Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,863 members, 7,806,453 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:45 PM

River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt (26318 Views)

FG Confirms 10th Ebola Case In Lagos / Treating America's First Ebola Patients / Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by Siddye(m): 10:09am On Aug 28, 2014
DONMAYOR19: http://saharareporters.com/2014/08/27/breaking-nigeria-records-new-ebola-death-port-harcourt

Edit.....

After how many years in nairaland, my topic finally fly go front page, God Almighty will bless the mod that push it to front page, heaven is ur reward grin...make I go church go give thanksgiving fast fast..no work today, come and join me in celebrating ogrin
.I see Ur a learner
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by segend(m): 10:09am On Aug 28, 2014
The minister of health hass confirmed it. Now 6 confirmed death in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by fajani(m): 10:11am On Aug 28, 2014
Leopantro:

it's not that the diplomat had EBOLA written on his forehead. A rich man calls you on the phone saying that he is sick and ready to pay ANY PRICE you name for you to treat him but you must treat him at his house or hotel. the doctor asks " have you travelled recently" the reply " No". have you come in contact with anyone with suspected ebola "No, stop insulting me by asking such questions and do your job. after all, I'm paying you". considering that tests to confirm ebola is only done in lagos or Edo state, you can't say " wait, let me send these samples to those states while you stay untreated".

my only fear is the number of persons that visited the diplomat and the doctor at home to see the baby as well as the hotel staff that catered to the diplomat.

imagine the above conversation in a government hospital now that the strike has been called off.

as a matter of fact.... doctor has to be safety conscious irrespective of the money bids, the doctor has to carry out a necessary test before proceeding in treating the diplomat and beside, he ought to be wise like a serpent, someone talking to me with that kind of manner already arouse my suspicious in the first place..... even people who are not medical practitioner know the symptoms of this EVD. HABA.
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by DONMAYOR19(m): 10:12am On Aug 28, 2014
Siddye: .I see Ur a learner
I see u are a master.
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by omoredia: 10:12am On Aug 28, 2014
get one now! %^&*

Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by Xsenga(f): 10:13am On Aug 28, 2014
ICEBERYLIN, EBOLA HAVE REACH YA STATE OO. PLS PLS & PLS, DON'T CALL ME AGAIN. THANKS. shocked
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by fajani(m): 10:13am On Aug 28, 2014
Leopantro:

it's not that the diplomat had EBOLA written on his forehead. A rich man calls you on the phone saying that he is sick and ready to pay ANY PRICE you name for you to treat him but you must treat him at his house or hotel. the doctor asks " have you travelled recently" the reply " No". have you come in contact with anyone with suspected ebola "No, stop insulting me by asking such questions and do your job. after all, I'm paying you". considering that tests to confirm ebola is only done in lagos or Edo state, you can't say " wait, let me send these samples to those states while you stay untreated".

my only fear is the number of persons that visited the diplomat and the doctor at home to see the baby as well as the hotel staff that catered to the diplomat.

imagine the above conversation in a government hospital now that the strike has been called off.
Leopantro:

as a matter of fact.... doctor has to be safety conscious irrespective of the money bids, the doctor has to carry out a necessary test before proceeding in treating the diplomat and beside, he ought to be wise like a serpent, someone talking to me with that kind of manner already arouse my suspicious in the first place..... even people who are not medical practitioner know the symptoms of this EVD. HABA.
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by nora544: 10:16am On Aug 28, 2014
fajani:

Sorry not all what looks like is Ebola it could be also an other fever!

I have fear that this man was before at the RCCG camp that he hope for healing from this MOG.

1 Like

Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by elohorayodele: 10:16am On Aug 28, 2014
Vanguard newspaper just confirmed that its really a case of ebola!
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by Chibokgame: 10:19am On Aug 28, 2014
And yet someONE is telling us that the 1.9million Or abi Billion was hearmark for Vehicles .
Just a simple way of looting .

Btw, the doctor who migrated from his private hospital to offer private treatment in a hotel ,what a level of education & professionalism !

Or was it a case of a male and female colleagues ?

So many questions i need to ask .
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by agamenon(m): 10:32am On Aug 28, 2014
Why should a medical doctor who no the magnamity of EVD chose a hotel for such treatment,why not his hospital ,too bad.
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by BankoleNco: 10:33am On Aug 28, 2014
[size=18pt]Why the heck haven't we reached out Japan for favipiravir I hear it has been scientifically proven to cure ebola even at an advanced stage. . . What d heck is the government doing?! Wahala dey oh![/size]

2 Likes

Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by waxdude: 10:33am On Aug 28, 2014
Truckpusher: What's not possible? grin

At least girls will disappear from casablanca and GRA axis for sometimes grin

Can't just drive around without some mean looking girls trying to flag you down cheesy

Lmao...,ebola...plz not in ma city biko grin
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by Emekamex(m): 10:33am On Aug 28, 2014
My greatest fear is that the 70 people under surveillance might not even be close to the actual number of secondary contacts. I feel so bad for the baby of the doctor, he/she was brought into the world to die from a miserable disease.

1 Like

Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by BankoleNco: 10:35am On Aug 28, 2014
Emekamex: My greatest fear is that the 70 people under surveillance might not even be close to the actual number of secondary contacts. I feel so bad for the baby of the doctor, he/she was brought into the world to die from a miserable disease.

Pretty much sums up this situation.

1 Like

Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by pigin: 10:44am On Aug 28, 2014
(pdp) TAN awareness this Saturday in Rivers state n (Apc) Ebola surfaced on Wednesday in same Rivers state. A kind of relief,.. with one bottle of Hero.
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by nora544: 10:45am On Aug 28, 2014
BankoleNco: [size=18pt]Why the heck haven't we reached out Japan for favipiravir I hear it has been scientifically proven to cure ebola even at an advanced stage. . . What d heck is the government doing?! Wahala dey oh![/size]

Sorrry that is not right. This drug was tested in Germany on mouse and not on human. The test on mouse show that it could work. let us see what germany is doing because they just take one doctor from siera leone for treatment. He is in hamburg and there is one of the best institutes, and they search for Ebola.

