Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:02 AM

Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. (51914 Views)

Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. / Dads Who Changed The World because of Their Kids / Eight Powerful Photos Of A Bride-To-be Who Lost Her Fiance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by 50calibre(m): 11:35am On Aug 27, 2014
nonxo007: Jeanne Manford marches with her gay son during a Pride Parade. [1972]

These are the early days of public fa*ggotry, that woman and her fa*ggot son should have been shot dead for promoting such vile in public.

3 Likes

Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by jonkay45(m): 12:02pm On Aug 27, 2014
sweet mother I no go forget u.....2 gbossa!! for mothers in the house. Using oneself as a shield against snipers.

7 Likes

Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by Nobody: 12:04pm On Aug 27, 2014
Mariojane: in case
in case......? wink
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by Arosa(m): 12:10pm On Aug 27, 2014
So no black woman changed history? grin

1 Like

Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by Nobody: 12:17pm On Aug 27, 2014
This can never be complete without Marie Currie. Marie Curie made history in 1903 when she became the first woman to receive the Nobel Prize in physics. She was a Polish-born French physicist famous for her work on radioactivity and twice a winner of the Nobel Prize.
In 1903 Marie Curie became the first woman to win a Nobel prize, paving the way for future women in the field of science.

Awards

Nobel Prize in Physics (1903)
Davy Medal (1903)
Matteucci Medal (1904)
Elliott Cresson Medal (1909)
Albert Medal (1910)
Nobel Prize in Chemistry (1911)
Willard Gibbs Award (1921)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marie_Curie

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by scobaba: 12:37pm On Aug 27, 2014
no recent pix of women changing history forever today.

na wa .

today's women shaaa. shakara don change every.

3 Likes

Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by allanphash7(m): 3:51pm On Aug 27, 2014
op, what about Deborah, Rebecca, and Esther

3 Likes

Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by fpeter(f): 3:53pm On Aug 27, 2014
i follow nah, look up my name on google for more info.
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by Nobody: 3:54pm On Aug 27, 2014
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1657498_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

keep calm and have a cuppa

gotta love the stiff upper lip of the brits

3 Likes

Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by Nobody: 3:59pm On Aug 27, 2014
Respect! I wish more women were so extraordinary.

1 Like

Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by Nobody: 4:00pm On Aug 27, 2014
gbenga4sure: Lovely what abt african women who changed history

Arosa: So no black woman changed history? grin

Please help me ask that deluded OP. Black women have changed and redefined history more than other group.

The worst part is the OP included photos of a woman promoting vile (i.e Fagg-ot) as change.

3 Likes

Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by Nobody: 4:00pm On Aug 27, 2014
Rosa Parks should be on the list.

9 Likes

Dominiquez: This can never be complete without Marie Currie. Marie Curie made history in 1903 when she became the first woman to receive the Nobel Prize in physics. She was a Polish-born French physicist famous for her work on radioactivity and twice a winner of the Nobel Prize.
In 1903 Marie Curie became the first woman to win a Nobel prize, paving the way for future women in the field of science.

Awards

Nobel Prize in Physics (1903)
Davy Medal (1903)
Matteucci Medal (1904)
Elliott Cresson Medal (1909)
Albert Medal (1910)
Nobel Prize in Chemistry (1911)
Willard Gibbs Award (1921)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marie_Curie

Exactly. smiley
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by fydence: 4:01pm On Aug 27, 2014
nonxo007: Two women show uncovered legs in public for the first time in Toronto. [1937]
that tym e be lyk say 'ashawo tendencies' never ripe well well...

1 Like

Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by Nobody: 4:02pm On Aug 27, 2014

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by M4gunners: 4:02pm On Aug 27, 2014
nonxo007: Jeanne Manford marches with her gay son during a Pride Parade. [1972]
How did this Woman change the World @op? For me She spoiled the World by campaign for Gays.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by Arosa(m): 4:02pm On Aug 27, 2014
donedy:

Please help me ask that deluded OP. Black women have changed and redefined history more than other group.

