Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,157 members, 7,780,118 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:54 AM

Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? (5178 Views)

Is It Good To Slap Or Hit A Wife Who Has Bad Mouth.?? / 4 Good Reasons For A Man To Hit A Woman / Is It Acceptable For A Woman To Keep Male Friends After Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Nobody: 8:53am On Aug 28, 2014
TribalEAST: the man had set a rule that is to unite them which I "we don't beat our children like animals". If she had kept to that, no matter what the children do, that scenario won't have occurred. She never followed his authority

I'm not partial to that myself, but I refrained from speaking on that as I have no idea what their disciplining style usually/actually is in the general day-to-day.
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Tallesty1(m): 8:54am On Aug 28, 2014
cococandy: In self defense. Yes
Dude don't fold your arms and watch yourself get killed in the name 'gentlemanliness'
nah person wey dey alive dey form gentlemangrin
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Tallesty1(m): 8:55am On Aug 28, 2014
TribalEAST: they won't show up, but if it's a man hitting his wife first....omo na their thread be dat. Dem go just put fire for the whole matter by telling the woman to divorce him without questioning to know what might have led the man to such action which might be the woman's repugnant behavior.
They hate men nah, they love to watch men suffer
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Nobody: 8:56am On Aug 28, 2014
beeevan:

Deaf and lowered self esteem indeed undecided ,i still insist that the man has a screw or two loose upstairs if he thinks that destroying her work is a means of communication. The foundation of their marriage is faulty, you don't correct a spouse in the presence of a child, ever.
she slap the kid the first time, he corrected her. She did again, startling all three grown men. He inquired to know why and what was the answer he got? She ignored him like he was talking to the air. Who won't be aggravated. Perhaps she felt the dress was important.
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Nobody: 9:04am On Aug 28, 2014
TribalEAST: so preserving a potential rag is far better than your kids well-being? Don't you know a slap can turn a kid deaf or even lower his self-esteem? Kids will be kids, not animals.

Lemme guess, so as a remedy you propose a slap to turn the wife deaf and/or lower her self esteem?

I'm not getting a good vibe...explain.
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by beeevan: 9:05am On Aug 28, 2014
TribalEAST: she slap the kid the first time, he corrected her. She did again, startling all three grown men. He inquired to know why and what was the answer he got? She ignored him like he was talking to the air. Who won't be aggravated. Perhaps she felt the dress was important.

You don't correct a spouse in the presence of your child, learn that. Asking why in the presence of the three grown men and you think he is right? No offense but you still have a lot to learn in this department, your wife is not your child, you don't go trying to correct or confront her publicly. It's human to get defensive when boxed into a corner,disrespect can only breed contempt. You don't go undermining your spouse's authority publicly because you want to prove that you are the man of the house.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Nobody: 9:06am On Aug 28, 2014
cococandy:
If she didn't hit you first,then you've no business hitting her.
I don't know what you're slyly trying to imply.
what am pointing out to you is that men aren't as animalistic as you and your ilk portray them. When she slapped the kid the first time, he corrected her. She did it again. If he was crazy, he would have slapped her; but he simply asked to know why she did it again and when she ignored his question, he simply descended his anger on the cloth instead of the woman. Now, who was the animal that slapped and has been slapping? Women abuse to
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Nobody: 9:07am On Aug 28, 2014
Tallesty1: You have a good analytical mind. The old man asked him if they were having problems before because their reaction was strange. The man said that he had told her many times to get a shop where she will be doing her work but she refused. So one can see that the problem didn't start that day.

Ah, buildup! Her actions may be inexcusable, but it all makes total sense now.
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Nobody: 9:11am On Aug 28, 2014
beeevan:

You don't correct a spouse in the presence of your child, learn that. Asking why in the presence of the three grown men and you think he is right? No offense but you still have a lot to learn in this department, your wife is not your child, you don't go trying to correct or confront her publicly. It's human to get defensive when boxed into a corner,disrespect can only breed contempt. You don't go undermining your spouse's authority publicly because you want to prove that you are the man of the house.
there might have been several closed door meeting btw the both of them concerning such issue. She slapped the kid...let's say he was wrong to have corrected her the first time. She did it again in the presence of thesame people. What message do you think she was passing across?
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by temi4fash(m): 9:13am On Aug 28, 2014
In dis scenerio there would always be a reason to justify what the woman did. But the truth the man and woman are not on the same page. They have issues in their marriage that been said the woman messed up.
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Nobody: 9:14am On Aug 28, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Lemme guess, so as a remedy you propose a slap to turn the wife deaf and/or lower her self esteem?

