Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,880 members, 7,806,533 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:56 PM

I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. (30618 Views)

How A Lecturer Punished A UNILORIN Final Year Student / 18 Things People who attended UNILAG can completely relate To / Dear Jobseeking Graduate, Here’s What You Should Have Done In Final Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by adorable29(f): 8:41am On Aug 29, 2014
duni04:
Wot? She shud carry dictionary cos she wants to post on nairaland? U pple sef undecided

Who mentioned a dictionary?

I have never corrected/questioned anybody's comprehension or grammer on any forum before cos I know I am not perfect myself. This one is different..... A FINAL YEAR ENGLISH STUDENT who for that matter, is feeling low cos she may come out with a 2:2 and not a first class.

A 2:2 is not a bad grade by the way. The irony though.

3 Likes

Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by kaboninc(m): 8:42am On Aug 29, 2014
olapluto: You're probably not good enough for even a 2:1 irrespective of the course you take. 1st years are usually very easy while the remaining years are designed to be a step up intellectually. You dont seem to have made the big step up, you do not seem to realise there is a need for step up yet. You did not really drop 'drastically', you only failed to step up dramatically, hence you lagging behind.

So touching!
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by obiscolly(m): 8:42am On Aug 29, 2014
This is what I call medicine after death. Why didn't you try identifying the root of the problem in your 2nd or third year. I know what being first class means, so, if you truly fell from a first class to a 2'2 then it's quite pathetic and i must admit something went wrong on your part. Nothing much can be done now except trying to make the best of your current status, perhaps seeing if you can push up to a 2'1. Masters should be what you should consider next and not acquiring a second degree. You're a lady and you should be conscious of time; but a guy can comfortably take that decision. Inasmuch as acquiring a good result isn't the only key to success, it makes your life much more easy and opens more opportunities for you. So concentrate on being extraordinary in your Masters.

Good luck!
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by ndeepurity(m): 8:43am On Aug 29, 2014
That's all i got to say.

Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by Nobody: 8:43am On Aug 29, 2014
Repteam:

So we girls r d source of u guys failure smiley What abt u??

That Guys are the source of girls failure..
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by kaboninc(m): 8:44am On Aug 29, 2014
adorable29:

I have never corrected/questioned anybody's comprehension or grammer on any forum before cos I know I am not perfect myself. This one is different..... A FINAL YEAR ENGLISH STUDENT who for that matter, is feeling low cos she may come out with a 2:2 and not a first class.

Please tell him.

2 Likes

Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by Jesuspistol(m): 8:46am On Aug 29, 2014
grin grin Loooolz mhen these guys on FP una no try o. Una response harsh o. I pity d geh sha grin grin grin grin
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by Nastydroid(m): 8:46am On Aug 29, 2014
kaboninc:

You do 'operate' like an Android indeed. By 'operate' you mean?
i do multi-task
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by duni04(m): 8:47am On Aug 29, 2014
adorable29:

Wot irony? Didnt u get the message she was trying to pass across?Y u now attacking her grammar? English student or not its very unnecessary IMHO undecided

1 Like

Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by 100Cents: 8:51am On Aug 29, 2014
See her face.

This one nah multiple boyfriends make.her.lose focus. Abi locust..

1 Like

Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by slap1(m): 8:51am On Aug 29, 2014
I had a similar issue and I studied Education/English. But what affected my grade was my inability to sort lecturers.
However, I called myself to a meeting. Now, even though I haven't gotten my statement of result, I know I'll leave with 2:1.
That said, my greater confidence comes from knowing that my certificate is insignificant vis-à-vis what I have inside. You should discover what you love doing and work towards it.
Finally, it's safe to assume that you got carried away by boys, babes and booze. Go to the mirror, you'll see who to blame for your mistake. Get on with your Masters degree and stay focused. Everything good will come.

By the way, are you an Ikengress?
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by kaboninc(m): 8:51am On Aug 29, 2014
Nastydroid: i do multi-task

You mean only Android do multi-task? Buy multi-task what do you mean?
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by GodMode: 8:52am On Aug 29, 2014
Akitijackson

Getting a second degree is a waste of time... You should focus on getting professional certificates... Do masters if u want.

