Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,957 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:47 AM

Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland (12055 Views)

Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland / Daybreak In Udi: An Exposé Of British Colonization Schemes In Igboland / The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland by oboy3(m): 9:41pm On Aug 27, 2014
the o.p asked for communities,y'all are mentioning nnewi,orlu,mbano e.t.c whiich are all L.Gs

1 Like

Re: Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland by Nobody: 9:58pm On Aug 27, 2014
Ezi! If you don't mention my name,you won't comment.

OrlandoOwoh:
Is there anything bad in wishing the state (Anambra) of Peppyluv02 well?

6 Likes

Re: Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland by Ogbonaikenna(m): 9:59pm On Aug 27, 2014
Adelaide2: There is this community in Abia where you have so many generals that they refer to it as the ''Langtang of Igoland''. That is where Gen Ike Nwachukwu and the immediate past CAS, Gen Ihejirika, hail from.
ISIKWU ATO

1 Like

Re: Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland by Nobody: 10:02pm On Aug 27, 2014
My inlaws... kiss

TabletMan: O S U M E N Y I .... At Nnewi south Local Government...

A town/community with great value.
Re: Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland by PrinxArthur1(m): 10:18pm On Aug 27, 2014
ORAIFITE,NNEWI,EKWULUOBIA,ONITSHA,MBAISE,ABA,ORLU etc

1 Like

Re: Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland by abagoro(m): 10:22pm On Aug 27, 2014
Re: Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland by abagoro(m): 10:24pm On Aug 27, 2014
One thing about Nigerians is that we are beclouded with sentiments and enjoy lying to ourselves. If the poster has business in mind, then there are 2 areas of Igboland that are clearly top.

1) The Igbo heartland which starts from Orlu in Imo State and stops at Awka in Anambra State with such towns as Nkwerre, Amaigbo, Orlu, Ideato, Nnewi, Neni, Uga, Akokwa, Umuoji, Okija, Ozubulu,Awka-etiti etc.

And

2) The Northern Abia area which is also known as old Bende. This includes such towns as Abiriba, Igbere, Alayi, Uzuakoli, Ohafia, Arochukwu, Ovim etc.
Re: Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland by AustineE1: 10:27pm On Aug 27, 2014
Adelaide2: There is this community in Abia where you have so many generals that they refer to it as the ''Langtang of Igoland''. That is where Gen Ike Nwachukwu and the immediate past CAS, Gen Ihejirika, hail from.
....igbo land is made up of communities and families with great legacies,the community you refered to,should be 'Ovim Isikwu ato' the land of the generals!where you have great men like Admiral Ndubuisi Kalu,former military administrator of Lagos state and also he was partly responsible for placing most of their people in the military e.g Gen.Ike Nwachukwu,maj.gen Ihejirika amongs many!...there are also many great kindreds in Igbo land e.g in Nimo in Anambra State,the royal family of Onyiuke where the former director general of Nigeria stock exchange hails from(mrs onyiuke)its a very big family partly because Igwe onyiuke in his days married many wives and one of his brothers became a notable barrister,got to be a SAN and in those days was made the chief Justice of Tanzania,he awarded scholarship to any member of the kindred who wishes to study law and as of the last count,there are over (70) seventy lawyers from the kindred alone,all answering Onyiuke except those who got married and their names were changed to their husbands name.
God bless the Igbo spirit!

5 Likes

Re: Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland by VAQAXY: 10:35pm On Aug 27, 2014
Osumenyi my inlaw's place must be on that list..

Re: Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland by EasternLeopard: 10:36pm On Aug 27, 2014
abagoro: One thing about Nigerians is that we are beclouded with sentiments and enjoy lying to ourselves. If the poster has business in mind, then there are 2 areas of Igboland that are clearly top.

1) The Igbo heartland which starts from Orlu in Imo State and stops at Awka in Anambra State with such towns as Nkwerre, Amaigbo, Orlu, Ideato, Nnewi, Neni, Uga, Akokwa, Umuoji, Okija, Ozubulu,Awka-etiti etc.

And

2) The Northern Abia area which is also known as old Bende. This includes such towns as Abiriba, Igbere, Alayi, Uzuakoli, Ohafia, Arochukwu, Ovim etc.

Pls explain for clarity sake

What is heartland and what criteria did you use to classify orlu akwa axis as Igbo heartland.
Re: Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland by OdenigboAroli(m): 10:36pm On Aug 27, 2014
peppyluv02: Ezi! If you don't mention my name,you won't comment.

I swear,she has the hots on you.
I am a man ,I should know...lol

1 Like

Re: Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland by OdenigboAroli(m): 10:38pm On Aug 27, 2014
gratieao:
Nnewi
Awkaetiti
Abriba
Neni
Etc

How many factories did Abriba people build in their town?
Re: Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland by TabletMan: 10:41pm On Aug 27, 2014
peppyluv02: My inlaws... kiss

Good to know that OSUMENYI people are going places..

Hope my bro/sis is not giving your family headache?

