Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,867 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:13 AM

Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. (51912 Views)

Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. / Dads Who Changed The World because of Their Kids / Eight Powerful Photos Of A Bride-To-be Who Lost Her Fiance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by Emmalot121(m): 6:15pm On Aug 27, 2014
Toks2008: Annette Kellerman posing in a swimsuit that got her arrested for indecency. [c. 1907]

This is very funny because these days many people will laugh at her for been too conservatively dressed.

This world don spoil

I guess Tiwa will be hanged if she took this in that same year.
Women make me laugh a lot,the fact that she is comfortable wearing this stuff shocks my cerebellum
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by otswag(m): 6:21pm On Aug 27, 2014
nonxo007: 106-year old Armenian woman protecting her home with an AK-47. [1990]
grin old soldier never die
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by Glock9(m): 6:24pm On Aug 27, 2014
Imagine a 106 year old woman ready to defend her home and her life with an AK47 in the face on soldiers several times stronger and more skilled than her and here we have pot bellied mofos and bitch ass mutherfriggin muthafuckaz who can't summon up courage and even political will to "Bring Back Our Girls".

Awon Oloriburuku Iranu Omo Eniyan. "Hediots and "Shediots" alike.
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by tareigns(m): 6:37pm On Aug 27, 2014
Blockus:

Why would I want to do that assuming I could?

Last time I checked, full automatics were illegal to own in Nigeria?
INTERESTING...
so AK 47 no even reach 18k....*grins*
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by ShakurM(m): 6:38pm On Aug 27, 2014
KillerBeauty: How that woman way they drink tea take change history
She exemplified 'courage'. Dig?

1 Like

Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by Beesluv: 6:41pm On Aug 27, 2014
nonxo007: Filipino guerilla, Captain Nieves Fernandez, shows a US soldier how she killed Japanese soldiers during the occupation. [1944]

what if she killed him in the process of showing
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by onoja12: 6:45pm On Aug 27, 2014
and they are all white,brain washing and most of them its evil they were fighting to introduce to society and you put it up in an african chat room.please show me one white chat room where african women are celebrated
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by onoja12: 6:46pm On Aug 27, 2014
and they are all white,brain washing and most of them its evil they were fighting to introduce to society and you put it up in an african chat room.please show me one white chat room where african women are celebrated

nonxo007: These women have changed history forever by being strong, brave, and human, regardless of society’s expectations for them.

A Muslim woman covers the yellow star of her Jewish neighbour with her veil to protect her from prosecution. Sarajevo, former Yugoslavia. [1941]
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by Nobody: 6:49pm On Aug 27, 2014
What about fela mama?? undecided
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by Blockus: 7:02pm On Aug 27, 2014
tareigns: INTERESTING...
so AK 47 no even reach 18k....*grins*

[b]Afghanistan: $1,500
Afghanistan - Kabul: $1,500 for US issued Night Vision Goggles
Australia: $15,493 in Sydney
Average price of AK-47 worldwide: $534
Canada: $2,000 for handgun, $600 to rent
Europe: $400 to $900 for Rocket Launchers and AK-47s
Iraq - AK-47: $800, with model favored by Osama Bin Laden going for $2,000
Iraq - Rocket Launcher: $100 for Rocket Launcher, $50 per grenade
Iraq- Bullets: $0.15 to $0.45 per bullet
Israel - Grenade: $287
Mexico - AK-47: $1,400 by U.S. border / $3,000 in Southern Mexico
Mexico - Grenade: $100 to $500 for M67 Grenade
Niger Delta: $75 for AK-47
Philippines: $120 for .22 Caliber Magnum Black Widow
Profit in the U.S.: $500 for selling AK-47 to Mexican drug cartels
Somalia: $400 for authentic Russian AK-47 / $600 for North Korean model.
Sudan: $86 for AK-47, $33 for child
Syria: $2,100 for AK-47, $2,000 for RPG
Thailand: $2,600 for gun
United States: $400 in California's black market
United States - Small Pistol: $20 to $100 in Dallas, TX
United States - Straw Purchaser: Up to $500 per gun

http://www.havocscope.com/black-market-prices/ak-47/
[/b]
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by georgesamuel(m): 7:05pm On Aug 27, 2014
John peter the first man to bite a dog to death
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by Lero15(m): 7:08pm On Aug 27, 2014
Romancegirl:

What av u produced urself
lolz...dhammyg, thanks for sharing.
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by Nobody: 7:09pm On Aug 27, 2014
50calibre: The British don't play with their tea, the easiest way to a British man's heart (I mean a typical white British) is through his cup of tea or should I say cuppa tea.

Tea is to the British what kolanuts is to the Igbos.