You are not the first person to have a 2.2...

Some people have 3rd class.

1 Like

Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by roufy235(m): 8:52am On Aug 29, 2014
hmm
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by Nastydroid(m): 8:53am On Aug 29, 2014
[quote author=kaboninc][/quote]see as you dy interrogate me for public
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by omoredia: 8:58am On Aug 29, 2014
%&*(

Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by kaboninc(m): 8:58am On Aug 29, 2014
Nastydroid: see as you dy interrogate me for public

No Bro. Am getting to know you better. Whats the essence of a forum?
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by Nastydroid(m): 9:01am On Aug 29, 2014
kaboninc:

No Bro. Am getting to know you better. Whats the essence of a forum?
to share ideas and help the world grin
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by tosyne2much(m): 9:04am On Aug 29, 2014
Chubhie: I may not know your time zone but if, you posted this at such “unholy hour” then,it shows how worried you seem. Your thought pattern may have been if I finish with a 1st class or 2:1 in English it could be worth the effort but not a 2:2? I ask-what if you end up with a 3rd or pass class? Your solution lies looking inwards. What do you want outta of life? Wherein lies your passion? Are you doing things for peoples validation or you are in it cos it makes you happy? Where do you see yourself in 10-20yrs from now? A room decorated with the best paper qualifications-yet miserable? If you are too blinded and short sighted to see some positives in your current position- you are in 300l and who says you can't self motivate and finish with 2:1? Rediscover your self and know there are No limits only the ones your mind conceives. Go beyond your mind else it keeps playing tricks on you. I'm rooting for you.
you are man of wisdom... I bow in respect
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by ideee03(f): 9:04am On Aug 29, 2014
Dry joke..mchwwwwww
duni04: OP spent her 4 years enjoying postinor and drinking grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by buoye1(m): 9:05am On Aug 29, 2014
Go back to your village and start farming!#cikena
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by Melahou(m): 9:05am On Aug 29, 2014
you already know wat you want to do...
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by kaboninc(m): 9:06am On Aug 29, 2014
Nastydroid: to share ideas and help the world grin

How do we do this without getting to know each other?
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by duni04(m): 9:06am On Aug 29, 2014
ideee03: Dry joke..mchwwwwww
Tanx. I'll try harder nxt time grin

1 Like

Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by buoye1(m): 9:09am On Aug 29, 2014
jeamie: covers nose grin grin
fear of ebola gringrin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by portable86(f): 9:12am On Aug 29, 2014
duni04: OP spent her 4 years enjoying postinor and drinking grin grin grin grin grin

That wad harsh :oYou dont know her personally,don't judge.

1 Like

Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by duni04(m): 9:14am On Aug 29, 2014
portable86:

That wad harsh :oYou dont know her personally,don't judge.
Serzly i didnt even know wot postinor was till i opened her profile grin
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by komodapson(m): 9:14am On Aug 29, 2014
ddooskie: Final year student ...hmmm, and you still compose like this?! undecided

Nah thesis u wan make e write 4u ni. Na una weh de form lexis de fail GES.
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by bedfordng(m): 9:22am On Aug 29, 2014
the truth is that you don't even need to think of going back.even if you come out with 2.2,you can still go for masters to upgrade.just identify your problems and cut it out one by one.
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by tellwisdom: 9:24am On Aug 29, 2014
Op, if you have big yansh...I can help you undecided
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by ideee03(f): 9:26am On Aug 29, 2014
Now u succeeded in making me smile smiley
duni04:
Tanx. I'll try harder nxt time grin

1 Like

Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by godG: 9:36am On Aug 29, 2014
akitijackson, if you happen to be a student in OAU, do lemme know.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Six Things That Makes Nigeria Universities Better Than Polytechnics / Ekiti Moves From 1st To 23rd Position As WAEC Releases May/June 2018 Results / UNILAG Rape Victim Gets Scholarship From Adeleke University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.