Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,072 members, 7,807,210 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:08 AM

Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? (33808 Views)

What Open Marriage Taught One Man About Feminism / Can An Open Marriage Ever Work In The Real World? / An Open Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by hotangel2(f): 5:36pm On Sep 21, 2005
Oh hell no! i aint joking. i am drop dead serious. Just that i cant type now.. cos i gat to go to class. Will u stop replying already.!
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by NSNA: 5:49pm On Sep 21, 2005
and we live life'
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by goodguy(m): 6:09pm On Sep 21, 2005
If Lizzy is actually serious, then I guess she's got to be checked (medically and spiritually).

But seriously now, as u grow older Lizzy, u'll come to understand the fact that open marriage is arrant nonsense. It's not even worth calling a marriage. From what u are saying Lizzy, I think u feel marriage is all about sex!, sex!! and sex!!!. For God's sake, other things will have to be considered also. Afterall, you are going have children with ur husband definitely. How do u expect ur children to feel when they know about ur escapades? HOW DO YOU EVEN EXPECT GOD TO REACT TO SUCH? As far as I am concerned, sleeping with a man who is not ur husband is wrong. Pure Adultery! whether your husband approves it or not! As far as God is not in support of it, even when ur husband totally agrees with you, God will surely frown at such!
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by dablessed(f): 7:12pm On Sep 21, 2005
goodguy:

As far as God is not in support of it, even when your husband totally agrees with you, God will surely frown at such!

True say goodguy! Well said.

Lizzy, you amaze me atimes, just tell me you're kidding. You cant be serious that open marriage is sane.
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by hotangel2(f): 7:31pm On Sep 21, 2005
I'm still tryna get it. I dont get why y'all up on me. Open marriage is good. Both of you will deffinitely take care of your kids. It's just that you'll test different patners. The finances, taking care of the home and kids will still be your job. You'll act as parents and as married couples do. just that you'll be free to try different patners without saying to yourselves "you cheated on me".
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by goodguy(m): 7:41pm On Sep 21, 2005
Seems to me all u are thinking for now is "the freedom to test other guys". But as I said earlier, as u grow older, u'll understand wink
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by Ka: 11:34pm On Sep 21, 2005
So marrying one's kin is legal in China? I never knew!

No, it's not (and has never been) legal. I don't know how goodguy got hold of this information.
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by Scorpio(f): 12:17am On Sep 22, 2005
D hell i won't! it's way better if we get a divorce than allowin some woman lay hands on my husband.
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by hotangel2(f): 12:20am On Sep 22, 2005
Selfishness. tongue
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by Scorpio(f): 12:26am On Sep 22, 2005
This one is not a matter of selfishness, it's just about keepin wat's mine. I personally will not allow any other man lay hands on me, y shud my husband even conceive the idea of an open marriage? it's not healthy!
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by hotangel2(f): 12:28am On Sep 22, 2005
Who say's it's not healthy. Combining the "sex-ability" of every man together is sooooooooo healthy.
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by Scorpio(f): 12:35am On Sep 22, 2005
To each his own, just play safe. as for me, there ain't no way i'm havin it. he's either bringin it home to me or i'm not havin it at all! i don't want to know about other guy's/men sexuality, if i wanted dat, i wouldn't have gotten married in the first place.
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by angelak(f): 10:31am On Sep 22, 2005
This world is crazy!

Guys why don't you admit that you will love your wives to practice closed marriage while you guys can secretly practice and enjoy the open marriage system.
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by gina34(f): 3:08pm On Sep 22, 2005
Open marriage is no marriage.

angry
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by hotangel2(f): 4:18pm On Sep 22, 2005
Says you.
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by sammykola: 9:32am On Sep 23, 2005
This is something serious. On personal view I would not indulge in such marriage. The african setting does not appreciate this and since I stayed my life in africa, the culture of africa has been in me. It is good for husbands who cannot keep their 'thing' zipped.
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by jumfol(f): 11:30am On Sep 23, 2005
Marriage is honourable and bed undefiled that is what the bible says. Adultery is adultery, even if it is done with the consent of your spouse. You have broken the vows.

Jumfol
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by lalaing: 11:40am On Sep 23, 2005
good luck 4 smith and his wife but 4 me it would not happen or i will kill u b4 u know it
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by whiteshark(m): 11:53am On Sep 23, 2005
I did some more digging and I think this gist is really true oh.

http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/articles/story.php?s=1001905
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by goodguy(m): 12:27pm On Sep 23, 2005
Ka:

No, it's not (and has never been) legal. I don't know how goodguy got hold of this information.
So I heard. smiley
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by angelgab: 1:50pm On Sep 23, 2005
in africa contex is a taboom,if both re not mad why must such take place when u r in love
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by FOD(m): 2:17pm On Sep 23, 2005
Seems we've gat enough religious guys in the house. On a serious note, it shouldn't be thought of, let alone practised. I would never welcome such a consideration.
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by ace2ice(f): 3:30pm On Sep 23, 2005
Well....i think i like the idea tho.
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by hotangel2(f): 4:26pm On Sep 23, 2005
That's the spirit Ace. There's totaly nothing wrong with it.
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by vexxy(f): 5:02pm On Sep 23, 2005
I just don't get why one would marry if one was still interested in putting his/her hands in other's cookie jars.
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by Seun(m): 5:09pm On Sep 23, 2005
To have legitimate kids? Tax benefits? More respect from the society?
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by hotangel2(f): 5:22pm On Sep 23, 2005
vexxy:

I just don't get why one would marry if one was still interested in putting his/her hands in other's cookie jars.

One marries because you just wanna marry. Marriage isn't compulsory.. but it's advisable.
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by vexxy(f): 5:24pm On Sep 23, 2005
Why would having legitimate kids be a reason?  No one sees your lack of being married equalling illegitimate kids.  Maybe back in the 40's but certainly not in these times.

You may get tax benefits from being married but you'd spend your money on "the other person."  How is that helpful?

I hardly doubt that cheating on your wife "whether agreed to or not" can give you more respect in society.  If anything it makes you look like a "double minded man" and you know that a double minded man is unstable in all of his ways.  How can he be trusted?
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by vexxy(f): 5:27pm On Sep 23, 2005
hot-angel:

One marries because you just want to marry. Marriage isn't compulsory.. but it's advisable.

People don't understand the gravity of marriage.  They treat it like it's any other kind of on again, off again relationship which it's not.

You should get married for a better reason than "Just because I want to." sad That's why so many marriages fail today.
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by hotangel2(f): 5:36pm On Sep 23, 2005
Hmmm.. What can i say? You marry just because you want to say "i do" and have someone that's permanent beside you.
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by goodguy(m): 5:43pm On Sep 23, 2005
ace2ice:

Well.i think i like the idea tho.

I thot Lizzy was the only sick person on nairaland rolleyes
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by vexxy(f): 6:32pm On Sep 23, 2005
You can have a permanet person beside you without getting married. Your parent's, for instance, will be permanently beside you. Your other family members, good (genuine) friends are just examples. Marriage goes far beyond just having a permanent buddy claimed by a ring. sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. / The Poor People In Nigeria Are A Terrible Lot- Nigerian Lady Says, Gives Reasons / Nigerian Men Talk About Vasectomies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.