Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,320 members, 7,808,077 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:48 AM

Another Senator Dumps APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Senator Dumps APC (4277 Views)

Another Senator Caught Sleeping [photo] / Senator Dumps Jonathan, Declares Support For Buhari / Senator Annie Okonkwo Dumps APC For Not Having Good Intentions For South-East (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Senator Dumps APC by Nobody: 5:01pm On Aug 27, 2014
Premium Times-2 hours ago
Top News

The senator representing Oyo South Senatorial District on the platform of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Olufemi Lanlehin Tuesday defected to the Accord Party, AP.

Mr. Lanlehin dumped the APC at a rally in Ibadan, the state capital, barely a month after another senator, Ademola Adeseun, who represents the Central Senatorial District, also on the party’s platform, moved to the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

The exit of the two senators from the APC has further changed the political equation in the south west state in the build up to the 2015 general elections.

The development is considered a blow to the political future of the state governor, Abiola Ajimobi, who is an APC member.

The APC currently has no senator from Oyo State as the third senator, Hosea Agboola, who represents the North Senatorial District, belongs to the PDP.

Mr. Lanlehin and others defectors, including Gbenga Babalola, a former PDP senator; and an APC leader, Yemi Aderibigbe were officially presented with the AP flag by the leader of the party in the state, Rasheed Ladoja.

Also at the rally were the AP state chairman, Bashir Lawal, Secretary, Ogundiya Oguntoye; Deputy Speaker of the Oyo State House of Assembly, David Akoro; a former Speaker of the House, Adeolu Adeleke.

Others are Deputy Chairman, House of Representatives Committee on Education, Abiola Ajaja and an AP member of the House, Busari Olayemi.

Mr. Ladoja, a former governor of the state said the former APC senator was free to contest any elective position under the party except the governorship which was reserved for him (Ladoja).

He assured the party supporters and the people of the state that AP would not let them down if elected to form a new government in May next year.

“We did it before and we shall do it even better again,” Mr. Ladoja said.

Responding, Mr. Lanlehin, who described Ladoja as “my leader and father” urged Oyo State people, particularly his supporters, to vote the former governor again in the 2015 governorship election
Mr. Adeleke asked the people to hold the APC by its words, saying “The APC, when they were ACN, said you should not vote for a party that does not have a senator. Today that Senator Lanlehin is now in Accord, I want to urge you the people of Oyo State not to vote for APC because it is now truly a party that does not have a Senator.”

https://m.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/167348-another-senator-dumps-apc.html?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C6723939870

1 Like

Re: Another Senator Dumps APC by atlwireles: 5:07pm On Aug 27, 2014
They all see the end of APC in 2015 grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

12 Likes

Re: Another Senator Dumps APC by Dreal1247: 5:11pm On Aug 27, 2014
The reality is unfolding on daily basics.

7 Likes

Re: Another Senator Dumps APC by meforyou1(m): 5:16pm On Aug 27, 2014
When exactly are they going to starting enforcing the court ruling that any lawmaker that cross-carpets loses their seat?
Meanwhile, APC, count your genuine members in National Assembly and see if they are still up to 10. Paper tigers claiming majority now has less number of members than APGA

12 Likes

Re: Another Senator Dumps APC by Nobody: 5:16pm On Aug 27, 2014
Bye bye APC! Bye bye to the dying party!

17 Likes

Re: Another Senator Dumps APC by Nobody: 5:36pm On Aug 27, 2014
As far as it is not PDP or apega grin

3 Likes

Re: Another Senator Dumps APC by koboko69: 5:42pm On Aug 27, 2014
Keneking: As far as it is not PDP or apega grin

No mind the mofo. APC dey give am sleepless nights. Even when no be PDP dem defect to....he go dey rejoice like who born twins as first pikin after 30yrs of marriage

8 Likes

Re: Another Senator Dumps APC by idumuose(m): 5:45pm On Aug 27, 2014
This is a serious blow to APC

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Senator Dumps APC by adioolayi(m): 6:08pm On Aug 27, 2014
The two senators left APC because they are eyeing governorship position...Yes it is a huge blow for OYO APC..but for me and my house come 2015 we will vote APC as I am satisfied with their performance so far...yes there will always be room for improvement.

