Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,136 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:54 AM

Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. (13406 Views)

Nollywood Stars Pay Tributes To Bunor / Uche Jombo, Mike Ezuruonye & Others Pour In Tributes For Muna Obiekwe / Photos From A Night Of Tribute For Dora Akunyili (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by Dlionsheart: 11:08am On Aug 28, 2014
Nelson Mandela was the first African leader whose death caused me pains and tears; Prof. Dora, Nkem Akunyili is the second great African leader, first in West Africa and first in Nigeria whose news of death broke my heart with pains, tears and deep sense of un-repairable loss.

I pray that the Almighty God grants your family the fortitude to bear the loss

I WILL FOR EVER MISS YOUR
Innovativeness and patriotism,
Commitment and dedication,
Courage and determination,
Bold and fearlessness,
Charm and charisma,
Godly virtues,
Doggedness,
honesty.

You have fought a good fight, you have finished your course, you have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for you a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give you at that day: and not to you only, but unto all them also that love his appearing. 2 Timothy 4:7 - 8

The thieves are still very much around with portfolios, but you've gone in peace. Though cancer had destroyed your body, your soul cannot be destroyed.

Goodnight, mummy Dora!!!

3 Likes

Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by SmellOfSecondMonkey(f): 11:08am On Aug 28, 2014
MAKE UNA CONCENTRATE ON EBOLA JAREE MANY NIGERIANS DIE DAILY AND WE NO HEAR NOISE. MTCHEEEW undecided undecided

Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by YoungDaNaval(m): 11:09am On Aug 28, 2014
Much Respect To Our Dear Madam Dora Akunyinli. A Woman Of Virtue. A Woman Of Truth. She's The Cross-breed Of Honesty And Sincerity. An Epitone Of Love 4 Our Dear Nation. A Woman With Foresight And Great Potentials. The Nigerian Version Of Nelson Madela.

R.I.P MA'AM! YOUR LEGACY LIVES ON......
Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by Nobody: 11:16am On Aug 28, 2014
Lero15: and u are sure ur not a poet...(yet)
yeah, atleast not yet smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by nagoma(m): 11:21am On Aug 28, 2014
A charming woman, caring and generous.
An abled navigator , cheerful and humorous
Had good judgment for individual and public mood(most of the times).
A master of Human psychology
Had never put others far behind
We will miss you Madam.
Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by jamace(m): 11:23am On Aug 28, 2014
Thank God for your life, Dora. Though your time on earth was short, your good works will not only continue to reverberate on the Nigeria scene but on the world at large. Patriotic Nigerians miss you dearly.

Rest in peace, my dear amazon. cry cry
Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by jamace(m): 11:30am On Aug 28, 2014
irunobo2: MAKE UNA CONCENTRATE ON EBOLA JAREE MANY NIGERIANS DIE DAILY AND WE NO HEAR NOISE. MTCHEEEW undecided undecided
You are an irresponsible and valueless lady. The world is mourning a great leader and here you are joking. I pity your life. angry

3 Likes

Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by decasey(m): 11:38am On Aug 28, 2014
Rest in peace SUPER WOMAN.
Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by And9: 11:46am On Aug 28, 2014
Brave heart... RIP Ma'm.
Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by farem: 11:48am On Aug 28, 2014
I attest to the fact that Aunty Dora is the single most important female politician in tthe present disposition (1999 to date).
Forthright
Outspoken
Honest
Positively masculine
OUR AMAZON!

1 Like

Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by MailSA: 11:51am On Aug 28, 2014
She was a patroitic Icon

1 Like

Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by ibangs(m): 11:54am On Aug 28, 2014
One of the greatest woman Nigerian has ever had. Brave, courageous, audacious and innovative in driving the nation forward to a greater height regardless of the odds. We all miss you. Adieu ma!!!

1 Like

Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by Ninapha(f): 11:58am On Aug 28, 2014
The first thing that endeared u to me was ur nigerianess.
Ur 'abada styles and dat white bead!
Then i got to know ur educational exploits, wow!
Vaam, u became the Nafdac boss, we in Onitsha understand what u did more.
Above all, u were one woman, her position and influence was seperated from her family affairs. I hv seen ur children, homely and unassuming.

On integrity, even the 'oyinbomen' agreed u were good, how patriotic u were to return what was for the nation. Thank u Aunty Dora.

How else can i define the 'woman' in u. U became my role model though i did not like when u ventured into politics cos i was afraid 'they might lure u into denting ur CV.

Here we are today telln of what u meant to us, to me, u were my role model, a woman of valor, a nigerian of Nigeria and a goal target to meet in my career.

Go well Adaejijemba, acharaugo Nwanyi, nbuzoegwu ndi inyom .

2 Likes

Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by uzoexcel(m): 12:07pm On Aug 28, 2014
r.i .p great woman!!!!
Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by uzoexcel(m): 12:15pm On Aug 28, 2014
behave ur age!!!!!concentrate on ur post ume!!!!!!!!
Evathyst: All protocols duly observed; RIP to d dead o!

Jesus! Is me be ds?

First page ds kind early morning! I'm sure it's a sign of better tinz dt r still to come. Lemme quickly check my bank account, I sure sey magas dem go don pay.

