Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,908 members, 7,799,055 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:34 PM

How Would You Rate Musicians Of This Days Compare To Dose Old Back Days???? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / How Would You Rate Musicians Of This Days Compare To Dose Old Back Days???? (477 Views)

Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time / Top 1o Richest Musicians Of All Time / How Will You Rate D'banj's Performance At AFCON Closing Ceremony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Would You Rate Musicians Of This Days Compare To Dose Old Back Days???? by esosajenny(m): 11:04pm On Aug 28, 2014
What are your views?
Re: How Would You Rate Musicians Of This Days Compare To Dose Old Back Days???? by donfemo(m): 11:12pm On Aug 28, 2014
Well nothing to write home about. Who do u wanna compare BOB Marley, Lucky Dube, 2pac, Michael Jackson, Fela, Victor uwaifo, Brenda fassie, Majek Fashek, to?? Music is suppose to teach, entertain and lift your spirit, its sad music now is noise. Naija musicians most especially, its all about shaking bumbum and kuli kuli love.
Re: How Would You Rate Musicians Of This Days Compare To Dose Old Back Days???? by Feranmicharles(m): 11:18pm On Aug 28, 2014
I no read all wat u wrote

1st 2 comment if it gets to FP. I go come modify OKAY?
Re: How Would You Rate Musicians Of This Days Compare To Dose Old Back Days???? by esosajenny(m): 11:33pm On Aug 28, 2014
donfemo: Well nothing to write home about. Who do u wanna compare BOB Marley, Lucky Dube, 2pac, Michael Jackson, Fela, Victor uwaifo, Brenda fassie, Majek Fashek, to?? Music is suppose to teach, entertain and lift your spirit, its sad music now is noise. Naija musicians most especially, its all about shaking bumbum and kuli kuli love.
yea you are very correct my dear I think we need to rethink and restructure d entertainment industries all over d word not just in Nigeria only. As many musicians dis days are passing across, fornicating,stilling, 419 and dis calls for a serious concern.....its a general views tho.
Re: How Would You Rate Musicians Of This Days Compare To Dose Old Back Days???? by freshness2020: 11:46pm On Aug 28, 2014
That's true...
Its a big let down to compare songs of those days to now.
To me, what gave rise to songs we hear now was as a result of unemployment. Its no longer about the passion but the monetary terms that comes with it. No doubt we still have few great Nigerian musicians in the likes of 2face, Asa and few others!
Ǻƪƪ they sing now is shake bumbum,♈όϋ will hear" I get too much money" records in the building (even when pocket D̶̲̅ε̲̣y empty) no rythym, storyline,message. Its just there! music has gone beyond this.. despite am in my mid 20's, I still rep the Oldies!
Re: How Would You Rate Musicians Of This Days Compare To Dose Old Back Days???? by esosajenny(m): 11:59pm On Aug 28, 2014
freshness2020: That's true...
Its a big let down to compare songs of those days to now.
To me, what gave rise to songs we hear now was as a result of unemployment. Its no longer about the passion but the monetary terms that comes with it. No doubt we still have few great Nigerian musicians in the likes of 2face, Asa and few others!
Ǻƪƪ they sing now is shake bumbum,♈όϋ will hear" I get too much money" records in the building (even when pocket D̶̲̅ε̲̣y empty) no rythym, storyline,message. Its just there! music has gone beyond this.. despite am in my mid 20's, I still rep the Oldies!
yea dats true I think. Asa, 2face are kinda pardoned on dis but lik serious music dis days really annoying...Follow @kalito_k twitter upcoming,a great musician in d making I listened to his song tittle SITUATION great lyrics , great turns .
Re: How Would You Rate Musicians Of This Days Compare To Dose Old Back Days???? by rawpadgin(m): 12:13am On Aug 29, 2014
not only in naija, the world as a whole appreciates crappy music than meaningful ones.
let me use Jessy jagg & kcee as k-study, the former is way more talented yet the latter who has been feeding us with meaningless music is the one making all the headlines, hes more famous & making a lot of cash.

like vector said " record labels are telling me to do the regularly, so how are mine suppose to be spectacular"
Re: How Would You Rate Musicians Of This Days Compare To Dose Old Back Days???? by esosajenny(m): 1:30am On Aug 29, 2014
rawpadgin: not only in naija, the world as a whole appreciates crappy music than meaningful ones.
let me use Jessy jagg & kcee as k-study, the former is way more talented yet the latter who has been feeding us with meaningless music is the one making all the headlines, hes more famous & making a lot of cash.

like vector said " record labels are telling me to do the regularly, so how are mine suppose to be spectacular"

yea true talk

(1) (Reply)

Any Music Guru In The House??? / [music] Hennessy Artistry Presents – Dancego (eau De Vie) Ft. 2face & Wizkid / How Hip Hop Uses Lean Startup Principles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.