Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,989 members, 7,806,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:53 AM

What Is The Average Monthly Rate Of A Freelance Web Developer? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Is The Average Monthly Rate Of A Freelance Web Developer? (2562 Views)

How To Be A Successful Web-developer / Everything About Freelance Web Development Is Frustrating / A Freelance Web Developer In Need Of Jobs. Please Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Average Monthly Rate Of A Freelance Web Developer? by dhtml(m): 9:22am On Aug 29, 2014
I am trying to compute some statistics here please.
Re: What Is The Average Monthly Rate Of A Freelance Web Developer? by GodMode: 9:36am On Aug 29, 2014
Average monthly rate

Guess u want to employ

Are u talking about salary

Or

The amount a freelancer charges...
Re: What Is The Average Monthly Rate Of A Freelance Web Developer? by DualCore1: 9:45am On Aug 29, 2014
In the global scene, a freelance PHP developer is usually paid between 8 - 16 USD per hour and is usually expected to work for 40 hours per week from his remote location. So that's about 1,280 - 2,560 USD per month. Some employers may choose to track work hours with tools like Peerdrum.
Re: What Is The Average Monthly Rate Of A Freelance Web Developer? by GodMode: 9:53am On Aug 29, 2014
DualCore1: In the global scene, a freelance PHP developer is usually paid between 8 - 16 USD per hour and is usually expected to work for 40 hours per week from his remote location. So that's about 1,280 - 2,560 USD per month. Some employers may choose to track work hours with tools like Peerdrum.

Where did you get this fake stats from Programmers earn higher than that..
Re: What Is The Average Monthly Rate Of A Freelance Web Developer? by spikesC(m): 11:27am On Aug 29, 2014
DualCore1: In the global scene, a freelance PHP developer is usually paid between 8 - 16 USD per hour and is usually expected to work for 40 hours per week from his remote location. So that's about 1,280 - 2,560 USD per month. Some employers may choose to track work hours with tools like Peerdrum.

Oga Dualcore, this your stats get as e be oo grin
Re: What Is The Average Monthly Rate Of A Freelance Web Developer? by dhtml(m): 12:35pm On Aug 29, 2014
Dual core thanks for the reply. The rest of you should cover your faces.
I know some of you are earning 20k/month, you are now forming big boi for here. We shall start investigating your accounts very soon.
Re: What Is The Average Monthly Rate Of A Freelance Web Developer? by spikesC(m): 1:13pm On Aug 29, 2014
dhtml: Dual core thanks for the reply. The rest of you should cover your faces.
I know some of you are earning 20k/month, you are now forming big boi for here. We shall start investigating your accounts very soon.
embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: What Is The Average Monthly Rate Of A Freelance Web Developer? by quadrillio(m): 1:43pm On Aug 29, 2014
dhtml: Dual core thanks for the reply. The rest of you should cover your faces.

20k per month ke. LMAO

- SAFE
Re: What Is The Average Monthly Rate Of A Freelance Web Developer? by DualCore1: 2:55pm On Aug 29, 2014
GodMode:
Where did you get this fake stats from Programmers earn higher than that..
Personal experience, unlike where you got yours from (online job postings you very likely do not qualify to get hired for).

Programmers earn higher than that, yea. The person who creates Wordpress plugins and the person who creates 3D games for PS4... shay they are both referred to as programmers... check their payslips and see the difference.
Re: What Is The Average Monthly Rate Of A Freelance Web Developer? by dhtml(m): 3:20pm On Aug 29, 2014
Qadrillo, na wia you go all this time?
This thread is getting interesting. I am considering retiring officially from freelancing actually.
Re: What Is The Average Monthly Rate Of A Freelance Web Developer? by GodMode: 4:38pm On Aug 29, 2014
DualCore1:
Personal experience, unlike where you got yours from (online job postings you very likely do not qualify to get hired for).

Programmers earn higher than that, yea. The person who creates Wordpress plugins and the person who creates 3D games for PS4... shay they are both referred to as programmers... check their payslips and see the difference.

There is a difference btw computer sculptor artists and game programmers. Creating a game is a piece of cake if you have very good artist and story writers.