Please anyone can enlighten me on what seenator Lanlehin and Adeseun have don in their constituencies...so why should I bother about their defections

10 Likes

Re: Another Senator Dumps APC by Nobody: 6:15pm On Aug 27, 2014
adioolayi: The two senators left APC because they are eyeing governorship position...Yes it is a huge blow for OYO APC..but for me and my house come 2015 we will vote APC as I am satisfied with their performance so far...yes there will always be room for improvement.

Please anyone can enlighten me on what seenator Lanlehin and Adeseun have don in their constituencies...so why should I bother about their defections
Well written, btw i don't think the governor is doing an outstanding job like ogun or Nasarawa for instance. I may be wrong though. Please shed some light on his achievements.

4 Likes

Re: Another Senator Dumps APC by Nobody: 6:15pm On Aug 27, 2014
Nigeria needs opposition Party, Yes, we do need opposition, but that opposition is not the Muslim Brotherhood.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Another Senator Dumps APC by ElFenomeno1: 6:17pm On Aug 27, 2014
idumuose: This is a serious blow to APC

How?

Two senators who holds no tangible political weight and influence defected and you call that a serious blow?

2 Likes

Re: Another Senator Dumps APC by curiouses: 6:21pm On Aug 27, 2014
More reasons why Ajumobi may never break the jinx of serving Oyo two times.

2 Likes

Re: Another Senator Dumps APC by curiouses: 6:23pm On Aug 27, 2014
Mr. Adeleke asked the people to hold the APC by its words, saying “The APC, when they were ACN, said you should not vote for a party that does not have a senator. Today that Senator Lanlehin is now in Accord, I want to urge you the people of Oyo State not to vote for APC because it is now truly a party that does not have a Senator.”
This is serious.

2 Likes

Re: Another Senator Dumps APC by atlwireles: 6:29pm On Aug 27, 2014
Billyonaire: Nigeria needs opposition Party, Yes, we do need opposition, but that opposition is not the Muslim Brotherhood.

Yes, Nigeria needs an opposition party, the current one is just a platform for hate and anger. They have no agenda besides, we hate Jonathan and power must return to the Northern muslims..

10 Likes

Re: Another Senator Dumps APC by lilprinze: 6:32pm On Aug 27, 2014
APC shall end in 2015 after GEJ defeats their presidential candidate I cannot wait to see the look on APC's face grin

7 Likes

Re: Another Senator Dumps APC by Ahmedie25(m): 6:36pm On Aug 27, 2014
atlwireles:

Yes, Nigeria needs an opposition party, the current one is just a platform for hate and anger. They have no agenda besides, we hate Jonathan and power must return to the Northern muslims..
a fools like u are d reason why Nigeria doesn't grow politically

1 Like

Re: Another Senator Dumps APC by atlwireles: 6:38pm On Aug 27, 2014
Ahmedie25: a fools like u are d reason why Nigeria doesn't grow politically

Almajiris never disappoint. Now, go and die.

9 Likes

Re: Another Senator Dumps APC by braine(m): 6:49pm On Aug 27, 2014
It gets worse before it becomes better.
Re: Another Senator Dumps APC by idumuose(m): 7:01pm On Aug 27, 2014
ElFenomeno1:

How?

Two senators who holds no tangible political weight and influence defected and you call that a serious blow?
Yes,the same way Marwa does not hold tangible political weight and influence,the same way Ribadu does not hold tangible political weight and influence.

The same way Tom Ikimi does not hold tangible political weight and influence.The same way so many Adamawa state house of assembly members who defected to PDP do not hold tangible political weight and influence.

I can see you are encouraging yourself and when you are facing the stark reality that you have no anchor for your hope.APC is dying gradually.

18 Likes

Re: Another Senator Dumps APC by Nobody: 8:11pm On Aug 27, 2014
Mr. Ladoja, a former governor of the state said the former APC senator was free to contest any elective position under the party except the governorship which was reserved for him (Ladoja).

