Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,204 members, 7,807,684 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:27 PM

Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? (33810 Views)

What Open Marriage Taught One Man About Feminism / Can An Open Marriage Ever Work In The Real World? / An Open Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by Seun(m): 11:47am On Sep 20, 2005
Open marriage is when a wife tells her husband,
"Look, I know that you have trouble keeping little junior to yourself whenever I am not around and you see these young things in skirt. And I'm not a saint myself; I would like to see what other men have to offer in bed. So why don't we go ahead and have sex with other people? As long as you don't impregnate another lady it's ok with me, and I myself will make sure get pregnant by another man!"

From the wikipedia, "An open marriage is a marriage where both parties agree that they are permitted the right to have sexual relationships outside the marriage, without regarding this as sexual infidelity."

In this day and age when sex is everywhere, people are finding it difficult to stick to their marital vows; when it seems that 'old fashioned' values about sex being restricted to marriage only are no longer realistic, would you consider an open marriage? (At least, in an open marriage, you would know when your spouse is sleeping with someone else and be able to protect yourself.)

Do you know that Will Smith and Jada Pinkett-Smith (his wife) have an open marriage? shocked
(and maybe that is why they are not divorced after all this time?)
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by goodguy(m): 11:57am On Sep 20, 2005
Never! I would never consider such arrant nonsense. If my wife attempts to bring up such a suggestion . . . I reserve my comments! lipsrsealed
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by fabian(f): 12:01pm On Sep 20, 2005
Nope, that is not an option for me. That is plain rubbish! Wherever did they get that kinda idea from
Where did you get this info by the way? I never knew Will and Jada had an "open" marriage. Anyway, gimme the links to the info so I can comment more on the topic. I don't like judging people so for Will and Jada, no judgement.

1 Like

Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by Seun(m): 12:06pm On Sep 20, 2005
Will Smith says he has 'open' marriage with Jada Pinkett Smith

U.S. actor Will Smith says he and his wife have an agreement that they can have sex with others provided they inform each other first.

"Our perspective is, you don't avoid what's natural," Smith told Britain's Daily Mail. "You're going to be attracted to people. In our marriage vows, we didn't say "forsaking all others. The vow that we made was that you will never hear that I did something after the fact."

"If it came down to it, then one can say to the other, 'Look, I need to have sex with somebody. I'm not going to if you don't approve of it -- but please approve of it.'"

Smith said he was forced to admit he had sexual feelings for other women when working on his film "Hitch," in which he stars with Eva Mendes, whom he described as "freakin' gorgeous."

Despite that attraction, Smith says his second marriage is still solid.

http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/articles/story.php?s=1001905
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by goodguy(m): 12:11pm On Sep 20, 2005
Will isn't well smiley

1 Like

Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by angelak(f): 12:27pm On Sep 20, 2005
Well i read that article about Will Smith's open marriage. I think his completely insane. I don't want an open marriage sad.

1 Like

Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by fabian(f): 12:35pm On Sep 20, 2005
some people are SICK!

1 Like

Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by Seun(m): 12:57pm On Sep 20, 2005
What's sick about it? At least he's being honest! Doesn't that count?

How do you expect a man that has been sleeping with whomever he likes, whenever he likes (before marriage) to suddenly become a one woman man after marriage? Is that really a reasonable expectation? I don't understand how people can condone premarital sex but frown against extra-marital affairs or this seemingly clever idea of open marriage!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by Motee(f): 12:57pm On Sep 20, 2005
They do not know the word and this is looking at it from the Christian and Muslim view.  So please! Do not blame them because they do not know what they are doing. Let us just use their opportunity to keep pleading for God’s Grace on our own weaknesses.

I feel more worst things are still coming if Jesus does not come on time.
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by vexxy(f): 1:00pm On Sep 20, 2005
That's not a marriage, that's a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship with rings. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by dovey(m): 1:23pm On Sep 20, 2005
I don't think I can do that, maybe because I am the jealous type, but I think everybody has is or her life to live so far you don't hurt the other person. In a nutshell, Open Marriage is better than Infidelity in a marriage since the other partner would know the king of person u are sleeping with.
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by Viktor(m): 2:02pm On Sep 20, 2005
If that's what an open marriage is then that's [rubbish]. How can I share my most priceless with another man?

Hey, I think the world needs to get it's act right. For heavens sake, even if we are not so religious is there no more self dignity? So sorry a world we are living in; I wouldn't advice anybody to take that path because you know the way that seemeth right in the sight of man leads to destruction.

So I do not agree with an open marriage or whatever they call it.
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by layi(m): 2:25pm On Sep 20, 2005
Open marriage is NO marriage. Just deceit.
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by vexxy(f): 2:32pm On Sep 20, 2005
"dovey":
Open Marriage is better than Infidelity in a marriage since the other partner would know the king of person u are sleeping with.

