Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,880 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

Is This Actually Ruggedman's Funeral?nairalanders please Judge. - Rap Battles - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rap Battles / Is This Actually Ruggedman's Funeral?nairalanders please Judge. (4561 Views)

Ruggedman's Message To You Know Who / Please Judge Whose Freestyle Is Better, Makavelli Or Lookingformate. / Banging by Ruggedman Ft Durella (Modenine Diss) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Actually Ruggedman's Funeral?nairalanders please Judge. by chronique(m): 7:26pm On Oct 25, 2008
what the hell is happening with this mode9 and ruggedman beef?sometimes back,i listened to a joint from k-show dissing mode9 because obviously,his rugged's pal.i tot all that would just end there.then came ghetto-p dissing on behalf of saucekid.a guy called skillz ill called me up and we were suppose to do couple of recording together.while tryin to put the beats together,i asked him to spit and this is what i got from him

"I DON’T RAP FOR MECHANICS AND DON’T SPEAK FOR SHOEMAKERS

I RAP FOR MY PEOPLE REPRESENTING HIPHOP

when U RAP FOR MECHANICS REPRESENTING FUJI AND

U RAP FOR SHOEMAKERS REPRESENTINGING APALA

U’RE MORE THAN A WANKSTER U’RE

LIKE JA RULE TO 50,THE HOOD DON’T FEEL YOU

AND YOUR GAME IS MESSED UP

U’RE KNOWN TO NAME NAMES AND KNOWN TO LAY BLAMES

BUT WHEN THE MODE IS ARMED WITH THE 9

U SUDDENLY GO DUMB cause UR LYRICS GAT WICKLOW

U GAT THE NAME RUGGED BUT I GAT MY SOUL RUGGED

IF WE EVER SQUARED UP,U WOULDN’T LIFT A FINGER

U’RE SO DUMB THAT’S WHY U’RE ROCKIN HEAD WARMERS

when THE SUN IS BLAZING HOT AND CATS ARE TAKIN SHOWERS

HOW THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU WANT TO BE RAP’S FINEST?

EVEN IF U SLEPT FOR TEN CENTURIES,U WOULDN’T DREAM ABOUT IT

HIPHOP IS MY PLATE AND RAP IS MY FOOD SO DON’T EVEN DARE ME

U’LL END UP LOSING.AM A WINNER HOMMIE, NO NEED ASKING OYEDEPO

THIS IS A STRAIGHT DISMISS SO NO NEED TRYIN TO HITBACK

DEAD OR ALIVE, I’LL STILL BE ABOVE U

AM DRESSED IN ALL BLACK yeah this IS UR FUNERAL

AINT PAYIN RESPECT to u, RIGHT NOW,AM AN UNDERTAKER

I’LL LEAVE U BURIED IN CHUNKS WHILE UR SOUL REST IN PIECES

this IS SMACK DOWN SO NIGGA BETTA POUNDE OUT."

honestly i was suprised.actually asked if mode had anything thing to do wit this but he would rather keep mum at least for now,he said.

the question am asking now is ,is this actually ruggedman's funeral or what?how far will these cats go with this beef thing?

please wats ur opinion?am loving it but wondering when it will come to an end.
Re: Is This Actually Ruggedman's Funeral?nairalanders please Judge. by tosinadeda: 11:21pm On Oct 25, 2008
chronique:

then came ghetto-p dissing on behalf of saucekid.

u dey vex me i swear!!!! wtf is ur prob?
saying shit u know nothing about!!!!!
ghetto p dissing on behalf of sauce? does that make sense

mode9 and ghetto p had issues not relating to music though, but on a man to man level so he decided to use the song to express how he felt!!!!!
and u come here saying shit u know nothing about!!!!
Bleep off jare u dey vex me walahi!!!!
Re: Is This Actually Ruggedman's Funeral?nairalanders please Judge. by javalove(m): 5:47pm On Oct 26, 2008
good rap lines. good disses. good metaphors. intelligent wordplays.

