Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,715 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

FG Pay Upgrade Agreement With Doctors Should Be Halted. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / FG Pay Upgrade Agreement With Doctors Should Be Halted. (839 Views)

Doctors should read this : Blood pressure management rethink. / Male Doctors Should Stop Pertaking In Pregnancy Check Up. / Nigerian Doctors Should Be Killed By Hanging For Practicing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Pay Upgrade Agreement With Doctors Should Be Halted. by snipesdam(m): 9:54pm On Aug 28, 2014
Following the recent events with Ebola issues in PORTHARCOURT, and going contrary to ethics that govern the code of conduct of medical doctors. All pay upgrade agreements with FG should be halted because these so called doctors are GREEDY and can't uphold their code conduct simply by reporting a case of Ebola by just one patient and avoiding risking the life of fellow citizens.

The doctors have fail in this ordeal.
Salaries should be reduced by 10% also and salaries of nurses increased.

Share your thoughts on this.......
Re: FG Pay Upgrade Agreement With Doctors Should Be Halted. by snipesdam(m): 10:11pm On Aug 28, 2014
I believe everyone must have heard how Dr. Ike Samuel Enuma secretly treated the ivorian diplomat and was infected in process. It's believe the doctor was paid a good some of money to buy his silence and put his career in jeopardy. If only he wasn't and held up the medical code of conduct there by reporting this case. I believe this Ebola cases in Nigeria would have been said to be contained.
Re: FG Pay Upgrade Agreement With Doctors Should Be Halted. by phantom(m): 10:15pm On Aug 28, 2014
people just post rubbish on nairaland.
the said doctor was in private practice not government and secondly he had no idea he was treating an ebola patient.
that diplomat is suspected to have hidden vital history of information from the doctor

1 Like

Re: FG Pay Upgrade Agreement With Doctors Should Be Halted. by snipesdam(m): 10:20pm On Aug 28, 2014
phantom: people just post rubbish on nairaland.
the said doctor was in private practice not government and secondly he had no idea he was treating an ebola patient.
that diplomat is suspected to have hidden vital history of information from the doctor

Where you there to confirm he didn't know?
You just don't how secretive someone could be.
Re: FG Pay Upgrade Agreement With Doctors Should Be Halted. by phantom(m): 7:45am On Aug 29, 2014
snipesdam:

bros I am closer to the family than you think.
it was the wife who even called the authorities.
Iyke had no idea he was treating ebola because the diplomat in question was showing mild symptoms.
Re: FG Pay Upgrade Agreement With Doctors Should Be Halted. by Nobody: 8:48am On Aug 29, 2014
snipesdam:
You believe he took that risk for money?And you think this doctor took the risk of treating the said patient without wearing a PPE? For how much?? Don't let your hatred for doctors becloud your judgement.

1 Like

Re: FG Pay Upgrade Agreement With Doctors Should Be Halted. by widowhusband: 9:56am On Aug 29, 2014
the best thing is to try and attend to all patient with ppd, but even then its not easy to consistently eliminate contagion.eg will u disinfect the exam couch,chair,doorknob ,table each time different pple touch it? even glove is not freely available now one has to keep requesting for it. all d same lets just add more caution. To all health workers God bless and keep u
Re: FG Pay Upgrade Agreement With Doctors Should Be Halted. by phantom(m): 10:07am On Aug 29, 2014
many private hospitals in PH have started refusing admission for febrile patients
Re: FG Pay Upgrade Agreement With Doctors Should Be Halted. by jpphilips(m): 10:08am On Aug 29, 2014
phantom: people just post rubbish on nairaland.

Mr Phantom, he knows, Sawyer's test report came out on the 22nd July 2014 and it was announced, Dr Ike was treating the diplomat since the 5th of August, even if he claims not to know, Liberia + Sawyer + hemorrhagic fever should add up to Ebola, ( he is a professional for fvcks sakes) he was paid good money for that and people who know him have confirmed that, you said you know him too, why dont you pull some strings to get some facts.

Do you know that it was Dr Ike who invited the Diplomat to PH? if he doesn't know he had Ebola, he should just admit him in his hospital, but to avoid any suspicion, he checked him in a hotel and was treating him there. Since when has it become a normal practice to be treating patients with hemorrhagic fever in the Hotel?
Re: FG Pay Upgrade Agreement With Doctors Should Be Halted. by pigin: 10:13am On Aug 29, 2014
That awkward moment when Doctors ran at the sight of patients with Malaria symptoms. While nurses stayed put in upth.
those doctors need to be charged to court and jailed for failure in their own part, now they are asking for pay increment. Their fathers.
Re: FG Pay Upgrade Agreement With Doctors Should Be Halted. by jpphilips(m): 10:15am On Aug 29, 2014
phantom:

Iyke had no idea he was treating ebola because the diplomat in question was showing mild symptoms.

