Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,171 members, 7,807,547 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:10 PM

Digesting Australian Dr Davis Report On Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Digesting Australian Dr Davis Report On Boko Haram (2509 Views)

Davis Ikanya Covering Arrested INEC Official's Face (Photos) / Sambo Dansuki's Shaddy Deals Were Part Of Steven Davis' Report To Jonathan / Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Digesting Australian Dr Davis Report On Boko Haram by agabaI23(m): 9:38am On Aug 29, 2014
You must have read the report from the Australiam mediator Dr Davis but if you have not please go here
http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2014-08-27/australian-risks-life-to-rescue-kidnapped-nigerian-girls/5699676

Having gone through it, I wish to bring out the following excerpts:
"Boko Haram used to telephone Nigerian journalists and give them a story, but that doesn't happen anymore," he said. They go straight to social media. They post their own material and they've learnt to become very savvy on social media and use it as an instrument to terrorise."
Social media here includes nairaland. That means we have boko haram members here. Is it possible you have defended a bokoharam member just because he agrees with your political leaning?

Dr Davis said he had realised the only way to stop the kidnappings was to stop the sponsors of Boko Haram

While Al Qaeda was involved in training Boko Haram recruits, Dr Davis said one of their major sources of funding - aside from raiding banks - was Nigerian politicians.

"That makes it easier in some ways as they can be arrested, but of course the onus of proof is high and many are in opposition, so if the president moves against them, he would be accused of trying to rig the elections due early next year," he said.

"So I think this will run through to the election unabated.

"These politicians think that if they win power they can turn these terrorists off, but this has mutated.

"It's no longer a case of Muslims purifying by killing off Christians. They are just killing indiscriminately, beheading, disembowelling people - men, women and children and whole villages.

Is it possible that some of the sponsors are presidential hopefuls? What will become of Nigeria if they become the president of this country?
Those calling GEJ to arrest and arrest should read this and take a chill pill.

1 Like

Re: Digesting Australian Dr Davis Report On Boko Haram by agabaI23(m): 9:48am On Aug 29, 2014
What do you think?

Jmaine
itbomb
Obiagelli
berem
Sincere9gerian
Re: Digesting Australian Dr Davis Report On Boko Haram by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 29, 2014
is it also possible that someone does not want elections to hold in that region, since its an opposition stronghold.

7 Likes

Re: Digesting Australian Dr Davis Report On Boko Haram by Nobody: 10:08am On Aug 29, 2014
It is also possible that Dr Davies has clearly accepted failure and decided to create an exit strategy by making up stories and controversy

I blame Presidency for hiring a man who is clearly clueless about Nigerian history and geo politics! The WHITEMAN does not always know it all you know?

The Ihejirika claim is pure fantasy! I can bet my house in that

3 Likes

Re: Digesting Australian Dr Davis Report On Boko Haram by MeAndYou(m): 11:44am On Aug 29, 2014
Me thinks this revelation smells like a fish. This man was haired to negotiate and not to investigate or even to reveal. So this kind of revelation to me is like one out of many series of demands(ransoms) by BH in order to heed to his(negotiator's) request. And what other ransom can BH ask from the gentle man difference from the one that will help further their cause of causing confusion, blackmail and fear? That is 50:50 for both party. Or do you think the man would have used jazz to sweet talk BH into releasing the girls without any favour in return? #RansomThing #ExpectMore
Re: Digesting Australian Dr Davis Report On Boko Haram by jmaine: 11:46am On Aug 29, 2014
I consider it extreme foolishness from the Australian and the general populace who believe BH will willingly reel out their sponsors.

The Australian asked them a silly question and they gave him a silly response . . . To know who their sponsor is, you deploy stealth intelligence to unravel, not asking the perpetrators in the comfort of their base to mention them.

The whole sponsor talk is funny

1 Like

Re: Digesting Australian Dr Davis Report On Boko Haram by agabaI23(m): 11:58am On Aug 29, 2014
jmaine: I consider it extreme foolishness from the Australian and the general populace who believe BH will willingly reel out their sponsors.

The Australian asked them a silly question and they gave him a silly response . . . To know who their sponsor is, you deploy stealth intelligence to unravel, not asking the perpetrators in the comfort of their base to mention them.

The whole sponsor talk is funny
I agree with you on this point.

They named Ihejirika on Government side and named opposition politicians on the other side to balance the equation. They are very smart guys.... but the rule the fact they may be thinking they are in control now and like he said not even the intervention of the sponsors if the win election will turn off the tap.
Re: Digesting Australian Dr Davis Report On Boko Haram by seankafor(m): 11:59am On Aug 29, 2014
that guy must have ran out words..thats why he was blabbing rubbush..
Re: Digesting Australian Dr Davis Report On Boko Haram by jmaine: 12:04pm On Aug 29, 2014
agabaI23: You are very right but what if they think no one can undo them now as in they are fully established and not even the supposed sponsors can dismantle them like the reporter alluded to in his story?

