Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,212 members, 7,780,385 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:25 PM

Cross Breed Between German Shepherd And Rottweiler or Causacian - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Cross Breed Between German Shepherd And Rottweiler or Causacian (28284 Views)

Boerboel And Rottweiler Puppies For Sale / Buying A Rottweiler Or Boerboel For 30k. Is This Achievable? / 3weeks OLD DOGS FOR SALE NOW(cross-breed) price reduced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cross Breed Between German Shepherd And Rottweiler or Causacian by kuzee(m): 8:21am On Aug 28, 2014
guys i m thinkin of crossing my female GSD with a rottweiler or causacian.
what do you think.
i love to have both genes in one.
but if you were in my shoes
what will you do?
will the market value be high or low?
what will be the quality of the dog?
Re: Cross Breed Between German Shepherd And Rottweiler or Causacian by Seun(m): 8:56am On Aug 28, 2014
Don't do it. When you cross dogs that don't look similar to each other, the resulting offspring usually looks weird and ugly. The result is not a perfect blend of the features of the parent. Rather, each puppy gets a random subset of the (visible and hidden) features of its mother and a random subset of the features of its father. So one of them may have the color of a rott, the face of a gsd, ears of a rott, GSD coat. Another might have the head of a rott and the body of a GSD or vice versa. And you would have to keep the ugly puppies or sell them very cheap.

To understand your intentions better so I can propose an alternative, I'd like you to answer the questions below:
1) Which features of a Rottweiler, that pure German Shepherds don't have, do you expect the mixed puppies to have?
2) Which features of a German Shepherd, that pure Rottweilers don't have, do you expect the mixed puppies to have?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cross Breed Between German Shepherd And Rottweiler or Causacian by arcbay(m): 9:06am On Aug 28, 2014
kuzee: guys i thinkin of crossing my female GSD with a rottweiler.
what do you think.
i love to have both genes in one.
but if you were in my shoes
what will you do

Please don't...You'll only end up adding to the population of cross bred canines in Nigeria. I understand the fact that you want both breeds in one, u wanna mate a GSD with a rottie. If the bitch gives birth, you are gonna retain one of the puppies, what happens to the other puppies in the litter? You will sell them off and they will grow up to producing "impurities" like them, thereby constituting in a large extent to the "National Association Of Crossbreeds"...I assure you that the origin of crossbreeds started from the activities of individuals who crave adventures like you. Please let's frown on this act...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cross Breed Between German Shepherd And Rottweiler or Causacian by kuzee(m): 11:10am On Aug 28, 2014
Seun: Don't do it. When you cross dogs that don't look similar to each other, the resulting offspring usually looks weird and ugly. The result is not a perfect blend of the features of the parent. Rather, each puppy gets a random subset of the (visible and hidden) features of its mother and a random subset of the features of its father. So one of them may have the color of a rott, the face of a gsd, ears of a rott, GSD coat. Another might have the head of a rott and the body of a GSD or vice versa. And you would have to keep the ugly puppies or sell them very cheap.

To understand your intentions better so I can propose an alternative, I'd like you to answer the questions below:
1) Which features of a Rottweiler, that pure German Shepherds don't have, do you expect the mixed puppies to have?
2) Which features of a German Shepherd, that pure Rottweilers don't have, do you expect the mixed puppies to have?
wow
you made some senses here,
you are absolutely right,i visit the net and saw some features in the dog in various part of the body,have been thinking about it,just becos rottweiler are so aggressive and muscular combining with gsd to make it more aggressive than the original gsd or rott..
that was my thought though and i was till thinking the price will be high only to hear it will be cheap..
thanks for your tips and advice.
Re: Cross Breed Between German Shepherd And Rottweiler or Causacian by kuzee(m): 11:14am On Aug 28, 2014
arcbay:

Please don't...You'll only end up adding to the population of cross bred canines in Nigeria. I understand the fact that you want both breeds in one, u wanna mate a GSD with a rottie. If the bitch gives birth, you are gonna retain one of the puppies, what happens to the other puppies in the litter? You will sell them off and they will grow up to producing "impurities" like them, thereby constituting in a large extent to the "National Association Of Crossbreeds"...I assure you that the origin of crossbreeds started from the activities of individuals who crave adventures like you. Please let's frown on this act...
lol
abeg no vex,now i understand your point
i plan ti retain two nd sell the rest..
thus making market value low.
no wonder we dnt knw the real pure breed of dog..
so no vex..
Re: Cross Breed Between German Shepherd And Rottweiler or Causacian by mayorall(m): 11:57am On Aug 28, 2014
Please dont do it my friend
Re: Cross Breed Between German Shepherd And Rottweiler or Causacian by osykull22(m): 11:56am On Aug 29, 2014
o boy no try am d result is rubbish
Re: Cross Breed Between German Shepherd And Rottweiler or Causacian by kuzee(m): 2:44pm On Aug 29, 2014
osykull22: o boy no try am d result is rubbish
lol,u don try m b4?
Re: Cross Breed Between German Shepherd And Rottweiler or Causacian by kuzee(m): 8:07am On Aug 30, 2014
what do you think about this guy dog?
is it full breed cacusian or mix breed?