ruggedman is not our rap king abgeg!!!!! this guys is wack!!!!!!

see as dis bobo quickly finish am.

u guys now see that great minds think alike? since when have i been screaming that rugged is a lame ass, a tatoo that cant battle, probably a rattle - snake without venom. why e dey fear to mention modenine name? omo e sabi d names wey e fit mention ooooo and mode don settle d matter with

here's the sweetest part/
this baba, that baba/
u r not d father/
u got intellect myopia (of course yes!!)
so when i diss a baba (adiss ababa - capital of ethiopia)/
its not ethiopia!!!!!!!!!!!

ladies and gentlemen, if its not ethiopia, then who?? answer me fools!!! who!!!!!!?

tosinadeda:

u dey vex me i swear!!!! wtf is ur prob?
saying shit u know nothing about!!!!!
ghetto p dissing on behalf of sauce? does that make sense

mode9 and ghetto p had issues not relating to music though, but on a man to man level so he decided to use the song to express how he felt!!!!!
and u come here saying shit u know nothing about!!!!
mess off jare u dey vex me walahi!!!!

my friend go and sit down!!!! that track never in anyway sounded like dey had manly qualms. the disses no even depict that. if he wasnt dissing modenine for fame, the track didnt talk of any manly beef, either by wordplay or direct diss. dem no dey see as modenine dey diss? cant dey learn? fools. awon ode gbogbo

tosin, i'm not sorry to say but u r a daft.

in this rap game i m bound to be the last man standing/
God forbif but if i fall of, i land a good landing
modenine from respekt
Re: Is This Actually Ruggedman's Funeral?nairalanders please Judge. by skingo(m): 6:32pm On Oct 26, 2008
u're so far left, its pitiful.
Re: Is This Actually Ruggedman's Funeral?nairalanders please Judge. by tosinadeda: 12:31am On Oct 27, 2008
@ java

aint asking u for ur opinion, am telling u wut led to the song stupid!!!!
javalove:

see as this bobo quickly finish am.

u re a bitch java tut know one knew how to rhyme and rap except mode9?? ghettop ripped ur gey partner apart and all u had to say was "are this weak lines meant for mode9" now a whack ass idiot spits shit about rugged man and u post this? all because u dnt like rugged angry angry am dissapointed

[size=15pt]ure a bitch ass hater plain and simple[/size]

javalove:

here's the sweetest part/
this baba, that baba/
u r not d father/
u got intellect myopia (of course yes!!)
so when i diss a baba (adiss ababa - capital of ethiopia)/
its not ethiopia!!!!!!!!!!!

ladies and gentlemen, if its not ethiopia, then who?? answer me fools!!! who!!!!!!?

y u dey explain like say na greek!!!!!! offcourse cos in ur mind mode9 spits heavy puchlines only for matured minds abi? mumu!!!!!
Re: Is This Actually Ruggedman's Funeral?nairalanders please Judge. by FLOWSHOW: 10:33am On Oct 27, 2008
@chronique
no need to talk too much , if the guy u called skillz or k-show are so good .tell that to put that on a beat and lets see if it rhymes, or better yet upload the diss song u posted its lyrics above and lets see what it sounds like, nice punchines tho . i must mention especially the

I DON’T RAP FOR MECHANICS AND DON’T SPEAK FOR SHOEMAKERS
''U’LL END UP LOSING.AM A WINNER HOMMIE, NO NEED ASKING OYEDEPO'''
U GAT THE NAME RUGGED BUT I GAT MY SOUL RUGGED

