Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,919 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:16 AM

A Saint's Death-(a Play By Seezzy) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Saint's Death-(a Play By Seezzy) (839 Views)

A Saint In Disguise / ANOTHER WEDDING.......A Play (sequel To Just Wedded) / Stage Performance Of The Woman Of Calabar, A Play By Elechi Amadi. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Saint's Death-(a Play By Seezzy) by Seezzy(m): 8:35pm On Aug 28, 2014
Characters
Major Jomi(a retired soldier)
John(his friend)
Bukata(major's servant)
Pa Sumonu(an elderly man)
Mrs Jomi(major's wife)
Olodo(major's son)
Youths
Villagers
Crowd.
Settings
Around the nineties(90s).
Major Jomi's house(one of the best at that time) a plastered, but old duplex; pre colonial and post colonial era gadgets and home appliances,such as a black and white television,gramophone etc.

Pardon me guys I'm a newbie in Drama.
Updates coming soon!

Acts 1
At Major Jomi's house.
Major Jomi: Imaging that pa sumonu doing 'yanga' with his cheap vespa(now shouting after seeing Mrs Jomi). I have a Volkswagen beetle in my garage....
Mrs Jomi: (interrupting him) Papa Olodo wetin happen again?
Major Jomi: (still ranting) bloody civilians! I will teach him what i taught the Germans in the world war II. What i did Burma and Vietnam. I will bundle him to the barracks....
(enters Mr John. A tall man, younger than the Major. He is wearing a colonial era coat. He is respected by the major)
Mr John: Hullo Major!(Major still ranting) What happened Major? Why are you vexed?
Major Jomi: Is it not that bloody civilian called Pa Sumonu... He saw my driving my Volkswagen beetle this morning...you get me?...He just shouted,' take your jalopy comot for road jor'. And the fool his driving a second handed, if not third hand vespa.....
Mr John: (interrupting him the major) Haba Major! By now you should have known that illiteracy is seriously disturbing Pa Sumonu.
Major Jomi: (now happy,but shouting) Bukata! Bukata!! Where is this lazy servant of mine... Bukata!!!
(enters Bukata. An illiterate trying to behave like the colonial masters)
Bukata: Sah...Sah...Sah! Sun Sah! Bukata reporting for eighty-three battalion Sah.
Major Jomi: Get me a keg of palm wine so i can wash away my sadness...(Bukata now racing to bring it) Fast o
Bukata: (shouting from afar) Yes Sah!
Mr John: The Major! I think it would be better if you employ Pa Sumonu as your gate man...you no the situation is very hard in the country...
Major Jomi: Eh?... Me take that mad man? I don't need him. I get war experience! Who can attack a whole major that led a battalion that was massacred,yet nothing happened to him...(noticing that John had been laughing all along) Why are you laughing?
Mr John: (still laughing) the major! So your entire battalion was massacred? How did you survive if you hadn't taken to your heels. I am encouraged by your 'brevity'...
Major Jomi: Don't start o
Mr John: Major truth be told you need to employ him...
Major Jomi: Oya come begin waka!
Mr John: Aurevoir Major!(Mr John walks out. Olodo enters frowning)
Major Jomi: Son,why is you face as strong as Olumo rock? Tell me who offended you,the son of a war veteran-Major Jomi.
Olodo: Daddy is it not that Pa Sumonu, i saw him on my way home. He called me son of a runaway soldier...
Major Jomi: (interrupting him) ...what! What did you do to him?
Olodo: ...eh. Daddy,why should i attack an elderly man like Pa Sumonu...
Major Jomi: (surprised at the level of Olodo's intelligence, stands arms akimbo, remains speechless for a while)... Olodo, you have spoken well. You can go and have your launch.(enters Bukata)
Bukata: Sure sah!(Mimicking military's salute)
Major Jomi: Yes! Who called you? Did i call you?
Bukata: (scratching his head,confused and sweating profusiously) Sahhhh...i think say...
Major Jomi: Come on leave this place jare,fool!
Bukata: Yes sah!(runs out instantly)

To be continued.

(1) (Reply)

The Upper Room / Free Writing Contests / "I'm S**ually Starving"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.