Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. (30620 Views)

How A Lecturer Punished A UNILORIN Final Year Student / 18 Things People who attended UNILAG can completely relate To / Dear Jobseeking Graduate, Here’s What You Should Have Done In Final Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by eemjay17(m): 12:41am On Aug 30, 2014
akitijackson: Only God will judge u. I curse the very day u were born, how dare u say such of som1 u do nt kwn? Light will be far away frm you and darkness will be ur bestfrnd. I curse you nd ur future even tho I've neva met u. I curse u!!!
Miss...don't you think it is better ]ignoring some comments on here? That will go a long way in saving yourself some stress. Pls.,it ain't worth it replying every tom,dick and harry hurling insults at you. Cheers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by tosyne2much(m): 12:48am On Aug 30, 2014
akitijackson: Only God will judge u. I curse the very day u were born, how dare u say such of som1 u do nt kwn? Light will be far away frm you and darkness will be ur bestfrnd. I curse you nd ur future even tho I've neva met u. I curse u!!!
pls u don't need al this.. It wld only complicate matters... Jst accept every insults even though we knw it hurts.. Even if Jesus Christ Himself posts a thread on Nairaland, some ppl wld stil hurl insults at him
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by lovelyronke20(f): 1:06am On Aug 30, 2014
kaboninc: Do you think it sounds lovely as your moniker?

undecided
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by Caseless: 6:53am On Aug 30, 2014
donigspain: First, address what caused the present downward trend in your academics before you jump into a second degree and the same thing happens again.

My people talk say "person wey no sabi where rain begin beat am..." (help me complete am sad)
*dances sekem and laffs*

1 Like

Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by 1stola: 6:55am On Aug 30, 2014
Modelling:
Enjoying postinor 4?. How did postinor come into ds place, just an evidence of hw u live.
guilty as charged grin self konji
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by 1stola: 7:01am On Aug 30, 2014
88natzy: . Take a look at your problems!!!
Busted bìtch she is.
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by duni04(m): 7:09am On Aug 30, 2014
Can u curse pple online? How does it work? The curse enters your fone and into the air and then to the person? grin grin grin
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by 1stola: 7:15am On Aug 30, 2014
akitijackson: see. U're here to make an opinion nd nt scrutinize me. At least I'm blessed wif such beauty. My beauty givs ppl d impression of me being a bad gal, bt it's far frm it.
A beg which beauty are you talking about?
No offense, your look just seem like a normal girl's look... nothing special or extraordinary.

1 Like

Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by farellstone: 7:16am On Aug 30, 2014
akitijackson: NO I DON'T!
that's the reason.I'm a graduate of english and literary studies,believe me that course can be tedious and tiring when you don't love it.but you can bring out the best in it if u refocus your attention.
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by 1stola: 7:21am On Aug 30, 2014
akitijackson: Nairalanders dis isn't the way to approach matters like this. Someone comes up here, shares a problem and then the next thing is insults from different angles. This isn't right, every1 has failed at some point in life. We have made mistakes, me sharing mine here has turned out to be the biggest mistake I've eva done. Once beaten twice shy.
lol! ROFL!
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by segxi1960: 8:23am On Aug 30, 2014
akitijackson: I'm final year student of the English Language(B.A). In my 1st year in the university, I was a first class student, bt I drastically dropped to 2.2 in 300level. As I discovered d level at which I dropped, I lost interest in the degree, nw I dnt knw my fate. My plan nw is as soon as I'm done, I'm gonna apply for a 2nd degree nd dis time ntin will stop me frm attaining what I've always desired. Now my dilema is if it's gon be a gud idea for me to start afresh or shld I jst continue onto masters? I really want to make things straight cos the worst result I've eva had is dis present 1.

I have been here and I know it's possible for someone to lose motivation. Contrary to popular belief, it's quite possible to completely lose interest in a course of study. Perhaps you were forced to study English or it was just desperation for University admission.

However, the important thing is you've awoken to the realization now, you've gained some experience as well so whatever step you take now, you're sure to be stronger and wiser.

I wish you the best of luck.