Re: Cross Breed Between German Shepherd And Rottweiler or Causacian by ChynoBEATS: 3:08pm On Aug 31, 2014
Guy. Nogo even tink am.... Cross. Breeding iz bad as-in BAD.... Very bad... Seem's u wnt to increase the. Number of those un-pure things ..... Jst take ur time N save some Money so u can buy A good rottwieler ...cross breeding is very bad n highly un-advice_able
Re: Cross Breed Between German Shepherd And Rottweiler or Causacian by kuzee(m): 8:47pm On Aug 31, 2014
ChynoBEATS: Guy. Nogo even tink am.... Cross. Breeding iz bad as-in BAD.... Very bad... Seem's u wnt to increase the. Number of those un-pure things ..... Jst take ur time N save some Money so u can buy A good rottwieler ...cross breeding is very bad n highly un-advice_able
thanks man,
have considered that
Re: Cross Breed Between German Shepherd And Rottweiler or Causacian by oluomoadebayo: 3:44pm On Sep 01, 2014
kuzee:
thanks man,
have considered that

If you have a pure GSD, rott owners would be jealous of you.
Re: Cross Breed Between German Shepherd And Rottweiler or Causacian by daik(m): 4:17pm On Sep 01, 2014
kuzee: what do you think about this guy dog?
is it full breed cacusian or mix breed?

that should be a cross breed of GSD and Caucasian
Re: Cross Breed Between German Shepherd And Rottweiler or Causacian by kuzee(m): 12:47am On Sep 02, 2014
daik:

that should be a cross breed of GSD and Caucasian
that was my thought though
i wanna cross her with a causasian dog.
hope the market price will be high though
Re: Cross Breed Between German Shepherd And Rottweiler or Causacian by kuzee(m): 12:48am On Sep 02, 2014
oluomoadebayo:

If you have a pure GSD, rott owners would be jealous of you.
you mux be kidding right?
if so why do they go for that dog then and also the price is high than gsd
Re: Cross Breed Between German Shepherd And Rottweiler or Causacian by Eveezy(m): 9:12am On Sep 02, 2014
kuzee:
Mind u, GSD re still generally the world most expensive dogs, excluding d. Single tibetan mastif dat was recently sold in china, nd dt was sold @ dt price due to bidding nd auctioning, bt generally, the most expensive and versatile dogs in the world is still the gsd, though their breed have been spoilt here in 9ja, bt the pure ones are still the best

1 Like

Re: Cross Breed Between German Shepherd And Rottweiler or Causacian by Seun(m): 10:11am On Sep 02, 2014
kuzee: that was my thought though i wanna cross her with a causasian dog. hope the market price will be high though
Why must every dog owner be a breeder? Your dog is still learning where to poop and you're making plans about what to cross her with.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cross Breed Between German Shepherd And Rottweiler or Causacian by oluomoadebayo: 5:06pm On Sep 02, 2014
kuzee:

Are you referring to Nigeria market price or the quality of the dog as a whole ? A good GSD is not in the same class with a rottie. Nigerian loves big and intimidating dogs but not effectiveness . I'm once a rottie breeder and I gave out my dogs out for free when I tried another breed.
Re: Cross Breed Between German Shepherd And Rottweiler or Causacian by kuzee(m): 8:20pm On Sep 02, 2014
Seun:
Why must every dog owner be a breeder? Your dog is still learning where to poop and you're making plans about what to cross her with.
ogami i want to ask a question,
assuming i have a male and a female alsatian dog,now their life span is between 13-15 years approximately or maybe,do you think as a pet owner you dont have to benefit from it? spending an enormous amount of money on a dog for 13 years without any benefit but just as a pet,everyone has their own reason and choice..so i might need to generate some income from my dog to continuously take care of them for their food or the medicals,
i am a dog and cat lover,not planning to become a breeder..you gave me reasons on why i should cross..it coz of their height,aggressiveness,thick fur,muscular body,and socialization.
i want to cross and kip the dog for myself,there are 3 female alsatian dog,two crossing with their bloodline and other three crossing with any breed.if not properly taken care of i sell or dash out..
grin

1 Like

Re: Cross Breed Between German Shepherd And Rottweiler or Causacian by kuzee(m): 8:21pm On Sep 02, 2014
oluomoadebayo:

Are you referring to Nigeria market price or the quality of the dog as a whole ? A good GSD is not in the same class with a rottie. Nigerian loves big and intimidating dogs but not effectiveness . I'm once a rottie breeder and I gave out my dogs out for free when I tried another breed.
i m referring to both...
Re: Cross Breed Between German Shepherd And Rottweiler or Causacian by oluomoadebayo: 11:58pm On Sep 02, 2014
kuzee:
i m referring to both...