This drug is a drug for flu in Japan and the people in japan can take it for flu.

2 Likes

Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by KOMBE: 10:46am On Aug 28, 2014
Firefire:

Their baptismal name LIE grin
believe this story and you can believe anything

1 Like

Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by Forwetinnah: 10:46am On Aug 28, 2014
omenka: Sh*t is still out there yet the government had already hit the streets in celebratory mood beating their chest, and in their usual manner, lying to nigerians that the situation has been contained. Then in the height of the euphoria, an indescribably daft minister decleared that monies meant for the ccontainment of the scourge would now be used to purchase fleets of cars (not even ambulances) and other assortments that would in no way help in curbing the spread of the disease!!

And why hasn't Marilyn Ogar asked why these are happening in opposition states and suggest the rulling party is trying to taint the image of the opposition

How many opposition states..Lagos and PH, what about the pdp states with reported cases?
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by booblacain(m): 10:48am On Aug 28, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

Nope, Sahara lieporters!

O!
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by preacherz: 10:55am On Aug 28, 2014
Clear case of people not Govmt being their own biggest enemy......itz easy to blame FG by d jobless among us!! what a heartless nation........dat doctor wuld av excelled if he had joined boko haram instead!
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by Goddyj(m): 10:55am On Aug 28, 2014
I'm so sorry to announce to you people that the investigation has been finished and it has been proven that the patient actually died of Ebola. It's now time for portharcourt people to be very careful about their lifestyle and to do everything possible to curtail the further spread of the disease.

2 Likes

Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by fajani(m): 11:00am On Aug 28, 2014
nora544:

Sorry not all what looks like is Ebola it could be also an other fever!

I have fear that this man was before at the RCCG camp that he hope for healing from this MOG.
the truth is, he was not contagious then...
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by phreakabit(m): 11:01am On Aug 28, 2014
nora544:

Sorrry that is not right. This drug was tested in Germany on mouse and not on human. The test on mouse show that it could work. let us see what germany is doing because they just take one doctor from siera leone for treatment. He is in hamburg and there is one of the best institutes, and they search for Ebola.

This drug is a drug for flu in Japan and the people in japan can take it for flu.

Was tested on Ebola infected mouse and they survived, It has also been shown to be effective against other haemorrhagic diseases. Most drugs that work on mouse and pigs( same anatomy as humans) and guinea pigs work on humans too. Effects and dosage might differ but results are almost identical.
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by nora544: 11:05am On Aug 28, 2014
phreakabit:

Was tested on Ebola effected rats and they survived, It has also been shown to be effective against other haemorrhagic diseases.

It was mouse because we work with mouse in Europa i know this!

What i know also that when scientist work with this genmouse they see only that it could work!

A drug that work on a mouse not always work on human!
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by phreakabit(m): 11:12am On Aug 28, 2014
nora544:

It was mouse because we work with mouse in Europa i know this!

What i know also that when scientist work with this genmouse they see only that it could work!

A drug that work on a mouse not always work on human!

Sorry corrected that and edited post. BTW might interest you to know that they said it actually worked against other haemorrhagic diseases.

2 Likes

Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by shinysmrt: 11:31am On Aug 28, 2014
But these Liberians na wa o!
What is the difference btw dem and suicide bombers?
A suicide bomber straps bomb on his body, travels 2 a location n and bombs somewhere, now these Liberians just carried ebola and started flyin 2 diff locations in Naija. I smell an agenda here and d Americans in collabo wit Liberians hav a hand in it.
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by Nobody: 11:35am On Aug 28, 2014
preacherz: Clear case of people not Govmt being their own biggest enemy......itz easy to blame FG by d jobless among us!! what a heartless nation........dat doctor wuld av excelled if he had joined boko haram instead!

An astute observation.

The individual Nigerian is far worse than the government.

1 Like

Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by donbenie(m): 11:39am On Aug 28, 2014
Saharareporters are the worst kind of junk journalists I have ever encountered,the GUTTER SNIPE kind,they are not done until they give any news they lay their hands on the worst possible twist..a doctor treated a patient and ends up infected by a yet to be determined illness as reported by every other news outlet,but no they must add their own twist by insinuating the said doctor secretly treated the patient..pray how does any SANE doctor secretly treats a suspected Ebola patient?
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by omenka(m): 11:39am On Aug 28, 2014
Forwetinnah:

How many opposition states..Lagos and PH, what about the pdp states with reported cases?
Which pdp states if I may ask?
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by nora544: 11:45am On Aug 28, 2014
donbenie: Saharareporters are the worst kind of junk journalists I have ever encountered,the GUTTER SNIPE kind,they are not done until they give any news they lay their hands on the worst possible twist..a doctor treated a patient and ends up infected by a yet to be determined illness as reported by every other news outlet,but no they must add their own twist by insinuating the said doctor secretly treated the patient..pray how does any SANE doctor secretly treats a suspected Ebola patient?

I know when it comes to money nigerians forget all!

We didnot know how much this doctor got from this man!
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by phreakabit(m): 11:51am On Aug 28, 2014
omenka: Which pdp states if I may ask?

So its about PDP and APC States now? Good gracious!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Doctors’ Strike Cripples Hospitals Nationwide / 3-Year-Old Girl Falls Into Pan Of Boiling Oil In Maiduguri, Suffers Burns (Pics) / How Mango, Banana, Plantain Cause Terminal Illnesses – Investigation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.