I'm not getting a good vibe...explain.
the man did the best thing by descending his anger on the cloth instead of her when she ignored his presence. Do you now think she was right to have slapped someone strong enough to beat the living daylight out of her?
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by beeevan: 9:17am On Aug 28, 2014
TribalEAST: there might have been several closed door meeting btw the both of them concerning such issue. She slapped the kid...let's say he was wrong to have corrected her the first time. She did it again in the presence of thesame people. What message do you think she was passing across?

They don't seem like a couple with closed door meetings and a bad child is usually attributed to the mother. You don't tell a woman not to discipline the kids if she deems it necessary, like I said before, a lot is wrong in this marriage. A wise man would have known the woman is itching for a show down, thus avoiding the confrontation and saving it for later but No! he stood to prove a point, thus disgracing himself and establishing that he is a wimp whose wife has no regards or whatsoever for. As a man, you don't need your muscles or aggression to compel respect from your spouse.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by cococandy(f): 9:20am On Aug 28, 2014
Me and my ilk?
Who said anything about animalistic here or elsewhere for that matter?
And who's ever seen me say women don't abuse too?
In fact I've been on the fore front of the team calling out for men to speak up more if they are abused instead of dying in macho silence.

You need to go sort your mummy issues and stop taking it out on everyone including me.
And you also need to stop quoting me if you're always going to go off point and get mixed up.
It's extremely annoying.
TribalEAST: what am pointing out to you is that men aren't as animalistic as you and your ilk portray them. When she slapped the kid the first time, he corrected her. She did it again. If he was crazy, he would have slapped her; but he simply asked to know why she did it again and when she ignored his question, he simply descended his anger on the cloth instead of the woman. Now, who was the animal that slapped and has been slapping? Women abuse to
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Nobody: 9:22am On Aug 28, 2014
Tallesty1: yea... Neither is hitting your kids like animals the right way to bring them up.

And 2 wrongs don't make a right. I hope your friend has calmed down. I can imagine the confusion in his face when the reality of the slap chartered a taxi and travelled from his cheek to his brain. cheesy cheesy
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by cococandy(f): 9:26am On Aug 28, 2014
True that. And most women who hit men don't mind using whatever weapon they can lay their hands on because they know the man is probably stronger.

Omo for that kind case,no time to dey form gentleman o. A bottle to the head or pestle to the temple can get the dude a VIP pass to the other world.
Tallesty1: nah person wey dey alive dey form gentlemangrin
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by beeevan: 9:27am On Aug 28, 2014
TribalEAST: the man did the best thing by descending his anger on the cloth instead of her when she ignored his presence. Do you now think she was right to have slapped someone strong enough to beat the living daylight out of her?

Slapping her husband was a very bad move mood no doubt.
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by xynerise: 9:29am On Aug 28, 2014
Nobody should hit anybody be it the man or woman. If any of them hit the other, then ''There is love in sharing'' is justified.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by beeevan: 9:30am On Aug 28, 2014
The kids in question knows their parents, so even if their mother gave them a slight nudge they will magnify it to a slap to bring RAMBO to action.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Tallesty1(m): 9:42am On Aug 28, 2014
xynerise: Nobody should hit anybody be it the man or woman. If any of them hit the other, then ''There is love in sharing'' is justified.
The measure you give is the the measure you shall receivegrin
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by snazzylove: 10:00am On Aug 28, 2014
mumumugu: If u realy lov ur patner, u will slap him/her once a while- mumumugu said so

no wan dat kain love oo biko.

Mumu carry your mumu love and your mugu go one corner grin
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by xynerise: 10:04am On Aug 28, 2014
Tallesty1: The measure you give is the the measure you shall receivegrin
Ceterus Paribus grin

4 Likes

Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Nobody: 10:07am On Aug 28, 2014
The family needs to come back to round zero.
The woman beating up the kids.
Man beating up woman in kids presence.

Correcting kids with slaps when you can lock them up in a room to learn some manners .
Slapping the wife when you can talk sense out of her.

The kids are growing and will surely take the path that beating is a way to settle dispute. After all, if mama slap them, they will report to papa. And papa will beat up mama.

Nice!
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by snazzylove: 10:19am On Aug 28, 2014
onirugbon1:

the reality of the slap chartered a taxi and travelled from his cheek to his brain. cheesy cheesy
grin grin grin
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by bukatyne(f): 11:26am On Aug 28, 2014
beeevan: If she hits you first, i don't expect you to stand staring like an Iroko, its called self defense.

Your friend and his wife are special cases, how many sensible men will publicly question their wives disciplinary action. Their issue is deep seated, for the kids to be reporting their mother shows the the family isn't United in any way. Tearing her cloth was a very silly thing to do, they fit themselves.

Exactly!

The father was wrong to question the mother's disciplinary methods in front of the child corrected undecided

@OP: This your story does not do well for your cause because the husband tore the clothes she was sewing after she kept mute

It is wrong to hit a lady except if she hits you first in a non-violent confrontation

1 Like

Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by bukatyne(f): 11:31am On Aug 28, 2014
TribalEAST: @bolded I guess he tore the cloth to show her that the well-being of their children is far important than a cloth that might end up being used as rag by thesame children.

