Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,758 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:56 PM

17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES (6905 Views)

10 Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses / 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: / Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by kokolet007(f): 1:19pm On Aug 28, 2014
unyours: the purpose of preaching in the christian faith is to draw people to christianity and not to your own doctrines which was carved out my man like every other doctrine. You guys preach with the motive that every christian doctrine is fake whereas yours is the ultimate whereas all are man-made(human understanding). Tell your people to stop converting christians to christians. They should focus on the muslims and those who know nothing about Christ.
U mean all that claim to b christains are truly christlike? Maybe ur own standards is to preach to muslims alone buh God's standards is differnts frm human standpoint
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by kokolet007(f): 1:24pm On Aug 28, 2014
Yooguyz:

The figures and the source of the figures.
How many question do u wnt answer to firstly u want answer to 1919 now source and figures
Yooguyz ur intentions are clear

1 Like

Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by Olusanya333(m): 1:42pm On Aug 28, 2014
kokolet007:
God's will is doing wot he instructed us to do,following his word the bible !
gud.Do you believe the Bible is the Word of God?
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by Nobody: 1:43pm On Aug 28, 2014
kokolet007:
U mean all that claim to b christains are truly christlike? Maybe ur own standards is to preach to muslims alone buh God's standards is differnts frm human standpoint
yeah to preach to unbelievers and not believers
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by Nobody: 1:44pm On Aug 28, 2014
Rich4god: If you havent taken a stand, then you shouldnt have asked him that question...

Explain yourself please. I don't understand you.
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by Olusanya333(m): 1:48pm On Aug 28, 2014
kokolet007:
God's will is doing wot he instructed us to do,following his word the bible !
Do you believe d Bible is God word?
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by Yooguyz: 1:49pm On Aug 28, 2014
kokolet007:
How many question do u wnt answer to firstly u want answer to 1919 now source and figures[b]Yooguyz ur intentions are clear[/b]

I want answers to both of the questions.

Is the boldened an attempt to aviod answering the questions?
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by Yooguyz: 1:50pm On Aug 28, 2014
hifaif:

Alright, bro.

Answered.
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by Nobody: 1:55pm On Aug 28, 2014
Yooguyz:

Answered.

Alright, bro. I wanted to see something new and I saw it. Not the usual old argument.
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by Yooguyz: 2:05pm On Aug 28, 2014
hifaif:

Alright, bro. I wanted to see something new and I saw it. Not the usual old argument.

LOL grin

1 Like

Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by kokolet007(f): 2:20pm On Aug 28, 2014
Yooguyz:

I want answers to both of the questions.

Is the boldened an attempt to aviod answering the questions?
U are popular on this forum to critize JW, so if u think u can start an argument wiv me U are wrong!
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by kokolet007(f): 2:21pm On Aug 28, 2014
Olusanya333: Do you believe d Bible is God word?
Ofcos YES! All our teaching are based on the bible
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by Rich4god(m): 2:25pm On Aug 28, 2014
hifaif:

Explain yourself please. I don't understand you.
Am assuming you are a christian who believed that christ died for us either on the cross or stake... Now if you ask udeme to prove that christ died on the cross then you are of the notion that he died on a stake. Except if my 1st statemen is wrong then you have taking you stand on christ dying on a stake...
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by Nobody: 2:40pm On Aug 28, 2014
Rich4god: Am assuming you are a christian who believed that christ died for us either on the cross or stake... Now if you ask udeme to prove that christ died on the cross then you are of the notion that he died on a stake. Except if my 1st statemen is wrong then you have taking you stand on christ dying on a stake...

I am a freethinker, bro.
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by Yooguyz: 2:47pm On Aug 28, 2014
kokolet007:
U are popular on this forum to critize JW, so if u think u can start an argument wiv me U are wrong!

Oh I see! I very clever excuse to avoid answering my questions. I saw it coming am not suprised.

I guess you've researched the OP and found out that some of your " facts" were misleading and some slightly exaggerated.

And that the 1919 doctrine still being upheld by Jehovah's witnesses is not based on the bible.

If you knew about my popularity in this forum, why did you even bother to respond to my posts?
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by Yooguyz: 2:51pm On Aug 28, 2014
Olusanya333: Do you believe d Bible is God word?

Please help me to ask her about the scriptural basis of Jehovah's witness 1919 doctrine. Thanks
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by Olusanya333(m): 3:11pm On Aug 28, 2014
kokolet007:
Ofcos YES! All our teaching are based on the bible
Can God tell a lie?
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by Nobody: 3:29pm On Aug 28, 2014

3 Likes

Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by Yooguyz: 3:47pm On Aug 28, 2014
ooseven:

You people focus on all the wrong things.

All religions have flaws in their ideology, but if I were to choose one it will be Jehovah's Witness

I'll take this to mean that you agree that the 1919 doctrine has no scriptural basis.