1 Like

Re: Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland by OdenigboAroli(m): 10:41pm On Aug 27, 2014
Off my hand I can count about 20 factories built in Umuoji by our indigens.
About three hotels.
A massive main market at Nkwo Umuoji nearing completion.
I will not count residential castle scattered all over Umuoji.
Re: Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland by VAQAXY: 10:41pm On Aug 27, 2014
Osumenyi

Re: Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland by OdenigboAroli(m): 10:44pm On Aug 27, 2014
TabletMan: O S U M E N Y I .... At Nnewi south Local Government...

A town/community with great value.

Osumenyi guys have beautiful houses and after that what else.
Many people dont know about Umuoji because of the popularity of Nkpo who is our neighbor but dont underrated us because we hit like a shot gun.
Re: Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland by OdenigboAroli(m): 10:45pm On Aug 27, 2014
TabletMan: Good to know that OSUMENYI people are going places..

Hope my bro/sis is not giving your family headache?

Are we talking about houses or money yielding ventures?
Re: Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland by Douglasdale(m): 10:46pm On Aug 27, 2014
EasternLeopard:

They are talking of community group development you are talking of govt

Individual zeal coupled with common community zeal to industrialize made Nnewi what it is today

So don't bring the issue of govt here
That guy is an illiterate. He dosent know the difference.
Re: Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland by TabletMan: 10:47pm On Aug 27, 2014
Dp
Re: Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland by TabletMan: 11:08pm On Aug 27, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

How many factories did Abriba people build in their town?
OdenigboAroli:
Osumenyi guys have beautiful houses and after that what else.
Many people dont know about Umuoji because of the popularity of Nkpo who is our neighbor but dont underrated us because we hit like a shot gun.
You have come again to hype that bush(umuoji) u call a village via comparison?
But I will obliged you..

Osumenyi built community bank.
They built their own market(eke Osumenyi) where people from bigger communities at imo and anambra normally come on eke market days.
They built Osumenyi plaza( a building that will dwarf all the shanties at umuoji built as town hall)
They built police station.
They people small scale industries to keep the village going.
People like Ik ifediniru are giving scholarship to students in universities and he has about 200+ on his payroll( how many souls put together at umuoji is doing that?)
Fabian Nworah(ceo of efab) is giving scholarship to his kindred from Jss3- university level, students in Jss3-30k
SS3-65k
Uni(arts)-100k
Uni(sci)-150k how many people can do that at umuoji?
Ukachukwu rebuilt many houses that is old and weak.
I am tired of typing cos there are many mores like contribution to schools, electricity and roads.
Just tell me how umuoji is more progressive than OSUMENYI after my long list. gringrin.

2 Likes

Re: Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland by oboy3(m): 11:17pm On Aug 27, 2014
TabletMan: You have come again to hype that bush(umuoji) u call a village via comparison?
But I will obliged you..

They built their own market(eke Osumenyi) where people from bigger communities at imo and anambra normally come on eke market days.
They built Osumenyi plaza( a building that will dwarf all the shanties at umuoji built as town hall)
People like Ik ifediniru are giving scholarship to students in universities and he has about 200+ on his payroll( how many souls put together at umuoji is doing that?)
Fabian Nworah(ceo of efab) is giving scholarship to his kindred from Jss3- university level, students in Jss3-30k
SS3-65k
Uni(arts)-100k
I am tired of typing cos there are many mores like contribution to schools, electricity and roads.
Just tell me how umuoji is more progressive than OSUMENYI after my long list. gringrin.

iwe na ewekwa i ofuma nwune

were ya nwayo,i me gbuo mmadu ebea
Re: Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland by TabletMan: 11:30pm On Aug 27, 2014
oboy3: iwe na ewekwa i ofuma nwune

were ya nwayo,i me gbuo mmadu ebea
Nwanne mmadu, ife m choro ikwu ka buru oke ibu
Mana achoro m igba break.
Re: Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland by OdenigboAroli(m): 11:38pm On Aug 27, 2014
TabletMan: You have come again to hype that bush(umuoji) u call a village via comparison?
But I will obliged you..

SS3-65k
Uni(arts)-100k

Chai,ewu ataa m igu na isi...lol
To call Umuoji a bush is to call Ogidi,Oba and even Ojoto a bush...guy,calm dow nobi fight.
The new Community secondary school was built by Umuoji Improvement Union.
Umuoji singlehandedly built their Community bank.
Mangrova Okonkwo(Ichie isi enyi) were one of the first people to construct roads in Nigeria,around late seventies.
Julius Okwueze singlehandedly built a church for Achalagu and gave numerous scholarships to indigent students.
Frank Okosa tarred his own road,
Ekweoba Mmuoghalu tarred his own road.
Mike Umegakwe gave numerous scholarships to Umuoji students.

Dude,I can continue like this till day break.
Na person wey never see another person papa house dey talk say na him papa own big pass.
I swear,you have never been to Umuoji,thats why you are spewing this trash.
Come to Umuoji,factories are scattered everywhere,built by indegins.
Guy dont go there,dont even!

2 Likes

Re: Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland by OdenigboAroli(m): 11:46pm On Aug 27, 2014
TabletMan: Nwanne mmadu, ife m choro ikwu ka buru oke ibu
Mana achoro m igba break.

