Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,455 members, 7,801,132 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:18 AM

He Will Be 31 Years Old This Year But He Earnestly Yearns To Serve - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / He Will Be 31 Years Old This Year But He Earnestly Yearns To Serve (2238 Views)

Fake Corper To Serve In Prison / Do You Have To Serve NYSC If You're Coming From Abroad? What Is The Cutoff Age? / NYSC: Is Kaduna A Good Place To Serve? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Will Be 31 Years Old This Year But He Earnestly Yearns To Serve by Ifystar: 8:30pm On Aug 27, 2014
Good day Nairalanders.
My cousin graduated from the university in February this year. But was exempted from service (B14) due to age (he will be 31 soon though he doesn't look it). But the issue is that he really wants to serve but doesn't know how to go about it. He wasn't aware of the NYSC age limitation else, he would have done something about it while still in school. He has written to the DSA of his school but he didn't get a positive answer.

Please house, what can he do about this quagmire of his. What can be done to help him.

NOTE: Please, only useful suggestions are appreciated here.
Re: He Will Be 31 Years Old This Year But He Earnestly Yearns To Serve by Anthony8: 9:18pm On Aug 27, 2014
Let him go to any court close to him and swear for an affidavit of age. There he can reduce his age to any limit
Re: He Will Be 31 Years Old This Year But He Earnestly Yearns To Serve by chibuezecu(m): 9:20pm On Aug 27, 2014
Tell him to contact me on BB: 221925EC
Re: He Will Be 31 Years Old This Year But He Earnestly Yearns To Serve by Ifystar: 8:07am On Aug 28, 2014
Anthony8: Let him go to any court close to him and swear for an affidavit of age. There he can reduce his age to any limit

Thanks @Anthony8.
But his name is already on the exemption list pasted in his school. I thought the affidavit thing is only possible when one hasn't graduated.
And btw, DSA said nothing can be done for him since his name is already on the exemption list.
But I strongly believe there is always a way out.
Re: He Will Be 31 Years Old This Year But He Earnestly Yearns To Serve by Ifystar: 8:12am On Aug 28, 2014
chibuezecu: Tell him to contact me on BB: 221925EC

@Chibuezecu....I thought it will be nice if you proffer a solution on this issue here because someone else might need it.
Re: He Will Be 31 Years Old This Year But He Earnestly Yearns To Serve by yokiti: 10:11am On Aug 28, 2014
One can only participate in NYSC if you graduated before the age of 30; if not, exemption is the way forward.
Some person reduced their age just to serve but the challenge for some people is that the age on their O' level result (WASSCE except the inclusion of age hasnt started before he/ 6) wrote the exam ) cant be altered. You can still serve even when you reach the Senior citizen (60 +) age but the ONLY QUALIFICATION IS : IF YOU WERE BRLOW 30 YEARS OF AGE WHEN YOU GRADUATED FROM COLLEGE i.e University/ polytechnic or some NYSC participatory monotechnics.
Apart from the camp experience, allawee and maybe "making impact" in your PPA, the exemption letter will also perform the roles of NYSC discharge certificate for those who were exempted.
Re: He Will Be 31 Years Old This Year But He Earnestly Yearns To Serve by Ifystar: 1:03pm On Aug 28, 2014
yokiti: Apart from the camp experience, allawee and maybe "making impact" in your PPA, the exemption letter will also perform the roles of NYSC discharge certificate for those who were exempted.

Thanks a lot @ Yokiti...

He was already 30 before graduation. And I think I've seen his o'level certificate; his date of birth is stated on it.
But my fear for him is how to get a job with an exemption certificate seeing that most firms want younger prospects in terms of age.

(1) (Reply)

For All Serving Corp Members, Have Anyone Been Paid March Allawee??? / Abuja School Rejected Corper Posted To It Based On His Faith: Photo / Is Ur Jamb Regularization Approved?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.