Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:18 AM

Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better (175948 Views)

Between Ibra,Ronaldo And Messi Who has scored the most Spectacular Goals / Ronaldinho Vs Messi: Who Is Greatest?! / Mikel Obi, C.ronaldo, Fabregas And Messi. Who Is The Best? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by coogar: 12:45pm On Mar 26, 2012
usbcable:

question where in my comments did I say he was the fastest to score 100 goals.

chai na wa for you and your umbridled antogonism for CR.

o.k his scoring was amplified by the PK's.
is penalties amongst the sum total of goals that make messi the highest scoring barcelona player of all times?

ronaldo is the fastest to score 100 goals, medjal is brain-farting as usual.
it took ronaldo 2.5 seasons to score 100 goals. . . .it took langara 5 different seasons(14 yrs) to score 100 goals.
i accept the number of games played in the era of langara was way fewer and there was the world war in between his career
but who cares.

ronaldo has murdered la liga.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by usbcable(m): 12:48pm On Mar 26, 2012
medjai: I don't think it's fair to talk about Ronaldo's scoring records without mentioning how many of those goals are PK's. His scoring record is seriously amplified by PK's. . . .It puts everything into perspective.

Ronaldo isn't La Liga's fastest 100. Isidro Langara is.

question where in my comments did I say he was the fastest to score 100 goals.

chai na wa for you and your umbridled antogonism for CR.

o.k his scoring was amplified by the PK's.
is penalties amongst the sum total of goals that make messi the highest scoring barcelona player of all times?

and about isidro langara the guy was already playing for the club before it ws promoted to top flight division.
question will we count the matches he played for them whole real oviedo was in segunda division?
if yes then ronaldo did better than your acclaimed fadtest scorer.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by medjai(m): 9:19pm On Mar 26, 2012
coogar:

you always brain-fart. it's not ronaldo's fault messi is shyte at taking penalties.
it's just ronaldo has been 99% accurate with his kicks and messi fluffs his lines.

ronaldo has actually taken less penalties for real madrid than messi has taken for barcelona,
ronaldo's hit rate is 23 out of 24, whereas messi's hit rate is 20 out of 27 and yet you are blaming ronaldo for messi's inadequacy? grin grin grin
The issue isn't about Ronaldo's conversion ratio, it's about the insane amount of penalties Real Madrid get. Ronaldo has taken 24 penalties in 2.5 seasons, that's a crazy amount of penalties. How many penalties have United or any EPL team for that matter had in the last 2 1/2 seasons? 24 penalties in less than 3 seasons should be a record in itself. Messi 27 penalties in 6.5 seasons, Ronaldo 24 penalties in 2.5 seasons. . . it's absurd!

I'm not blaming Ronaldo for the amount of penalties Madrid get but no other player in the world profits from such largesse and it has hugely impacted the number of goals he has scored. Replace Ronaldo with Heskey in that team and his record would be just as good. . . . I just think we should consider all these before singing Ronaldo's praise to the rafters.

cristiano has scored 131 goals in 131 apps for real madrid and you are talking about penalties?
how many goals did messi score in his first 131 apps for barcelona?
Your question should be how old was Messi when he made his 131st appearance for Barça.

ronaldo is the fastest to score 100 goals, medjal is brain-farting as usual.
it took ronaldo 2.5 seasons to score 100 goals. . . .it took langara 5 different seasons(14 yrs) to score 100 goals.
i accept the number of games played in the era of langara was way fewer and there was the world war in between his career
but who cares.
Who cares if it took Langera
8 centuries? He's is the fastest to reach 100 goals in La Liga history. I read somewhere it took him 85 games to get to 100 goals. See coogar trying to change football rules. It's the not the number of years that matter but the number of games and in Langera's era, La Liga was not a 20 team league like we have it today so Langera played lesser games per season.

ronaldo has murdered la liga.
Is that how they murder a league in your village?

If Ronaldo has murdered La Liga then perhaps, we have to resort to an interpretative dance to describe what Messi has done to the same league because I don't think there's any word to describe that.

Murder La Liga? The same La Liga he's yet to win? Lol. Murder La Liga with only one Copa del Rey ? Lol. Even Kanoute has won multiple CDR.

