous85: 10:27pm On Jan 19, 2015
Pweetymoi1:
Hello! please I will like any doctor here or health worker who is in the know of this to please kindly advise me on what to do. My boy friend called to tell me he has being having milky discharge, boils @ the pubic area and headache two days after we had sex. He went to the hospital and was diagnosed of staphlococus. Now he is accusing me of being the one that infected him since I was the last person he had sex with. Note: I had sex with someone else like a month now and the person confessed to have being treated of staph before. I went to two different lab and tested negative to both the swab and blood test. Please do you think I contracted the staph but its likely not to have shown yet in my body?
you most likely must have been infected,staph takes longer to show in women than men.go back for a confirmation test after 3 months
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Pweetymoi1: 11:23pm On Jan 19, 2015
fabulous85:
you most likely must have been infected,staph takes longer to show in women than men.go back for a confirmation test after 3 months
Ok, please do you advise that I start the treatment immediately to avoid it from getting deeper into my body or just wait till in 3 months time to get tested again before commencing treatment? And am so scared right now, from my research online people testified to this disease being resistant to drugs and that it hardly gets cured. I heard it can usually be cured with the use of herbal medicines, how true please? Please kindly advice me and also on the right treatment to approach. Thanks...
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by fabulous85: 1:01am On Jan 20, 2015
Pweetymoi1:
Ok, please do you advise that I start the treatment immediately to avoid it from getting deeper into my body or just wait till in 3 months time to get tested again before commencing treatment? And am so scared right now, from my research online people testified to this disease being resistant to drugs and that it hardly gets cured. I heard it can usually be cured with the use of herbal medicines, how true please? Please kindly advice me and also on the right treatment to approach. Thanks...
different bacterias can cause different kinds of staph infection,so a confirmation test is required in other for the doctor to prescribe the right antibiotic for the infection that is if you are infected.its possible that you did not contact it, go to a general hospital for another test,thats my opinion
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 3:09am On Jan 20, 2015
fabulous85:

I would really appreciate it if you didn't quote what you're not sure of here.

Thanx for your assistance!
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 3:42am On Jan 20, 2015
Pweetymoi1:

Let me correct some wrong notions on Staph or Staph infection.

Staphylococcus is a normal human flora found in the skin, nose, gut, and the genital. We have many strains of staph like the Staph aureus(responsible for acne vulgaris), Staph epidermidis(responsible for odour), and so on.

The genital has an array of florae. The growth of these organisms is put in check by the level of immunity, and by symbiotic genital bacteria called the lactobacilli.

Staph infection, particularly around the genital, occurs when there's low level of immunity(immunosuppression or immunocompromised). An underlying factor is most times responsible for immune suppression, giving staph the chance to grow virulently. The sexually transmitted strains of staph is the 'S. saprophyticus' as well as 'MRSA'. Most lab scientists assume what they observe during microscopy/culture as Staph spp.

Now, if you had sex with your boy two days prior to the day he manifested those symptoms, then it's unlikely you infected him. The only way staph infection would manifest within a two day period is when he is already immunosuppressed, or immunocompromised. Other than that, you're technically not responsible for his infection. To the contrary, you've been exposed to the infection by him.

The table should turn, if you know what I mean.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 4:19am On Jan 20, 2015
mkbadeniyi:
Please doctor, I feel slight aches and heat around my ribs and at the left side of my lumbral vertebrae.

I really don't have an idea what the cause might be. But you can take pain relief.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Pweetymoi1: 6:12am On Jan 20, 2015
Marc9:

Staphylococcus is a normal human flora found in the skin, nose, gut, and the genital. We have many strains of staph like the Staph aureus(responsible for acne vulgaris), Staph epidermidis(responsible for odour), and so on.

The genital has an array of florae. The growth of these organisms is put in check by the level of immunity, and by symbiotic genital bacteria called the lactobacilli.

Staph infection, particularly around the genital, occurs when there's low level of immunity(immunosuppression or immunocompromised). An underlying factor is most times responsible for immune suppression, giving staph the chance to grow virulently. The sexually transmitted strains of staph is the 'S. saprophyticus' as well as 'MRSA'. Most lab scientists assume what they observe during microscopy/culture as Staph spp.

Now, if you had sex with your boy two days prior to the day he manifested those symptoms, then it's unlikely you infected him. The only way staph infection would manifest within a two day period is when he is already immunosuppressed, or immunocompromised. Other than that, you're technically not responsible for his infection. To the contrary, you've been exposed to the infection by him.

Marc9:

Marc9:

Thanks for the prompt response doctor, please he actually started manifesting the symptoms a week after not in two days (typographical error), could it still be possible I gave him the infection? And please do you think that I should commence treatment immediately even without being confirmed positive yet to the ailment?
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by fabulous85: 6:29am On Jan 20, 2015
Marc9:

I would really appreciate it if you didn't quote what you're not sure of here.

Thanx for your assistance!
my abled doctor,you are doing a great job but i went through what i wrote twice and still have no idea how i wrote something am not sure of,i only asked her to go for a confirmation test based on the information she provided from another hospital. Remain blessed
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 7:14am On Jan 20, 2015
Pweetymoi1:
Thanks for the prompt response doctor, please he actually started manifesting the symptoms a week after not in two days (typographical error), could it still be possible I gave him the infection? And please do you think that I should commence treatment immediately even without being confirmed positive yet to the ailment?

If he manifested symptoms a week after you guys had s*x, then it's likely you infected him. The Staph is yet to manifest symptoms in you probably because of your level of immunity.

