Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,929 members, 7,806,692 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:01 PM

My Dad Still Don’t Support My Music With All Of My Fame And Money — Olamide - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / My Dad Still Don’t Support My Music With All Of My Fame And Money — Olamide (2794 Views)

''my Smile Got Me My Fame''; Amvca Winner, Kehinde Bankole Shares New Photos / Paul Okoye & Anita Years Ago Before Fame And Fortune (pics) / My Dad Still Don’t Support My Music—olamide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Dad Still Don’t Support My Music With All Of My Fame And Money — Olamide by Afriface: 8:35pm On Aug 28, 2014
Olamide, has revealed that his decision to go into music made his father against him.
According to the artiste, he had to defy his father’s stance of him not doing music because music was all he wanted to do.

He said though his mother was silent about his choice of career, she later accepted the fact that he is doing well, stating that his dad is still not in support him.

Olamide explained that since the father does not support him, he is now a man and has the right to make his own decisions.

Speaking on why he releases his songs in rush, the rapper explained that he does that because he always

http://www.tundeola.com/2014/08/my-dad-still-dont-support-my-music-with.html

Re: My Dad Still Don’t Support My Music With All Of My Fame And Money — Olamide by Mskrisx(f): 8:46pm On Aug 28, 2014
Y na?
Re: My Dad Still Don’t Support My Music With All Of My Fame And Money — Olamide by JEITO: 9:47pm On Aug 28, 2014
Omo Anifowose....

even the owo no fit move popsy sef.

Talk about men with plans for their kids...

1 Like

Re: My Dad Still Don’t Support My Music With All Of My Fame And Money — Olamide by Dygeasy(m): 10:40pm On Aug 28, 2014
JEITO: Omo Anifowose....

even the owo no fit move popsy sef.

Talk about men with plans for their kids...
_Bullshit!

Make my mama wake up tomorrow morning con tell me say she get plan for me. How she wan take talk am sef?

I have never thought of what I'd like my kids to do/be and I don't intend doing so.
Re: My Dad Still Don’t Support My Music With All Of My Fame And Money — Olamide by Nobody: 1:18am On Aug 29, 2014
i kinda understand the father's stand.......especially if his kid believes that having a few hit in the "African" music industry is "it". wtf?! the day he sets up a LIFELONG mean of supporting himself then he can expect his father to be proud/supporting him, but lets be real here, how many of these artist (especially African ones) do you know that can go the distance?!

is it not here on NL that every other week we hear of an artist or actor who is dead broke and in need of some financial help from the public for medical attention?! a fool will remain a fool, whether rich or poor. most of these artists dont have a clue about money so they spend like there is no tomorrow and find themselves BROKE a few yrs down the line. it is even harder for the African artists because the credit/mortgage system is not as good as in the west (so the money dries up faster).
Re: My Dad Still Don’t Support My Music With All Of My Fame And Money — Olamide by hensben(m): 3:04am On Aug 29, 2014
MRbrownJAY: i kinda understand the father's stand.......especially if his kid believes that having a few hit in the "African" music industry is "it". wtf?! the day he sets up a LIFELONG mean of supporting himself then he can expect his father to be proud/supporting him, but lets be real here, how many of these artist (especially African ones) do you know that can go the distance?!

is it not here on NL that every other week we hear of an artist or actor who is dead broke and in need of some financial help from the public for medical attention?! a fool will remain a fool, whether rich or poor. most of these artists dont have a clue about money so they spend like there is no tomorrow and find themselves BROKE a few yrs down the line. it is even harder for the African artists because the credit/mortgage system is not as good as in the west (so the money dries up faster).

bro, we talking money n u talking nansense

1 Like

Re: My Dad Still Don’t Support My Music With All Of My Fame And Money — Olamide by blacksta(m): 3:55am On Aug 29, 2014
Never seat on your car...you leave scratches behind...it is not a freaking chair...
Re: My Dad Still Don’t Support My Music With All Of My Fame And Money — Olamide by Nobody: 9:27am On Aug 29, 2014
hensben: bro, we talking money n u talking nansense

of course you are talking money, because you cluelessly believe that the minute you make some little chicken change, your father should be proud of you regardless of what the future may bring (especially with a profession as unstable as singer/rapper in Africa lol)

the day you acquire wealth that A) cannot be bought B) cannot be lost or C) can provide for all you and your family's needs for a minimum of the next 5yrs, then you can expect your father to be proud of you.

but hey, when we have the majority of people in 9ja that think that having a $50K Range is the basic of success, then we all know there is a HUGE PROBLEM here.
Re: My Dad Still Don’t Support My Music With All Of My Fame And Money — Olamide by amakufrancis(m): 10:01am On Aug 29, 2014
ayah, bad 4 him.
Re: My Dad Still Don’t Support My Music With All Of My Fame And Money — Olamide by hensben(m): 10:30am On Aug 29, 2014
MRbrownJAY:

of course you are talking money, because you cluelessly believe that the minute you make some little chicken change, your father should be proud of you regardless of what the future may bring (especially with a profession as unstable as singer/rapper in Africa lol)

the day you acquire wealth that A) cannot be bought B) cannot be lost or C) can provide for all you and your family's needs for a minimum of the next 5yrs, then you can expect your father to be proud of you.

but hey, when we have the majority of people in 9ja that think that having a $50K Range is the basic of success, then we all know there is a HUGE PROBLEM here.
yeah! I got you, I am just kidding though....no offence.
Re: My Dad Still Don’t Support My Music With All Of My Fame And Money — Olamide by ceysaga: 12:07pm On Aug 29, 2014
Singing in Olamide's voice "Story for the gods, the gods oooo". ;DSinging in Olamide's voice "Story for the gods, the gods oooo".
Re: My Dad Still Don’t Support My Music With All Of My Fame And Money — Olamide by Lindajohn(f): 12:54pm On Aug 29, 2014
blacksta: Never seat on your car...you leave scratches behind...it is not a freaking chair...
wetin dis one knw say in dy talk, olamide na car? We dy talk beter tin u dy talk about scratch... Mtcheww
Re: My Dad Still Don’t Support My Music With All Of My Fame And Money — Olamide by JEITO: 3:57pm On Aug 29, 2014
Dygeasy: _Bullshit!

Make my mama wake up tomorrow morning con tell me say she get plan for me. How she wan take talk am sef?

I have never thought of what I'd like my kids to do/be and I don't intend doing so.
the fact that you haven't thought of it, doesn't deny the fact that most Nigerian parents do that for their kids. Even though most don't end up materialising.

(1) (Reply)

Teenage Girl Runs Away From Home With Her Boyfriend In Lagos / Top Ten Richest Nigerian Actors... / Like Dbanj,sony Officially Puts Davido's Name On List Of Sony Music Artists(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.