Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:17 AM

Do You Want Be To An Offshore Oil Rig Worker? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Do You Want Be To An Offshore Oil Rig Worker? (4276 Views)

Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here / Entry-level Salary For A Rig Worker(roustabout) / Oil Rig Worker Career Details (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Want Be To An Offshore Oil Rig Worker? by coker89(m): 1:58am On Aug 28, 2014
Anyone who is considering getting a job on an offshore oil rig is most likely searching the internet for information regarding the offshore drilling rig companies.
The offshore drilling rig companies are always in the business of locating new oil and gas resources which lie at the bottom of the ocean.
Anyone who is looking for a job in an offshore oil rig is going to have to know how to find the offshore drilling rig companies that are hiring.
But when people talk about offshore drilling rig companies most people tend to think about the common companies such as Exxon-Mobil, Shell and BP etc.
What you didn’t know is that these big boys companies don’t have vacancies for entry level positions because they always outsource their drilling jobs to smaller offshore drilling contractors to drill for them.
However there are several offshore drilling contractors that are willing to let you work for them, if ONLY you know how to contact them.
So if you know that you want to work on an offshore oil rig platform and are searching for offshore drilling companies’ employment opportunities.
You must definitely take the time to get the key to unlock the secret of this hidden job sector.
So if you think offshore oil exploration might be a career that interests you and you need help to get started.
Re: Do You Want Be To An Offshore Oil Rig Worker? by jbadmus: 4:05am On Aug 28, 2014
Nice post,@Coker89.So,how does one get to know and apply to these drilling contracting firms? Do you know any thing about IDPE in Nigeria? How genuine and acceptable are there drilling courses?
Re: Do You Want Be To An Offshore Oil Rig Worker? by Nobody: 7:12am On Aug 28, 2014
coker89: Anyone who is considering getting a job on an offshore oil rig is most likely searching the internet for information regarding the offshore drilling rig companies.
The offshore drilling rig companies are always in the business of locating new oil and gas resources which lie at the bottom of the ocean.
Anyone who is looking for a job in an offshore oil rig is going to have to know how to find the offshore drilling rig companies that are hiring.
But when people talk about offshore drilling rig companies most people tend to think about the common companies such as Exxon-Mobil, Shell and BP etc.
What you didn’t know is that these big boys companies don’t have vacancies for entry level positions because they always outsource their drilling jobs to smaller offshore drilling contractors to drill for them.
However there are several offshore drilling contractors that are willing to let you work for them, if ONLY you know how to contact them.
So if you know that you want to work on an offshore oil rig platform and are searching for offshore drilling companies’ employment opportunities.
You must definitely take the time to get the key to unlock the secret of this hidden job sector.
So if you think offshore oil exploration might be a career that interests you and you need help to get started.
If theres anybody that needs help, its me sad
Re: Do You Want Be To An Offshore Oil Rig Worker? by Linzo(m): 6:06pm On Aug 28, 2014
OP thank you for the info, am still following as you unfold the secret of get a offshore rig job, thank you
Re: Do You Want Be To An Offshore Oil Rig Worker? by coker89(m): 4:37am On Aug 29, 2014
Doing courses in our safety schools will be of benefit but in my opinion it will be better if you call the people running the course and find out if they have contacts who take on their students as employees after the course. However I think that is unlikely, I am pretty sure you will be on your own again after the course with no guarantee of a job.
All that should be enough.
Hope that helps, let me know if you need anything else.
Re: Do You Want Be To An Offshore Oil Rig Worker? by moorfyn: 12:21am On Oct 14, 2016
how do i contact the training schools

(1) (Reply)

LAMATA Promise Speedy Resolution On Worker's Strike / Can I Convert My HND To B.sc? / How Much Money Must You Make Before Returning To Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.