Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,881 members, 7,806,545 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:04 PM

School Resumption And Ebola Scare. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / School Resumption And Ebola Scare. (505 Views)

Ebola: No School Resumption Today In Lagos, 14 Other States - See List Of States / Niger State Extends School Resumption Date To October 10. / Final School Resumption Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

School Resumption And Ebola Scare. by midetinz(m): 5:58pm On Aug 28, 2014
Let me start by saying I stand to be corrected,but in reality i do not see the objective link between suspending school resumption till october 13th.
The government in recent times are so fond of hypes and gaining cheap popularity instead of tackling issues from the origin.
A lot of us might argue that stalling resumption could logically reduce the risk of ebola spread but I doubt if we have the end in mind. Reality is when there are disease outbreak, nipping it in the bud seems a more objecrive solution.
Money is the root of all evil but POVERTY is the remnant root. If only government could tackle poverty, a lot of African dis might as well be adequately managed. I'll pass for an average Nigerian and I know that part of my dinning and toilet kits are air freshner and hand wash/sanitisers. Having ate ram meat and goat meat, I wonder why on earth someone will venture into bats, monkeys or all other animals ideally tagged as endangeredd species.
You don't cut a head to justify an ache. Stopping the kids from resumption doesn't stop them from intermingling at home, hence the lack of objectivity Relevence embarked upon by Shekau.
Tackle poverty and the citizens will know it's key to have sanitizers@ home, leave endeangered species alone and proffessionals are well kitted to assess emergencies. How do someone on a salary of 10,000 ever think of buying glove, sanitizer or leave innocent birds alone? Indeed a hungry man is a mad man.I never knew the several millions approved on the Ebola outbreak was there all the while, wouldn't we rather tackle poverty?
A froceful 5weeks extension from coaching classes is just enough to cripple individual retention in these kids, I personally think it's not fair to jeopardise/make a shift in the future leaders plan for reason of national incapability.
Re: School Resumption And Ebola Scare. by Adegite5(m): 10:14pm On Aug 28, 2014
A nice write up for a gud debate, but I doubt its recognition cus most of them at the top have never for once experience poverty, maybe thats why they never know means of eradicating it instead of kneading it.

(1) (Reply)

Translate To Queen's English. / 10 Universities Abroad That Offer Free Science Courses Online / Should Schools Resume?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.