lol ruggedman would eat him up, this punchlines are still in kindergaten level. but dj chronic , i beg upload the track make we hear , i hope u gave skillz ill a very good beat sha.? upload it now am waiting 4 u.
Re: Is This Actually Ruggedman's Funeral?nairalanders please Judge. by FLOWSHOW: 8:23pm On Oct 27, 2008
.chronic ?u dey here?
Re: Is This Actually Ruggedman's Funeral?nairalanders please Judge. by skingo(m): 8:35pm On Oct 27, 2008
@ tosin: do you expect any truth about public opinions coming frm javva? you knw better, that id is sold on promoting modenine music. if modo drop album today, nairaland will be one of the few media of promotion coz no one is looking 4ward to him. pitiful. now hows dis for some harsh reality. who will go pick up mode's album out of love for his music??lol didnt think anyone
Re: Is This Actually Ruggedman's Funeral?nairalanders please Judge. by AfrknKngs(m): 10:32pm On Oct 27, 2008
SKINGO! speak 4 urself! ur own id nko u is not sold on promoting Sauce music?? Nigga WAKE UP!!

Hasnt any1 noticed that this nigga accuses peeps of he does, He accuses others or promoting yet when he promotes sauce it aint a problem! If u dont like rugged or Sauce, u's a hater but them weh deh diss mode9 are juss critiqs abi?? Lol, DO y'all not see how biased these niggas are?? They say mode9 is wack yet they can't pull out ANY lyrics that tops Mod9's out they ass! Common now! They called Mode9 a coward coz he didnt mention Rugged's name yet Rugged never even came close in dissin Mode9 DIRECTLY! Do y'all not see this?

SKINGO: U r just pitiful! U are what we call an Apology! May GOD save ur soul coz it's on itz way to hell for selling it to Sauce!
Re: Is This Actually Ruggedman's Funeral?nairalanders please Judge. by tosinadeda: 12:00am On Oct 28, 2008
AfrknKngs:

May GOD save ur soul because it's on itz way to hell for selling it to Sauce!

itumo??
as in really
Re: Is This Actually Ruggedman's Funeral?nairalanders please Judge. by AfrknKngs(m): 12:19am On Oct 28, 2008
Brrrrros! Leave me alone now, ahn ahn? Na by force? Let da guy speak for himself nah, na wow 4 u self!
Re: Is This Actually Ruggedman's Funeral?nairalanders please Judge. by tosinadeda: 12:23am On Oct 28, 2008
as i no come understand nko grin
Re: Is This Actually Ruggedman's Funeral?nairalanders please Judge. by skingo(m): 12:40am On Oct 28, 2008
aks u are looking forward to harsh reality. when reality meets u, u'll self destruct , till then, keep responding to yourself. ignore me,.
Re: Is This Actually Ruggedman's Funeral?nairalanders please Judge. by AfrknKngs(m): 8:00am On Oct 28, 2008
skingo:

aks u are looking forward to harsh reality. when reality meets u, u'll self destruct , till then, keep responding to yourself. ignore me,.

I thought I told you, U no go rest! Lie lie!! Me & You all da way!! I go Damage ANY kind movement u wan make because that your mouth has met itz master! I think nobody has ever challenged you! U have met ur match! I will finish you!! walahi!! Gba be! U NO GO REST! I will destroy U! 4get self destruct! As far as my life is in my hand! Urs is in mine! I get da remote!! So when I am done torturing you with the truth then I will set off ur bomb! LMAO! U no go rest! U are a tat bit close to reality! and I will soon Expose you! Just give me some time! So for the mean time, enjoy some African Kings Teaser Track!

[flash=425,355]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YRsHuS0elE&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]
African Kings - Move Yah Body (Teaser Track)
Re: Is This Actually Ruggedman's Funeral?nairalanders please Judge. by dammiecool(m): 10:46am On Oct 28, 2008
Skillz ill!the name shows dat d guy no well,I no believe say java fit support this weak lyrics.
low lyrical content ,infact the thing no even ryhme.
Still Ruggeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed!!!!!!!! so n banging! bangin! bangin! bangin! si e leti
Re: Is This Actually Ruggedman's Funeral?nairalanders please Judge. by Dclique(m): 11:30am On Oct 28, 2008
i totally agree.
Re: Is This Actually Ruggedman's Funeral?nairalanders please Judge. by tosinadeda: 12:46pm On Oct 28, 2008
dammiecool:

Skillz ill!the name shows that d guy no well,I no believe say java fit support this weak lyrics.
low lyrical content ,infact the thing no even ryhme.
Still Ruggeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed!!!!!!!! so n banging! bangin! bangin! bangin! si e leti

javalove just showed he hates anytn thats not mode9
Re: Is This Actually Ruggedman's Funeral?nairalanders please Judge. by chronique(m): 5:37pm On Oct 28, 2008
i actually wish i cud post the joint but i cant.the joint is not ready yet for public consumption.secondly,i cant just post a song that doesnt belong to me like that.

as for tosinadeda , i will rather ignore you coz i gat nofin to tell u.wonder why u're getin beaten up for something that does not concern you.abi u be ghetto p?

for me,i'll say let the best man win.
Re: Is This Actually Ruggedman's Funeral?nairalanders please Judge. by tosinadeda: 8:13pm On Oct 28, 2008
Ure nt making any sense!
So cos am nt ghetto p,u shld dish out false info on the net?
Ur story on sauce and ghetto aint correct plain and simple!

ps: do us a favour,dnt post d song cos already d lyrics are lame
Re: Is This Actually Ruggedman's Funeral?nairalanders please Judge. by AfrknKngs(m): 8:21pm On Oct 28, 2008
Na wow oooh,
Re: Is This Actually Ruggedman's Funeral?nairalanders please Judge. by osasp(m): 9:28pm On Oct 28, 2008
java even mode don tire for the 'this baba that baba' line
u dey quote d guy lines like bible
funny thin is u miss some words or u change it
its funny

not hatin, just had 2 voice out
Re: Is This Actually Ruggedman's Funeral?nairalanders please Judge. by tosinadeda: 9:35pm On Oct 28, 2008
No mind am jare,na olodo, lol
Re: Is This Actually Ruggedman's Funeral?nairalanders please Judge. by skingo(m): 10:12pm On Oct 28, 2008
java na modenine alter ego. modenine cannot come on nl and say he's modenine other wise we'll take shots at him, the guy want dey quote him lines because he's so sure that we all misssed it.
your album is like a missed call. no one receive am!lmao na u sabi. olofo oshi
Re: Is This Actually Ruggedman's Funeral?nairalanders please Judge. by mcwalka(m): 11:20pm On Oct 28, 2008
MAKE I HEAR WORD BECAUSE SAY MODENINE JUST COME FRM JAND YESTERDAY NO MEAN SAY YOU SABI RAP. NIGERIAN HIPHOP HAS ITS OWN FLAVOR AND THAT IS WHAT RUGGEDMAN HAS BEEN ABLE TO DELIVER , MODENINE CANT DO THAT.
HE IS JUST SAYING WHAT HE THINKS NOT WHAT HE KNOWS. AND TO LET HIM UNDERSTAND IF HE TALK NOW TILL NEXT YEAR RUGGEDMAN HAS WON THE RAP ALBUM OF THE YEAR AT THE HIPHOPWORLD AND HE IS ALSO ON THE LIST OF MTV AFRICA MUSIC AWARDS. AND THE KORA WARDS MODENINE GO BACK YANKEE AND SPEAK ENGLISH WITH JAYZ,
Re: Is This Actually Ruggedman's Funeral?nairalanders please Judge. by skingo(m): 3:19am On Oct 29, 2008
lmao at speak engl9sh wit jayz. more like, collect visa go yankee and suck talib and krs nuts.

person
Re: Is This Actually Ruggedman's Funeral?nairalanders please Judge. by Beextra(m): 4:28am On Oct 29, 2008
Mode's Rappatype definitley aint what 9ja Rap iz about,Thats Just d truth - He tried so hard in ' stylee '' but tracs like 'Nigerian Girl' only makes me wonder what bro. iz all about.Go 2 d streets u feel yebariba,u feel baraje,ruggedy baba,kini big deal etc , Der iz somtin missing wiv his jointz,And b4 u try selling some rap category kinda long tinz - he wont appeal even if time switches back ( rakim , flavz days , naughty by nature etc ) Which of iz tracks come clean an inch close to http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ZElWBsoyvUo ; the so called class he says he depicts.Hardcore aint boring/undancable the way Bros. iz goin bout it.

