Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,521 members, 7,808,899 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:57 PM

BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! (7351 Views)

GEJ recieves book from Reno / Dolapo Osinbajo Gets Emotional At HID Awolowo's Lying In State / Wedding Invitation Card Of Gen. Gowon In 1969 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by onoja12: 2:12am On Aug 29, 2014
am amazed,are you denying the fact that major kaduna uzogu plotted an all easterners coup,or you are trying to deny that the first coup in Nigeria where plotted by igbo people,or are you trying to deny that the first military head of state in Nigeria is an igbo man,what brings awolowo into the matter,yes he may have given some backing but i can assure you,he had no direct active role in the coup because i can remember he was penciled down to be killed in that coup,before the Yoruba officers involved brought him in.like i said study with an open mind,not a tribalistic heart,or bad blood,if the youth can do away with the mess the old men have brought on them by there greed,Nigeria would be a great nation,if not the greatest

tit:

do not remain in ignorance.
let me give you an assignment.
for what offence was awolowo sentenced to life in Calabar prison before he was pardoned by General Gowon?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by raumdeuter: 2:26am On Aug 29, 2014
tit:

for what offence was awolowo sentenced to life in Calabar prison before he was pardoned by General Gowon?

When was the date of this Awolowo coup, How does a civilian plan a coup
Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by NaijirianKing: 3:21am On Aug 29, 2014
Thoughts?
Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by NaijirianKing: 3:22am On Aug 29, 2014
Thoughts?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by NaijirianKing: 3:23am On Aug 29, 2014
Thoughts?
Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by raumdeuter: 3:31am On Aug 29, 2014
NaijirianKing: The Webster's dictionary defines a coup d'état as the sudden and illegal seizure of a government, usually instigated by a small group of the existing state establishment to depose the established government and replace it with a new ruling body, civil or military.

So any small group that illegally forces a government in power out through non-democratic means has committed a coup.

How would a group of civilian plan a coup

Can you post the link to the Webster dictionary you quoted?
Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by engrfcuksmtin(m): 3:36am On Aug 29, 2014
MailSA: Pls don't quote people wrongly! Mr Nwodo said "I acknowledge the presence of former head of state Gen Yakubu Gowon, I remembered how he gave us seats after the civil war when we were sitting on blocks to learn in our classrooms in his bid to recocile all agrieved." That means Gowon provided seats for them to stop sitting on blocks. Stop inciting people!
May the Good Lord be with you and your family....WELL TO THE OP SMH
manck: [size=18pt]Look at the list of former nigeria leader.. they had no university education , so basically nigeria was like animal farm.
Tafawa Balewa ( No university degree)
Major-General Johnson Aguiyi-Ironsi ( No university degree)
General Yakubu Gowon ( No university degree)
General Murtala Mohammed ( No university degree)
Major-General Olusegun Obasanjo ( No university degree)
Shehu Shagari ( No university degree)
Major-General Muhammadu Buhari ( No university degree)
General Ibrahim Babangida ( No university degree)
General Sani Abacha ( No university degree)
General Abdulsalami Abubakar ( No university degree)
[/size]
And did the one that has UNIVERSITY DEGREE put food on the table of common man?
Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by tit(f): 5:04am On Aug 29, 2014
raumdeuter:

How would a group of civilian plan a coup

Can you post the link to the Webster dictionary you quoted?

that is a question you should ask Baba Awolowo (the chief planner), and his co-conspirators like Enahoro, who where all sent on life jail in calabar.
You can also direct your question to the Honorable Tafawa Balewa who accused Baba Awolowo of plotting to blow up the federal government as well as one-half of Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by Nobody: 5:26am On Aug 29, 2014
MailSA: Pls don't quote people wrongly! Mr Nwodo said "I acknowledge the presence of former head of state Gen Yakubu Gowon, I remembered how he gave us seats after the civil war when we were sitting on blocks to learn in our classrooms in his bid to recocile all agrieved." That means Gowon provided seats for them to stop sitting on blocks. Stop inciting people!
John Nnaia Nwodo never mentioned seats but blocks, I wonder where u kept your ears.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by agamenon(m): 5:35am On Aug 29, 2014
Please is it true that Gowan originally is a Igbo man but that his grate grand father who is from Abakaliki,Ebonyi state but settled in Plateau state about two hundred years ago.
Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by agamenon(m): 5:42am On Aug 29, 2014
Dikeoha is not inteligent.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by Nobody: 6:39am On Aug 29, 2014
Donmarrius: Report reaching us from the AIT live televised Missa Pro defunctis,of the late Amazon Dora Akunyili,has it that John Nnia Nwodo,gave the ex-Nigerian military head of state,Gen.Gowon,who has accusation of genocide hanging on him,due to his role in overseeing the extermination of over 3.5million Biafra women and children,a traumatizing emotional punch,when he Nwodo,in the cause of welcoming the crème de la crème,in the society,who came for the Missa pro defunctis of the late Amazon,told Gowon ;