They are the only ones that try to practice what they preach, they are the only ones who take the study of their source document (the bible) seriously; They are the only ones who do not shy away from preaching about the hard part of Christianity; They are the only ones who do not focus on the financial aspect of church; No forced tithe or offerings; Their publications are essentially free.

What makes you think Catholics, baptists and pentecostals and other denominations don't do they above?

I had the good fortune of meeting one of them on the train, and accepted her offer to study the bible with me. Though I was able to identify parts of their beliefs that put me off, I must say she was one of the sweetest persons I ever met (she was about 80).

All the witnesses i have ever known have been nice and straightforward people and that is what I expect from people who believe in an omnipotent God, not these fake, prosperity preaching, tithe hustling, congregation dumbing, bible neglecting, selfish criminal nincompoops masquerading as new age pentescostal pastors.

Its ironic when you point the flaws in your religion as "mistakes" while pointing out the flaws from other groups as hypocrisy.

I have proof that the watchtower is equally guilty of the insults you just rained on pentecostal churches.

Its self righteos posts like this that motivates me to very critical of the watchtower.

can take the insults you just rained on Pentecostals to mean that "you are looking at the wrong things"?
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by Emusan(m): 3:51pm On Aug 28, 2014
kokolet007: 3. We keep coming to your doors even though we have regular jobs and family like you because we are admonished to do so by Jesus Christ.

I'm only interested in this no.3 by asking this question.

@underlined part; if Jesus Christ is the one given you people command to do so, why your organization was called JEHOVAH witness and not JESUS Christ witness?

Please back up your reply with scripture(s).
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by BERNIMOORE: 4:03pm On Aug 28, 2014
Yooguyz:

Oh I see! I very clever excuse to avoid answering my questions. I saw it coming am not suprised.

I guess you've researched the OP and found out that some of your " facts" were misleading and some slightly exaggerated.

And that the 1919 doctrine still being upheld by Jehovah's witnesses is not based on the bible.

If you knew about my popularity in this forum, why did you even bother to respond to my posts?

wow, its been long that i visited the NL, but im only passing by and reading your post and i wonder the kind of hypocrite you are, and what you are doing on the religion section when you are an atheist and every christian is gullible in your own convinction as you confirm it by your own post in the next link (bolded) https://www.nairaland.com/1253965/implication-tithing#15197331
Re: Implication Of Tithing by Yooguyz(m): 10:47pm On Apr 11, 2013
good evening op,
i have never paid tithe in my life and i don't intend on paying tithe but let those who do keep doing it, *in my mind* #deluded bunch of tithe paying folks# I am a Caktholic christian but i dont believe in God, in fact religion is the opium of the masses.
YOU can ATTACK me cos am used to attacks infact i'll welcome one so far it's sincere #but if i troll you with multiple id's eh?#
funny thing about me i don't even believe in the bible am quoting it's for gullible people
you know yourself
if you like tell mods to help you remove the post but i hav a screenshot

funny enough your father is a priest, and if i am correct you are an ORDAINED priest, and you have travelled with missionaries on evangelism

i am posting this so that everybody will see the true picture of who they are dealing with, i m not a jehovahs witness but i have them as friends and before delving into the topic here, what do you gain in trying to distort christianity, today you support penticostals tommorrow you support so called gay christians, you incite others against jehovahs witnesses but in your mind you are calling those who think you champion their course 'mumu',

if i lied pls tell the whole forum now so that i provide further proof!

2 Likes

Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by Yooguyz: 4:15pm On Aug 28, 2014
BERNIMOORE:

wow, its been long that i visited the NL, but im only passing by and reading your post and i wonder the kind of hypocrite you are, and what you are doing on the religion section when you are an atheist and every christian is gullible in your own convinction as you confirm it by your own post in the next link (bolded) https://www.nairaland.com/1253965/implication-tithing#15197331 if you like tell mods to help you remove the post but i hav a screenshot

funny enough your father is a priest, and if i am correct you are an ORDAINED priest, and you have travelled with missionaries on evangelism

i am posting this so that everybody will see the true picture of who they are dealing with, i m not a jehovahs witness but i have them as friends and before delving into the topic here, what do you gain in trying to distort christianity, today you support penticostals tommorrow you support so called gay christians, you incite others against jehovahs witnesses but in your mind you are calling those who think you champion their course 'mumu',

if i lied pls tell the whole forum now so that i provide further proof!

Long time! What happened to you bro? smiley

I missed your insults, lies against me, and bullying grin

You are a true Jehovah's witness. grin
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by BERNIMOORE: 4:22pm On Aug 28, 2014
Yooguyz:

Long time! What happened to you bro? smiley

I missed your insults, lies against me and bullying grin
kidly identify a single lie here, i have provided a link which you have not denied where in your own volition wrote that;

1, you are a Caktholic christian but dont believe in God, and religion is the opium of the masses.