With their recent exploits, they will surely feel invisible which I feel might lead to some carelessness on their part.

I must confess that to wipe them out, there will have to be an heavy collateral damage. At least they are leaving the comforts of their caves in Gwoza hills into town . . . .

It's quite sad, things has taken a turn to worse in Borno . . . .

1 Like

Re: Digesting Australian Dr Davis Report On Boko Haram by agabaI23(m): 12:17pm On Aug 29, 2014
jmaine:

They really know what they are doing by fanning the embers of suspicion into the general populace.

It's like a diabolical being willingly telling a stranger where the source of his/her juju power is from. Won't you send him/her on a wild goose while you hiss at his/her stupidity . . . .grin
You are very right but what if they think no one can undo them now as in they are fully established and not even the supposed sponsors can dismantle them like the reporter alluded to in his story?
Re: Digesting Australian Dr Davis Report On Boko Haram by SUBMARINE: 12:22pm On Aug 29, 2014
Obiagelli: is it also possible that someone does not want elections to hold in that region, since its an opposition stronghold.

SouthWest is also APC stronghold. So why is it not happening in the SouthWest.
Re: Digesting Australian Dr Davis Report On Boko Haram by SUBMARINE: 12:26pm On Aug 29, 2014
agabaI23: You are very right but what if they think no one can undo them now as in they are fully established and not even the supposed sponsors can dismantle them like the reporter alluded to in his story?

The fact is, BH has come to stay. Jona will continue to 2019. I pity the inhabitants of NE whose lives will be shattered by the time Jona leaves power.
Re: Digesting Australian Dr Davis Report On Boko Haram by Nobody: 12:29pm On Aug 29, 2014
Could it also be that the minorities in the north are being purnished for forming new political alliances and making progress on their own?
Re: Digesting Australian Dr Davis Report On Boko Haram by agabaI23(m): 12:31pm On Aug 29, 2014
SUBMARINE:

The fact is, BH has come to stay. Jona will continue to 2019. I pity the inhabitants of NE whose lives will be shattered by the time Jona leaves power.
Well I am one of those who believe that it is still possible to tame them. If the tamil tigers were rounded up and disarmed, then I think anything is possible
Re: Digesting Australian Dr Davis Report On Boko Haram by jmaine: 12:33pm On Aug 29, 2014
agabaI23:
Well I am oneof those who believes that it is still possible to tame them. If the tamil tigers were rounded up and disarmed, then I think anything is possible

You are right on the money . . .
Re: Digesting Australian Dr Davis Report On Boko Haram by jmaine: 12:34pm On Aug 29, 2014
mikeansy: Could it also be that the minorities in the north are being purnished for forming new political alliances and making progress on their own?

Mind expatiating further . . . .
Re: Digesting Australian Dr Davis Report On Boko Haram by didibee: 12:36pm On Aug 29, 2014
He is right about this being sponsored by politicians like Buhari n co. It all started when he lost the election. I was a corper then and cannot forget how my best friend almost lost her life. Their anger was that the Election was rigged. They all carried his placards saying he won and burned down houses and all in Borno State. Today those his faithfuls have turned BH because they believe the Govt. wouldn't favor them.

I can go on and on........they never knew it would not favor the Northern Muslims either.
Re: Digesting Australian Dr Davis Report On Boko Haram by SUBMARINE: 12:36pm On Aug 29, 2014
agabaI23:
Well I am oneof those who believes that it is still possible to tame them. If the tamil tigers were rounded up and disarmed, then I think anything is possible

Yes they can be tamed if the president is not hindered by enemies of democracy.
Re: Digesting Australian Dr Davis Report On Boko Haram by SUBMARINE: 12:39pm On Aug 29, 2014
mikeansy: Could it also be that the minorities in the north are being purnished for forming new political alliances and making progress on their own?

Yes it is very possible. The truth is that this people wants power at all cost and are ready to wage war for it.
Re: Digesting Australian Dr Davis Report On Boko Haram by kettykin: 12:41pm On Aug 29, 2014
How on Earth will Ihejirika , a chirstian , an Igbo and what the muslims call an Infidel be sponsoring Boko Haram that is bent on killing Infidels in their domain and converting their Domain to a 5th Century enlave.

The problem is not really that Boko Haram accused Ihejirika but their flawed thinking which in every respect shows how flawed their reasoning and logic has been all these while

4 Likes

Re: Digesting Australian Dr Davis Report On Boko Haram by SUBMARINE: 12:45pm On Aug 29, 2014
kettykin: How on Earth will Ihejirika , a chirstian , an Igbo and what the muslims call an Infidel be sponsoring Boko Haram that is bent on killing Infidels in their domain and converting their Domain to a 5th Century enlave.

The problem is not really that Boko Haram accused Ihejirika but their flawed thinking which in every respect shows how flawed their reasoning and logic has been all these while

The problem is not their thinking but strong desire to kill Igbos who they now see as political threat. Remember how they have being attacking Igbo elites since 2012.