And yea,i Know u gon put me on some sauce & Ruggedy fan base list - but wha can a broder do than 2 enjoi/preci8' home breed Naija streetz Rap.Even weird mc did it berrah wiv '' Allen Avenue ''.

Modey we need 2 know who ur songs r meant for , Nigerians or ' D American Underground Rap audience ' we mite be prolli confused !
Re: Is This Actually Ruggedman's Funeral?nairalanders please Judge. by FLOWSHOW: 8:42am On Oct 29, 2008
@bee-xtra
how intelligent . i respect you for that comment , mode is nigerian rapping for americans, isnt that confusion?

sauce is american nigerian rapping for nigerians, thats patroitism, the difference is very clear.

rugged is nigerian rapping for naija shoemakers and naija streets thats patroitism, the difference is very clear.

i suggest that mode needs a naija flavour and naija club bangers, he keeps talking bout underground this undergrund that , hiphop head this hiphop head that , thats very hilarious . he ven mentioned in one of his tracks that people are asking him to do naija club banger this is simply why rugged always wins it all.
Re: Is This Actually Ruggedman's Funeral?nairalanders please Judge. by tosinadeda: 9:42am On Oct 29, 2008
Java wil come with his blinded eyes and start sayn mode9 raps 4 matured minds only like say matured minds no dey hear naija rap songs wey appeal to d streets!
Re: Is This Actually Ruggedman's Funeral?nairalanders please Judge. by skingo(m): 10:22am On Oct 29, 2008
yeah, remember this one
"he appeals to d learned community"

lol, jayz say u can pay for school but u cannot buy class. learned community cannot support modenine music nau. preach
Re: Is This Actually Ruggedman's Funeral?nairalanders please Judge. by icezik1(m): 1:25pm On Oct 29, 2008
As a Mode9 and Ruggedman fan and a strong SauceKid hater (thanks to SKINGO [Sauce Kid Is Nigeria's Greatest Ode]). I'm gonna be honest, if truth be told, Mode9 is a better LYRICIST than Ruggedman, however, in Nigeria, that's not enough. THe reason rapper's like Ikechukwu and Naeto C are successful is because they are good at coming up with CLUB BANGERS. Afterall, we can't say they are representing Nigerian shoemakers and Mechanics with their American accents, so why are they gaining rep? Dance songs. Examples are Wind AM Well and Ashawo. Mode9 can still speak metaphors and rap the exact same lyrics, all he has to do is get a club beat and feature Faze, Wande Cole or Banky W and he will instanly hit number one.

RuggedMan used to be a lyricist, but he realised something important, Nigerians care more about the beat than the words. Just look at Konga. He sang absolute rubbish and yet he was receiving massive airplay. I love Mode9's music more than Ruggedman, but if I were at a club and they played a Mode9 track, I would be pissed.

To conclude, RuggedMan has the better beats and concept while Mode9 has the lyrics and potential to be Africa's best rapper alive if he would just change his mentality.

P.S:- I would like to give a big ups to MI. He has got great lyrics and a mad accent to booth. He realised you couldn't make it on a song like "Crowd Mentality" alone and did a mad collabo with both Djinee and Dipp on "Safe" and "Dangerous" respectively.
Re: Is This Actually Ruggedman's Funeral?nairalanders please Judge. by Beextra(m): 2:55pm On Oct 29, 2008
Icezik i get u points.But there are quite a few things you are missing :

- If truly mode is a lyricist(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyricist) like you said,then he has no business Rapping-Cos RappinG is an
Art which comes with swag,The way you swallow and throw up your rhyme Lines plus most importantly d way u appeal 2 peeps( which is very important)

- Modey's approach to depicting lines just doesnt fit in, because he is trying to get to the very basis of American Underground rap ,dat makes matters even worst.(where is ur roots mode ) Dem Rakim,Nbn,Nwa had not only the rhymes/lyrics but they were instant club hits back in d days,have you tried asking uself y or who would call dem lines '' rubbish''

- Rap is meant to relate experiences,imaginations,thoughts etc across .Yes- Modey's might be onpoint with that - but its like an ''old wise man who cant talk nor express himself in the right way to his grandchildren ''.He therefore needs to employ the right vices to do this.