You are joking right?

So the man disrespects wife; teaches the children to disrespect her and somehow by magic he expects her to respect him?

The moment child came to report mummy to daddy, daddy should have told child sorry (since mommy has slapped) and warned him never to go near mommy's cloth again.

I guess if your tailor told you that his/her child stepped on your dress and ruined it, you will smile and say 'it is ok, afterall the child is more important than the clothe'

1 Like

Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by bukatyne(f): 11:33am On Aug 28, 2014
Tallesty1: You have a good analytical mind. The old man asked him if they were having problems before because their reaction was strange. The man said that he had told her many times to get a shop where she will be doing her work but she refused. So one can see that the problem didn't start that day.

Did the husband find out if she had the means to get a shop? And if yes, the reason(s) why she had not gotten one?
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by SAMBARRY: 11:51am On Aug 28, 2014
TribalEAST: abuse is abuse, whether physically or verbally. If you abuse someone verbally, you have no right to determine the kind of abuse you get in return. You should look before you leap. Married couples should stay away from abuse.
if you are the one sewing a particular clothing for days and the owner has come to threaten fire and brimstone and raise all manner of insult on the tailors head and probably you have almost finished the job which you have been paid for then a child comes to ruin it. Won't you transfer the inbuilt anger on the child. If that child was mine I will slap him his head will hit the wall and insult whoever is coming to interfere.

I am putting myself in that tailors shoe so I understand where she is coming from. She knows the owner of the cloth will not take it easy with her and the so called old man won't be there when she's receiving insults however I don't subscribe to violence. And that is the only thing the woman did wrong but I support every form of insult the man received
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Tallesty1(m): 12:00pm On Aug 28, 2014
bukatyne:

Exactly!

The father was wrong to question the mother's disciplinary methods in front of the child corrected undecided

@OP: This your story does not do well for your cause because the husband tore the clothes she was sewing after she kept mute

It is wrong to hit a lady except if she hits you first in a non-violent confrontation
And the woman was right by ignoring his question on why the kid was crying and disobeying him in the presence of his visistors?
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by damiso(f): 12:00pm On Aug 28, 2014
Na wa for the man and woman both of them gats issues..kids are smart so never let kids put you against each other of course he could have warned to desist from beating the kids like animals but definitely not at that point.Later on In the day you tell her off in the privacy of your room.

Woman too so slap was the next thing na wa o undecided

We Nigerians and slaps even nollywood makes slapping people at slightest provocation look normal until people realise you could cop a criminal conviction for assault slapping people will remain with us.

Everybody is just slapping everybody ma fo e leti (I will slap you) is one of the commonest yoruba words lipsrsealed

To your question yep if you are the first aggressor you deserve whatver response you get.
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Tallesty1(m): 12:02pm On Aug 28, 2014
bukatyne:

Did the husband find out if she had the means to get a shop? And if yes, the reason(s) why she had not gotten one?
The "means" will come from her husband. She said she prefer to stay at home. Dunno her reason.
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by bukatyne(f): 12:23pm On Aug 28, 2014
Tallesty1: The "means" will come from her husband. She said she prefer to stay at home. Dunno her reason.

@Bolded, why?

Has her hubby gotten her to open up?

There must be a reason (Fooli.sh or not)

P.S.: Wives that some husbands would grab in a heart beat
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Aug 28, 2014
SAMBARRY: if you are the one sewing a particular clothing for days and the owner has come to threaten fire and brimstone and raise all manner of insult on the tailors head and probably you have almost finished the job which you have been paid for then a child comes to ruin it. Won't you transfer the inbuilt anger on the child. If that child was mine I will slap him his head will hit the wall and insult whoever is coming to interfere.

I am putting myself in that tailors shoe so I understand where she is coming from. She knows the owner of the cloth will not take it easy with her and the so called old man won't be there when she's receiving insults however I don't subscribe to violence. And that is the only thing the woman did wrong but I support every form of insult the man received

And this warranted 2 doses of chloroquine slaps for the small boy in a day? cheesy
Bad way to relate to a son as a mother. Unfortunately she forgot the boy has a father who won't watch him get unnecessarily abused.

Besides why didn't she respond when queried about the second slap...which she landed on the boy just out of anger and pure hatred. Should she kill the boy because she was bothered about her customer's property?

Her action really can't be justified. If you are willing to advise such a woman, tell her she was very wrong. cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Mother Who's Proud To Parade Naked Infront Of Her 13-year-old Son / Do You Say “thank You” To Waiter/waitress When Served In A Restaurant? / Would You Let Your Spouse Change You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.