2, you don't even believe in the bible,that it's for gullible people
https://www.nairaland.com/1253965/implication-tithing#15197331

tell me which was a lie! now
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by BERNIMOORE: 4:28pm On Aug 28, 2014
Yooguyz, you think you are wise in your own mind using christian sentiments of parties in arguments to prove a point to yourself and in your mind you call those who hail you 'fools' why dont you just declare yourself as either Agnostic or Atheist i think it will be honest to do that!

1 Like

Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by Nobody: 4:29pm On Aug 28, 2014

2 Likes

Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by Yooguyz: 4:48pm On Aug 28, 2014
ooseven:

You failed when you assumed I was a witness.

People now look up to you to attack a particular religious group and you duly obliged even though your record shows a frightening lack of basic understanding and comprehension.

Ok! I would take the bolded as an insult from a Jehovah's witness claiming not to be a jehovah's witness in order to draw attention to his post.

I will break down my original statement to assist you.

1. I believe all relgious ideologies have flaws

2. I like Jehovah's Witnesses even though I find some of their beliefs disagreeable

3. I don't like fraudulent pentescostal pastors

4. All the Jehova witnesses I have ever known turned out to be nice people, therefore JW probably breeds nice people

Number 2 is only where need clarification, thanks for clarifying that. smiley

I veeeeery much agree with you on number 4 though. The few witnesses I've met on nairaland have been "extremely nice" to me. grin
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by Nobody: 5:05pm On Aug 28, 2014

1 Like

Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by Yooguyz: 6:02pm On Aug 28, 2014
ooseven:

So if they are nice people, why do you bother them. If they preach to you and you politely decline, why is there a need to antagonize them.

I don't have anything against witness, I have a problem with the hypocrisy of watchtower leaders as much as you have problem with pentecostal pastors.

I open my threads out of pity for the average gullible witness, to expose some watchtower theology for what it truelly is.

You should be grateful to me for my eye-opening exposes.

If not for my threads people like Charism would still be deluded.

They are decent people who do not cause harm to anyone and live their lives in a simple way.

The ideologies you should be against are those that breed violent, fraudulent and criminal people, not JW.
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by Nobody: 6:31pm On Aug 28, 2014
kokolete007: maybe he's the fire keeper
u dont believe in hell.
Rich4god: lol... You guessed right my dear sis...
u believe in hell.

U see how confusing this can be that even u rich4god u dont agree with the JW sect, they bash u for worshipping a statue while u in turn bash them for not believing in hell fire nor the trinity... Lol how satan can really wreck the body of Christ. ₹wondering₹
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by Nobody: 6:37pm On Aug 28, 2014
Yooguyz:

Allow me to answer, I'll be back.

Am back.Jesus was crucified with two nails, one in each hand, not a single nail through the wrist. That separate nails were in each hand is made clear by the use of the word 'nails' not 'nail'. This suggests that Jesus had his arms separated on a cross, not together on a stake as represented in Watchtower publications.

Matthew 27:37 also supports the idea of a cross rather than a stake when it says;

"Above his head they had put the charge against him in writing: 'THIS IS JESUS, KING OF THE JEWS' ". How can something be put above his head, if his hands were nailed vertically as depicted by the watchtower.

"unless I see in his hands the print of the nails and stick my finger into the print of the nails and stick my hand into his side, I will certainly not believe".
John 20:25

Compare this two pix below, which one accurately fits into bible description?
perfect perfect perfect.. U have been endowed with spiritual wisdom form God.. Continue with it and God bless u bro. No mind those deceivers

2 Likes

Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by kokolet007(f): 7:21pm On Aug 28, 2014
Emusan:

I'm only interested in this no.3 by asking this question.

@underlined part; if Jesus Christ is the one given you people command to do so, why your organization was called JEHOVAH witness and not JESUS Christ witness?

Please back up your reply with scripture(s).
A very interesting point u have bought up, plz kindly check john 5vs 43,john 17vs6.....jesus set the example we should all imitate,that's y he told his disciple he didn't come to do his will buh of his father and also check john 17vs 3 to see how important and jesus is.
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by kokolet007(f): 7:36pm On Aug 28, 2014
BERNIMOORE: kidly identify a single lie here, i have provided a link which you have not denied where in your own volition wrote that;

1, you are a Caktholic christian but dont believe in God, and religion is the opium of the masses.

2, you don't even believe in the bible,that it's for gullible people
https://www.nairaland.com/1253965/implication-tithing#15197331

tell me which was a lie! now

Wow! U are such a eye opener! A son of a priest turn to atheist! =))º°˚˚˚°ºнaĦaнaº°˚˚˚°º‎​=)) I quess he's the black sh**p of his mass
May jehovah redeem ur soul!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Did Jesus For Our Sin? Which Sin? (no, Bring Your Proof If You R Truthful) / Why I Want To Quit Catholicism / The Difference Between Christmas Eve & Watch Night?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.