I'm guessing this granny never actually fired that weapon, the recoil of an AK-47 is enough to throw her several feet backwards.

with that gun, she's more of a danger to herself than the intruder she's trying to fight off grin

grin
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by Abbey2sam(m): 7:17pm On Aug 27, 2014
tonychristopher:

GOD BLESS IGBO TRIBE

BRAVE WOMEN AND SEXY WOMEN

I wonder how Poole like you have access to the net
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by Crocz(m): 7:20pm On Aug 27, 2014
Romancegirl:

What av u produced urself

He just produced a senseless post

1 Like

Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by khafrahdante(m): 7:24pm On Aug 27, 2014
KillerBeauty: How that woman way they drink tea take change history

I WONDER!
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by gidjah(m): 7:36pm On Aug 27, 2014
nonxo007: Annette Kellerman posing in a swimsuit that got her arrested for indecency. [c. 1907]
THOSE where in d days when clothes on d body are for honour and not for leud fashion like we have, this days
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by room089: 7:40pm On Aug 27, 2014
What about that 10 year female child found with IEDs strapped around her waist?
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by MightyFortress: 7:44pm On Aug 27, 2014
Beautiful.
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by nora544: 7:54pm On Aug 27, 2014
What is with Bertha von Suttner the first woman who got the nobel prize for peace in 1907.

She was for two weeks the personal assistant of Alfred Nobel and she was it that he make also a prive for peace.

Bertha Felicitas Sophie Freifrau von Suttner (Baroness Bertha von Suttner, Gräfin (Countess) Kinsky von Wchinitz und Tettau; 9 June 1843 – 21 June 1914) was an Austrian novelist, pacifist, and the first woman to be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize and the second person to be awarded the Nobel Prize in any category

Suttner became a leading figure in the peace movement with the publication of her novel, Die Waffen nieder! ("Lay Down Your Arms!"wink in 1889 and founded an Austrian pacifist organization in 1891. She gained international repute as editor of the international pacifist journal Die Waffen nieder!, named after her book, from 1892 to 1899. In 1911 she became a member of the advisory council of the Carnegie Peace Foundation.[4]

Her pacifism was influenced by the writings of Immanuel Kant, Henry Thomas Buckle, Herbert Spencer, Charles Darwin and Leo Tolstoy (Tolstoy praised Die Waffen nieder!). [5] Suttner was also a journalist, with one historian stating her work revealed her as "a most perceptive and adept political commentator, for a woman".[5]
Influence on Alfred Nobel

Though her personal contact with Alfred Nobel had been brief, she corresponded with him until his death in 1896, and it is believed that she was a major influence in his decision to include a peace prize among those prizes provided in his will, which she won in 1905.
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by tonychristopher: 8:02pm On Aug 27, 2014
Abbey2sam:

Your an Idiot and stupid fellow if your not proud of the stupid tribe you come from

I am so proud of igbo

Go and die

Don't you ever quote me again in your miserable life again

3 Likes

Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by Nobody: 8:12pm On Aug 27, 2014
Lero15: lolz...dhammyg, thanks for sharing.
wink

1 Like

Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by fijiano202(m): 8:28pm On Aug 27, 2014
nonxo007: Winnie the Welder. [1943]
this pic na lie..1943 pics no get color like this
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by nonxo007(m): 8:28pm On Aug 27, 2014
this is the first female aeronautic engineer.

Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by Arysexy(m): 8:30pm On Aug 27, 2014
What about the Amazon that saved the most populous black nation from fake drug and political cabal?

The great DORA that will be committed to mother earth tomorrow?

OP please add her to ur list.

5 Likes

Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by Arysexy(m): 8:31pm On Aug 27, 2014
Abbey2sam:

Nkita lacha gi anya
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by fijiano202(m): 8:32pm On Aug 27, 2014
nonxo007: A woman drinking tea in the aftermath of a German bombing raid during the London Blitz. [1940]
singing in orishafemi voice "Bi mo se je aye mi ko kan aye"
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by nonxo007(m): 8:32pm On Aug 27, 2014
the first female tattooist.

Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by Abbey2sam(m): 8:38pm On Aug 27, 2014
tonychristopher:

Your an Idiot and stupid fellow if your not proud of the stupid tribe you come from

I am so proud of igbo

Go and die

Don't you ever quote me again in your miserable life again

slowpoke
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by morsadh(m): 8:45pm On Aug 27, 2014
tivta: . All these are trivial compared to what men made. By the way most of what you mentioned were mere like addons than actual inventions. Why didn't women invent the car that they are so crazy about? Ironing board? Obviously they like house hold chores etc.
your point? This thread celebrates women who defied odds to do lovely things. You sha wan relegate woman by force to kitchen mode, abi?

1 Like

Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by Nobody: 8:53pm On Aug 27, 2014
nonxo007: 106-year old Armenian woman protecting her home with an AK-47. [1990]

Badassery defined.
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by highman01: 8:57pm On Aug 27, 2014
What about my mother?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pregnant Linda Ikeji Shares New Pictures / Tunji: Davido’s 4th Baby Mama, Larissa London, Unveils Son Dawson’s Yoruba Name / Kiran Matharoo Blasts Lady With Hushpuppi In Dubai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.