I can help in getting you enrolled and tutorship.
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by Revolva(m): 9:29am On Aug 30, 2014
akitijackson: I'm final year student of the English Language(B.A). In my 1st year in the university, I was a first class student, bt I drastically dropped to 2.2 in 300level. As I discovered d level at which I dropped, I lost interest in the degree, nw I dnt knw my fate. My plan nw is as soon as I'm done, I'm gonna apply for a 2nd degree nd dis time ntin will stop me frm attaining what I've always desired. Now my dilema is if it's gon be a gud idea for me to start afresh or shld I jst continue onto masters? I really want to make things straight cos the worst result I've eva had is dis present 1.

nigeraisnand certificate pursuit.....omo dey there people dey collect money big time.....with business ideas...you dont need to have all the degrees ok
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by ddooskie(m): 2:20pm On Aug 31, 2014
komodapson:

Nah thesis u wan make e write 4u ni. Na una weh de form lexis de fail GES.

FYI, i did not only write SER(what you called GES) i possess a B.A degree in English studies. I was taught that charity begins at home and if i see my brother doing something wrong, is it now a sin to correct him? Mind you, NL is not made up of ONLY the people in your village...we have other people from other climes here. My 1naira.
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by Nobody: 8:59am On Sep 01, 2014
Afghanistan:
U sef u like prîck abi...u can join her in the prïck loving committee but u must face ur book o. Don't waste too much time on prícks.
u'r outta ur mind
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by Nobody: 9:50am On Sep 01, 2014
mirexx: u'r outta ur mind
Is that you on your picture young girl?
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by Nobody: 9:54am On Sep 01, 2014
Afghanistan:
Is that you on your picture young girl?
yea
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by wo1F(m): 2:38am On Sep 02, 2014

3 Likes

Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by Nobody: 9:03am On Sep 02, 2014
wo1F: @akitijackson

Hi.

Your thread made me exit my ghost mode as a guest, hence this input.

In opening this thread, you admitted in part to loosing the career battle nd therefore sought opinions here on how to reverse the trend. Sadly, going by the submissions of most NL'nders, the answers you so desperately sought were no where close to been addressed.

Anyway I'm just here to encourage you nd inform you that you're not alone. I've been where you are. In a way, I still am. Just like you, I was a strong 4-pointer in my Year 1 nd the 1st semester of the 2nd Year. However by my 3rd year nd 1st stanza of 4th year, I had railroaded in a manner that is simply unprintable.

To cut a long story short, I graduated with a 3.49 CGPA. I couldn't complete the recovery by my 5th nd final year. It was late. I cried nd begged my HOD to help me with the needed 0.01 to push up to the Upper class threshold. The man calmly told me that if I see 0.01 anywhere around his office that I should immediately notify him grin. Yeah FUTO is like that.

So now 23, done with service nd working, I've now perfected plans to go back to school next year. It was a decision that I took after careful evaluation of key events in life post FUTO. Key indices that informed my decision were;
1) I felt I needed to do it be happy with my life! The nightmare in my previous sch hunted me for so long that I'm always left thinking about the road not taken. I needed this for closure

2) I needed this to reinvent myself. At full power, I know the magnitude of my academic prowess nd the things I'm capable of, but unfortunately my class of degree in the contemporary Nigeria today will always be an inhibition to my dreams nd aspirations.

3) Finally, as a wounded lion, I need to know if I can still roar

You have to think long and hard about what you really want out of life. That will be central in making decisions of this magnitude.

You should also identify nd embrace the mistakes you made that led you into this mess in the first instance, with a view to learning from it nd making necessary adjustments. I made tonnes of mistakes nd plenty poor judgement calls. Those mistakes are well documented nd I'm a better person now just by identifying accepting my role in the whole situation.

You'll also have to make some clever alterations to some of your data should you decide to start afresh again. In otherwords, find a way to roll back the hands of time like 6yrs back cheesy. Something has to give.

Finally draw closer to God to direct, guide nd furnish you with the needed wisdom on the course of action to take.

Goodluck.
Thanks for the words of encouragement.....a wounded lion still roars.

1 Like

Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by SanVESCO(m): 3:44am On Sep 15, 2014
Hmmmmmmmmm,this is for all medical students and others.
Check out this thread,you can still make extra cash peacefully while in medical school.
I did it,so you can?
Presently a final year MBBS student in Abu Zaria

https://www.nairaland.com/1903164/nairaland-number-one-money-making

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ekiti Moves From 1st To 23rd Position As WAEC Releases May/June 2018 Results / UNILAG Rape Victim Gets Scholarship From Adeleke University / PTI Lecturer Gives Final Year Students An Opportunity To Set Questions In Exams.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.