Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,305 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:08 AM

Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? (33811 Views)

What Open Marriage Taught One Man About Feminism / Can An Open Marriage Ever Work In The Real World? / An Open Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by showbobo(m): 1:13pm On Jan 17, 2007
ouch. Lady T that was quite harsh on Oke Amu.i am sure he knows diseases are out there.he is not a kid and precisely the awareness is everywhere.
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by LadyT(f): 1:30pm On Jan 17, 2007
showbobo:

ouch. Lady T that was quite harsh on Oke Amu.i am sure he knows diseases are out there.he is not a kid and precisely the awareness is everywhere.

And you there fine boy no pimples thinking you are Gods gift. You Nigerian men say one thing and do another. I doubt very much protection is used because he will be thinking he sleeps with these girls often so they must be clean.
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by opeemi1(m): 2:42pm On Jan 17, 2007
It is really bad to hear that one of my favourite artiste of all time is engage to this act of marriage. It is absolutely nonsense and absurd to have sexual relationship outside your marriage vows. I will never take that. If my spouse suggest such an idea, I will simply show her the door. angry
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by boladonas(m): 6:20pm On Jan 17, 2007
Most of us are already practicing open marriages
so wats d hulabaloo about?
Girls have several guys doing it with them
Guys sleep with everything in skirts
We all change and rotate babes after a while
till the cycle is complete
How many of u dont know who is now sleeping with ur ex?
abeg lets stop all these hypo and lets begin a moral campaign
that will help all of us to now become sane.
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by yemmydavid(m): 11:42pm On Jan 17, 2007
ITS JUST EATING UR CAKE AND STILL HAVING IT. i think i'll consider it,its not a bad idea
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by CaliBobo1(m): 1:45am On Jan 18, 2007
Seven pages of thread responses, yet no one mentioned the real reason for Will & Jada's open relationship. No disrespect to Hot-Angel's in-depth investigative journalism back in Sept 2005.

It's a well known fact here in Hollywood that both Will & Jada are bi-sexual!. Back in 1990, Jada was in a lesbian relationship when she was on the TV Show, "A Different World". Most of the top tv & film producers in Hollywood are gay, so if you want stardom badly enough, you will end up doing unprintable stuff with them. It is rumoured that Wills escapade with the guys started sometime around filming of "Fresh Prince of Bel Air". So now you know - Will sleeps with other women, AND MEN! and Jada sleeps with OTHER WOMEN TOO!. shocked shocked shocked

You will not find that on the internet. There is a current trend of "down-low brothas" prevalent in Hollywood. D lesbian thing's been around for a long time. Other notable "down-low brothas" are Dr. Dre of Aftermath Records, Johnny Gill of New Edition, some grapevines even include P Diddy, but the buzz there is not as strong as the others. Remember when Eddie Murphy was caught with a male prostitute in Hollywood and he said he tot "he" was a "she" and he was giving "her" a "lift". He was arrested on Santa Monica Blvd. This is a street in Los Angeles notorious for male prostitutes, so go figure grin.

Enough "amebo-ing" for now, hope this puts the issue to rest once and for all, re Will & Jada.
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by Ambber(f): 2:16pm On Jan 18, 2007
Those Hollywood guys are sick. They into all sorts - gay madness , gerbils. modern day sodom and gomorrah.

I am not surprised at Will and Pinkett or whatever her name is, I had always wondered what they were doing together - kind of a mismatch to me. No wonder Will's first marriage packed up and no wonder his second marriage is lasting this long! because its no marriage its just an association. Their association (not marriage) bed is so so defiled angry

arrant nonsense
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by diyobdw(f): 3:00pm On Jan 19, 2007
HAs for open marriage! its crazy and faith wise wrong but i would if i could find a partner would feels it ok! grin
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by Okeamu1(m): 8:57am On Jan 21, 2007
LadyT:

I hope you fool Oke Amu use a condom. AIDS is out there!!!

Lady T, its not my fault that i am hot, smart, succesfully and can give a woman security. I make it clear i will not marry you, still they keep coming. Why? I guess nature can explain it.

Should i cut off my d**k? No way, I will use it well and thank you for the harsh criticts. I know that AIDS is real and i play safe,

Do you know how many wives OBJ had? Concubines Nko?
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by LadyT(f): 7:49pm On Jan 21, 2007
Oke_amu:

Lady T, its not my fault that i am hot, smart, succesfully and can give a woman security. I make it clear i will not marry you, still they keep coming. Why? I guess nature can explain it.

Should i cut off my d**k? No way, I will use it well and thank you for the harsh criticts. I know that AIDS is real and i play safe,

Do you know how many wives OBJ had? Concubines Nko?

What will you do when they all end up pregnant

How do you think your wife will feel when she finds out?

Its just a nightmare waiting to happen. You have peace and you are searching for wahala. Good luck to you your going to need it.
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by Okeamu1(m): 8:57pm On Jan 21, 2007
LadyT:

What will you do when they all end up pregnant

How do you think your wife will feel when she finds out?