Guy,you can only talk about your town no come here come yarn about wetin you no sabe.
Alliance industries.
Eke petters industries.
Markson Cosmetics.
Deumann Chemicals.
Chriscord Aluminium.
These industries are all in Umuoji.....and this are the only ones I can remember.
Nwoke m,taa gbafuo ebea!
Odi onye mulu nke osu na ala!
Re: Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland by Nobody: 11:50pm On Aug 27, 2014
Apart from Nnewi, nowhere is better than Abiriba in Igbo land, just check out the Abiriba township stadium. I always doffffffff my cap for those guy. Abiriba kala okpo kala onwu.

1 Like

Re: Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland by iamodenigbo1(m): 12:01am On Aug 28, 2014
make o de follow small small
Re: Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:12am On Aug 28, 2014
DikeOha882: Apart from Nnewi, nowhere is better than Abiriba in Igbo land, just check out the Abiriba township stadium. I always doffffffff my cap for those guy. Abiriba kala okpo kala onwu.

Again,how many i.industries did Abriba people built in their town?
Secondly,how many people did the township stadium employ ?
Did they have international market in Abriba?

I dont know if you people are arguing about aesthetic look or money yielding investments like Hospitals,Markets,factories and banks.
Lets be clear,biko.

2 Likes

Re: Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland by eaglechild: 12:13am On Aug 28, 2014
oboy3: the o.p asked for communities,y'all are mentioning nnewi,orlu,mbano e.t.c whiich are all L.Gs
Nnewi is a town.
Re: Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland by eaglechild: 12:16am On Aug 28, 2014
DikeOha882: Apart from Nnewi, nowhere is better than Abiriba in Igbo land, just check out the Abiriba township stadium. I always doffffffff my cap for those guy. Abiriba kala okpo kala onwu.
You need to get around more often before making such categorical statements.

Of course Abiriba is nice but there are also many towns in Anambra just like it.

1 Like

Re: Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland by TabletMan: 12:18am On Aug 28, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Chai,ewu ataa m igu na isi...lol
To call Umuoji a bush is to call Ogidi,Oba and even Ojoto a bush...guy,calm dow nobi fight.
The new Community secondary school was built by Umuoji Improvement Union.
Umuoji singlehandedly built their Community bank.
Mangrova Okonkwo(Ichie isi enyi) were one of the first people to construct roads in Nigeria,around late seventies.
Julius Okwueze singlehandedly built a church for Achalagu and gave numerous scholarships to indigent students.
Frank Okosa tarred his own road,
Ekweoba Mmuoghalu tarred his own road.
Mike Umegakwe gave numerous scholarships to Umuoji students.

Dude,I can continue like this till day break.
Na person wey never see another person papa house dey talk say na him papa own big pass.
I swear,you have never been to Umuoji,thats why you are spewing this trash.
Come to Umuoji,factories are scattered everywhere,built by indegins.
Guy dont go there,dont even!
LOL gringrin
Umuoji deserve the term BUSH cos it has refuse to develop like her neighboring towns like Ogidi and Oba despite it proximity to Onitsha, people will rather run to nkwelle than going to umuoji.

And you're living on past glory, are u trying to tell me that a road that was constructed in late seventies has not washed away?
And also there is something different between someone giving the whole town scholarship at uni level via those who are interested and someone giving few selected pri and second students scholarship.
When it comes to road, just ask chino howfar abt it.
Peter obi gave osumenyi town union 9million to build ict lab for osumenyi boys secondary and Osumenyi girls secondary respectively, the ICT Lab will be Equip with Computer via two students one computer , the 9million is small but peter obi did that because he knew Osumenyi will see to the rest of the expenses( can any sane governor try that in umuoji where there are many hungry loafers that will squander the money donated?)
When it comes to church, make u no go that side oh.
What abt masquerade houses that where built in our nine main villages? In umuoji, a young guy can wake up in the morning, run to agulu and buy masquerade custom and start terrorizing the village with his fellow goons gringrin but in Osumenyi, we have masquerade houses where they kept their own customs are kept in different sizes and designs.

Hand don dey pain me gringrin
I am coming up with more.

Those aluminum factories in ur town, are they built by indigenes?

2 Likes

Re: Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland by Malawian(m): 12:18am On Aug 28, 2014
come to oraukwu. homeland of the great. the only problem is light. i mean, you can stay there for 3 - 4 weeks without the light blinking.

1 Like

Re: Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:22am On Aug 28, 2014
eaglechild:
You need to get around more often before making such categorical statements.

Of course Abiriba is nice but there are also many towns in Anambra just like it.

I don tire for all these emotional laden arguements from these people.
Most of these guys never been to Alor,Ojoto,Awka Etiti,Oraifite,Ukpo,Oraukwu,Okija and even my own Umuoji. Abriba is fine but why the comparisons. By the way,the Op never said anything about aesthetic looks.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes / Glitz, Glamour Of Isinro Festival In Oke-ila / Stolen Benin City Mask To Be Auctioned In London For N1.25b

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.