Well I would take quality GSD over a rottie and an high energy suit my lifestyle. I don't know your purpose of owning a dog but i remember dashing my rottie out free of charge to a friend and he is a quality rott with boxed head. Good GSD is not easy to find, even in Europe you would have to pay the breeder prior the delivery if you are looking for the best bloodline.

4 Likes

Re: Cross Breed Between German Shepherd And Rottweiler or Causacian by Eveezy(m): 1:59am On Sep 03, 2014
oluomoadebayo:

Well I would take quality GSD over a rottie and an high energy suit my lifestyle. I don't know your purpose of owning a dog but i remember dashing my rottie out free of charge to a friend and he is a quality rott with boxed head. Good GSD is not easy to find, even in Europe you would have to pay the breeder prior the delivery if you are looking for the best bloodline.
My point exactly, GSDs re the most versatile dogs, they re what I refer to a jack of all trade, an all round dog, pure GSDs still remains the world expensive dogs, when looking @ the general market, lyk I said earlier, d breed ve been spoilt here in 9ja, nd dts y most pppeople dnt value it
Re: Cross Breed Between German Shepherd And Rottweiler or Causacian by kuzee(m): 6:12am On Sep 03, 2014
Eveezy:
My point exactly, GSDs re the most versatile dogs, they re what I refer to a jack of all trade, an all round dog, pure GSDs still remains the world expensive dogs, when looking @ the general market, lyk I said earlier, d breed ve been spoilt here in 9ja, nd dts y most pppeople dnt value it
that is very true
Re: Cross Breed Between German Shepherd And Rottweiler or Causacian by kuzee(m): 6:14am On Sep 03, 2014
oluomoadebayo:

my younger bro in cyprus tend to bring a male and a female GSD here,buh it so damn expensive
Re: Cross Breed Between German Shepherd And Rottweiler or Causacian by oluomoadebayo: 8:37am On Sep 03, 2014
kuzee:
my younger bro in cyprus tend to bring a male and a female GSD here,buh it so damn expensive

I think it worth sit if you could afford it. Just make sure it's from good bloodline.
Re: Cross Breed Between German Shepherd And Rottweiler or Causacian by oluomoadebayo: 8:39am On Sep 03, 2014
Eveezy:

The world is dropping GSD for malinois now. The only advantage of GSD to Mali is the off switch and malinois is not for everyone.
Re: Cross Breed Between German Shepherd And Rottweiler or Causacian by feedthenation(m): 1:05pm On Sep 03, 2014
Pure GSD are rare and in high demand, hence it is highly important to be careful not to cross-breed.
Re: Cross Breed Between German Shepherd And Rottweiler or Causacian by nickz(m): 7:57am On Sep 04, 2014
kuzee:
will the market value be high or low.
brbgrin...lemme ask my calabar classmategrin
Re: Cross Breed Between German Shepherd And Rottweiler or Causacian by kuzee(m): 10:30am On Sep 05, 2014
nickz: brbgrin...lemme ask my calabar classmategrin
lolx
badt guy.
what did you find out
Re: Cross Breed Between German Shepherd And Rottweiler or Causacian by kuzee(m): 1:09pm On Sep 05, 2014
nickz: he said,"GSD are big dogs and rotts usually grow and have big muscles/meat.......so that gives you BIG DOG MUSCLE/MEAT

CARRY ON.......market value is gonna be high as fuq!!!"

PS:my friend is in 200 level studying 'BUTCHERY' at the prestigous UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR
lol
you wanto eat my dog bah?
well that caught my attention.
if i want to mix,i kip the dog for myself
Re: Cross Breed Between German Shepherd And Rottweiler or Causacian by Seun(m): 5:58pm On Sep 05, 2014
kuzee: if i want to mix,i kip the dog for myself
Dogs whelp many puppies when they get pregnant. If your dog gives birth to 8 ugly puppies, will you keep all of them?

(1) (2) (Reply)

No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers / Would You Allow Your Dog To Kill A Thief/Robber In Your Home? / A Nairalander Shows Off His Beautiful Puppies. (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.