Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,827 members, 7,802,644 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:11 PM

N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister (25407 Views)

Why Nigeria Can't Win Lassa Fever Battle As Ebola - Health Minister / Nigerian Health Minister Says N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others / First Nigerian Ebola Survivor Not Treated With "Nano Silver" - Health Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by One4me: 3:54am On Aug 28, 2014

1 Like

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by ceaser: 3:56am On Aug 28, 2014
drsteroid: I believe Nigeria is winning this war against ebola.This is one of Goodluck's major achievement as a president.kudos 2 him,our honourable Minister of health n Nigerians.If we support d govt in other aspects of d economy just as we all supported in the management of ebola,d country wil be beta 4 all 2 liv

What?! And you got 6 likes for this?
FYI, EVD isn't the only viral haemorrhagic disease present in Nigeria, so don't think that now that Chuckwu ASSUMES Ebola is being "contained", we're home and dry. Lassa Fever is NATIVE TO NIGERIA. 5 (five) doctors and nurses lost their lives to the latest Lassa outbreak last year. One ISOLATION UNIT for highly contagious diseases like EVD, Lassa and others COSTS 20 (TWENTY) MILLION NAIRA EACH. one in each federal government health establishment can save thousands of other lives.

2015 Toyota Prado costs 25 million naira each. Bullet proof variant cost 50 million naira. Chukwu's discretion and economic sense has him listing cars as priority in his list of preference while placing Nigerian lives (your life included), disease prevention and preparedness (lack of which caused EVD outbreak in Nigeria in the first instance) as number 10 (ten) on his list of preference. Yet in your most "sincere9gerian" and "patriotic" sense, you believe your response above is the most appropriate. Is Chukwu per chance your uncle or you've tendered a contract application to the ministry of health as one of the suppliers of the car? I ask those cos those are the only logical reasoning, albeit vain and faux, for your line of response to this evident onslaught on the sense of Nigerians.

Sincere9gerian: What is wrong with this minister of health? Why not use the funds to set up world class isolation centres with well trained staff for hemorrhagic diseases or other highly infectious deadly diseases in select existing FG tertiary hospitals? Why not use part of the funds to support research on ebola and other hemorrhagic diseases? What about procurement of adequate barrier nursing tools and PPE in the existing in the hospitals? This minister should better get his acts together. I guess the minister made this pronouncement because he feels the current outbreak of ebola has been effectively contained, but while that maybe true, we should begin now to prepare for the next outbreak of ebola, other hemorrhagic diseases or any other highly infectious and deadly disease. We should be proactive for once.
On a second though and having read thru "sincere9gerian's" posts of late, I tender my most sincere apologies to him/her for using his/her moniker as reference to analyse a faux citizen. "Drsteriod" has just taken the centre stage in the hall of infamy, so "sincere9gerian" humbly take a bow. <thinking out loud> although I still could not help but believe that sudden change is probably because the paid piper's money has stopped coming. grin

4 Likes

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by kayalade123: 6:04am On Aug 28, 2014
Dibiachukwu: Infact Jesus's Nigerian prophets are needed now more than ever. Pray to Jesus to come and cure ebola na.

Nigerians, after giving their hard earned money to their prophets, come back and expect real treatment from their hospitals or herbalists. Very annoying.

Must u show ur stupidity in public every time? Go and sit down somewhere joor
Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by Dibiachukwu: 6:12am On Aug 28, 2014

2 Likes

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by getfupre: 7:54am On Aug 28, 2014
For the people up there to think that they can get away with all these Bull,it shows they feel that most Nigerians are stupid or they actually are.

1 Like

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by swaz(m): 8:17am On Aug 28, 2014
The have started again BRING BACK OUR MONEY since the could not bring back our girls.... The re finding ways of looting the public fund with excuses
Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by johnwell(m): 9:58am On Aug 28, 2014
unto naija spirit, fraudsters in power (FIP) grin
Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by eazeefix: 10:45am On Aug 28, 2014
[color=#990000][/color]
my take on this ebola hysteria is this; ebola is not the biggest health challenge we face as a country malaria kills more peolpe in nigeria weekly than the total that ebola has killed worldwide. but because of the fear factor and people ignorant people and press in particular prey on this fear to make a living. Now that ebola is almost under control the money should be ploughed back to primary healthcare and personal hygiene education.
Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by ceaser: 10:54am On Aug 28, 2014
Sincere9gerian: I hope your leader, Tinubu, is recuperating in the world class hospital he travelled to abroad, of course at the expense of the tax paying and long suffering Lagosians?
Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by sleekyjay(m): 11:36am On Aug 28, 2014
Wait o, Stella oduah don initiate dis man.. Haba ni, ah go trek go chad go liv! Gaskia
Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by dehmohlah(m): 11:49am On Aug 28, 2014
Sincere9gerian: What is wrong with this minister of health? Why not use the funds to set up world class isolation centres with well trained staff for hemorrhagic diseases or other highly infectious deadly diseases in select existing FG tertiary hospitals? Why not use part of the funds to support research on ebola and other hemorrhagic diseases? What about procurement of adequate barrier nursing tools and PPE in the existing in the hospitals? This minister should better get his acts together.

I guess the minister made this pronouncement because he feels the current outbreak of ebola has been effectively contained, but while that maybe true, we should begin now to prepare for the next outbreak of ebola, other hemorrhagic diseases or any other highly infectious and deadly disease. We should be proactive for once.

Thank you, God blesss you. U for b or minister of health
Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by ibedun: 12:34pm On Aug 28, 2014
Cars?

We are all poor and poverty striken in Nigeria!

Cars? This is beyond comprehension!!

