Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,286 members, 7,780,649 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:40 PM

Prosperity Gospel - How Often Is It Be Preached? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prosperity Gospel - How Often Is It Be Preached? (492 Views)

Did You Practice What Was Preached In The Church Last Sunday? / Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? / Jesus Also Preached Jihad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prosperity Gospel - How Often Is It Be Preached? by Nobody: 11:47am On Aug 28, 2014
Nowadays we see the sanctimonious and holier than thou churches mostly the pentecostal ones who commonly agree that prosperity preaching in the churches is evil... But how often should it be preached and is it neccessary that it should be preached in churches?

The truth is to be told that prosperity is the integral aspect of salvation.. Lets look at the bible

2 CORINTHIANS 8 VS 9. says '' for you all know the kindness of our lord Jesus Christ that despite the fact that He was riche, yet for our sakes He became poor, that you though His poverty might be rich . This includes physical and spiritual richness.. Jesus came for us to be made rich in Him. Hence poverty for a child of God is unwelcome.. But these so called infallible mama an papa of the churches keep on holding to the view that prosperity gospel is from the pit of hell.. How? Must a christian suffer? because those that are poor are likely to be tempted to steal, tell lies etc.
The biblical king david said in proverbs 30 vs 8 '' remove from me poverty lest i be poor and steal and take the name of God in vain.....
I really think prosperity should be included in the sermons as through it can we obligate our charitable and philantropic obligations as a child of the rich God must not suffer in penury.

Conclusively i finalise the thread with the words of apostle paul in philipians 4 vs 19 - But my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.. Amen
share in your opinions
Re: Prosperity Gospel - How Often Is It Be Preached? by uboma(m): 1:30pm On Aug 28, 2014
ProphetUdeme: Nowadays we see the sanctimonious and holier than thou churches mostly the pentecostal ones who commonly agree that prosperity preaching in the churches is evil... But how often should it be preached and is it neccessary that it should be preached in churches?

The truth is to be told that prosperity is the integral aspect of salvation.. Lets look at the bible

2 CORINTHIANS 8 VS 9. says '' for you all know the kindness of our lord Jesus Christ that despite the fact that He was riche, yet for our sakes He became poor, that you though His poverty might be rich . This includes physical and spiritual richness.. Jesus came for us to be made rich in Him. Hence poverty for a child of God is unwelcome.. But these so called infallible mama an papa of the churches keep on holding to the view that prosperity gospel is from the pit of hell.. How? Must a christian suffer? because those that are poor are likely to be tempted to steal, tell lies etc.
The biblical king david said in proverbs 30 vs 8 '' remove from me poverty lest i be poor and steal and take the name of God in vain.....
I really think prosperity should be included in the sermons as through it can we obligate our charitable and philantropic obligations as a child of the rich God must not suffer in penury.

Conclusively i finalise the thread with the words of apostle paul in philipians 4 vs 19 - But my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.. Amen
share in your opinions

What were the teachings of Jesus Christ while on earth? Was it about prosperity You guys don't get it, do you? Brainwashing your followers with the message of prosperity. Of what use is the prosperity if one does not have a good standing with God? Will prosperity lead you to salvation?

2 Likes

Re: Prosperity Gospel - How Often Is It Be Preached? by DrummaBoy(m): 1:39pm On Aug 28, 2014
This "prophet" is hungry

2 Likes

Re: Prosperity Gospel - How Often Is It Be Preached? by uboma(m): 1:49pm On Aug 28, 2014
DrummaBoy: This "prophet" is hungry

Exactly...

Look around the churches that dwell so much on the message of prosperity, you will find out that about 80% of their followers are living from hand to mouth. Yet, they brainwash these naive followers to part with the little they have all in the name of contribution for the church.

Its really a pitiable situation...

1 Like

Re: Prosperity Gospel - How Often Is It Be Preached? by emmyskies(m): 8:21pm On Sep 02, 2014
Simply because prosperity gospel is bad and they neglect Holiness, which is the most important thing above every other thing.
Or don't ye all know it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of GOD?

(1) (Reply)

The Grace-advantage! / Mystery Of The Pregnant Pope / Testimony From Albania Priest Moves Pope To Tears

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.