Going by your logic, coogar, Ronaldo is yet to "cut it" in La Liga since he's yet to win a league title.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by eyoniggar(m): 9:43pm On Mar 26, 2012
Medjai u get time.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by usbcable(m): 10:14pm On Mar 26, 2012
langara is not the fastest to score 100 goals/

it actually is ronaldo. i just checked around and all facts indicate that ronaldo is actually the fastest.

isidro played matches in the second division for real oviedo for three years and three in the top flight
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by usbcable(m): 10:16pm On Mar 26, 2012
eyoniggar: Medjai u get time.

wetin you dey do for here. angry
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by medjai(m): 11:28pm On Mar 26, 2012
usbcable: langara is not the fastest to score 100 goals/

it actually is ronaldo. i just checked around and all facts indicate that ronaldo is actually the fastest.

isidro played matches in the second division for real oviedo for three years and three in the top flight

Between 1933/34 and 1949/50 season, Real Oviedo were in the Primera Liga.

Real Oviedo
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by coogar: 11:39pm On Mar 26, 2012
medjai: The issue isn't about Ronaldo's conversion ratio, it's about the insane amount of penalties Real Madrid get. Ronaldo has taken 24 penalties in 2.5 seasons, that's a crazy amount of penalties. How many penalties have United or any EPL team for that matter had in the last 2 1/2 seasons? 24 penalties in less than 3 seasons should be a record in itself. Messi 27 penalties in 6.5 seasons, Ronaldo 24 penalties in 2.5 seasons. . . it's absurd!

stop lying to yourself. messi wasn't the chief penalty taker under rijkaard.
the baton was passed from ronaldinho to samuel etoo. messi started taking penalties the same season ronaldo joined real madrid.
fact remains ronaldo is deadlier from the spot than messi. you support barcelona, these facts are not far-fetched. messi takes these penalties but he has missed more -

I'm not blaming Ronaldo for the amount of penalties Madrid get but no other player in the world profits from such largesse and it has hugely impacted the number of goals he has scored. Replace Ronaldo with Heskey in that team and his record would be just as good. . . . I just think we should consider all these before singing Ronaldo's praise to the rafters.

just as good? yet he's the first player to score more than 40 goals in la liga?
wipe your mouth, there must be blood residue beside your lips.

Your question should be how old was Messi when he made his 131st appearance for Barça.

who cares how old messi was when he made his 131st appearance.
ronaldo de lima won the best player of the year award at the age of 19.

Who cares if it took Langera
8 centuries? He's is the fastest to reach 100 goals in La Liga history. I read somewhere it took him 85 games to get to 100 goals. See coogar trying to change football rules. It's the not the number of years that matter but the number of games and in Langera's era, La Liga was not a 20 team league like we have it today so Langera played lesser games per season.

ronaldo is the fastest to reach 100 goals in la liga history. it took ronaldo just 2.5 seasons to reach 100 goals.
langera did it after 14 seasons because of the 9-yr war(world war 2 took place in between).

Is that how they murder a league in your village?

131 goals in 131 apps for real madrid.
you won't find such stats in any other part of the world(quality league or non-quality league).
even in england where people opined the defenders are useless, ronaldo didn't reach these dizzying heights.
he has murdered, conquered and shat on la liga. he won't be the first though. 3 ex-united players have cremated la liga but
the level ronaldo has taken it to is just outstanding!

If Ronaldo has murdered La Liga then perhaps, we have to resort to an interpretative dance to describe what Messi has done to the same league because I don't think there's any word to describe that.

messi does not have a ratio of 1 goal/game that ronaldo has.
messi wasn't the player that broke the pichichi record, ronaldo was. messi had been playing in that league for 4 seasons.
yet, ronaldo joined him there and have destroyed all the la liga goalscoring records.

Murder La Liga? The same La Liga he's yet to win? Lol. Murder La Liga with only one Copa del Rey ? Lol. Even Kanoute has won multiple CDR.

may is a few couple of weeks away. ronaldo would lift la liga this season.

Going by your logic, coogar, Ronaldo is yet to "cut it" in La Liga since he's yet to win a league title.

after winning the pichichi, broke the 40-league goal mark, the fastest player to score 100 league goals?
winning the title is no longer relevant. otherwise, pedro is a better striker than ronaldo.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by usbcable(m): 10:21am On Mar 27, 2012
medjai: Between 1933/34 and 1949/50 season, Real Oviedo were in the Primera Liga.