Guy, he told you what you wanted to hear, why did Iyke not admit him in his hospital? do you have any Idea how long that diplomat stayed in that hotel? the wife is giving you stories, why did prime reject him for admission before he went to stadium road?
Re: FG Pay Upgrade Agreement With Doctors Should Be Halted. by pigin: 10:15am On Aug 29, 2014
phantom: many private hospitals in PH have started refusing admission for febrile patients
Guy how are you doing? any symptom yet?
Re: FG Pay Upgrade Agreement With Doctors Should Be Halted. by phantom(m): 10:15am On Aug 29, 2014
jpphilips:

Mr Phantom, he knows, Sawyer's test report came out on the 22nd July 2014 and it was announced, Dr Ike was treating the diplomat since the 5th of August, even if he claims not to know, Liberia + Sawyer + hemorrhagic fever should add up to Ebola, ( he is a professional for fvcks sakes) he was paid good money for that and people who know him have confirmed that, you said you know him too, why dont you pull some strings to get some facts.

Do you know that it was Dr Ike who invited the Diplomat to PH? if he doesn't know he had Ebola, he should just admit him in his hospital, but to avoid any suspicion, he checked him in a hotel and was treating him there. Since when has it become a normal practice to be treating patients with hemorrhagic fever in the Hotel?
JP.....do you think iyke knew he was treating an Ebola patient and went home to infect his wife and baby? doesn't make sense.
the diplomat did not have full blown symptoms and may have hidden vital history from him.
the fact that Iyke knew him and invited him to PH is pure speculation.

1 Like

Re: FG Pay Upgrade Agreement With Doctors Should Be Halted. by phantom(m): 10:16am On Aug 29, 2014
pigin: Guy how are you doing? any symptom yet?
grin grin....crazy guy
Re: FG Pay Upgrade Agreement With Doctors Should Be Halted. by phantom(m): 10:17am On Aug 29, 2014
jpphilips:

Guy, he told you what you wanted to hear, why did Iyke not admit him in his hospital? do you have any Idea how long that diplomat stayed in that hotel? the wife is giving you stories, why did prime reject him for admission before he went to stadium road?

but someone had also mentioned that he was never taken to prime.
Re: FG Pay Upgrade Agreement With Doctors Should Be Halted. by jpphilips(m): 10:42am On Aug 29, 2014
phantom:
JP.....do you think iyke knew he was treating an Ebola patient and went home to infect his wife and baby? doesn't make sense.
the diplomat did not have full blown symptoms and may have hidden vital history from him.
the fact that Iyke knew him and invited him to PH is pure speculation.

Bros he knows, what kinda patient has a colleague with Ebola, as an envoy who is supposed to provide logistics support for him goes down with hemorrhagic fever and Iyke decide to hide him in a hotel than giving him a bed in his clinic?
Re: FG Pay Upgrade Agreement With Doctors Should Be Halted. by jpphilips(m): 10:44am On Aug 29, 2014
phantom:

but someone had also mentioned that he was never taken to prime.

Of course you don't expect Prime to come on air to announce they rejected a patient, do you? Eko hospital last week rejected 5 patients flat, in the words of the nurses, that "if he likes he can report them to god", do you expect that to be announced too?
Re: FG Pay Upgrade Agreement With Doctors Should Be Halted. by Nobody: 11:04am On Aug 29, 2014
widowhusband: the best thing is to try and attend to all patient with ppd, but even then its not easy to consistently eliminate contagion.eg will u disinfect the exam couch,chair,doorknob ,table each time different pple touch it? even glove is not freely available now one has to keep requesting for it. all d same lets just add more caution. To all health workers God bless and keep u
IMO, febrile patients should be examined in isolation with the examination couches subsequently disinfected. Hospital managements should put sanitizers at strategic places and cleaners should be retrained on how to really disinfect.

Bearing in mind that patients can withhold information, doctors please treat them all with utmost care and suspicion. God will take control.
Re: FG Pay Upgrade Agreement With Doctors Should Be Halted. by snipesdam(m): 11:06am On Aug 29, 2014
phantom:

Well if your closer to the family, then you must have went for condolences. Please submit yourself for quarantine.
Re: FG Pay Upgrade Agreement With Doctors Should Be Halted. by snipesdam(m): 11:18am On Aug 29, 2014
candy:
You believe he took that risk for money?And you think this doctor took the risk of treating the said patient without wearing a PPE? For how much?? Don't let your hatred for doctors becloud your judgement.

