Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:53 AM

Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? (14474 Views)

What Do You Do When Your Spouse Lies To You / The Best Place To Meet A Spouse / Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by Luvdmx(m): 5:32am On Aug 29, 2014
cool
Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by NaLaugh: 5:34am On Aug 29, 2014
Drdreluv: Y not? Y are we married in de first place useless question

It won't sound like a useless question, when you come home to find your wife has murdered your 2 year old child for
interrupting her sex marathon with her 20 year old lover.

..and of course he was hitting it dougie when you walked in.

I bet you you would be like.. "aww honey, it's alright, why are we married in the first place"

2 Likes

Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by msmon(m): 5:36am On Aug 29, 2014
Hopefully I will be able to that, it's a different thing to think one can do something, it's another thing to actually do such.
Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by Nobody: 5:45am On Aug 29, 2014
Yes; unless he lays he's hands on me, or cheats.

1 Like

Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by Clone2020(m): 5:47am On Aug 29, 2014
You would stand by your spouse in public, but in private will inquire and investigate the situation with him or her
Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by Drdreluv: 5:55am On Aug 29, 2014
Abeg oooo dis will neva be my portion oooo ehe no be me goo jam dis kind woman......
NaLaugh:

It won't sound like a useless question, when you come home to find your wife has murdered your 2 year old child for
interrupting her sex marathon with her 20 year old lover.

..and of course he was hitting it dougie when you walked in.

I bet you you would be like.. "aww honey, it's alright, why are we married in the first place"
Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 6:00am On Aug 29, 2014
There are challenges in relationship,it requires maturity from the two parties
Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by Nobody: 6:02am On Aug 29, 2014
Yes! Yes, I would.

That's exactly what I'm doing now.
Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by NaLaugh: 6:09am On Aug 29, 2014
Drdreluv: Abeg oooo dis will neva be my portion oooo ehe no be me goo jam dis kind woman......

I hope it never happens to you, but i'm sure now you see the point of the OP's question.

It's quite easy for anyone to say "till death do us part," but what happens when shitt hits the fan.

1 Like

Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by Nobody: 6:14am On Aug 29, 2014
grin in order not to worry about the above, why not 'elect' your spouse who's been tried, tested and trusted.
Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by Nobody: 6:38am On Aug 29, 2014
That list was composed in Mordor - right in the ass_crack of hell, and almost directly below its armpit. All love is effectively conditional. I suppose one could love unconditionally and foolishly. I'm not sure I'm "one".

All I can say is, know who you're marrying.

1 Like

Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by kalishay: 6:40am On Aug 29, 2014
But not when he is about to kill mee cox I have to b alive to stand by him....but any odathing YES!!!
Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by allanphash7(m): 6:41am On Aug 29, 2014
infidelity? am sorry ooo, na to come pack her load oo and if na she catches me also na for me to pack my load cos i know say she go be the one to ask ontop wetin i dey pack go in as much i no carry d woman come house, know naija women now
Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by temitemi1(m): 6:42am On Aug 29, 2014
Yes n yes, any day, any time!
Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by Ukalejohn(m): 6:52am On Aug 29, 2014
Yea I will stand by her no matter what
Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by hippyzuki(f): 6:54am On Aug 29, 2014
From experience. It's not worth it. Any situation Thts not wrking 4 me. I don port cos honestly I don suffer. PS unless the situation isn't any of his fault o then we cn try to wrk something out

1 Like

Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by segradino(m): 7:08am On Aug 29, 2014
Why not...for better for worse,

Good news for smart phone users, u can get d cheapest data plan(MTN and Etisalat) for ur internet enabled devices why waste more when u can pay less for as low as N400 for 250mb...check dis out on this thread. www.nairaland.com/1852534/mtn-data-cheapest-rate#25391662
Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by iykedare(m): 7:09am On Aug 29, 2014
I cant stand a woman that wont workout. You cant be in my house and be gathering all the fat in the world.
secondly,a cheating woman should be disgraced accordingly. I would drag her out of my house and throw her things out from the window
Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by passionate88: 7:09am On Aug 29, 2014
zboyd: If it's true love, will you stick by your spouse, no matter what happens, or what they do?

Under what circumstances would you not?

