Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:25 PM

Islamic State Gives Iraqi Christians One Week To convert, Pay Jizya Or Die - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islamic State Gives Iraqi Christians One Week To convert, Pay Jizya Or Die (671 Views)

ISIS Forces Last Iraqi Christians To Flee Mosul / Iraqi Christians Told To Convert Or Face Death / Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islamic State Gives Iraqi Christians One Week To convert, Pay Jizya Or Die by peteregwu(m): 10:47am On Aug 27, 2014
Islamic State gives Iraqi Christians one week to
convert, pay jizya or die

“The group also threatened to impose a ‘special
tax’ on Iraqi Christians. Thousands of Christians
left Mosul in July after the group gave the
ultimatum saying that if they did [not] comply
there would be ‘nothing for them but the sword.”
That tax is Qur’anic: “Fight those who believe not
in God nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden
which hath been forbidden by God and His
Apostle, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth,
(even if they are) of the People of the Book, until
they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and
feel themselves subdued.” (Qur’an 9:29)
“ISIS gives Iraq Christians ‘one week’ to convert
or die,” by Charlene Adams, Christian Today ,
August 26, 2014:
Islamic militant terrorists ISIS is giving non-
muslims in Iraq three options: leave, convert
or die.
A WorldWatch Monitor report tells the
personal account of Iraqi Christian Mikha
Qasha.
In August, WWM reported that Qasha, an
elderly paralytic, was moved from his home
in Qaraqosh after ISIS members threatened
him with weapons giving him one week to
leave, convert to Islam or “face the sword.”
Qasha eventually found his grandson and
was taken to Ankawa, Iraq, the
predominantly Christian suburb in the
province of Erbil.
ISIS has reportedly been giving the
ultimatum since the group took over Mosul,
the capital of the Nineveh providence in
northern Iraq, in June.
The group also threatened to impose a
“special tax” on Iraqi Christians. Thousands
of Christians left Mosul in July after the
group gave the ultimatum saying that if they
did [not] comply there would be ‘nothing for
them but the sword.”
Of the 3,500 Christians living in Mosul, WWM
reports that about 25 of them decided to
remain in Mosul. Since then, nine have
converted to Islam and the others are paying
an Islamic tax for non-muslims called jizya.
Later on, ISIS demanded an immediate
decision by the small group of Iraqi
Christians, and they are now giving all non-
muslims one week to decide.
The United Nations launched a major aid
operation Aug. 20 providing tents and other
goods to Erbil via land, air and sea.
Archbishop of Canterbury, Justin Welby, told
WWM that Christian persecution in Iraq is
“off the scale.”
Welby said that the members of the terrorist
group are “particularly savage” and “the
international community must document the
human rights abuses in northern Iraq so that
the perpetrators can later be prosecuted.”
Some non-muslim refugees have found
refuge in an Ankawa refugee camp.
WWM reports that a group of church workers
are currently helping more than 360 families
staying in Erbil. Of the families, 216 live in
the church’s courtyard. The group serves
breakfast, lunch and dinner to more than a
thousand people every day.
http://www.jihadwatch.org/2014/08/islamic-state-gives-iraqi-christians-one-week-to-convert-pay-jizya-or-die
Re: Islamic State Gives Iraqi Christians One Week To convert, Pay Jizya Or Die by Dreal1247: 11:03am On Aug 27, 2014
Why is it that Islam has become a religion of terror. One thing is sure, there is no peace for the wicked says the Lord.
Re: Islamic State Gives Iraqi Christians One Week To convert, Pay Jizya Or Die by hushmail: 11:13am On Aug 27, 2014
d kingdom of God suffereth violence and only d violent take it by force

its time d whole christiandom unite n take military action against these barbarians killing innocents under d guise of religion of peace

there is nothing peaceful abt force conversion
Re: Islamic State Gives Iraqi Christians One Week To convert, Pay Jizya Or Die by Sanchez01: 11:42am On Aug 27, 2014
hushmail: d kingdom of God suffereth violence and only d violent take it by force

its time d whole christiandom unite n take military action against these barbarians killing innocents under d guise of religion of peace

there is nothing peaceful abt force conversion
I agree, there is nothing peaceful about force conversion. But about the military action? That would be a NO NO; what do you think Christ would do, take up arms or pray for them? They are our brothers, either we like it or not. They may have been blinded by rage, lust for blood and violence, still, they are still our brothers. We should all pray for them; that's what Christ would do.

