Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,705 members, 7,802,096 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:08 AM

Thread For Entrepreneurs How Did It All Start? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Thread For Entrepreneurs How Did It All Start? (704 Views)

ENTREPRENEURS: How To Start A Catfish Farm / Your Top Five Motivational Books For Entrepreneurs / Entrepreneurs: How Is Your Business Adapting To The Global Climate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thread For Entrepreneurs How Did It All Start? by Emessy(m): 6:39am On Aug 28, 2014
fellow entrepreneurs that have succeeded in establishing a standard business this is a thread for you to share with us the young and inexperienced how it all happened , from your motivations? , at what age did you start thinking like an entrepreneur? , what was your initial plan? DID IT WORK OUT or you had to go for plan b if so what was plan b? , how did you advertise your products , how you got your starting capital? what were your challenges? and how you overcame them? and how is the business flowing right now? please feel free to educated our young minds
Re: Thread For Entrepreneurs How Did It All Start? by Nobody: 6:42am On Aug 28, 2014
Following
Re: Thread For Entrepreneurs How Did It All Start? by dayosaurus(m): 7:09am On Aug 28, 2014
Following, our entrepreneurs on nairaland should come and school us please.. we're eager to learn.. smiley smiley
Re: Thread For Entrepreneurs How Did It All Start? by onidodo(m): 9:12am On Aug 29, 2014
I started thinking of becoming an enterpreneur when I was having some difficulties: I was seeking for transfer from NE for 2yrs but to no avail, even d job (banking) was not interesting to me again-i was collecting salary and spending it, could not build in NE, to send money home and a house is another story. I don't have time for myself, my family and God. I know I wasn't using my potentials to d fully. I apply for graduate study in Canada, no research grp accepted my application. As a graduate of Chemistry I began thinking of what I can do with my knowldge of chemistry in Nigeria and they are many. Then I narrowed it down to few. I have almost establish one I.e production of Soap and Detergent (liquid and Bar). I have a reg company and my products are reg too.
Re: Thread For Entrepreneurs How Did It All Start? by theSpark(m): 1:35pm On Aug 29, 2014
I will be graduating this year. I realised that no one would be dashing me free money again for the rest of my life in the name of monthly allowance. Not forgetting the fact that jobs are scarce. So I decided to pool funds with my friends and import some branded items and sell in my school. At least if I must do business I should start early.

The items are gradually gaining ground and I think it is worthwhile, if not anything I have valuable experience in closing business deals. This is the first step that will snowball into something bigger.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Cost Of Opening A Barbing Salon. / Why Do People Keep Thinking Their Idea Will Be Stolen If Shared / How Youths Can Become Successful Entrepreneurs, By Adesina, Utomi,others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.