Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,447 members, 7,808,596 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:01 PM

Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards (22360 Views)

Army Arrests Producers Of Fake National ID Cards For Boko Haram Terrorists / Nigeria Launches First Locally-built Motorcycles / Nigeria Launches 2 New Satellites Into Orbit - GEJ Confirms on NTA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by Orikinla(m): 1:54pm On Aug 29, 2014
raumdeuter: Wetin do the old ID card?

Who no know say this na another chop money scheme by the clueless govt

BTW where are the 36 airports Jonathan promised us in 2010? Now na ID card format dem wan use

Since their new vehicle plate number scam failed, na new national ID contract replace am. grin

Times the population of Nigerians from age 18 by the cost of producing one national ID card per person?
Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by vikktor: 2:57pm On Aug 29, 2014
Na ATM of central bank of Nigeria be dis? Hmmm soo we all can be withdrawing any how, making sense...9ja don better!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by Truckpusher(m): 4:43pm On Aug 29, 2014
Timothy3113: did nigga aint a nigerian, becos if dey stop you and you claim to know your right, they might kill you and tell the public that you are an armed robber.
Na Wao for una.

Nigerian police still respect people's right if you know what you are talking about,I wonder the kind of personality you are that the police will just shoot you for voicing out your right.

Talking about your right isn't about talking to the police like he's an iidiot.

I went Owerri last week,while coming back I was stopped by the CTU guys which ordinarily they aren't suppose to stop me .I pulled over brought out my papers and licence and handed them over to the iidiot ,after going through them he started asking for road worthiness and I simply told him that my car doesn't require a road worthiness owing to the fact that it is a brand new car that has not lasted for more than 2 years and he gave me back my papers after wasting my precious 15 minutes,in fact it got to point that I told him that if he feels that I have contravened the law he should take me to the police station for further investigation and no policeman wants to bring in a case that is dead on arrival and of course he has to take me the court within 24 hrs or grant me bail which is free because it is not a criminal offense.

Know your rights and talk to policemen in a respectful manner I bet you they'll have no choice than to release you because they have nothing on you.
Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by tornwa: 6:26pm On Aug 29, 2014
Its only in nigeria that people smile while taking passport photographs... grin
Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by unikbabe: 6:29pm On Aug 29, 2014
fruqsy: Lols its an improvement but the thing is they are making the i.d hard to get it makes me feel like its only meant for the jobless people who would stay on Que for hours just to get it.

In my own area its not hard to get if were able to capture ir data online in advance
Its only those who need help in capturing their data that have to que up for long
Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by Orikinla(m): 6:35pm On Aug 29, 2014
The OP, should have reported the facts.

With 13 applications, including MasterCard's prepaid payment technology and Cryptovision's biometric identification technology, the eID card will provide millions of Nigerians - the majority of whom have never had access to a banking product - with the security, convenience and reliability of electronic payments.

At a celebratory event held in Abuja, His Excellency President Goodluck Jonathan said: "I am happy that this important milestone of the rollout of the National Identity Management System has been realized today. I am impressed with the quality of the eID card and the work of the corporate partners that made it possible. I commend especially MasterCard, and Access Bank Plc, as well as the Commission [NIMC] for achieving a world-class product."

He said the card builds a window to a social security benefit system and therefore, it is a card every Nigerian should get. - See more at: http://www.nigeriansreport.com/2014/08/mastercard-branded-national-eid-card.html#sthash.gany5Hnb.dpuf

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by Nobody: 6:44pm On Aug 29, 2014
Since u go fit withdraw money wit dis I'd card na to dey keep am well be dat

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by olamidarsenal(m): 6:47pm On Aug 29, 2014
not new, dats what we ar using in my school
Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by armyofone(m): 7:12pm On Aug 29, 2014
Good news!! A good way to track Nigerians. Those in the villages should not be left out.

At least people can now take loan without the banks getting scared of them vamoosing into thin air.

Pray this one get head oh. Simple thing becomes a feat in that country.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by Nobody: 7:43pm On Aug 29, 2014
armyofone: Good news!! A good way to track Nigerians. Those in the villages should not be left out.

At least people can now take loan without the banks getting scared of them vamoosing into thin air.

Pray this one get head oh. Simple thing becomes a feat in that country.
Yes, obtaining a bank loan will now be easier, but the danger is that if there is a diplomatic row between Nigeria and the US, MasterCard could freeze the e-payment feature of the card, causing even more hardship to folks.
Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by armyofone(m): 8:05pm On Aug 29, 2014
Ummm, I doubt there will be any diplomatic row anytime soon. There will always be a way around any temporary diplomatic issues anyway. The most important thing is the ''now and here'' not later or there grin. About time they crawl away from the stone age grin

Where is the keg of Baileys? sad
We are gpsing to Osisi's backyard for some peppersoup.

CFCfan:
Yes, obtaining a bank loan will now be easier, but the danger is that if there is a diplomatic row between Nigeria and the US, MasterCard could freeze the e-payment feature of the card, causing even more hardship to folks.
Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by willorie(f): 8:05pm On Aug 29, 2014
Truckpusher: Don't get yours and wait until the Nigerian Police catches up with you then you'll come here to narrate your ordeal. grin

e fid be say him no dey 9ja
or him no sabi how our NPF dey strategize their arrest wink
Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 29, 2014
armyofone: Ummm, I doubt there will be any diplomatic row anytime soon. There will always be a way around any temporary diplomatic issues anyway. The most important thing is the ''now and here'' not later or there grin. About time they crawl away from the stone age grin

Where is the keg of Baileys? sad
We are gpsing to Osisi's backyard for some peppersoup.

I didn't get an invite to her house
Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by Truckpusher(m): 8:51pm On Aug 29, 2014
willorie:

e fid be say him no dey 9ja
or him no sabi how our NPF dey strategize their arrest wink
Leave the small pikin jare......na so police go dey use dem shine grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by Drey007: 9:41pm On Aug 29, 2014
Joel3: if you register before and has the temporary card you dont need to register again. Go collect this card once its announce it is available

Ok... Thankz
Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by mekuzee1(m): 9:46pm On Aug 29, 2014
gud4vv: where can i do mine?
it all depends on were u stay..I did mine in Lasu..bur u can do urs in any local government
Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by Nobody: 7:19am On Aug 30, 2014
unikbabe:

In my own area its not hard to get if were able to capture ir data online in advance
Its only those who need help in capturing their data that have to que up for long
come my area mehn its freaks me out. I can't just stay up to the Que.
Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by styvhin(m): 11:33am On Aug 30, 2014
Is dat a national identity card. Looks like an atm card if u ask me
Front page tins, Is dis u?

how many of ur ATMs av ur face on them?
Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by gud4vv: 12:43am On Sep 01, 2014
mekuzee1: it all depends on were u stay..I did mine in Lasu..bur u can do urs in any local government
ok tanks.
Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by davitogreat(m): 1:15am On Sep 01, 2014
CFCfan:

You don't have to worry about Mastercard freezing your transactions. Mastercard is using a nigerian payment service processor for this project. The company is called Unified Payments Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Okorocha To Pay N5m To Anybody That Helps In The Rearrest Of 'Vampire'(photos) / Why Afenifere, Ohanaeze Factions Are Endorsing Buhari, Atiku – Shehu Sani / Further Petrol Price Hike Likely, Marketers Warn Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.