1 Like

Re: Islamic State Gives Iraqi Christians One Week To convert, Pay Jizya Or Die by hushmail: 12:10pm On Aug 27, 2014
Sanchez01:
I agree, there is nothing peaceful about force conversion. But about the military action? That would be a NO NO; what do you think Christ would do, take up arms or pray for them? They are our brothers, either we like it or not. They may have been blinded by rage, lust for blood and violence, still, they are still our brothers. We should all pray for them; that's what Christ would do.

well am not so sure, dis group has been given several opportunities to change bt they simply refused

remember the parable of the tree dat refused to bear fruit. Is time to cut these pple down

1 Like

Re: Islamic State Gives Iraqi Christians One Week To convert, Pay Jizya Or Die by Nobody: 2:29pm On Aug 27, 2014
Dreal1247: Why is it that Islam has become a religion of terror. One thing is sure, there is no peace for the wicked says the Lord.
do not forget they were trained by the xtain USA and france in the syrian conflict
Re: Islamic State Gives Iraqi Christians One Week To convert, Pay Jizya Or Die by Sanchez01: 5:28pm On Aug 27, 2014
panachuku: do not forget they were trained by the xtain USA and france in the syrian conflict
I can't believe this could come from someone. A thousand apologies to Zenopee for what I'm about unleashing. Did the USA train prophet Muhammed? Did they train Uthman Dan Fodio and all those who committed gruesome attrocities in the name of religion thousands of years ago? I respect every religion, both great and small, but putting the blame on a country is unacceptable.
Re: Islamic State Gives Iraqi Christians One Week To convert, Pay Jizya Or Die by Nobody: 5:21pm On Aug 30, 2014
Sanchez01:
I can't believe this could come from someone. A thousand apologies to Zenopee for what I'm about unleashing. Did the USA train prophet Muhammed? Did they train Uthman Dan Fodio and all those who committed gruesome attrocities in the name of religion thousands of years ago? I respect every religion, both great and small, but putting the blame on a country is unacceptable.
Sanchez I completely disagree wit ϔ☺Ůȑ assertions, nd not as a Muslim but as a well tutored Historian. Prophet Neva committed atrocities, rada e was always on d defensive side. All d battles he waged in his lyf tym were majorly defensive battles. There are many Gud reads where U can pick d true story of Prophet Mohammad's battles. Interestingly, most of this reads were written by Xtian Historians and Religion experts. If I lie U can tell peepz who jez graduated frm Religions studies, xtians for dt mata, dey will tell U d story.
On Uthman Dan Fodio, he Neva committed any atrocities, bt he also waged defensive battles which he Cald Jihad against the syncretic Habe rulers, the Hausas nd in Kanem Borno. Do major reasons y he waged dose wars which I will call "survival Wars" was because d Fulanis or Fula which was d tribe he came frm were on d wage of extinction, threatened by other tribes dey wanted to survive nd carve a niche for demselves. Similar Jihads let by Seku Ahmad, d Jihads or Futa Toro, nd many oda Jihads were led by Fulanis, nd dey were always on d defensive. U nid to read more on dt.
Back 2 d American issue. Most of 2da's world acclaimed terrorists actually started their trainings in d U.S. The U.S uses nd dumps them, nd dey lata turn to sumtn else. Go check Bin Laden's origins, where did he initially get his training? Read abt Afghanistan's history. The Taliban initially received training nd support frm d U.S in d early 80s to fyt Russia. Wat av dey turned 2 2da? Wat abt Saddam? Read abt his early affiliations wit d U.S in d 80s dt brought him at loggerheads wit oda Arabs states, nd wat happend 2 him lata? D list I̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ endless. I guess U will nid 2 do a thorough readn on dis subject. Ironically d U.S U myt want to defend I̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ not an xtian nation. Or av dey Eva said so?

(1) (Reply)

Joseph, Me And Potipher's Wife / Dame Jonathan At Enugu Adoration Ground / How Do You See Speaking In Tongues Without Interpretation In Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.