Its just a nightmare waiting to happen. You have peace and you are searching for wahala. Good luck to you your going to need it.

I will keep my baby and keep the woman, Maybe polygamy
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by okwosi: 12:34pm On Jan 22, 2007
Is better to remain single than practicing an open marriage.
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by BlackMamba(m): 4:24pm On Jan 22, 2007

It's a well known fact here in Hollywood that both Will & Jada are bi-sexual!.
Enough "amebo-ing" for now, hope this puts the issue to rest once and for all, re Will & Jada.

Rumors it is, or like you rightly pointed out, "amebo-ing".
Without any verifiable facts, these stories are tabloid materials at best.
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by mide2(f): 8:59pm On Jan 22, 2007
in summary its all MADNESS !
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by Egenti(m): 4:11pm On Jan 26, 2007
Seun, Keep adding fuel to the fire,
truth is that we are living in a very selfish generation. people only think of what satisfies them but when the repercussions result, they look forward to a hand that will suddenly reach out to them from no where. I have always loved Will as an actor, however, this development clearly shows that he and his so called wife need some psychologist. I pity that poor child under their care.
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by CaliBobo1(m): 10:08pm On Jan 26, 2007
BlackMamba:

Rumors it is, or like you rightly pointed out, "amebo-ing".
Without any verifiable facts, these stories are tabloid materials at best.

@ BlackMamba, am very close friends with a close associate of Will & Jada and have
been at events hosted by both, so this IS verifiable facts.

I do not agree with such a lifestyle, but I commend them for being honest enough to
know that this is the best way for them to have a long and fulfilling marriage.
And to all you uprighteous folks out there, "He without sin, cast the first stone".
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by tega78(f): 1:36am On Apr 11, 2007
If they are going to practise an open marriage, wy bother getting married in the 1st place?

I beleive that the main motivation behind adopting the opne marriage philosophy is acknowledging that we as humans will always be vulnerable tom being tempted. It is saying: "we love each other, but sometimes we may feel the need for other sexual partners. Therefore we want to be able to satisfy our physical needs wihtout it being a threat to our marriage. being open about our 'affairs' will prevent the said affairs from disrupting our family"

pardon me, but i think that is all pure BS.

Whilst it is entirely possible to have a sexual partner wihtout any emotional involvement, we humans are not built that way. We make connections, physical, as well as emotional ones.

What happens if the husband or wife who has a brief fling with someone else fallls in love with that person?

The family unit/marriage is then under threat of being disrupted and they would choose to either divorce or include the new partner into their relationship. Carry on that way and things will end up getting cimplicated.

Marriage/commmitment is about giving yourself (physically, emotionally etc) EXCLUSIVELY to one partner.

If you are incapable of doing that, why bother getting married?!
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by adeboo(f): 11:48am On Apr 12, 2007
Na wa o this is the first am hearing of Will Smith and Jada - no wander they are still together when others have split.

But in all fairness- the whole thing just depicts the whole meaning of marriage. Where there are two people (male and female) and they vow to stay together for life.

I see all these gimmicks as an easy way out of not fully commiting and not working towards their marital vows.

I think its unheard of and God help me its notwhat i wanna even consider.
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by BINTIKENYA: 4:55pm On Apr 18, 2007
OPEN MARRIAGE IS A MESS COZ THE PARTNERS COME AND G AND THATS PROMISCUITY
I BELIEVE POLIGAMY IS THE WAY TO GO,A SOLUTION TO MANY PROBLEMS INCLUDING-POVERTY AND AIDS
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by Consultant(f): 1:24am On Apr 19, 2007
Below are excerpts from interviews with Will and Jada Smith on this subject

Source: http://www.blender.com/guide/articles.aspx?id=1604

I read somewhere that you said you had an open marriage. If that’s true, can I get Jada’s number?

I never said that I had an open marriage. What I said is that our relationship is based on 100% truth. That, no matter what, there’s never going to be something that I would say or do that I wouldn’t tell her first. And then the interviewer said, well, what if you were with Eva Mendes and you wanted to … I said, well, I would say to my wife—if that situation presented itself—I would say, “Honey, I want to sleep with Eva Mendes, is that OK?” And, you know, she’d probably say no. But the point was, how can you expect to be successful in a relationship if you’re not telling your partner the 100% truth? The fact that the interviewer could take that in the direction he took it showed me where he is in his relationship, you know?

Source: http://www.indielondon.co.uk/film/hitch_smithQ&A.html

Q. Do you have an open marriage?
A. Well fidelity in a marriage is huge – you’ve got to have that or you’ve got nothing; 100% unadulterated honesty is the only way that you can ever truly be successful, but don’t believe everything you read in the newspapers, and don’t believe everything that you right in the newspapers!

Source: http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/celebrity/49422004.htm

Jada Pinkett Smith claims she doesn't care if husband Will Smith fancies other women.

