Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,635 members, 7,801,835 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

Abusive Brothers/negligent Families - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Abusive Brothers/negligent Families (741 Views)

I Saw This Inside My Younger Brothers Bag (photos) / Can't We Just Get Married Without Involving Families? / Why Would A Lady Remain In An Abusive Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abusive Brothers/negligent Families by fightforchange1(f): 8:41am On Aug 28, 2014
some people grow up in bad families....they could suffer as a result of that.....self esteem issues.....lack of motivation....bad intimate relationships....

my brother tends to be abusive and negligent towards me...

what do you recommend?
Re: Abusive Brothers/negligent Families by hungryboy(m): 8:48am On Aug 28, 2014
Report to your Dad nah
If that option no work
Go learn karate

1 Like

Re: Abusive Brothers/negligent Families by fightforchange1(f): 8:51am On Aug 28, 2014
hungryboy: Report to your Dad nah
If that option no work
Go learn karate

hahaha!!!!
brilliant !
grin cheesy
learning a hobby is thanks hungryboy.
Re: Abusive Brothers/negligent Families by pickabeau1: 8:58am On Aug 28, 2014
What nature of abuse are we talking about

Emotional?
Physical?

Has this been discussed with your parents

Is it possible to isolate yourself from him

What does negligent mean in this context
Re: Abusive Brothers/negligent Families by fightforchange1(f): 9:11am On Aug 28, 2014
pickabeau1: What nature of abuse are we talking about

Emotional?
Physical?

Has this been discussed with your parents

Is it possible to isolate yourself from him

What does negligent mean in this context

I mean that he tends to ignore me....never calls me takes an interest in my life...
spends time with me....it's like I dont have a brother..
attacking my intelligence.
Re: Abusive Brothers/negligent Families by Nobody: 9:13am On Aug 28, 2014
If you don't have to live with your brother it is time to move away from him and start living life according to You.

If you live with him you have to say NO to his abusive ways. Tolerate nothing abusive he throws your way.

As per your self esteem, you need to work on that because you come from what you consider a less than ideal home does not mean you have to keep on carrying that baggage its over you've grown up and as time goes on the scars of the past will fade. Make peace with the past.

As per the bad intimate relationships you need to stop dating same kind of guys with different faces, you can become conscious of your patterns and deliberately choose a better partner. At this stage you create your own reality you can't keep looking back and blaming anyone it will get you stuck so do what you have to do to become who you want to be as long as it does not offend God or your neighbour. Think of life as an adventure inspite of the challenges it gets better you can even write your own story "the adventures of Fightforchange". smiley

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Abusive Brothers/negligent Families by pickabeau1: 9:18am On Aug 28, 2014
More emotional and physical...

Hmmm.....

He may be emotionally disconnected and not know how to reach out.. Does he do this to only you or its a general thing

Do you have someone else who can fill in a role of a mentor or big brither to you

On the intelligence attack, does he make fun of you

fightforchange1:

I mean that he tends to ignore me....never calls me takes an interest in my life...
spends time with me....it's like I dont have a brother..
attacking my intelligence.
Re: Abusive Brothers/negligent Families by fightforchange1(f): 9:24am On Aug 28, 2014
pickabeau1: More emotional and physical...

Hmmm.....

He may be emotionally disconnected and not know how to reach out.. Does he do this to only you or its a general thing

Do you have someone else who can fill in a role of a mentor or big brither to you

On the intelligence attack, does he make fun of you

honestly.my family.has left me a wreck.
I feel like I can spread to his website because I'm an open book and I dnot mind people know my story. none of them call me....and I feel like what's the point of even protesting if you're not even gonna be there for those people.
it's a bit ridiculous.
Re: Abusive Brothers/negligent Families by pickabeau1: 9:25am On Aug 28, 2014
Theres more to this than meets the eye

fightforchange1:

honestly.my family.has left me a wreck.
I feel like I can spread to his website because I'm an open book and I dnot mind people know my story. none of them call me....and I feel like what's the point of even protesting if you're not even gonna be there for those people.
it's a bit ridiculous.
Re: Abusive Brothers/negligent Families by fightforchange1(f): 9:34am On Aug 28, 2014
pickabeau1: Theres more to this than meets the eye

when I was in high school I screwed up a lot of head I had like average grades I was really interested in school had llike apathy issues...and I have to meet a lot of the issues that I had in my family in my life to my family and I know that as an adult now I cannot blame my problems in my life right now for my family for my family but when I was in when I was growing up I needed that interaction because if you don't have interaction if you don't have that.acceptance from them...bad things start to happen. I can find me with an open heart an open mind say that because I need it I need a sense of loving and accepting. how my life turns out now I have to create my own reality is one of the other people in this thread said
Re: Abusive Brothers/negligent Families by pickabeau1: 9:41am On Aug 28, 2014
i get this..

and i support the statement on creating your own reality

fightforchange1:

when I was in high school I screwed up a lot of head I had like average grades I was really interested in school had llike apathy issues...and I have to meet a lot of the issues that I had in my family in my life to my family and I know that as an adult now I cannot blame my problems in my life right now for my family for my family but when I was in when I was growing up I needed that interaction because if you don't have interaction if you don't have that.acceptance from them...bad things start to happen. I can find me with an open heart an open mind say that because I need it I need a sense of loving and accepting. how my life turns out now I have to create my own reality is one of the other people in this thread said
Re: Abusive Brothers/negligent Families by fightforchange1(f): 9:44am On Aug 28, 2014
pickabeau1: i get this..

and i support the statement on creating your own reality

any other information you give me will be strictly on a PM and I'm officially not going to say anything else on this. lipsrsealed
Re: Abusive Brothers/negligent Families by pickabeau1: 9:51am On Aug 28, 2014
I agree...
fightforchange1:

any other information you give me will be strictly on a PM and I'm officially not going to say anything else on this. lipsrsealed
Re: Abusive Brothers/negligent Families by Nobody: 10:31am On Aug 28, 2014
fightforchange1:

Its great to be loved and accepted by family members infact this is the primary reason for family a home of love,acceptance and a learning ground so I get you are pained you didn't get this and your pain is normal. If I were in your shoes I would be pained as well.

The thing is would you like to remain in the pain or heal?

Being adult is tough but great, you are now in the driving seat of your life so you teach yourself what you like. You choose- this is how you create your own reality. You want and need love and acceptance? give it to yourself, love and accept yourself as you are. Make peace with the past you can't change it, you can't live in it so accept it.
Don't wait for anyone to love and accept you, you may die waiting. Remember EVERYTHING is part of your story.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Grandmother Murders Grandson ,drinks His Blood And Eats His Flesh . / Could You Leave Your Spouse For The Chance To Settle On Mars? / 5 Things You Are Not Responsible For As A Parent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.