Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,803 members, 7,802,565 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:28 PM

Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. (33817 Views)

BREAKING: Nigeria Records New Ebola Cases / Lagos Records 5 new Suspected Ebola Cases / Suspected Ebola Cases In Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. by lakamua: 3:13pm On Aug 28, 2014
UnknownT: Na long sleeve sure pass now oh! If i hear say i sit for front seat for cab if i dey go anywhere. Finally, cum sunday for corpus christi na only rev. Father go shake him hand oh! I no shake anybody
see dry joke

1 Like

Re: Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. by Gee001: 3:14pm On Aug 28, 2014
If u r in ph n suspect any one of d ebola virus pls call dese numbers-08167733939, 08038657456, 07036321076, 08037025683, also d rivers state ebola isolation centre is situated @ Emohua lga. The Rivers State Govt releases the name of Ebola victim in Port Harcourt as Dr. Aiyke Enamoa. Pls pls pls for ur life n dat of odas,Be concious,report any suspected cases of Ebola virus to the appropriate quarters.Observe the recommended hygiene procedures. #EbolaFreePH. Do well to spread dis msg round ph

6 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. by Rose111: 3:28pm On Aug 28, 2014
Blenvado: The Rivers State Commissioner for Health Sampson Paker should immediatly resign and be given a dose of the EVD for lying to Rivers people. Up until this morning he was still blabing on radio that there was no Ebola Virus threat in Rivers State only for him to retract his statement some few minutes later to confirm the death of a doctor by the EVD. I remember the last time the RSHA invited him and rebuked him for not doing enough against the Virus. Now we are faced with the reality....!!! God be with us...!!!
@Blenvado i think u r in the best position to sack him................Giberish talker
Re: Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. by johnnychuks(m): 3:29pm On Aug 28, 2014
Rivers State need to be proactive on dis issue cus Ph city is too small for Ebola virus to come in, they hv to Emulate Lagosians not to be curious talking about politicians that dosn't hv plan for a comon nigerians.
Re: Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. by UnknownT: 3:30pm On Aug 28, 2014
lakamua:
see dry joke
young man, i am not joking. I am in PH and know how things work here
Re: Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. by Layolaw(f): 3:37pm On Aug 28, 2014
This is serious ooo, God have mercy
Re: Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. by Nobody: 3:39pm On Aug 28, 2014
Hmmm
Re: Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. by Xano(m): 3:41pm On Aug 28, 2014
mikeansy: Please does anyone know the Government emergency numbers for Ebola cases?

If you think you have been exposed in IMO Abia or Rivers State which hotline do you call please.

Information is the best way to beat Ebola
Re: Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. by Xano(m): 3:43pm On Aug 28, 2014
mikeansy: Please does anyone know the Government emergency numbers for Ebola cases?

If you think you have been exposed in IMO Abia or Rivers State which hotline do you call please.

Information is the best way to beat Ebola

Got this from MTN:
Report any suspected case of ebola to 08037154575/08037879701 or email: ebolainfo@health.gov.ng (Federal Ministry of Health)
Re: Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. by Keky(m): 3:46pm On Aug 28, 2014
We shall Overcome #Bolieve
Re: Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. by Nobody: 3:48pm On Aug 28, 2014
imanuel5959: Am sharing not to cause panic but to inform for the greater good. The Good heart hospital is where the Doctor ...Ikechukwu Sam Enemuo..was rushed to after he took ill with symptoms of Ebola. He was said to have operated on a woman on Monday presumably after secretly treating the diplomat. Fell ill next day Tuesday and died last Friday. No one knew about this hotel angle which was a very big risk he took...and unethical thing to do.. He was ill for 3 days...then started vomiting blood with bloody diarrhoea. He was rushed to Prime...where he was rejected and then taken to Good heart whose MD is a Cardiologist ..a consultant physician with UPTH. He died there. Good heart is on EVO road in GRA ph2 THE Doctor that died practices in East West Road Rumuokoro...Sam Steel clinic. The wife also a Doctor has a 3-month old baby. There may have been well over 200 contacts of this devilish diplomat who lured his young Doctor friend to treat him secretly and went back to Lagos. I hear he has eventually submitted himself for Ebola check in a bid to get a clearance certificate to fly out..he tested positive and is now quarantined in lagos..It's quite a calamity unfolding in Ph. Unfortunately Ph health facilities are not quite ready to contain Ebola at the moment. There are American experts and federal and WHO health workers in town however training Drs and other healthworkers and helping out with contact tracing etc .

Thanks for this detailed information, hope it is accurate though!
Re: Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. by iceberylin(m): 3:49pm On Aug 28, 2014
seems like this Virus is Hard to Contain ....
mehn no more hand-Shake o...
make e no Reach Choba o
Re: Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 28, 2014
Dracula27: I recommend a long jail term for the diplomat
I think the Diplomat should actually be quarantined in jail. We should have severed whatever tie we have with Liberia by now, so that next time, other countries would know we frown at the act of virus importation into our country.