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Another Senator Dumps APC by adioolayi(m): 9:23pm On Aug 27, 2014
Obiagelli:
Well written, btw i don't think the governor is doing an outstanding job like ogun or Nasarawa for instance. I may be wrong though. Please shed some light on his achievements.
If not for anything City of Ibadan once regarded as a dump is neat with good road network.....City where hooliganism was the order of the day now enjoys peace....the city has attracted new investment such as the recent opening of the biggest Shoprite outlet in west africa to mention but few....I dwell much on what I have witnessed at the state capital because thats where I live..other parts of the state...I can't say

3 Likes

Re: Another Senator Dumps APC by Johnnyessence(m): 9:30pm On Aug 27, 2014
its very funny in politics in this country Cos' politics in Oyo has gone into another dimension,to me ajimobi is trying,to me ajimobi is delivering the dividend of democracy to d people Cos' I can see from d public figure ajimobi is really winning d heart of d people Cos' people are not fulled with empty promise ummmmm people are not fooled with rice and kerosene ajimobi will break d jinx of Oyo theory .ajimobi will win convincely seriously Cos' even people from osun love him.

3 Likes

Re: Another Senator Dumps APC by biafranqueen: 11:02pm On Aug 27, 2014
Billyonaire: Nigeria needs opposition Party, Yes, we do need opposition, but that opposition is not the Muslim Brotherhood.

Not sure if they are part of the Brotherhood or Witches and Wizards Association who else carry broom?

4 Likes

Re: Another Senator Dumps APC by Nobody: 11:30pm On Aug 27, 2014
We shall overcome. #APC
Re: Another Senator Dumps APC by manck: 12:16am On Aug 28, 2014
[size=18pt]why would anyone want to join accord party of all party in nigeria.. any normal person would want to join NCP or labour party..

Nobody will vote for accord party because of their bad performance in the past.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Another Senator Dumps APC by eaglechild: 12:19am On Aug 28, 2014
The wise SWesterners are deserting the sinking APC.

Others should wake up.

5 Likes

Re: Another Senator Dumps APC by Iluvberem: 12:56am On Aug 28, 2014
2015 the final date of APC

Nigerians be vigilant because they gonna put up a fight,they will shed innocent blood out of frustration
Like 2011 be careful.

But God pass them

God will give our military strength to combat them.

Nigeria have said that its GEJ till 2019 and NO
APC or GMB can change it

Hallelujah

3 Likes

Re: Another Senator Dumps APC by brownlord: 2:24am On Aug 28, 2014
manck: [size=18pt]why would anyone want to join accord party of all party in nigeria.. any normal person would want to join NCP or labour party..

Nobody will vote for accord party because of their bad performance in the past.[/size]

Get well soon Musiwa

1 Like

Re: Another Senator Dumps APC by ElFenomeno1: 7:55am On Aug 28, 2014
idumuose:
Yes,the same way Marwa does not hold tangible political weight and influence,the same way Ribadu does not hold tangible political weight and influence.

The same way Tom Ikimi does not hold tangible political weight and influence.The same way so many Adamawa state house of assembly members who defected to PDP do not hold tangible political weight and influence.

I can see you are encouraging yourself and when you are facing the stark reality that you have no anchor for your hope.APC is dying gradually.

What is this one talking about?! Are you insane?!

A senator decamps to join Accord Party all of a sudden APC is dying....

The same shit goes on around in other parties everyday and has been from time immemorial, yet none are dead.. So what are you talking about?!

You will be alive to witness several APC victories.... I mean several and consistent victories in all of the geo-political zones in the country

Fu....cking pillock!
Re: Another Senator Dumps APC by deeobserver209(m): 8:59am On Aug 28, 2014
Why do I have the feeling that Tinubu and Buhari would be the only ones left in 2015?

1 Like

Re: Another Senator Dumps APC by Nobody: 10:51am On Aug 28, 2014
What does e.Bola tinubu and other witches and wizards that carry broom gonna do about this to save their downfall?

(1) (2) (Reply)

16 Real Reasons Why Col. Gaddafi Was Killed / Ikoyi Lagos 7A Vs 7B Owners In Picture / The truth behind Nnamdi Kanu's Unknown Whereabouts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.