3 Likes

Re: Digesting Australian Dr Davis Report On Boko Haram by Nobody: 12:47pm On Aug 29, 2014
SUBMARINE:

SouthWest is also APC stronghold. So why is it not happening in the SouthWest.
there was a structure to ride on in the north east,
Btw the pdp have building such structures in the south west, why do we have ferma task force in lagos and not other state? Opc was on the verge of getting protection contract from the FG but they made a U turn for UPN.

2 Likes

Re: Digesting Australian Dr Davis Report On Boko Haram by agabaI23(m): 12:49pm On Aug 29, 2014
SUBMARINE:

Yes they can be tamed if the president is not hindered by enemies of democracy.
Well We shall see
Re: Digesting Australian Dr Davis Report On Boko Haram by jmaine: 12:53pm On Aug 29, 2014
Obiagelli:
Btw the pdp have building such structures in the south west, why do we have ferma task force in lagos and not other state? Opc was on the verge of getting protection contract from the FG but they made a U turn for UPN.

Why not mention the Agbero structure put in place by the PDP in Lagos

1 Like

Re: Digesting Australian Dr Davis Report On Boko Haram by SUBMARINE: 12:58pm On Aug 29, 2014
Obiagelli:

Did OBJ burnt the country before winning his second term.? No
If Jona wants to rig the election, he doesn't need to burn down the North-East. You failed to realise through your geography and history that the Northern minorities wants fresh air.
BH is an army nuctured to seize power by force in like of the Ivorien style. In 2015 when GEJ wins the election, they win plan a coup and if it fails, the coup plotters will call upon the people to swell the ranks of BH.
Re: Digesting Australian Dr Davis Report On Boko Haram by Nobody: 12:58pm On Aug 29, 2014
jmaine:

Why not mention the Agbero structure put in place by the PDP in Lagos
they are in the same league as massob for apga in Anambra.

1 Like

Re: Digesting Australian Dr Davis Report On Boko Haram by SUBMARINE: 1:02pm On Aug 29, 2014
agabaI23: Well We shall see

My brother, BH is the standing army raised to support any failed Northern coup. Please study the genesis of Ivory coast civil war.
As I speak to you, this guys are hatching a post election coup. Nigerians don't understand how desperate these guys are.
Re: Digesting Australian Dr Davis Report On Boko Haram by jmaine: 1:05pm On Aug 29, 2014
Obiagelli: they are in the same league as massob for apga in Anambra.
And you forgot to add that the menace of agberoism in Lagos is a function of the APC and none other party. You stylishly omitted the APC while mentioning the PDP and APGA. Such manner of glaring bias . .

1 Like

Re: Digesting Australian Dr Davis Report On Boko Haram by Nobody: 1:07pm On Aug 29, 2014
SUBMARINE:

Did OBJ burnt the country before winning his second term.? No
If Jona wants to rig the election, he doesn't need to burn down the North-East. You failed to realise through your geography and history that the Northern minorities wants fresh air.
BH is an army nuctured to seize power by force in like of the Ivorien style. In 2015 when GEJ wins the election, they win plan a coup and if it fails, the coup plotters will call upon the people to swell the ranks of BH.
you can only rig elections where you are popular, gej got 1.14 million votes in Anambra in 2011
While the total number of votes cast in Anambra 2014 election is 442, 242. Tell me this is not rigging.

1 Like

Re: Digesting Australian Dr Davis Report On Boko Haram by Nobody: 1:09pm On Aug 29, 2014
jmaine: And you forgot to add that the menace of agberoism in Lagos is a function of the APC and none other party. You stylishly omitted the APC while mentioning the PDP and APGA. Such manner of glaring bias . .
you clearly pointed out that Apc controls the nurtw in your previous post, although stylishly done.

1 Like

Re: Digesting Australian Dr Davis Report On Boko Haram by Nobody: 1:10pm On Aug 29, 2014
Obiagelli:
you can only rig elections where you are popular, gej got 1.14 million votes in Anambra in 2011
While the total number of votes cast in Anambra 2014 election is 442, 242. Tell me this is not rigging.

Where did you get your alternative figure of number of votes cast?
Re: Digesting Australian Dr Davis Report On Boko Haram by dridowu: 1:12pm On Aug 29, 2014
Hmmmmm, though the boko haram may just have mention any1 as their sponsor inorder to cause confusion . But i will blame Ihejirika for his recent outburst about El-Rufai as one of the brain behind boko haram , as the COAS he was suppose to use his post to arrest any1 that he suspect as boko haram brain but he does not want to step on toes.
One thing i believe that once the government is fully ready to stop boko boiz , then they must use full force to conquer them.
The question remains "we the government step on toes " ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Jonathan Handshake Obasanjo (tout) At Niece's Wedding In Abuja -PHOTO / A Nairalanders Portrait Of Iara Fortes Oshiomhole / Buhari-rejects-n400m-armoured-cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.