Everybody and the average man on the street thinks this way in Nigeria.
Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by laudate: 11:45am On Sep 04, 2014
eazeefix: [color=#990000][/color]
my take on this ebola hysteria is this; ebola is not the biggest health challenge we face as a country malaria kills more peolpe in nigeria weekly than the total that ebola has killed worldwide. but because of the fear factor and people ignorant people and press in particular prey on this fear to make a living. Now that ebola is almost under control the money should be ploughed back to primary healthcare and personal hygiene education.

Please stop deceiving yourself that ebola is under control in Nigeria. A disease that has killed more than 50% of its victims despite medical intervention, is highly contagious and which still lacks a cure cannot be classified as under control.

And kindly stop comparing Ebola to malaria. Malaria is not contagious and it already has a known cure. Ebola does not.

End of story!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by laudate: 11:57am On Sep 04, 2014
ibedun:

Cars?

We are all poor and poverty striken in Nigeria!

Cars? This is beyond comprehension!!

Everybody and the average man on the street thinks this way in Nigeria.

The isolation centres are inadequate, while the quality of healthcare in the Infectious Disease Hospital (IDH) in Lagos, is sub-standard and poorly implemented. For example, it was reported that there was no oxygen in the IDH, so friends of a patient on admission had to contribute money to buy oxygen. cry

Food and drugs were contributed by First Consultants hospital to patients on admission at the IDH, obviously because the state government & FMoH could not provide these items to those in its care.

Protective Equipment (PPE) is reported to be in short supply, because the state government & FMoH have not provided enough for the use of the medical personnel & caregivers in our public hospitals. undecided

Ebola is highly contagious and there is no known cure, again because our state governments & FMoH have not provided funds & adequate infrastructure for our medical research institutes and virologists over the years in order for them to develop a cure. shocked

Yet, our Health Minister Onyebuchi Chukwu wants to spend =N=1.9 billion buying 'cars'.

Someone should translate the words 'clueless', unthinking, illogical, unfeeling and selfish into Onyebuchi Chukwu's dialect and make it part of his middle name. angry

2 Likes

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by Nobody: 1:49pm On Sep 04, 2014
laudate:

Please stop deceiving yourself that ebola is under control in Nigeria. A disease that has killed more than 50% of its victims despite medical intervention, is highly contagious and which still lacks a cure cannot be classified as under control.

And kindly stop comparing Ebola to malaria. Malaria is not contagious and it already has a known cure. Ebola does not.

End of story!

What concerns me is that I hope there's not much more of the type of person like that and in decision making process of the health ministry.

Imagine a grown adult coming on an online forum and claiming that ebola is contained in Nigeria?

If he had added "God will save us" then that would have completed the circle of his lunacy.

1 Like

Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by KelvinGraphics(m): 4:38pm On Sep 10, 2014
GentleMimi:
My support for GEJ gives u terrible palpitation and convulsion cheesy. Go and yansh down somewhere,cos it seems u've got problems beyond my line of vision. If i feel like commending GEJ,should it give u HBP? But it does ,ultimately. Drink cold kunu. See her hissing like compound snake. Ojeebi. cheesy
Hehehe
Gentility dey your body shagringrin

U r quite a Gentle Mimicheesy
Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by GentleMimi: 5:25am On Sep 14, 2014
KelvinGraphics:
Hehehe
Gentility dey your body shagringrin

U r quite a Gentle Mimicheesy
Lol
Indeed I am the epitome of gentility. cheesy
Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by KelvinGraphics(m): 5:40am On Sep 14, 2014
GentleMimi:
Lol
Indeed I am the epitome of gentility. cheesy
gringrin
Good mawning aunty.
Wia U waka go since nau??

Walahi i really missed U o. See as na ur mention wake me up 4rm sleep ba.
Hope say u carry goody goody come 4 me ba?
Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by GentleMimi: 2:09pm On Sep 14, 2014
KelvinGraphics:
gringrin
Good mawning aunty.
Wia U waka go since nau??

Walahi i really missed U o. See as na ur mention wake me up 4rm sleep ba.
Hope say u carry goody goody come 4 me ba?
Choi! My nwanne mmadu. I just dey hia jare,notin much meega. Hope u're good? I carry sweet and biscuit come.
Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by KelvinGraphics(m): 2:21pm On Sep 14, 2014
GentleMimi:
Choi! My nwanne mmadu. I just dey hia jare,notin much meega. Hope u're good? I carry sweet and biscuit come.
Chaii!
Aunty awuo'm na ala o. Ke kwa nke bu Biskit ka obu Chewgum na Sweeti?. Aunty na eche kwa na abu'm obere nwa o. I was expecting her to hand over a Buggatti or Lamborghini key to me self.
Aunty 4 ya info, my 5th wife just delivered a Bouncing Baby Boy ocheesygrin
Re: N1.9 Bn ‘ebola Fund’ Will Be Used For Cars, Others - Health Minister by GentleMimi: 2:49pm On Sep 14, 2014
KelvinGraphics:
Chaii!
Aunty awuo'm na ala o. Ke kwa nke bu Biskit ka obu Chewgum na Sweeti?. Aunty na eche kwa na abu'm obere nwa o. I was expecting her to hand over a Buggatti or Lamborghini key to me self.
Aunty 4 ya info, my 5th wife just delivered a Bouncing Baby Boy ocheesygrin
Lol. Isi aki like you. Congratulobia.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

White Man In Lagos Presents Crutches To Physically Challenged Girl (Photo) / Ways You Make Yourself Look Older Than You Are / Coronavirus: Britons Told To Wear Face-masks On Public Transport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.