Stats: 3,148,507 members, 7,801,331 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:54 PM

The Bitter Truth About The National ID Card With Electronic Payment Feature - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Bitter Truth About The National ID Card With Electronic Payment Feature (1429 Views)

Buhari Presented With His National ID Card (Photos) / SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master / FG Replaces Voters-Card With National ID-Card (2) (3) (4)

The Bitter Truth About The National ID Card With Electronic Payment Feature by shutdownkaka22: 9:34am On Aug 29, 2014
It's a great initiative to have a
national ID card with electronic
payment feature but using a
foreign company to run such
service is the most stupid security
mistake ever.
This is NATIONAL IDENTITY CARD
we are talking about here, which
will contain the information of
owners: financial, health, home
and office address, all contacts
and tonnes of licenses ever
procured, why in the world would
a right thinking government
outsource such a program?
And worst of all, to US - a country
that has forever topped the global
spy kingdom for decades. Even
when her citizens are screaming
over deprivation of privacy rights,
our own government is business
handing over national data to
them.
Master Card is first and foremost
an American company before
being a profit oriented company.
To better understand things, take
a look at the economic sanctions
that have been imposed on some
countries. Those foreign
companies are ready to lose
whatever money they make in
those places once their home
government issues an order for
them to close office there.
Master Card even denied some
Russian banks service this year
when US government imposed
sanctions on Russia.
Master Card didn't make that
decision but they won't be telling
White House no either.
It's politics and it transcends the
financial aspect of affairs.
Facebook shutdown Wikileak's
page the moment they released
sensitive documents against US
citing some technical silly tales as
to why they can't let the page stay
open again. These companies
MUST always stick with their
home countries whenever they
are called upon.
If NSA could successfully spy on
millions of people in America and
several leaders around the world,
and some of these spy acts were
legal as the companies were arm-
twisted into letting them access
into their database, what happens
when they tell Master Card to let
them take a look at how Nigerians
are living their lives?
This is just plain crazy.
While most companies and even
countries are now shifting such
business to Switzerland which
has an iron clad anti piracy law
that seems alien in today's world
of electronic piracy voyuerism, our
own government is still business
swimming in shark infested
waters.

Re: The Bitter Truth About The National ID Card With Electronic Payment Feature by Tarenaija(m): 9:49am On Aug 29, 2014
hmm
Re: The Bitter Truth About The National ID Card With Electronic Payment Feature by eph12(m): 10:04am On Aug 29, 2014
Well I believe if NSA needs to know anything about you, there are many ways they can do that. By the way don't you own a master card already? Then your details are already with them.
In summary no go do anyhow cos you go see anyhow. Behave!
Re: The Bitter Truth About The National ID Card With Electronic Payment Feature by BlackPeni5: 11:02am On Aug 29, 2014
OP I totally agree with you...but you also need to realise that the contract is not just between the Nigerian Government and Mastercard. Accessbank is the Financial Institution which enables the Mastercard feature to be active in the first place. Mastercard is not a financial institution but a service provider and can be easily changed if need be.

We first need to develop a high quality service provider like Mastercard locally before we can cut them off.

Re: The Bitter Truth About The National ID Card With Electronic Payment Feature by Nobody: 11:10am On Aug 29, 2014
BlackPeni5: OP I totally agree with you...but you also need to realise that the contract is not just between the Nigerian Government and Mastercard. Accessbank is the Financial Institution which enables the Mastercard feature to be active in the first place. Mastercard is not a financial institution but a service provider and can be easily changed if need be.

We first need to develop a high quality service provider like Mastercard locally before we can cut them off.
of what essence is access bank involvement? Do we automatically become access bank customers?

Re: The Bitter Truth About The National ID Card With Electronic Payment Feature by BlackPeni5: 11:16am On Aug 29, 2014
Obiagelli:
of what essence is access bank involvement? Do we automatically become access bank customers?

I'm afraid that's the implication. But only the government can make such clarification.
Re: The Bitter Truth About The National ID Card With Electronic Payment Feature by Nobody: 11:20am On Aug 29, 2014
BlackPeni5:

I'm afraid that's the implication. But only the government can make such clarification.
that has fraud written all over it.

Re: The Bitter Truth About The National ID Card With Electronic Payment Feature by desgiezd(m): 11:43am On Aug 29, 2014
And how much is in this for Access Bank? Sure its not done FOC.

As for the Mastercard, the OP is right but is America not already having these info already, if they can successfully eavesdrop on conversations of world leaders like Angela Merkel, what else are they not capable of doing. However, our government should have been more proactive on this and exercise more caution.
Re: The Bitter Truth About The National ID Card With Electronic Payment Feature by ogbronx(m): 11:49am On Aug 29, 2014
Knowledgeable Christians know better.

Re: The Bitter Truth About The National ID Card With Electronic Payment Feature by Nobody: 11:49am On Aug 29, 2014
what's wrong with you people, if we give it to our own company you people will be the one to complain about fraud. never you trust our people with sensitive info of everybody. our people will obviously abuse it by selling peoples info to whoever ask for it . I've seen bankers (insider) stealing people money , cos she have access to do so.as for you castigating MasterCard, my broda you no get bank account ? Wetin MasterCard wan use you do. its good news that MasterCard is involve that shows that the card must be really secured. MasterCard must have done their research to make sure that yahoo boys can't dance skelewu with our info.
Re: The Bitter Truth About The National ID Card With Electronic Payment Feature by ISpiksDaTroof: 11:52am On Aug 29, 2014
eph12: Well I believe if NSA needs to know anything about you, there are many ways they can do that. By the way don't you own a master card already? Then your details are already with them.
Illiterate. In your own Mastercard is your biometric info included in it?

Re: The Bitter Truth About The National ID Card With Electronic Payment Feature by sleekymag(m): 12:26pm On Aug 29, 2014
It's only a sign of the end times. The third world countries are the ones with challenges for the coming antichrist and false prophet. Once Nigeria becomes a success story with the database of all its citizens intact like the new national electronic id card affords, then other smaller African countries can follow suit. There'll be order...and yes, when the mark of the beast is required, there'll be no hiding place for anyone to beat the system. In other words, accept Jesus Christ now, these things are inevitable.

Re: The Bitter Truth About The National ID Card With Electronic Payment Feature by eph12(m): 1:41pm On Aug 29, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof: Illiterate. In your own Mastercard is your biometric info included in it?
Re: The Bitter Truth About The National ID Card With Electronic Payment Feature by ChiSun27(m): 6:45am On Aug 30, 2014
OP u myt nt totally b wrng.....bt let's hope dat ur worst anticipation on d subj mata wunt apun.

#God bless n Secure 9ja
Re: The Bitter Truth About The National ID Card With Electronic Payment Feature by Tarenaija(m): 10:21am On Sep 02, 2014
eph12: Well I believe if NSA needs to know anything about you, there are many ways they can do that. By the way don't you own a master card already? Then your details are already with them.
hmm
Re: The Bitter Truth About The National ID Card With Electronic Payment Feature by nickxtra(m): 11:57am On Sep 02, 2014
Can someone help on how, where and when I can collect my card? I registered for same sometime in Spetember, 2013.

I’ve No Hand In $9.3m, Says Oritsejafor / Breaking: Radio Biafra Now On CHK 97.6 FM In Ph / I Have Not Seen Buhari's Certificates - Joe Igbokwe