...became abusive
...cheated
...was no longer a good father
...refused to work
...was convicted of a crime
...stole from me... among other things

@bolded, but you expect him to stand by his woman when she steals his money right?.
Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by Amhappy(f): 7:32am On Aug 29, 2014
Yes all things being equal afterall its for better for worse.
Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by Fringes(m): 7:38am On Aug 29, 2014
For as long as my wife holds on to Christ, who is the foundation of our existence and marriage, I'll stand by her in ANY circumstance.

I repeat 'ANY'; be it Infidelity or Disease - even if, God forbid, it were Ebola (she stood by me, cared for me and contracted chicken pox along the line from me -even while we were still dating), or anything...

My Bible says: For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God - yet God's love for us is indescribable.

Winners don' quit and quitters don't win BUT first make CHRIST (with full respects to Islam, African traditional and other forms of religion; I don't despise other religions/creed - as long as each man's conscience is alive) your cornerstone.

As a matter of fact, you'll find out that overbearing upheavals wouldn't happen in your marriage if you both hold on steadfast to Christ.

**We met via (not ON, but through) nairaland - but the road to marriage wasn't easy or roses-laid. We are best friends today!**

3 Likes

Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by Nobody: 8:04am On Aug 29, 2014
DukeNija: All these women shouting infidelity. Lol
So your man 'slips' just once and next thing you are running off! lmao yea right?!!
Really, dude?!

4 Likes

Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by kskpoundz(m): 8:09am On Aug 29, 2014
Let me quickly say dis.Not all men/women deserve that unless it will b wast of time. Have so many tyms stood by my gf.is it wen she was molested,wen I will meet her needs even more than her parent does,got her almost all she demanded.yet when we have misunderstanding,she wil tel me am nt d 1st guy dat has done dat neider wil I b d last if I leave. After sayin lots of silly tins to me,she wil com bak cry 4 4givnes.so therefore,frm my xperience wit dis my present spouse.I won't stand by her again even to the point death.some dnt deserve it.no for me if she becam abusive & a cheat

1 Like

Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by Tallesty1(m): 8:12am On Aug 29, 2014
zboyd: If it's true love, will you stick by your spouse, no matter what happens, or what they do?

Under what circumstances would you not?

...became abusive
...cheated
...was no longer a good father
...refused to work
...was convicted of a crime
...stole from me...among other things

So love isn't unconditional after all?
Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by blaKKy83(f): 8:12am On Aug 29, 2014
Bishop4bella: I can do all things through Christ who strenghten me.

Is only by His grace.
For your mind now u don comment
Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by Nobody: 8:44am On Aug 29, 2014
No, I will not but only in certain circumstances.

But my child, yes and without any reservation.

Those of us lucky (I chose this word specifically) enough to have gone through a divorce understands this completely and with total clarity.
Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by justinbravo: 8:57am On Aug 29, 2014
True Life Story
Recently a man paid his fiancee bride price according to law and custom, everything seemed rosy but before the church wedding, the church demands for medical exam like HIV, Pregnancy test and so on and so forth. AFTER the test it was discovered on the wedding day that the girl was pregnant, so everyone was like this guy na SHARP GUY but na that time my brother shout say HE NEVER DO THE THING BEFORE AND HE WAS WAITING TILL AFTER MARRIAGE. Na there AGBADA HOOK WIRE,
Church cancel wedding
Girl elope
My brother grown up man cry like small pickin
people go house
If na you WETIN YOU GO DO
till now we just dey observe
Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by freecocoa(f): 9:02am On Aug 29, 2014
Mba kwa biko, I ain't staying no matter what.
Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by zboyd: 9:05am On Aug 29, 2014
lofty900: even if she cheated, I'll still stick with her cos I know that if I cheat, she'll also stick with me

What if she gave you a STD, especially an incurable one like genital herpes or HIV?

Would you stay?

Would you expect her to stay with you, if you afflicted her in the same way?

And it's a definitely possibility, too.
Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by vm26: 9:20am On Aug 29, 2014
no i wont.is he my flesh and blood.anyone replaceable noooooooooo!!!!!!
Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by bedfordng(m): 9:43am On Aug 29, 2014
for better for worse if married, in movies
Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by fightforchange1(f): 9:47am On Aug 29, 2014
as long as it's legal I would.
grin cheesy wink
that.what marriage vows.r based on. duh!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Single Parenting: My Success Story / Yes! It Is True That Husband And Wife Look Alike After Many Years Together / Pictures From The Wake-Keeping Of Victims Of The NYC Car Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.