Open Marriage is a "nice" way to say infidelity, unfaithfulness, adultry, cheating etc. If you can't stay faithful or you wish not to, then don't get married. Simple as that.

V
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by angelak(f): 3:34pm On Sep 20, 2005
Seun:

What's sick about it? At least he's being honest! Doesn't that count?

How do you expect a man that has been sleeping with whomever he likes, whenever he likes (before marriage) to suddenly become a one woman man after marriage? Is that really a reasonable expectation? I don't understand how people can condone premarital sex but frown against extra-marital affairs or this seemingly clever idea of open marriage!

You are making small point sha! but like i said SMALL point!
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by fabian(f): 3:36pm On Sep 20, 2005
The Mathematics of Open Marriage is Simply

OPEN MARRIAGE = NO MARRIAGE!
Why did they ever bother to 'get married'?
I guess it was the fashionable thing for them to do then??
I can't even imagine Will opening his mouth to say such rubbish!
I really thot he had more good sense.
Well, what can I say? The world has gone haywire.
Next thing you'll hear is that pple want to legalize unions between ppl of the same parents.
It is well, jorr.

@ Seun,
I know all your tricks.......................
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by dablessed(f): 5:48pm On Sep 20, 2005
Open Marriage? Open Madness!
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by goodguy(m): 5:57pm On Sep 20, 2005
fabian:

Next thing you'll hear is that people want to legalize unions between people of the same parents.
This isn't new any longer. It is being practised in China till today. That's explains why virtually all chinese look alike. wink
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by da808cutie(f): 9:28pm On Sep 20, 2005
Open Marriage? hmmm, last i checked adultery/infedelity is a sin. So for me, an open marriage is a big no-no!
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by whiteshark(m): 1:54am On Sep 21, 2005
Cheee, God forbid dis kain tin oh ... Wat will I now tell my people in the village? This kind of thing is not acceptable and will never happen around me, my family, friend or... Everybody say AMEN !!

Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by hotangel2(f): 5:45am On Sep 21, 2005
Psssh.. I Will. Open marriage? Bring it on. As long you aint gon get no gurl pregnant, and you still gon be mine. *scratches head* *coughs*.................. Yeah I will. I love Will and Jada, they took a nice step forward. They r still the strongest couple in Hollywwod, Open marriage is good. SO llong as NO infedelity is in place. And we both agree on the rules. smiley
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by shockreaction(m): 9:09am On Sep 21, 2005
I'll be sticking with a "closed" marriage, then.
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by Motee(f): 9:17am On Sep 21, 2005
God help all Nigerian citizens living in USA.
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by layi(m): 9:54am On Sep 21, 2005
Haba hotA
hot-angel:

......................They r still the strongest couple in Hollywwod
They don't even qualify for "couple". Theirs is just a registered boy/girlfriend relationship. The last time i checked, to couple means to join together to become 1. This people are surely not joined..they just cohabit. Why on earth would you have a wife and still want to have sex outside?

hot-angel:

............. SO llong as NO infedelity is in place.
Then what is infidelity? We might as well scrap the word from the dico. For jeez sake legalizin a wrong doesnt make it right.
Stealing beign legalize wont make u watch a thief go with your stuff. What is wrong is wrong

These people are no couple, just cohabitants prolly for 'babymakin' sake
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by fabian(f): 10:54am On Sep 21, 2005
Hottie, you must be jokin!
They dont have a marriage, they have a legal boyfriend/girlfriend relationship. Who are they kiddin? Surely not me??

So marrying one's kin is legal in China? I never knew!
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by hotangel2(f): 5:06pm On Sep 21, 2005
It's a marriage as long as they both have rings on their fingers. I seriously am not joking. Open marriage is actuallt an improvement. Hello, you can married and enjoy being a single. Hmm who says freedom is not good? Nobody.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by layi(m): 5:23pm On Sep 21, 2005
hot-angel:

................Hello, you can married and enjoy being a single. ..................

Why get married then ?

1 Like

Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by hotangel2(f): 5:27pm On Sep 21, 2005
because u wanna be married. Layi... Open marriage is good. You know you like it.
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by goodguy(m): 5:30pm On Sep 21, 2005
Lizzy u are not well at all!!!
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by hotangel2(f): 5:31pm On Sep 21, 2005
i am well. Very well. I mean come on, There's nothing bad with open marriage. Just stick to the godamn rules and you'll both enjoy it. There's a movie on it. I cant remeber the name. But that movie is good.
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by layi(m): 5:32pm On Sep 21, 2005
@Lizzy
Its not good. Marriage is a serious institution ordained by God. Its no childs play.
We dont have to legalize every wrong to make it 'look' right.
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by goodguy(m): 5:36pm On Sep 21, 2005
You're right Layi. I'm sure Lizzy's just joking . . . trying to pull words out of our mouths wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Poor People In Nigeria Are A Terrible Lot- Nigerian Lady Says, Gives Reasons / Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. / Nigerian Men Talk About Vasectomies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.