Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:59 AM

Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt (34750 Views)

First Case Of Lassa Fever Confirmed In Lagos / Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. / No New Confirmed Cases Of Ebola In Lagos! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Moredew(m): 11:24am On Aug 28, 2014
vivaciousvivi: The issue is not really the number of cases in PH but the level of degree the State govt has to responding to it.
LASG was quite commendable. If the PHSG does not start instant quarantine of all the people that came in contact with the present victims, then the virus can easily spread - including back to Lagos and we would have a pandemic on our hands! lipsrsealed
what is PHSG is portharcourt a State?

3 Likes

Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by stagger: 11:26am On Aug 28, 2014
Rose111: ITS NOT CONFIRMED AND PLS STOP PEDLLING FALSE INFORMATIONS

Are you in a fool's paradise? The Ministry of Health has already issued a statement to that effect.

2 Likes

Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Atigba: 11:26am On Aug 28, 2014
What kind of thing is this I just tire
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by shinysmrt: 11:26am On Aug 28, 2014
But these Liberians na wa o!
What is the difference btw dem and suicide bombers?
A suicide bomber straps bomb on his body, travels 2 a location n and bombs somewhere, now these Liberians just carried ebola and started flyin 2 diff locations in Naija. I smell an agenda here and d Americans in collabo wit Liberians hav a hand in it.
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by benELOHIM7(m): 11:26am On Aug 28, 2014
i think say ebola no dey work for salt water side?
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by anitank(f): 11:26am On Aug 28, 2014
The diplomat needs to be arrested for evading surveillance and putting other people's lives at risk.

Then again that doctor is really stupid for not surrendering himself when he became sick, all in the bid to keep quiet. I don't understand how these people think.

3 Likes

Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Siddye(m): 11:27am On Aug 28, 2014
http//:www.aitonline.tv/post-
breaking__two_cases_of_ebola_confirmed_in_portharcourt
thomas
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by kel4soft: 11:28am On Aug 28, 2014
Edusouls: Chai wahala dey 4 nigeria, port hacourt ke, hei and that place too small and populated...

My fear exactly
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Ibime(m): 11:28am On Aug 28, 2014
Oh no!!!
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 11:28am On Aug 28, 2014
In another APC state...something is wrong politically.

Jona ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh grin
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by keandre: 11:28am On Aug 28, 2014
Nawa ooooo
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 11:28am On Aug 28, 2014
shinysmrt: But these Liberians na wa o!
What is the difference btw dem and suicide bombers?
A suicide bomber straps bomb on his body, travels 2 a location n and bombs somewhere, now these Liberians just carried ebola and started flyin 2 diff locations in Naija. I smell an agenda here and d Americans in collabo wit Liberians hav a hand in it.

How are we, US, culpable in this?
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by tejpot(m): 11:28am On Aug 28, 2014
This is unbelievable. Its like this Ebola is truly sent
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Jabioro: 11:29am On Aug 28, 2014
Johnnoah1st: pls where in Nigeria is portHarcourt?I haven't heard of DAT village/town b4 though but may God heal all does who have Ebola dere in Jesus name.
Where are from? Hope nt pluto...
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by dollarlander: 11:30am On Aug 28, 2014
Johnnoah1st: pls where in Nigeria is portHarcourt?I haven't heard of DAT village/town b4 though but may God heal all does who have Ebola dere in Jesus name.

You are not serious, are u a Nigerian?
If you are then you are out of service.
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Atonto: 11:31am On Aug 28, 2014
Can someone tell me what is the difference between Liberian Patrick Sawyer who left his country with knowledge of having EVD and our so called Diplomat who after contacting Sawyer, sneaked into the town distributing the EVD to innocent Nigerians.
I don't want to believe that our Govt officials is not aware of this man status cos they called him diplomat... Na wa oo.

2 Likes

Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by ceejayluv(m): 11:31am On Aug 28, 2014
CityNG:

How are we, US, culpable in this?
He's a F00L...

1 Like

Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by phreakabit(m): 11:31am On Aug 28, 2014
So what now? cry
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by sartorius(m): 11:33am On Aug 28, 2014
This is the country’s first Ebola death outside Lagos and the sixth fatality in Nigeria.

