Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,866 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:11 AM

New Year New Trouble( A Short Story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / New Year New Trouble( A Short Story) (907 Views)

New Year,new Me! A Poem By Jesam / Trouble In Anyigba!!! / My Year Of Trouble And Sexcapades(myts) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Year New Trouble( A Short Story) by Nobody: 6:31am On Aug 28, 2014
Cast
Henry: A genius who hates his sister
Kate: Henry's sister who hates him
Jane, Belinda and Naomi: Kate's friends
Tania: Henry's admirer.

The faces of everyone was distorted as they saw the gun being pointed at them by the young man. It was a dramatic turn around.

Just few hours back, in the last year, this same man was cracking their ribs with series of jokes, but now he was pointing a gun at them.

"Say your last prayers!" the man announced.

"What have we done?" Henry asked in fright.

"Shut up!" the man yelled at Henry and pointed the gun at him.

The bus turned another direction and halted at a ringroad.

"We are smugglers," said the man. "We are in need of capable hands to serve in our smuggling business and--this is the way we get people to do so."

"But this is new year for heaven's sake! Can't it wait?" Henry said.

"Shut up!" the man snarled. "How dare you talk at all? If you open your mouth again, you'd get blown up!"

The man rubbed the hollow of the gun with his cloth.

Henry would have put his magic power into use rashly if only he hadn't put himself on amnesia which should end the day after.

"What's your name?" the man asked.

"Henry!" he said.

"Well...we don't need you in this business, right! We're going away with all your sisters," he said. "In this business, they would be least suspected, ha, ha, ha. And they shall be useful for our prostitution business too."

"Never!" Henry screamed, but then the butt of the gun hit him on the head. He held it with his hand. Kate began to weep.

"Why are you doing this to us?" Kate sobbed.

The young man ignored her and faced Henry.

"Now you can step outta here," he commanded him. "Your sisters shall be with us."

"Sir, he's got just one," Jane said, pointing at Kate. "We are just neighbours."

"Jane!" Tania screamed at her.

"Y-yes, we are not his sisters," Naomi and Belinda corroborated Jane's confession.

"We're taking her then," the man said. He had a cruel look on his face.

"Take me too; I'm his sister!" Tania volunteered to go with Kate.

"Tania! You'd better leave Kate alone in this," Belinda said.

"Why are you so mean?" Tania screamed at her.

"Sir, take me with you and leave my sister alone," Henry sacrificed himself.

"Alright then," the man said and ordered the girls out of the bus. They zoomed off when the girls got down, just when Kate and her mates successfully pulled Tania's hands away from the door. She didn't want to leave Henry alone.

"You are so mean!" Tania yelled at them, but to her shock, the girls burst into laughter. "You are--laughing? This is kidnap, isn't it?"

They didn't listen to her.

"Tania's in love, ha, ha, ha," Kate laughed in her face. "The first new year laughter."

"Are you insane or something?" Tania was confused. "Can someone tell me what's going on right now?" Tania asked.

"Let's help her out," Belinda said. "Girls what do you think?"

"Okay, go on," they were smiling.

"Tania, you should have known. Poor girl like you, blinded by love," Belinda said.

"Are you telling me what's going on or not?" she was impatient.

"Of course you should know, Tania, that this is all planned work," Belinda grinned.

"Planned work?" Tania was shocked.

"Yeah, first planned work in 1985!" Belinda laughed. "Girls, what do you think?"

"Exactly!" the girls said, smiling conceitedly.

"Y'all crazy!" Tania screamed at them. She was almost shedding tears.

"Hey! Watch your tongue, Tania!" Jane yelled at her face. "We're only doing this for revenge and nothing more. Henry shall be home tomorrow."

"Tomorrow!" Tania exclaimed. "You are so mean!"

"Hey, shut up Tania! Don't you know Henry was the one responsible for Kate's destroyed birthday? Something which led to my kidnap on Christmas day."

"I'm just hearing this for the first time," Tania voiced out her ignorance.

"Of course we wouldn't have told you; just as we did. Sure you'll never see anything good in revenge cos you're blinded by love!"

"Shut it, Jane!" Tania screamed at her. "Don't go there anymore, else..."

"What can you do, eh?" Jane dared her. "All you know's Henry, Henry, Henry. Little wonder you wouldn't wanna leave his side in the bus."

Tania got angry. She dealt Jane a slap on the face and stood rigid, getting ready for her attack.

"You s-slapped me cos of Henry?" Jane held her cheek in pain and lurched forward to grab Tania by her cloth. The other girls rushed to prevent a fight.

"It's okay!" Belinda didn't allow it. "Tania, you ain't supposed to take this thing personal."

"Belinda, I've always respected you, but this you did just shows how immature you are!" Tania yelled at Belinda. "How could you plan such a thing to destroy the fun of a new year? Just because Henry did something to her sister in the old year? What about your new year resolution, no revenge and the likes?"

Kate was already weeping. She was feeling guilty now.

"Well...we've done this already okay? So, there's nothing we can do 'bout it," Belinda said, rather unrepentantly. "Let's go."

She waved down a vehicle.

Jane bent her head to get in first, tears on her face.

"Tania, you're doomed!" she pointed at her. Belinda and Naomi got into the vehicle too, but Kate was indecisive. She was staring at Tania in regret.
Re: New Year New Trouble( A Short Story) by tmx21(m): 6:52am On Aug 28, 2014
Mr sammy again! Oya *rush in with a bucket of kwulikwuli* hehehehe. Make i sit for the vvip sit jare. #following
Re: New Year New Trouble( A Short Story) by PrinceAdepoju(m): 12:29pm On Aug 28, 2014
I now get you, boss.

You are trying to remind us of the stories before we continuegringringrin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Year New Trouble( A Short Story) by Nobody: 2:41pm On Aug 28, 2014
wink
PrinceAdepoju: I now get you, boss.

Re: New Year New Trouble( A Short Story) by dammygoody(m): 5:47pm On Aug 28, 2014
PrinceAdepoju: I now get you, boss.

Exactly bro..and it's quite interesting, extracting stories from a single story
Re: New Year New Trouble( A Short Story) by PrinceAdepoju(m): 12:21am On Aug 29, 2014
dammygoody: Exactly bro..and it's quite interesting, extracting stories from a single story
abi now. cheesy
Re: New Year New Trouble( A Short Story) by princesssusan(f): 3:09pm On Aug 30, 2014
Oga we dey wait o

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Ultimatum And Other Short Stories By Stallion Black / Shut Your Mouth ( A Comedy Collabo Thread) / Devils In Disguise (play)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.