Back to d topic:
The programmer who creates CMS plugins/themes is likely to earn over $100,000- $1,000,000 per year depending on sales, ad revenue, membership fees.

while

The programmer who create 3D "last gen" games are likely to earn over $1,000,000- $10,000,000 per year depending on sales, sponsors .e.t.c.
Re: What Is The Average Monthly Rate Of A Freelance Web Developer? by dhtml(m): 7:01pm On Aug 29, 2014
E be like say I go start doing ps4 games o.
Re: What Is The Average Monthly Rate Of A Freelance Web Developer? by spikesC(m): 7:38pm On Aug 29, 2014
DualCore1:

Your stats is very very wrong cool

Freelancing websites has made the hourly rate go very low quite alright, because of Asian developers, but that is not an indication of the global scene
Re: What Is The Average Monthly Rate Of A Freelance Web Developer? by DualCore1: 7:51pm On Aug 29, 2014
You guys are obviously not ready to be realistic. I'll stop by again sometime when I see some realism. Adios fellows.
Re: What Is The Average Monthly Rate Of A Freelance Web Developer? by GodMode: 8:21pm On Aug 29, 2014
DualCore1: You guys are obviously not ready to be realistic. I'll stop by again sometime when I see some realism. Adios fellows.

realistic shocked shocked shocked

go and read this http://www.therichest.com/rich-list/world/worlds-10-top-earning-bloggers/

most of them are just bloggers.
Re: What Is The Average Monthly Rate Of A Freelance Web Developer? by spikesC(m): 12:59am On Aug 30, 2014
DualCore1: You guys are obviously not ready to be realistic. I'll stop by again sometime when I see some realism. Adios fellows.

Na wa o, no one is quarreling with you.
You claimed a very unrealistic fact without any form of proof. Even dismissing job adverts as not reliable.
Like really? So people are not paid what the job adverts says they would be paid?

Your experience is not enough to put up a claim that, GLOBALLY, freelance web developers "usually" earn $8 - $16 because other people also have their own "experiences" and because the pay rate in this country will be very different from another country and also even states in a country.

Have you even considered official minimum wage?
Re: What Is The Average Monthly Rate Of A Freelance Web Developer? by DualCore1: 2:09am On Aug 30, 2014
We no dey fight. Its possible we are looking at things from very different angles. The web development market is saturated, it is overcrowded no thanks to Suresh, Raj and Gupta. A freelancer is different from an onsite fulltime developer who most likely has a running contract with an agreed salary per annum and other benefits. A freelancer usually has a monthly contract running and that's basically it.

We are talking about the average a freelancer earns, not the highest a php developer can earn.
We are talking about hiring rates, not how much a developer can make from the sale of his application or script.
Re: What Is The Average Monthly Rate Of A Freelance Web Developer? by DualCore1: 2:22am On Aug 30, 2014
dhtml: I am considering retiring officially from freelancing actually.
I retired September last year, in preps for the fulltime Iyawo project which I took on 4 months back tongue

It was interesting and challenging but its not fun to create apps for people and you get to see their corporate names credited for your apps while you are expected to remain silent based on their NDAs.

I think its wiser to spend time developing your own thing. The hardwork begins to pay off after a while, especially if you have developed a couple of things.
Re: What Is The Average Monthly Rate Of A Freelance Web Developer? by dhtml(m): 2:48am On Aug 30, 2014
^^^that is the real problem i am facing, I have a couple of interesting things i wish to build, so i decided to side-step out of freelancing and do a simpler job so I can achieve my objectives.
Re: What Is The Average Monthly Rate Of A Freelance Web Developer? by elvisudoh: 8:12am On Aug 30, 2014
[IMG][http://www.?aff=676][\IMG]

this is interesting...
Re: What Is The Average Monthly Rate Of A Freelance Web Developer? by babatope88(m): 11:52am On Aug 30, 2014
elvisudoh: [IMG][http://www.?aff=676][\IMG]

this is interesting...
What is the meaning of above link?
Re: What Is The Average Monthly Rate Of A Freelance Web Developer? by thewebcraft(m): 5:22pm On Aug 07, 2015
DualCore1:

I retired September last year, in preps for the fulltime Iyawo project which I took on 4 months back tongue

It was interesting and challenging but its not fun to create apps for people and you get to see their corporate names credited for your apps while you are expected to remain silent based on their NDAs.

I think its wiser to spend time developing your own thing. The hardwork begins to pay off after a while, especially if you have developed a couple of things.
on point

(1) (Reply)

Please Submit A Quote For This Website Job / Advertising Tools And Resources For Business Owners / How Do I Transfer From Paper To Soft Copy Without Typing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.