Health Ministry spokesman, Dan Nwomeh, confirmed that the doctor had treated a primary contact of Patrick Sawyer, the Liberian-American who brought Ebola to Lagos.

Health Minister, Professor Onyebuchi Chukwu, also said that the doctor had died on August 22, but the results of the tests have only just been made public.

Controversy, however, trail the number of people under surveillance. The Health Minister said that 70 people are under surveillance in the city, while his wife has been put under quarantine.

However, the Rivers State Commissioner of Health, Dr. Samson Parker, said that 100 contact persons are under surveillance and that a 24-hour surveillance has been declared on all contacts, including patients of the late Dr Iyke Enemoah.

The diplomat, who has since recovered, was part of the team who met with Patrick Sawyer in Lagos.

The World Health Organization says the Ebola outbreak, which has killed 1,427 people, is the largest ever Ebola epidemic and has infected an estimated 2,615 people.

Liberia has been hardest-hit of the affected countries, with 624 deaths and 1,082 cases since the start of the year.

The Director of the Centers for Disease Control, Tom Frieden, has said that the Ebola outbreak in West Africa is going to get worse before it gets better.

The top US public health official said that the epidemic would need an “unprecedented” response to bring it under control.

Health ministers from across West Africa are due to meet in Ghana on Thursday to discuss the growing crisis.
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by sartorius(m): 11:33am On Aug 28, 2014
the mortuary attendants and their family members.
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by thwarrior72: 11:34am On Aug 28, 2014
Imo & Abia state should as a matter of urgency establish isolation centres, incase of a spill over....please

1 Like

Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by MichaelSokoto(m): 11:34am On Aug 28, 2014
charijee: NO NO NO!!!! IN MY DOMAIN?
Eh eh, start boilin salty water & bitta kola oo! grin
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Dee60: 11:35am On Aug 28, 2014
Uhn, PH? We have to pray.
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by toseen29: 11:36am On Aug 28, 2014
Ridiculous! just as we were celebrating that its been curtail in lagos then this news. A learned diplomat that should know better decided to infilterate his wickedness on an innocent doctor just like his counterpart Patrick. if these learned people can behave like this am afraid what the repercussion will be if the disease find its way to the rural populace. God save us all.

1 Like

Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by sartorius(m): 11:36am On Aug 28, 2014
now that the diploma is alive, he should be charged court for manslaughter.

3 Likes

Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by djeezy(m): 11:36am On Aug 28, 2014
Africans don't like dying alone. That's why they don't report themselves when they find out they may be infected. That is the typical African mentality. When this virus spreads to every region in Nigeria, it will be impossible to contain. Just imagine Boko Haram taking blood of an infected person and injecting it into cows. Catastrophe.

1 Like

Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by legendsilver(m): 11:36am On Aug 28, 2014
Ayomax: ghen ghen, E don happen. we need more prayers than ever now.
I swear, but sebi dem be say na only one person remain? Now na port harcourt again,
Please bring back #1.9b and spend it for the purpose its made for. We don't need cars but Ebola cure
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by chimajii: 11:36am On Aug 28, 2014

The word INFORMATION doesn't go with an 'S'
It's already in its plural form

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by YoungDaNaval(m): 11:38am On Aug 28, 2014
NO NO NO! IT CAN'T BE TRUE! I HEARD ON RADIO YESTERDAY THAT EBOLA AINT YET IN P.H SO HOW COME TWO CASES WERE DISCOVERED TODAY? CHAI! WHERE MA GHANA MUST GO EEH!!

*running away with ma bag on ma head*
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 11:38am On Aug 28, 2014
CHAI THERE IS GOD OOOO....FOR MA DOMAIN? PICTURE OF THE EBOLA PATIENT OR I DONBELIVIT grin grin grin grin
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by dustydee: 11:38am On Aug 28, 2014
I think the diplomat should be sanctioned. This is a matter of National security.
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Btruth: 11:38am On Aug 28, 2014
I suppose this minister of health will make the treatment of ebola & more isolation centre his priority now than the cars needed for the ministry of health?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Infection Wants To Kill Me Help! / 454 New COVID-19 Cases, 268 Discharged And 12 Deaths On July 3 -(3355 Tested) / Photos Of Kano N2.8 Billion Giginyu Hospital & Equipment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.