"Gowon, i remember
you gave us blocks to sit
down in classrooms
after the war, you really
meant to reconcile us,
thank you".

This was actually a punch of the century,on the personality of the alleged genocidist,who has been doing all he can of late,to get integrated into the wider Igbo society,knowning quite well,how formidable,Igbos has become in all stratas of life,both within and outside Nigeria,after the 30months civil war.
The trauma-filled emotional punch,has been viewed,to stem from the blunt refusal of Gowon,to pursue the 3R's of Rehabilitation,Reintegration,and Reconstruction policies of the Federal Government of Nigeria,after declaring No Victor,No Vanquished,immediately after the war.

The question now is,is Gowon going to remorsefully make amends,and in what way?.

The floor is open for debate.
No Insults!!
go and sleep

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by gratieao: 7:10am On Aug 29, 2014
Let forget the past and plan 4 the future.
Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by donmalcolm21(m): 9:41am On Aug 29, 2014
cbrass: It would have been nice he kept his moutch shot...inferiority complex always the issues with an average flatee grin
. You will be banned next time if you dare to make any Gbagun again tongue
cbrass: It would have been nice he kept his moutch shot...inferiority complex always the issues with an average flatee grin
. You will be banned next time if you dare to make any Gbagun again
Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by beejaymoore(m): 10:45am On Aug 29, 2014
NaijirianKing: The
Webster's dictionary defines a coup d'état as the sudden and illegal
seizure of a government, usually instigated by a small group of the
existing state establishment to depose the established government and
replace it with a new ruling body, civil or military.

So any small group that illegally forces a government in power out
through non-democratic means has committed a coup.

Thanks! never knew

1 Like

Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by asadike(f): 11:45am On Aug 29, 2014
i heard that when he made d statement, d igbo dignitaries present were grining 4rm ear to ear. Chai, shame go catch gowon o.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by uzoexcel(m): 12:32pm On Aug 29, 2014
the painful thing is that Gowon had the chance and sole opportunity to make nigeria a formiddable and great nation in world reckoning...i guess he lost the plot...i heard though i cant confirm that he once said 'nigeria has so much money and i dont know what to do with it' and he also started paying the salaries of neighboring western african countries...
sad sad sad!!!!!
Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by Nobody: 12:52pm On Aug 29, 2014
tit:

U just proved that ur parent shouldn't have sent u to school

1 Like

Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by onoja12: 1:30pm On Aug 29, 2014
my there friend,you are avoiding issues and speaking English,in Nigeria coups are and can only be carried out by military personal in this case of igbo extraction,this are the facts,lesson to learn love you nabours as yourself for does planning hatred are the once lying to you,so you can destroy your own country

NaijirianKing: The Webster's dictionary defines a coup d'état as the sudden and illegal seizure of a government, usually instigated by a small group of the existing state establishment to depose the established government and replace it with a new ruling body, civil or military.

