Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,263 members, 7,780,587 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:01 PM

Jennifer Hudson's Mom Found Shot To Death - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Jennifer Hudson's Mom Found Shot To Death (2143 Views)

Jennifer Hudson Loses 80 Pounds In Weight And Becomes New Face Of Soho Jeans! / Jennifer Hudson Basically Wears A Bra On The Red Carpet. / Mariah Carey, Beyonce Knowles, Jennifer Lopez: Who Is Most Beautiful? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jennifer Hudson's Mom Found Shot To Death by tope2000(f): 12:54am On Oct 25, 2008
A nightmare for this Dreamgirl.

Sources confirm to E! News that Jennifer Hudson's mother, 57-year-old Darnell Donnerson, was found dead Friday afternoon in a house on the South Side of Chicago that is listed in Donerson's name.

Officer John Mirabelli of the Chicago Police Department tells E! that officers were called to a house in the 7000 block of Yale Avenue in the neighborhood of Englewood, where just before 3 p.m. they discovered two unresponsive adults—one male, one female—who had apparently been shot to death.

The shooting is at this time believed to be domestic, according to police. Various reports are claiming that the other victim was Hudson's older brother, Jason Hudson.

A 7-year-old boy named Julian King has also been reported missing, but authorities aren't confirming whether he's a relative of Jennifer Hudson.

Per the Chicago Tribune, police are looking for a white 1994 Chevrolet Suburban registered to Jason Hudson with Illinois license plate No. X584859. They say the boy could be inside and an Amber Alert has been issued.

A police spokeswoman told the Tribune that the female victim was shot in the head, while a 29-year-old man sustained a gunshot wound to the chest.

Mirabelli could not confirm the victims' identities, but a source close to Jennifer Hudson confirmed to E! that an initial local TV report identifying Donnerson as a victim, based on information provided by a representative of the family's church, Pleasant Gift Missionary Baptist, was true.

A large crowd had gathered outside the home, where police tape was blocking all comers from getting too close. According to the Cook County Assessor's Office, Donnerson purchased the 1,910-square-foot home in 1996.

E! has learned that Jennifer Hudson was in Florida when she heard the news and is currently en route to Chicago. In happier times, she had been planning to go to Japan Monday to promote her new album, but that trip has been canceled.

"My faith in God and my family, they're very realistic and very normal, they're not into the whole limelight kind of thing, so when I go home to Chicago that's just another place that's home," Hudson, who got engaged last month to boyfriend David Otunga, said in a recent interview with the Associated Press.

"I stand in line with everybody else, or, when I go home to my mom I'm just Jennifer, [so she says], 'You get up and you take care of your own stuff.' And I love that; I don't like when people tell you everything you want to hear — I want to hear the truth, you know what I mean?"

The Oscar winner purchased a posh condo on Chicago's North side in 2006 for $537,500. Her digs were featured on the Sept. 28 season premiere of Extreme Makover: Home Edition when she offered decorating advice for a young girl's new bedroom.

1 Like

Re: Jennifer Hudson's Mom Found Shot To Death by Danke: 1:32am On Oct 25, 2008
na waooooo
Re: Jennifer Hudson's Mom Found Shot To Death by EbonyMerma(f): 2:12am On Oct 25, 2008
I am from Chicago, the Yale neighborhood is one of the worst. I wonder why she was still living there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jennifer Hudson's Mom Found Shot To Death by shylladear(f): 10:44am On Oct 25, 2008
i realy feel for her cry
Re: Jennifer Hudson's Mom Found Shot To Death by Gamine(f): 11:33am On Oct 25, 2008
oh my! cry
Re: Jennifer Hudson's Mom Found Shot To Death by arramyjay: 2:49pm On Oct 25, 2008
Oh My God,so sad.
Re: Jennifer Hudson's Mom Found Shot To Death by ndividual: 3:32pm On Oct 25, 2008
I feel sad. And judging from what i've seen on E! Entertainment's insight on on deranged/obsessed stalkers/killers, it's chilling to think the length people won't hesitate to go after celebrities. This was premeditated and wicked to the highest degree. Who can understand why? My heart goes out to her all the way.
Re: Jennifer Hudson's Mom Found Shot To Death by SeanT21(f): 5:21pm On Oct 25, 2008
Really wrong on Jennifer Part. How come she left her mom living in the ghetto while she live on the North Side.

Cmon now.

RIP Darnell Donnerson!!!

If only your daughter could have known better!!!
Re: Jennifer Hudson's Mom Found Shot To Death by SeanT21(f): 5:26pm On Oct 25, 2008
Her mother,

Re: Jennifer Hudson's Mom Found Shot To Death by tpia: 5:51pm On Oct 25, 2008
Re: Jennifer Hudson's Mom Found Shot To Death by sima(f): 9:08pm On Oct 25, 2008
9ice. . .
Re: Jennifer Hudson's Mom Found Shot To Death by evergreen6: 9:55pm On Oct 25, 2008
So sad . . .

(1) (Reply)

Close Up On Chocolate City In House Producer, Jesse Jagz / P Square Interview With Wendy William Show / Top Nollywood Earners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.