Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,913 members, 7,806,653 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:55 PM

ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us (38394 Views)

CBN Introduces Current Account Maintenance Fee / If We Devalue Naira Again, We Will Kill Nigerians, Says CBN Governor / Cement Price : Dangote Lied To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by Nobody: 6:26am On Aug 27, 2014
Some weeks ago after news of reintroduction of atm charge appeared, the CBN was quick to say it will be after three times of withdrawing and they gave no time limit if it was for thrice a day or month.

Nigerians in their minds assumed it had to be 3 times a day. How wrong we were for it is three times a month. The CBN expects situations where we withdraw from other bank atms to only happen three times a month?

Emefiele has given us a taste of the sort of economic management to expect from him. One built on lies, deceit and putting unnecessary financial burden on the common man.

60 Likes 12 Shares

Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by justphillips(m): 6:44am On Aug 27, 2014
Three
Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by hakunamatata1: 6:53am On Aug 27, 2014
Naija, 1 step forward, 3 steps backward! SMH is this a transformation or a merry-go-round? angry

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by korel9: 8:06am On Aug 27, 2014
I don't know why Nigerians always want everything for free.
You have no idea how much we're charged here in the states for such transactions.

It is only when you pay for something that you can demand for continuous and effective running of such service. angry

*modified
Damn! angry
See all the hating shocked This is just my personal opinion, everybody is free to his.

I think I'd better remain here in the states forr ma own safety sad

101 Likes 6 Shares

Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by hotmolo(m): 8:06am On Aug 27, 2014
I am highly dissapointed at the cbn. Can this happen abroad? Nigerians enslaving ourselfs in d name of governance

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by lat4real: 8:06am On Aug 27, 2014
I don't really care, nah to go back to my old system of keeping my money...

Inside KOLO cheesy grin

61 Likes 8 Shares

Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by Nobody: 8:06am On Aug 27, 2014
It's very simple.if u dnt want ur money deducted,Use ur bank's ATM

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by Canme4u(m): 8:07am On Aug 27, 2014
Why won't I scream out loud when the SUBSIDY on ATM is removed?

(1) The only bank that installed ATM machine around my area"infact, it is inside my sch. Campus" is Access bank. They even installed it around the town.

Now, if I don't turn Access Bank's ATM to my personal purse, how the hell am I spos to use #300 to travel to where GTBank's ATM is?

If you ask me, I bliv ATM is a machine used in reduced the stress of both Bank and it's customers. Or do you want me to trek to #300 worlth TP road in other to withdraw 1k?

GTBank has the highest customer here in Oyo town, and as
I was @GTBank 4days ago to withraw some cash, could you bliv only 1 ATM machine is working perfectly while others were out of service or not loaded with cash?

O boy, come see long queue.... In a situation like this when I used my last Kobo to travel to where GTBank's ATM is and only 1 machine is working with unlimited people line up on a queue, If I used other Bank's Machine more than 3times in a month, at whose expense should it be

#WhichWay9ja

I must tell ya'll how it felt to be on FrontPage

grin grin

It feel so great. You know wah am saying

grin grin cheesy cheesy

Now, lemme use this medium to say ;

Good Morning Nigeria...and

God Bless Nigeria.

@all let us all adopt the use of prayer, that is, using supernatural ways to repair the physical unrepairable condition of Nigeria.

Just as it is said in one book.

Perdon my own English interpretation of this book, English is not my Father's nor my Mother's tongue and also, am not a native user of this book I just love this paticular quote.

"Find the goodness of Nigeria for those who want it shall prosper"
"

"E wa rere fun Orile Ede Naijiriya, tori ti Awon tiwon fee yoo se rere"

cheesy grin

Saying #GodBlessNigeria is the same thing as saying
#GodBlessMe cos am a Nigerian.

You know wah I mean

cheesy grin

In other news

cheesy

#BringBackOurGirls

#BringBackOurSubsidyFunds

Sent from SAGEM x1-2 grin

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by felzylix(m): 8:07am On Aug 27, 2014
Yeah, you have three life lines for each month after which you 'll be charged for withdrawal on a third party ATM. BTW transactions on your bank's ATM is unlimited.

6 Likes

Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by Vstuffs(m): 8:07am On Aug 27, 2014
GO and Use UBA Bank
BY the way I miss sanusi lamido sanusi

Do you want to learn more on web development,and designing,photoshop,java.....then get this videos

https://www.nairaland.com/1788943/get-complete-web-development-video

6 Likes

Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by Ekowise(m): 8:07am On Aug 27, 2014
Jokes
Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by lincolnj88: 8:08am On Aug 27, 2014
All of you should stop being childish.....I visited china , xiuan....I was charged 180 naira for using other atms , I was charged 50 naira for using my own atms...in Uk 250naira is charged for using other atms while 100naira is charged for using ya atm.....