Real Oviedo
and how many goals and games did he play while in the second division for thesame club between 1930 and 1933
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by eyoniggar(m): 6:48pm On Mar 27, 2012
Medjai Sharon and burntcable knows the obvious. They are just twisting you to say more. Free um bro!
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by medjai(m): 5:53am On Mar 28, 2012
coogar:

stop lying to yourself. messi wasn't the chief penalty taker under rijkaard.
the baton was passed from ronaldinho to samuel etoo. messi started taking penalties the same season ronaldo joined real madrid.
fact remains ronaldo is deadlier from the spot than messi. you support barcelona, these facts are not far-fetched. messi takes these penalties but he has missed more -
Lying? It's you whose stats are dodgy. Messi has taken
9 penalties in the league since 08/09 and has scored 8. Ronaldo has taken 23 and scored 22.

Since 08/09, Barcelona have had 12 penalties in the league, Madrid have had 28. Compare with other teams: Chelsea have had 20 and Man Utd, 16, in the same period.

No other team in the world get as much penalties as Madrid. . . .And you are surprised Ronaldo is scoring a goal a game?

just as good? yet he's the first player to score more than 40 goals in la liga?
wipe your mouth, there must be blood residue beside your lips.
Replace Ronaldo with any decent striker and the records would be just as good.

Ronaldo has scored 35 goals(10 pks) from 2543 minutes in the league. Higuain, 18 goals from 1307 minutes.

Ronaldo is scoring a goal every 72.65 minutes, Higuain, a goal every 72.61 minutes.

If Higuain had played as much minutes as Ronaldo at that rate, he would have scored 35 goals, same as Ronaldo. If he had taken the 10 pks Ronaldo took this season, he would have scored 45 goals in the league or close to since he may not convert all.

If this Madrid team played for Higuain, like they do Ronaldo, he would easily be scoring 80 - 100 goals every season grin

who cares how old messi was when he made his 131st appearance.
ronaldo de lima won the best player of the year award at the age of 19.
Messi was 22 as at the time he made his 131st appearance for Barca, was Ronaldo scoring a goal a game when he was 22?

ronaldo is the fastest to reach 100 goals in la liga history. it took ronaldo just 2.5 seasons to reach 100 goals.
langera did it after 14 seasons because of the 9-yr war(world war 2 took place in between).
I don't understand why you insist on standing history on its head. Langara is La Liga's fastest 100. 14 years or 40 years or whatever, he scored 104 goals in 90 league appearances. Ronaldo, 101 goals in 91 league appearances.

Langara is the person that has played the least games to get to 100 La Liga goals - he's La Liga's fastest 100 cheesy

131 goals in 131 apps for real madrid.
you won't find such stats in any other part of the world(quality league or non-quality league).
even in england where people opined the defenders are useless, ronaldo didn't reach these dizzying heights.
he has murdered, conquered and shat on la liga. he won't be the first though. 3 ex-united players have cremated la liga but
the level ronaldo has taken it to is just outstanding!
Abegi! Let him win La Liga first before we talk about murder and cremation. He has not won the biggest prize in the league he supposedly murdered, isn't that funny?

And which ex United strikers? Hope RVN isn't one of them? He was hit and miss. Yeah, he won the Pichichi and Madrid won the league, but Barca were in transition that season. . . They chased him out with a cutlass in the end.

messi does not have a ratio of 1 goal/game that ronaldo has.
messi wasn't the player that broke the pichichi record, ronaldo was. messi had been playing in that league for 4 seasons.
yet, ronaldo joined him there and have destroyed all the la liga goalscoring records.
With all those freebies, even Heskey would be scoring a goal a game and break all types of record.

may is a few couple of weeks away. ronaldo would lift la liga this season.
Then lets save the ode until then.

after winning the pichichi, broke the 40-league goal mark, the fastest player to score 100 league goals?
winning the title is no longer relevant. otherwise, pedro is a better striker than ronaldo.
He isn't La Liga's fastest 100 and yeah, he needs to win a league title.

No league title, no "cutting it", why must we change the rules now?
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by medjai(m): 6:07am On Mar 28, 2012
usbcable:
and how many goals and games did he play while in the second division for thesame club between 1930 and 1933
There are no records for the number of goals he scored whilst playing in the 2nd division.