- 'Bout club bangers and ish,its just a business strat.,I mean 70% of Naigerianz yearn for relaxation and sorts through : different vices,one very good one is music - so u get dem dancing whilst at the same time infusing your lyricist tendencies.But its just too lame to go bout '' u kepping it strictly boring because you feel the lyrics would get lost '' Hell no,in the firstplace Rap was a poetic medium plus an art-vehicle to get a meassage across.When this vehicle is missing - then how do you appeal to your fans.And that Art-vehicle is wha u refer to as Club banger.

To Summa. up this ish , cos a song its club banging/slanging doesn't mean its got no lyricist infusion.I wouldnt start now by mentioning names cos trust me,there are bare lyricist/club banging rapppers who spif it so tite in 9ja. Modey came quite close in ''Stylee'' and we all know Y !
Re: Is This Actually Ruggedman's Funeral?nairalanders please Judge. by javalove(m): 5:18pm On Oct 29, 2008
Bee-xtra:

Icezik i get u points.But there are quite a few things you are missing :

- If truly mode is a lyricist(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyricist) like you said,then he has no business Rapping-because RappinG is an
Art which comes with swag,The way you swallow and throw up your rhyme Lines plus most importantly d way u appeal 2 peeps( which is very important)

[/b]

now read this from the same wikipedia

Collaboration takes different forms. Some composers and lyricists work closely together on the song, with each having an input into both words and tune. Often a lyricist will fill in the words to a tune already fully written out. Dorothy Fields worked in this way.

- Modey's approach to depicting lines just doesnt fit in, because he is trying to get to the very basis of American Underground rap ,that makes matters even worst.(where is ur roots mode ) them Rakim,Nbn,Nwa had not only the rhymes/lyrics but they were instant club hits back in d days,have you tried asking uself y or who would call them lines '' rubbish''

U know nuffin about rap!!! u r dumb man. read urself again

- Rap is meant to relate experiences,imaginations,thoughts etc across .Yes- Modey's might be onpoint with that - but its like an ''old wise man who can't talk nor express himself in the right way to his grandchildren ''.He therefore needs to employ the right vices to do this.

who is the old man and who is the grand children. i know d day moenine decides to drop a dancefloor, all dis grammer go change

- 'Bout club bangers and ish,its just a business strat.,I mean 70% of Naigerianz yearn for relaxation and sorts through : different vices,one very good one is music - so u get them dancing whilst at the same time infusing your lyricist tendencies.But its just too lame to go bout '' u kepping it strictly boring because you feel the lyrics would get lost '' Hell no,in the firstplace Rap was a poetic medium plus an art-vehicle to get a meassage across.When this vehicle is missing - then how do you appeal to your fans.And that Art-vehicle is wha u refer to as Club banger.

is it by force to drop a club banger? if i need to hear club bangers, i know d cd to buy if i want to dance, i know d cd's to buy if i need to relax, and yes, all nigerian!!!! why r u guys unnessecarily being controversial. my guy, u dont have a point.

To Summa. up this ish , because a song its club banging/slanging doesn't mean its got no lyricist infusion.I wouldnt start now by mentioning names because trust me,there are bare lyricist/club banging rapppers who spif it so tite in Nigeria. Modey came quite close in ''Stylee'' and we all know Y !

more than 200% of nigerian club bangers are rubbish lyrically!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

--------->) Baudex Vs H.j (<--------- / Eldee Finally Replies Rhymestein:eldigity Ft Abdullegend Flogcraft! Wackstein! / Post Four Lines To Diss Your Opponent While Competing...rapping Lords.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.