2 Likes

Re: Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. by Leopantro: 4:01pm On Aug 28, 2014
what is the name of that diplomat?
Re: Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. by 190theclown: 4:03pm On Aug 28, 2014
wahala in our country undecided
Re: Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. by Neatboy(m): 4:04pm On Aug 28, 2014
Just imagine what would have happened if Patrick Sawyer had been sent to Sambisa Forest...
Re: Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. by geonduka: 4:04pm On Aug 28, 2014
They say Ebola has been contained but the epidemic has just begun!
Re: Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. by Frankenstein: 4:04pm On Aug 28, 2014
Jahniece: I rili dnt understand d Nigerian govt... Hw can they say a primary contact evaded surveillance? Y wasnt he quarantined in d first place n y didnt d Minister of Health make it known earlier on dat a primary contact evaded surveillance Now, we possibly cant say the two cases have only come in contact wit 70 pple in 1mnth... Which way Nigeria?

God help us overcome dis dreaded times
That shows you how incompetent our government is. This scenario arises when critical offices and positions are given to people that have certain 'connections' rather than to the qualified ones that merit such posts.

1 Like

Re: Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. by Tomjazzy2: 4:05pm On Aug 28, 2014
Do well to share these Ebola help lines in Port Harcourt following the recent outbreak in the city:- 08167733937, 07036321076, 08037025683 or 112. Got this from a reliable source. Remeber, awareness is key in the fight against this menace
Re: Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. by 100Cents: 4:08pm On Aug 28, 2014
God help us. It was one case on Monday, now it is 15.

Mr minister..
Re: Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. by egopersonified(f): 4:24pm On Aug 28, 2014
The most important thing now is for us to know what to do when there is a likely ebola patient around us.
Re: Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. by Provie(m): 4:25pm On Aug 28, 2014
When did Sawyer die? When could this man have had contact with Sawyer? So the 21 days "incubation period" is pure lie? What are we ignorant of concerning this Ebola sef?
Re: Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. by kingsilly(m): 4:26pm On Aug 28, 2014
Dracula27:
Please who is this doctor ?
He has put the life of a lot of people at risk and has cost the government millions or billions of Naira.
Unfurtunately he is dead but i recommend a long jail term for the diplomat and survivors of acts like his.
True talk

1 Like

Re: Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 28, 2014
Re: Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. by Nobody: 4:34pm On Aug 28, 2014
victorD3: Lagos, Kwara,Ogun and now Rivers state are common dominators of Ebola #sayNOtoAPC
A serious issue as this does not need to be politicised! For once be serious!
Re: Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. by Nobody: 4:34pm On Aug 28, 2014
Re: Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. by felifeli: 4:36pm On Aug 28, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

http://www.thecable.ng/breaking-two-ebola-cases-confirmed-in-ph | TheCable

Wo if any ECOWAS staff near my house.. angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. by Nobody: 4:36pm On Aug 28, 2014
Thank you a lie is never consistent!

Ebola is a hoax
Provie: When did Sawyer die? When could this man have had contact with Sawyer? So the 21 days "incubation period" is pure lie? What are we ignorant of concerning this Ebola sef?
Re: Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. by otokx(m): 4:44pm On Aug 28, 2014
Rumor has it that the dead doctor was embalmed at UPTH instead of being cremated.
Re: Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. by segend(m): 4:57pm On Aug 28, 2014
[quote author=mikeansy]Why are Ebola patients hiding?

I listened to an interview on nigeriainfo abuja today, and the health personnel confirmed that the major hindrance to fight of ebola is people hiding and not reporting. This he attributed to the stigma associated with it and fear of what happens in quarantine.
I think the campaign now should be focused on assuring people of their survival chances if they report on time

2 Likes

Re: Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. by honygold: 4:58pm On Aug 28, 2014
omenka: I want the blabbermouth, Marilyn Ogah, to ask questions as to why these are happening in opposition states alone. What is sauce for the goose should also be suitable for the gander!
use your brain man
Re: Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. by Adelisa(f): 4:59pm On Aug 28, 2014
dustydee:

http://news.yahoo.com/nigeria-ebola-patient-hid-government-084052338.html

bt wait o.....i cant still bliv dis is true........i still heard d news dis morning...nd mr. parker confirmed dis info as a rumuor...bt no wams.....God dey...as in There Is God...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Remdesivir Proves Effective Against Coronavirus In US Study / Nigerian Lady Dies After Childbirth (photos) / Coronavirus Casualties Surpass SARS; At Least 811 Deaths Recorded So Far

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.