My dear I don't have hatred for doctors, but tell why he didn't tell his colleagues about the patient he was treating secretly? Why didn't he inform his wife about it, yes everyone wants to make money does it worth the risk of his family? OK even if he did tell his wife why did she raise alarm late? More isn't the wife also a doctor @ upth?

This doctor definitely has agreed for certain amount of money to by his silence while he gave treatment to the diplomat. The doctor may also have not used the proper PPE when attending to patient, so that way he contracted it. The wife now helpless had no option to raise alarm.

If the doctor had reported the case to other colleagues or doctors for help then this matter would have been exposed earlier and measures taken appropriately. He taught he's a better doctor now look @ what his greedy and selfishness has cause us. Rest in pieces Dr.
Re: FG Pay Upgrade Agreement With Doctors Should Be Halted. by snipesdam(m): 11:21am On Aug 29, 2014
jpphilips:

Your the only one talking sense here kudos!
Re: FG Pay Upgrade Agreement With Doctors Should Be Halted. by MrsAwesome: 11:36am On Aug 29, 2014
Let them save the wife and daughter, he made a mistake but his family should not suffer for it ooooooo.
Re: FG Pay Upgrade Agreement With Doctors Should Be Halted. by Nobody: 11:42am On Aug 29, 2014
snipesdam:

My dear I don't have hatred for doctors, but tell why he didn't tell his colleagues about the patient he was treating secretly? Why didn't he inform his wife about it, yes everyone wants to make money does it worth the risk of his family? OK even if he did tell his wife why did she raise alarm late? More isn't the wife also a doctor @ upth?

This doctor definitely has agreed for certain amount of money to by his silence while he gave treatment to the diplomat. The doctor may also have not used the proper PPE when attending to patient, so that way he contracted it. The wife now helpless had no option to raise alarm.

If the doctor had reported the case to other colleagues or doctors for help then this matter would have been exposed earlier and measures taken appropriately. He taught he's a better doctor now look @ what his greedy and selfishness has cause us. Rest in pieces Dr.
I don't know this man and I am not an authority on this case, but if he truly collected money in exchange for secret treatment, he was unethical, selfish and greedy. I just find it difficult to believe that a doctor will do that, knowing fully well that he stood a chance of contracting it and passing it on to innocent people.
My prayer is that God will manifest Himself once again in our Land.
Re: FG Pay Upgrade Agreement With Doctors Should Be Halted. by mannycrown: 1:08pm On Aug 29, 2014
Phantom and co. in support of the late greedy doctor, i ask only one question: WHY DID DR IKECHUKWU SAMUEL "TREAT" / MANAGE HIS PATIENT IN A HOTEL ROOM AND NOT AT SAM STEEL CLINIC, Rumuokoro (his clinic)?
I must say that this late doctor in all his years of medical practice has never admitted a patient in a hotel (of all places). He knew of the Ebola outbreak; or Candy (f), wasn't he aware that his patient came from Lagos? The only location in Nigeria with a lab-confirmed incidence of Ebola as at the time he supposedly agreed to secretly treat the diplomat.
Well, he got unlucky. RIP Dr Ikechukwu. I wonder how many digits was the pay cheque that made him not report to Government Incidence team for Ebola. Somebody (Phantom) said the doctor didn't know his patient had ebola. Let me quickly ask that person if he was part of the stealth medical team that was paid to treat the diplomat?
The truth is bitter. Dr Ikechukwu acted based on motivation from how much Naira and kobo he stood to rake in, dissing ethics, safety of his wife and 3month old baby, and sadly, his life (considering the fact that as at when he accepted the deal to treat the diplomat, adequate protective clothing wasn't even available yet).
Today, Nigeria would have been nearing the last phases of finally containing the EVD if not for this ugly development from a supposed frontliner (Dr Iyke) on the defensive despite how knowledgable he was about the modus operandi of the virus. This reminds me of the Nurse that took off from quarantine in Lagos to Enugu, again, despite how knowledgable i suppose she was of the EVD.
LET ME SOUND THIS NOTE OF WARNING TO ALL HEALTH WORKERS: IT WILL DO YOU OR YOUR FAMILY NO GOOD IF YOU ALWAYS CONSIDER PERSONAL GAIN ABOVE PUBLIC HEALTH.
Because as i write, primary healthcare workers Rivers State have concluded plans to go on indefinite strike from 1st September, 2014 even in these critical ebola times in the state. What's the reason? They want MORE PAY as usual.
#NigeriaMustBeBetter

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

A Must See_ebola Documentary / Latest Non-surgical Fat Reduction Procedure: HIFU / ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.