So any small group that illegally forces a government in power out through non-democratic means has committed a coup.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by cbrass(m): 5:11pm On Aug 29, 2014
donmalcolm21: . You will be banned next time if you dare to make any Gbagun again tongue. You will be banned next time if you dare to make any Gbagun again

By who pls and for what
Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by Nobody: 6:13pm On Aug 29, 2014
agamenon: Dikeoha is not inteligent.
I will pardon your stupidity.
Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by meforyou1(m): 6:24pm On Aug 29, 2014
Even Japan, who didn't commit up to one-tenth of the war crimes gowon, obasanjo, awolowo and adekunle committed, has apologised for their 2nd world war atrocities. Gowon is just postponing the evil day, because one day he, his children or his grand children must apologise to the igbos for the genocide he committed against us. We are igbos, we never forget. And so we say, never again shall such evil be meted against us without a ten-fold retaliation.
Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by meforyou1(m): 6:27pm On Aug 29, 2014
raumdeuter:

When was the date of this Awolowo coup, How does a civilian plan a coup
guy, civilians plot coups too. In Madagascar, a former club dj, turned mayor, planned coup and ousted the immediate former president.
Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by meforyou1(m): 6:29pm On Aug 29, 2014
asadike: i heard that when he made d statement, d igbo dignitaries present were grining 4rm ear to ear. Chai, shame go catch gowon o.
if I were there, I would have physically bundled him out of the hall
Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by Lordlexyy: 6:52pm On Aug 29, 2014
meforyou1: Even Japan, who didn't commit up to one-tenth of the war crimes gowon, obasanjo, awolowo and adekunle committed, has apologised for their 2nd world war atrocities. Gowon is just postponing the evil day, because one day he, his children or his grand children must apologise to the igbos for the genocide he committed against us. We are igbos, we never forget. And so we say, never again shall such evil be meted against us without a ten-fold retaliation.
Always never ready to learn. And who will apologise for the mass killing of their elder statemen by the Igbo soldiers? Crying wolf when there's none. You threathen a whole country with civil war and you expect its forces to treat you with kid gloves. B4 a man embark on an assignment he calculate the cost, failure to do that, he will be tagged unreasonable.

7 Likes

Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by Lordlexyy: 6:54pm On Aug 29, 2014
meforyou1: if I were there, I would have physically bundled him out of the hall
You need to check and evaluate your mental status.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by meforyou1(m): 7:02pm On Aug 29, 2014
Lordlexyy: Always never ready to learn. And who will apologise for the mass killing of their elder statemen by the Igbo soldiers? Crying wolf when there's none. You threathen a whole country with civil war and you expect its forces to treat you with kid gloves. B4 a man embark on an assignment he calculate the cost, failure to do that, he will be tagged unreasonable.
who threatened who with civil war? If you don't know history, go and read it. The first coup termed an igbo coup when the mastermind was one yoruba man called ademuyigan? Read ademuyigan's "why we struck". Killing of about a million Igbo's in the north and lagos. And do u know of the "aburi accord"? which the federal govt signed and then reneged on? Read about the evils done to the igbos and the build up to war. And u see how we were pushed to the war, and would have actually won it if not that ojukwu released awolowo from prison and awolowo turned to a back-biting saboteur. Don't forget to read achebe's "there was a country".

1 Like

Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by PhockPhockMan: 7:08pm On Aug 29, 2014
Shaaarraaaaap, were you there?
Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by meforyou1(m): 7:08pm On Aug 29, 2014
Lordlexyy: You need to check and evaluate your mental status.
you are the one who is supposed to go check your mental asap. Those your nuts are loosing but you don't know
Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by Nobody: 7:45pm On Aug 29, 2014
This thread is misinformative and serves no useful purpose.
Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by jamace(m): 10:08pm On Aug 29, 2014
OP, what is your intention? To cause another civil war?
You better be mature.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by aurenflani: 11:33pm On Aug 29, 2014
manck: [size=18pt]Look at the list of former nigeria leader.. they had no university education , so basically nigeria was like animal farm.

Tafawa Balewa ( No university degree)
Major-General Johnson Aguiyi-Ironsi ( No university degree)
General Yakubu Gowon ( No university degree)
General Murtala Mohammed ( No university degree)
Major-General Olusegun Obasanjo ( No university degree)
Shehu Shagari ( No university degree)
Major-General Muhammadu Buhari ( No university degree)
General Ibrahim Babangida ( No university degree)
General Sani Abacha ( No university degree)
General Abdulsalami Abubakar ( No university degree)
[/size]

What is the animal saying?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

apologies, thread retracted. / Demilitarise Africa, End Foreign Military Bases, Peacepro Tasks AU / MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.