The sexy actress says her actor husband can look at other beauties all he wants - as long as he doesn't touch

She said: "I love the fact that Will has a genuine appreciation for women He's a real man and if he sees an attractive woman it is how it is

"And you know, I think it kind of enhances the appreciation he has for me I am the chosen one"

Jada also laughed off rumours - sparked by Will - that the couple have an open marriage

She told Britain's The Sun newspaper: "We do not have an open marriage He wishes! He might fantasise about that, but don't you worry about that!"
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by donjohano(m): 11:10pm On May 01, 2007
Easy enough having an open marriage/relationship when you're the one being open with everonr in sight. Just try and handle your partner's infidelity. See how secure you'll feel then,
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by simstar(f): 9:27pm On May 06, 2007
omigod shocked shocked
open marriage shocked
will smith has an open marriage shocked
can't believ it shocked
and i had so much respect him shocked
when ever i heard about holly wood break -ups
i used to say can't they just be like will and jada embarassed
they have an open relationship shocked
i'm just speechless undecided
i cant believe it
open marriage shocked
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by naijaway(m): 10:38pm On May 07, 2007
una fit tell jada pinkett say i dey lag to assist her in her open marriage or matter of fact when i visit yankee i go check for myself. Is nice to know dat sexy jada is open for my grand master fast but i definately will not participate in such ideas if i was married n my wife insists on such ideas God forbid. But if she tries it then i know dat she's indirectly telling me she needs a divorce. But chei JADAAAAAAAA
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by BizBiz(m): 4:06pm On May 13, 2007
open marriage 4 where? let WILL n wife be
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by katchy(f): 6:42pm On Sep 12, 2007
cheesy I do beleive that their should be fidelity in marriage and i pray to have one , but we africans dont c the things same way with people in the western world. We are idealists and they are realists. Now look at how they reason, in the real world people cannot be attracted to the same woman or man for ever, there are bound to be unfaithful stunts which might not only be sleeping with another person, chats, kisses, hanging out , winking etc. Since we cannot have eyes for same person for ever, why not allow a situation whereby the other partner can no that nature has come calling and there could be response. Than the ideal typical african situation whereby everybody flaunts to be faithful but the stunts an individual from an open or polygamous situation has pulled, the seemingly faithful guy ha trippled that if not more.

So Will is not sick, he is a realist and reasons logically.
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by sweetberry(f): 10:23pm On Oct 01, 2007
no what is the point
i think it is just glorified adultery.
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by typical: 11:22am On Oct 02, 2007
you guys should read consultant's post.

The couple do not have any yeye open marriage. Open marriage ko, open marriage ni.
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by naijabands(m): 2:13pm On Oct 18, 2007
[s]Nothing do them o![/s] I wont mind it sha (Provided the 'openness' favours only me!) grin grin

Oya Crucufy him!
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by almondjoy(f): 6:55pm On Oct 18, 2007
Most marriages become open-ended after a while. Much ado about nothing.  Nothing wrong here.  It just means your lines of communication are still open and you respect and love yourselves enough to discuss issues like mature, decent human beings. Not a moral issue.  I would not mind.  Everyone should be able to express themselves as they see fit!  It is a matter of choice. 

I do not mind the idea at all as long as my mate is happy and I am happy.   Consenting adults?  No problem there. Really no body's business! Life is full of a wide range of possibilities.  Don't really care what others are doing except what's going down in ma house! cool

I believe in honest communication.  That is why one of my most favorite TV shows is Six Feet Under.   Live your life without apologies and die also without apologies! cool  Love Will and Jada!  Do ya thaaaaaaaaaang and keep it real! kiss
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by lucyc(f): 8:18am On Oct 19, 2007
I basically think that they are tired of their marriage,but instead of them to file for a divorced,they decided to have a open marriage.Their marriage isn't working so they decided to cover it up with open marriage,trying to fool themselves not us.they are just together becos of their kids period.Wackos
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by almondjoy(f): 1:13am On Oct 22, 2007
Just like 90% of marriages around the world.  Nothing new!  Like Most Nigerian marriages are not "open ended"----Pay as you go marriages, come and go as you please, see you when I can, Nothing spoil, wait and take, do me I do you God no vex marriages, shack up and breed marriages-----and so on and so forth.  Polygamy!

I don't know why an African will open his or her mouth under any given circumstance and comment on or condemn other cultures without taking a good look at themselves first.  Claiming some kind of moral or ethical superiority.  It never ceases to amaze me. The most open ended marriages are found in Africa so think about it and stop deceiving yourselves.
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by Rlst84sale(m): 8:25pm On Jan 19, 2008
That might be a brilliant idea if it works for u just make sure u do paternity test for all the children she has while married to you. As for me, I wouldn't want another guy to fish in my ponds. I would work hard to keep my marital vow, so help me God when that time comes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Poor People In Nigeria Are A Terrible Lot- Nigerian Lady Says, Gives Reasons / Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. / Nigerian Men Talk About Vasectomies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.