Here's the record of goals he scored in La Liga:

1933/34
Real Oviedo
La Liga

1934/35
1935/36
1946/47
1947/48
Total
The man is a legend. . . .Fastest 100

eyoniggar: Medjai Sharon and burntcable knows the obvious. They are just twisting you to say more. Free um bro!
No mind dem jare. They're just trolling. I'd stop feeding them.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by usbcable(m): 7:29am On Mar 28, 2012
langara played in.five seasons before reaching the hundred goal mark
and CR took four seasons.

so which is faster.

maybe you and eyoniggar need to stop eating whatever it is thats making you think otherwise.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by coogar: 11:51am On Mar 28, 2012
medjai: There are no records for the number of goals he scored whilst playing in the 2nd division.

Here's the record of goals he scored in La Liga:

The man is a legend. . . .Fastest 100

i am convinced you are one half-illiterate.
langera started in 1933/34 and scored his 100th goal in 1947/48
it took him 14 seasons to score 100 goals albeit fewer number of league games per season.
however, it took ronaldo just 2.5 seasons to score 100 goals. i ask again - who was faster?

No mind dem jare. They're just trolling. I'd stop feeding them.

you're the troll here who has been put in his place by claiming half of ronaldo's goals are penalties.
messi takes more penalties and misses more. ronaldo is dead accurate with his.
so there you go. . . .
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by medjai(m): 4:51pm On Mar 28, 2012
coogar:

i am convinced you are one half-illiterate.
langera started in 1933/34 and scored his 100th goal in 1947/48
it took him 14 seasons to score 100 goals albeit fewer number of league games per season.
however, it took ronaldo just 2.5 seasons to score 100 goals. i ask again - who was faster?

you're the troll here who has been put in his place by claiming half of ronaldo's goals are penalties.
messi takes more penalties and misses more. ronaldo is dead accurate with his.
so there you go. . . .
You didn't see my earlier post?
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by coogar: 4:56pm On Mar 28, 2012
medjai: You didn't see my earlier post?

i didn't see it.
but if you insist someone who took 14 seasons to score 100 la liga goals is faster than another player who completed
the same task before 3 seasons then you need to see your shrink.

nothing else shall be mentioned on this matter.

ronaldo rules la liga. he has taken the league apart with his goals
and this is a ronaldo who did not need gh-therapy/steroids to be a freak of nature.
ronaldo is natural, messi? mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by Sebhashtian: 1:44pm On Apr 12, 2012
Just putting it out there, Tony Hibbert is the worlds best player. Fact.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by coogar: 1:49pm On Apr 12, 2012

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by chic2pimp(m): 9:18pm On Apr 12, 2012
We can safely say Ronaldo has been worth every single penny paid for him by real madrid(judging by his performances on and off the pitch). Dude has been phenomenal.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by coogar: 4:31pm On Apr 22, 2012

cometh the hour, cometh the man!
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by chic2pimp(m): 11:40pm On Apr 24, 2012
The Race for this years FIFA BALLON D'OR is getting ever so interesting.

We all know the winner is always going to be either one of Ronaldo or Messi. Now suppose Real fail to get pass Bayern tomorrow, who do you think would be awarded the the Ballon D'or
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by coogar: 2:37am On Apr 25, 2012
chic2pimp: The Race for this years FIFA BALLON D'OR is getting ever so interesting.
We all know the winner is always going to be either one of Ronaldo or Messi. Now suppose Real fail to get pass Bayern tomorrow, who do you think would be awarded the the Ballon D'or

messi would still win it. forget the fact that he was the culprit that got barca eliminated.
dispossessed by lampard in london, missed a penalty in camp nou. people would remember his 70 goals this season.
his 14 goal-haul @ the champions league.

ronaldo would get nothing. people would opine he got lucky to win la liga title.
another stroke of luck because mourinho would face a terry-less chelsea in the final or
face hollywood fc without ribery/robben(who musta gotten injured before the final).
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by chic2pimp(m): 3:51pm On Apr 25, 2012
coogar:

messi would still win it. forget the fact that he was the culprit that got barca eliminated.
dispossessed by lampard in london, missed a penalty in camp nou. people would remember his 70 goals this season.
his 14 goal-haul @ the champions league.

ronaldo would get nothing. people would opine he got lucky to win la liga title.
another stroke of luck because mourinho would face a terry-less chelsea in the final or
face hollywood fc without ribery/robben(who musta gotten injured before the final).