#Singing Kelly Handsome's maga don pay# cheesy
Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by vickiechi: 12:28pm On Aug 28, 2014
Dlionsheart: Nelson Mandela was the first African leader whose death caused me pains and tears; Prof. Dora, Nkem Akunyili is the second great African leader, first in West Africa and first in Nigeria whose news of death broke my heart with pains, tears and deep sense of un-repairable loss.
I pray that the Almighty God grants your family the fortitude to bear the loss
I WILL FOR EVER MISS YOUR
Innovativeness and patriotism,
Commitment and dedication,
Courage and determination,
Bold and fearlessness,
Charm and charisma,
Godly virtues,
Doggedness,
honesty.
You have fought a good fight, you have finished your course, you have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for you a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give you at that day: and not to you only, but unto all them also that love his appearing. 2 Timothy 4:7 - 8
The thieves are still very much around with portfolios, but you've gone in peace. Though cancer had destroyed your body, your soul cannot be destroyed.
Goodnight, mummy Dora!!!
Thank you so much. Very well said!
Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by sapientia(m): 12:29pm On Aug 28, 2014
irunobo2: MAKE UNA CONCENTRATE ON EBOLA JAREE MANY NIGERIANS DIE DAILY AND WE NO HEAR NOISE. MTCHEEEW undecided undecided

This your post is one of the reasons NLanders are asking for dislike buttoon. Didnt you see the Ebola thread?.. Why did you click on this one to post trash?.. Try and be an achiever like her, maybe when you die, you will get a thread like this.

4 Likes

Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by agwayamshi: 12:30pm On Aug 28, 2014
rip Dora
Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by SITS: 12:37pm On Aug 28, 2014
Good night, Prof Dora Akunyili. You touched countless lives in many ways. Indeed, your noble works follow you to your rest.
Sleep on until that glorious dawn when all of God's children shall part no more. May your legacies inspire many generations to come. Adieu, great patriot!
Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by karkel(m): 12:38pm On Aug 28, 2014
DE GREAT MORING STAR HAVEN A NEW IS BORN..............................................SLEEP WELL MAMA RIP
Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by F117A: 12:39pm On Aug 28, 2014
rattlesnake: Rip(Rest in peace)
RAA(Return as an American instead of Anambra ) cry
lol
And who told you america would be the world power in the next world?
Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by PastorAji(m): 12:40pm On Aug 28, 2014
IF SHE WAS MADE MINISTER OF HEALTH.......THAT CANCER WOULDN'T HAVE KILLED HER embarassed embarassed embarassed cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by vicadex07(m): 12:40pm On Aug 28, 2014
You were the best ever. You never let Nigerians down throughout your whole stay in office. You are gone now, but your legacy lives on. Sleep on mama Dora
Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by whitecat007: 12:41pm On Aug 28, 2014
She fought hard to avenge the death of her sister who was killed by a fake drug and Nigerians felt it. When something becomes that personal, the heart gets involved. RIP brave woman!
Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by zubby29(m): 12:49pm On Aug 28, 2014
GREAT WOMAN.SHE CAME,SAW AND CONQUERED
Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by Solariz: 12:55pm On Aug 28, 2014
How to Steal Ballot Box During Election....these idiots will kill you with laughter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByijP-S_PO8&list=PLKN4yOey5kqN7fPjgtpwsalKKZSKOwvS0
Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by nkkystel(f): 1:13pm On Aug 28, 2014
Rest in Perfect Peace Ma! You'll be greatly missed.
Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by Obec70(m): 1:16pm On Aug 28, 2014
AN ICON, COURAGEOUS, STRONG , FIRM & VIBRANT CIVIL SERVANT! A woman that cannot be BOTTLED-UP you will always be remembered. Adieu

Prof, "Dora Akunyili" as your name implies so you lived.
Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by soludo93(m): 1:27pm On Aug 28, 2014
The impact of Prof Dora is ageless. it's unfortunate she's gone but her memory will stand as a model to many in many years to come.
Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by Nobody: 1:31pm On Aug 28, 2014
For all your Good works,your proactive measures towards making Nigeria a better place, Ma; #WeWillRemember...#RIP
Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by Edusouls(m): 1:54pm On Aug 28, 2014
rest in peace my fellow nigerian, many people should learn from this woman, a life of at least some traces of honesty, selfless service, an individual that at least has love for fellow humans, the world is no better place, she has gone to a much better place for rest, peace and tranquility...
Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by Jesuspistol(m): 1:55pm On Aug 28, 2014
What I like most in her that she mentors me about is her leadership and ambitions as well as keeping a good home in spite of career ambitions as a woman. I love leaders, especially d good ones.

However her death as thought me that "service to God through humans" is the only thing worth living for and not direct "service to humanity". Cuz the judgment she's facing up there is centered around what God has sent her here for and not who she tried to please in d name of being an active leader

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

If Women Are Supporting Women, There Won’t Be An Epidemic Of Sidechicks - Joro / '‘you Shall Not Bear Fruits ”- Ngozi Ezeonu’s Husband curses daughter / Stardom Has Robbed Me Of Many Things –waje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.