Well, it would be wise for you to run a comprehensive tests, and have yourself treated in time. But treatment has to be discreet. Some Staph infections stil recur or linger even after treating with antibiotics. That explains why you likely contracted the infection(asymptomatic) from your ex-boy when you guys had sex*ual contact after he claimed to have treated himself.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 7:17am On Jan 20, 2015
fabulous85:
my abled doctor,you are doing a great job but i went through what i wrote twice and still have no idea how i wrote something am not sure of,i only asked her to go for a confirmation test based on the information she provided from another hospital. Remain blessed

I understand, and I appreciate your contribution. Stay blessed as well
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by missmalachi: 9:35am On Jan 20, 2015
Good morning doctor, pls am still waiting for response to my issue which I raise last night.thank you
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Perpetual459: 9:49am On Jan 20, 2015
hello doctor,u re doing a good job on dis thread,May God bless u real good.my 3 yr old boy jst recovered from malaria after he's well treated by a medical practitioner,pls can u suggest d food i ll be giving him though he is taking b complex syrup as a supplement bt he is still skinny.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 10:25am On Jan 20, 2015
missmalachi:
Good morning doctor, pls am still waiting for response to my issue which I raise last night.thank you

Can you remind me please?
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Perpetual459: 10:26am On Jan 20, 2015
still waiting for my reply,pls
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 10:33am On Jan 20, 2015
Perpetual459:
hello doctor,u re doing a good job on dis thread,May God bless u real good.my 3 yr old boy jst recovered from malaria after he's well treated by a medical practitioner,pls can u suggest d food i ll be giving him though he is taking b complex syrup as a supplement bt he is still skinny.

You can get Abidec multivitamin syrup. Then, place him on diets consisting of soymilk, egg, golden mourn cereal, fruits(like banana, apple, and others) rice, and other good foods you can think of.

Your boy will add up weight over time.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Justbright(m): 11:07am On Jan 20, 2015
Justbright:

thanks doc

hello doc,thanks for the other time....av gone to see a dentist and I did an Cray to my lover jaw and d doctor said no fracture to my jaw but a mere inflammation,he later recommended some drugs which I bought and used..but at d point of d wound on my lips at d lower jaw I still feel some stiffness on my lips and also a kind of swollen spot on my lips which pple around me said is affecting my speech...pls what do I do
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Pweetymoi1: 11:19am On Jan 20, 2015
Marc9:

If he manifested symptoms a week after you guys had s*x, then it's likely you infected him. The Staph is yet to manifest symptoms in you probably because of your level of immunity.

Well, it would be wise for you to run a comprehensive tests, and have yourself treated in time. But treatment has to be discreet. Some Staph infections stil recur or linger even after treating with antibiotics. That explains why you likely contracted the infection(asymptomatic) from your ex-boy when you guys had sex*ual contact after he claimed to have treated himself.

Ok thanks ... but please what kind of comprehensive test do I run this time cos the tests I did last week saturday still turned negative to the staph infection (blood and swab test). Is there any other way this staph can be detected in me? If yes, please can you specify? I want to start the treatment as soon as possible. Thanks alot..
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by missmalachi: 11:35am On Jan 20, 2015
Evening doctor,i went 2 d hospital 2day for scan n other antenatal test.b4 goin it 4 d test d doc calculated dat am 7wks 4day gone which ws d same I hv 4rm an application I hv on my fone.after d scan,d result shows am 8wks 3days gone.am confuse here.pls wat cld b d cause?
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Justbright(m): 11:47am On Jan 20, 2015
hello doc...thanks for d oda day...I went to see d dentist as u advised,did an xray of my lover jaw and d doctor said no
fracture to my jaw but a mere inflammation,he later
recommended some drugs which I bought and used..but right now at d
point of d wound on my lips i still feel some lump -like feelings and stiffness at my lower lips
which pple around me said is affecting my speech...pls what
do I do...thanks
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Perpetual459: 12:01pm On Jan 20, 2015
thank u so so much,u re blessed
Marc9:

You can get Abidec multivitamin syrup. Then, place him on diets consisting of soymilk, egg, golden mourn cereal, fruits(like banana, apple, and others) rice, and other good foods you can think of.

Your boy will add up weight over time.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by missmalachi: 3:15pm On Jan 20, 2015
Marc9:

Can you remind me please?

Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jan 20, 2015
missmalachi:

Evening doctor,i went 2 d hospital 2day for scan n other antenatal test.b4 goin it 4 d test d doc calculated dat am 7wks 4day gone which ws d same I hv 4rm an application I hv on my fone.after d scan,d result shows am 8wks 3days gone.am confuse here.d 1st day of my last period ws 27 nov 2014.pls wat cld b d cause?

Ultrasound in determining gestational age is not always 100% precise.

It's nothing to worry about.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by desertboom(m): 5:53pm On Jan 20, 2015
Hi sir. . Please, my Aunty is very ill at the hospital. We've look around for it but no avail. Clindamycin Injection and Dapsone tablet. Please, do u know how I can get these medicine? Do u know any website I can order it from? Please, help me as I will really appreciate a Positive feedback. Thanks
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by iamskatertola(m): 7:00pm On Jan 20, 2015
can u priscribe a drug dat gives energy...feel weak often

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (27) (Reply)

Nigerian Foods That Help Lower Blood Pressure / I Am Not The Uber Driver That Carried Italian Coronavirus Patient- Man Cries Out / Reasons Why Girls Breast Shouldn't Be Sucked .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.