The worst part is the OP included photos of a woman promoting vile (i.e Fagg-ot) as change.

grin grin grin
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by Nobody: 4:06pm On Aug 27, 2014
nonxo007: 106-year old Armenian woman protecting her home with an AK-47. [1990]

Waoh!
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by Blockus: 4:06pm On Aug 27, 2014
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by Nobody: 4:06pm On Aug 27, 2014
Brave women indeed as far back as almost 100 years back. Some of our naija sister still looking for a man to define their lives and buy them them recharge cards in this modern times.
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by fydence: 4:08pm On Aug 27, 2014
50calibre: The British don't play with their tea, the easiest way to a British man's heart (I mean a typical white British) is through his cup of tea or should I say cuppa tea.

Tea is to the British what kolanuts is to the Igbos.

I'm guessing this granny never actually fired that weapon, the recoil of an AK-47 is enough to throw her several feet backwards.

with that gun, she's more of a danger to herself than the intruder she's trying to fight off grin
true words
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by tivta(m): 4:08pm On Aug 27, 2014
I have just one question to all you feminist. Are there any female inventors? I mean even 'ordinary' comb and g-string that women use a lot was invented by a man. For once I would like to see what a woman has invented to change history besides all this talk of FIRST woman to do this or do that. Its just too stale if you ask me.

7 Likes

Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by omoredia: 4:08pm On Aug 27, 2014
*(
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by pigin: 4:11pm On Aug 27, 2014
tivta: I have just one question to all you feminist. Are there any female inventors? I mean even 'ordinary' comb and g-string that women use a lot was invented by a man. For once I would like to see what a woman has invented to change history besides all this talk of FIRST woman to do this or do that. Its just too stale if you ask me.
bullet proof vest was invented by a woman
YEAR
Alphabet blocks
Adeline D. T. Whitney
Apgar tests, which evaluate a
baby’s health upon birth
Virginia Apgar
Chocolate-chip cookies
Ruth Wakefield
Circular saw
Tabitha Babbitt
Dishwasher
Josephine Cochran
Disposable diaper
Marion Donovan
Electric hot water heater
Ida Forbes
Elevated railway
Mary Walton
Engine muffler
El Dorado Jones
Fire escape
Anna Connelly
Globes
Ellen Fitz
Ironing board
Sarah Boone
Kevlar, a steel-like fiber used in
radial tires, crash helmets, and
bulletproof vests
Stephanie Kwolek
Life raft
Maria Beaseley
Liquid Paper®, a quick-drying
liquid used to correct mistakes
printed on paper
Bessie Nesmith
Locomotive chimney
Mary Walton
Medical syringe
Letitia Geer
Paper-bag-making machine
Margaret Knight
Rolling pin
Catherine Deiner
Rotary engine
Margaret Knight
Scotchgard™ fabric protector
Patsy O. Sherman
Snugli® baby carrier
Ann Moore
Street-cleaning machine
Florence Parpart
Submarine lamp and telescope
Sarah Mather
Windshield wiper
Mary Anderson

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by busayochic: 4:12pm On Aug 27, 2014
Where's Rosa Parks??

1 Like

Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by pigin: 4:16pm On Aug 27, 2014
busayochic: Where's Rosa Parks??
so you haven't heard!! Sorry she is dead.
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by tuffgongjo(m): 4:16pm On Aug 27, 2014
HNosegbe: Rosa Parks should be on the list.
the woman that refused to change her sit on d bus right?
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by Decryptor(m): 4:16pm On Aug 27, 2014
50calibre:

I'm guessing this granny never actually fired that weapon, the recoil of an AK-47 is enough to throw her several feet backwards.

with that gun, she's more of a danger to herself than the intruder she's trying to fight off grin

The AK-47 is the most easiest gun to handle by even a 6 yr old kid who is given proper training. it is not as complex as you think. That's why it is a choice for child soldiers in Sierra Leone

6 Likes

Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by sambluesky(m): 4:17pm On Aug 27, 2014
do we still ve such women around
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by hensben(m): 4:18pm On Aug 27, 2014
nonxo007: 106-year old Armenian woman protecting her home with an AK-47. [1990]
this got me laughing hard
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by Nobody: 4:19pm On Aug 27, 2014
sweet like hell

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kiran Matharoo Blasts Lady With Hushpuppi In Dubai / Hushpuppi Slams Timaya Over Celebrities That Wear Fake Outfits (video) / Tunji: Davido’s 4th Baby Mama, Larissa London, Unveils Son Dawson’s Yoruba Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.