Being sarcastic I see.......Tbh I think it's ronaldo's to loose.
He has La Liga all but sown up and is a step closer to his second pichichi in a row.
If Madrid can manage to squeeze past Munich tonight then he has all but won it.
Though I won't be surprised if the 2010 results repeat itself again.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by RuuDie(m): 11:35pm On Apr 25, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin

Christiano who
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by coogar: 11:56pm On Apr 25, 2012
RuuDie: grin grin grin grin grin

Christiano who

cristiano ronaldo!

2 goals scored in the semi-final tie against bayern.
messi scored a total of 0 goals in the semis.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by RuuDie(m): 12:10am On Apr 26, 2012
coogar:

cristiano ronaldo!

2 goals scored in the semi-final tie against bayern.
messi scored a total of 0 goals in the semis.

Messi could afford to score -3 (negative three) goals on tuesday and still finish ahead of Christy-Essien tongue grin

See 19yr old Alaba schooling the gay on how to play penal under pressure. . . .useless ta'rado tongue grin
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by coogar: 11:55am On Apr 26, 2012
RuuDie:

Messi could afford to score -3 (negative three) goals on tuesday and still finish ahead of Christy-Essien tongue grin

See 19yr old Alaba schooling the gay on how to play penal under pressure. . . .useless ta'rado tongue grin

conveniently forgetting ronaldo's first goal in the match was a penalty!
how much pressure was he on to score the first goal of the game?
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by RuuDie(m): 12:56pm On Apr 26, 2012
coogar:

conveniently forgetting ronaldo's first goal in the match was a penalty!
how much pressure was he on to score the first goal of the game?

None! That's why he scored. . . . but when the heat was cranked up ~ what happened!!!?
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by coogar: 1:37pm On Apr 26, 2012
RuuDie:

None! That's why he scored. . . . but when the heat was cranked up ~ what happened!!!?

real madrid were trailing 2-1 on aggregate. ronaldo's pen was 5 mins into the game.
and he was not under any pressure? in european semis?

this was a player that provided the assist in munich, scored a winner against barcelona @ camp nou.
scored a brace last night to draw his team level on aggregate and now he's pressured?

what has messi done in the last 8 days?
answers on a post card, please!!!
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by AjanleKoko: 5:51pm On Apr 26, 2012
It will be a close tie this year. But it's still open.
Messi is only one goal behind Ronaldo in the Pichichi race, and is likely to run away again as top scorer of UCL for a record 4th year, if Mario Gomez manages to keep himself from scoring in the final. Unfortunately, both Madrid and Barca have only each other to play again. Let's wait for the second half of the year, early part of the new season, before we can judge.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by AjanleKoko: 8:58am On May 07, 2012
Messi has raised the game this year, by smashing all the existing goal-scoring records, in Spain and the rest of Europe. His 50 goals make him the all time leading scorer in Spain, his 14 goals make him the highest goalscorer in the UCL, beating Van Nistelrooy's 12 goals. 72 goals in all in the season make him the highest goalscorer ever in European competition in a single season, shattering Gerd Muller's 38-year record.

This is despite not winning the domestic title this year, and missing out on the Champions League. Our boy may be set for a record 4th Ballon D'Or, unless Cristiano manages to pull an iron out of the fire and win the Euros (but we all know that's not gonna happen grin).
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by coogar: 1:33pm On May 07, 2012
AjanleKoko: Messi has raised the game this year, by smashing all the existing goal-scoring records, in Spain and the rest of Europe. His 50 goals make him the all time leading scorer in Spain, his 14 goals make him the highest goalscorer in the UCL, beating Van Nistelrooy's 12 goals. 72 goals in all in the season make him the highest goalscorer ever in European competition in a single season, shattering Gerd Muller's 38-year record.

This is despite not winning the domestic title this year, and missing out on the Champions League. Our boy may be set for a record 4th Ballon D'Or, unless Cristiano manages to pull an iron out of the fire and win the Euros (but we all know that's not gonna happen grin).

van nistelrooy scored `14 goals in 02/03 season champions league. although 2 of them were in the pre-qualifying games but it still counted.
enough of the arse-blowing of leo-messi.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England / Paris Saint-gemain FC Fan Thread: Les Rouge-et-bleu..."Revons plus grand" / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.