This is a source of revenue to banks, and as of 2009 commercial banks raised 17% of thier revenue from atm charges....this is what gives job securities to our dear brothers nd sisters working in the banks......
when sls removed it, after some while, spring bank now enterprise,keystone, access, eco, Uba droped abt 10,000 plus staffs combined.......and they hardly employs new staff except for industrial attachments....
Though it might pains me...I fully endores it...........
What I expect sls to do back then is to stop interswitch, quickteller for collecting 1000 naira as bank charges especially from us student ,which they illegally share among themselves nd d school.....

51 Likes

Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by DVMtuppence(m): 8:08am On Aug 27, 2014
booked
Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by CharlieMaria(m): 8:08am On Aug 27, 2014
Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by rill: 8:08am On Aug 27, 2014
Three times a month is still fair enough

10 Likes

Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by austinoeze(m): 8:09am On Aug 27, 2014
na dem get dia mouth
Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by gorgeousnogo(f): 8:09am On Aug 27, 2014
Goodmorning everyone
Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by Nobody: 8:09am On Aug 27, 2014
Sanusi I love.

1 Like

Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by BUSHHUNTER: 8:09am On Aug 27, 2014
I received d msg too
Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by jidxin(m): 8:10am On Aug 27, 2014
hmmm days nija 4 u.....lie is dia watch ward
Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by Jinyjagz(m): 8:10am On Aug 27, 2014
sanusi we miss u....

2 Likes

Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by Chrisbenogor(m): 8:10am On Aug 27, 2014
I said this when the sanusi haters were making noise.
This guy will take the banking sector back many many years mschewwww bloody liars!

5 Likes

Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by yogun(f): 8:10am On Aug 27, 2014
Noted.

Tnks for d info.
Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by NaLaugh: 8:10am On Aug 27, 2014
Wait, were all ATM transactions free in Nigeria?

Correct me if i'm wrong, but by my math - this adds up to about 40 cents ONLY WHEN you use a 3rd-party ATM 3 times a month.
I understand the economic climate in Nigeria is rough, but come on.. that's a pretty sweet deal if you ask me.

If it makes you feel any better, here is what it costs each time i use a 3rd-party ATM.

ATM fee: $2.50 -$4 (could be up to $20 in some establishments like clubs etc)
PLUS
Out of network charge: $4 (charged by my bank- for having the audacity to use any other ATM)

Therefore, most times i use the ATM, it costs the Naira equivalent of about NGN1,050 - NGN1,300 ($6.50 - $8 ).

While i am not advocating the CBN's move, i'm just saying- it could be worse. Interconnectivity costs money.

Then again, they probably should have done their sustainability study a little better, to know if or not they could keep that up in the first place.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by freshness2020: 8:11am On Aug 27, 2014
Hmmmm..we re watching from the sideline!
CBN, Continu.
God too is watching ♈όϋ on 3D...
K, no problem!

3 Likes

Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by emenik08: 8:11am On Aug 27, 2014
may b ur source gave u d wrong information. What i heard was three times a month.
Plz dnt them yet(and me too).

1 Like

Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by unapologetic: 8:11am On Aug 27, 2014
Chai my people are angry....... Oya come and collect the new Cbn governors number

1 Like

Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by Kendzyma(m): 8:11am On Aug 27, 2014
How much is 65naira ....mtchww...op,get a job

5 Likes

Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by bigx(m): 8:12am On Aug 27, 2014
How do you guys expect the banks to manage the ATM's? Maintain inverters to keep them on, update software, stock them up with cash? Without charging ATM's would just be an additional expense which would bog down on their bottom lines. I see nothing wrong with it. There is a difference between a business and a charity. Banks are businesses.

30 Likes

Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by korel9: 8:12am On Aug 27, 2014
Chai!

See them angry
NaLaugh: angry
yogun: Noted.
Tnks for d info.
CharlieMaria: ..
DVMtuppence: booked
lincolnj88: .....
Canme4u: Hhmmm
Jasboi: Booked

Booking space since 2005 grin

7 Likes

Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by msmon(m): 8:13am On Aug 27, 2014
I receive a message from Ecobank this morning which reads "dear customer, due to CBN directive, from 01/09/14, withdrawals over 3 times/month on other banks' ATM will attract N65 fee".

Did they actually lied to me?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Danjuma Is Far Richer Than Dangote (proof) / Price To Ship Documents From Nigeria To USA Via UPS, DHL, FEDEX / Mike Adenuga: 12 Things You Didn’t Know About Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.