Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:25 PM

Cinema 4d Vs 3d Max Vs Blender 3d: A Novice Want Ur Help. - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Cinema 4d Vs 3d Max Vs Blender 3d: A Novice Want Ur Help. (8506 Views)

Post Your Cinema 4d, Adobe After Effects Problems Here / Few Of My Cinema 4D 3D Models / 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cinema 4d Vs 3d Max Vs Blender 3d: A Novice Want Ur Help. by kiki1000(m): 10:05am On Aug 29, 2014
3D modelers, animators, and designers, please I am a lover of animation and would want to know more about art in the 3D world, I am using cinema 4d to learn but always hit a brick wall, recently I heard of blender for the first time, and heard of 3d max like a year ago, so I want to ask some questions that I need answers from pros like u guys,
1. Must I be a fine artist or a cartoonist to be able to model the characters I have imagined?
2. If question 1 is NO then, Between the 3 softwares I mentioned above which is the best to learn with?
3. I live in bayelsa state, is there any where I can learn from an experienced person?
Thanks.
Re: Cinema 4d Vs 3d Max Vs Blender 3d: A Novice Want Ur Help. by felixchip(m): 10:41am On Aug 29, 2014
Re: Cinema 4d Vs 3d Max Vs Blender 3d: A Novice Want Ur Help. by kiki1000(m): 1:04pm On Aug 29, 2014
Thank u, I appreciate it
Re: Cinema 4d Vs 3d Max Vs Blender 3d: A Novice Want Ur Help. by Briareos(m): 3:06pm On Aug 29, 2014
kiki1000: 3D modelers, animators, and designers, please I am a lover of animation and would want to know more about art in the 3D world, I am using cinema 4d to learn but always hit a brick wall, recently I heard of blender for the first time, and heard of 3d max like a year ago, so I want to ask some questions that I need answers from pros like u guys,
1. Must I be a fine artist or a cartoonist to be able to model the characters I have imagined?
2. If question 1 is NO then, Between the 3 softwares I mentioned above which is the best to learn with?
3. I live in bayelsa state, is there any where I can learn from an experienced person?
Thanks.

1. Modelling is a skill and it can be mastered. All you need is time and practice. And like felixchip said, having imagination will really help you.

2. Blender is free. But the reality is that most softwares are free in Nigeria. Just a walk to your nearest shopping complex where they sell CDs would get you any software you need. I would suggest you continue with Cinema4D simply because of it integration with After Effects. After Effects CC comes with a lite version of cinema 4D. But it wont matter sha if you use another software for composition other than AE.

3. Consider investing in data plans and download tutorials online.

1 Like

Re: Cinema 4d Vs 3d Max Vs Blender 3d: A Novice Want Ur Help. by kiki1000(m): 10:04pm On Aug 29, 2014
U see, with the cinema4d I can do some things like this pictures
Re: Cinema 4d Vs 3d Max Vs Blender 3d: A Novice Want Ur Help. by medamillion(m): 5:07am On Aug 31, 2014
@Briareos, which other effect creation software can one use in place of After Effect?
Re: Cinema 4d Vs 3d Max Vs Blender 3d: A Novice Want Ur Help. by felixchip(m): 5:27am On Aug 31, 2014
medamillion: @Briareos, which other effect creation software can one use in place of After Effect?

3Ds max
Re: Cinema 4d Vs 3d Max Vs Blender 3d: A Novice Want Ur Help. by spywareczar(m): 8:28am On Aug 31, 2014
@medamillion, Nuke or eyeon fusion
Re: Cinema 4d Vs 3d Max Vs Blender 3d: A Novice Want Ur Help. by felixchip(m): 8:35am On Aug 31, 2014
-
Re: Cinema 4d Vs 3d Max Vs Blender 3d: A Novice Want Ur Help. by Donald3d(m): 10:24pm On Sep 02, 2014
Actually both of YOU are wrong and correct at the same time 3dmax can actually do the work of after effects using aN inbuilt facility called VIDEO POST it is used for compositing u can also integrate other third party plugins and maxscripts for 3dmax to do the work of after effects(eg color correction) but truth be told it will be quicker if it is done in after effects or other softwares such AUTODESK COMPOSITE,NUKE,EYEON FUSION ETC.

1 Like

Re: Cinema 4d Vs 3d Max Vs Blender 3d: A Novice Want Ur Help. by kiki1000(m): 5:05pm On Sep 08, 2014
Guys! Guys!! Guys!!! This thread is for me and others like me to learn from experts like you so please just help me and stop this argument please
Re: Cinema 4d Vs 3d Max Vs Blender 3d: A Novice Want Ur Help. by aldecoy(m): 10:24am On Sep 09, 2014
Hello do u want to learn character modeling or animation.......I render personla training ,here's a sample below and a link to my page facebook.com/thisisaliakdogan

1 Like

Re: Cinema 4d Vs 3d Max Vs Blender 3d: A Novice Want Ur Help. by Ezyp(m): 11:02am On Dec 13, 2014
Use proser pro....to get a perfect model then learn how to use mocap to animate
Re: Cinema 4d Vs 3d Max Vs Blender 3d: A Novice Want Ur Help. by Nobody: 4:59am On Dec 29, 2014
All 3d software are just good it all depends on the one you feel comfortable with the only problem is the user

you can achieve the same thing in any of them but through different procedure am a blender fan and note blender is a free program with a nice rendering engine such as cycles render....with lots of tutorials online I mean more than enough to get your hands up to something in a week.

you can also join the blender family and check out for some of our works
https://www.nairaland.com/1320631/3d-enthusiast-zone-blender-3d

ones you are in for blender baby reach me for help
Re: Cinema 4d Vs 3d Max Vs Blender 3d: A Novice Want Ur Help. by DerrickM(m): 2:02pm On Jan 01, 2015
kiki1000:
3D modelers, animators, and designers, please I am a lover of animation and would want to know more about art in the 3D world, I am using cinema 4d to learn but always hit a brick wall, recently I heard of blender for the first time, and heard of 3d max like a year ago, so I want to ask some questions that I need answers from pros like u guys,
Thanks.
@KIKI1000: Here are my answers...
1. No, you don't have to a fine artist or cartoonist for 3d character design but able to create a basic thumbnail sketch clear enough to communicate your idea to a pro digital artist to draw the character's action pose and character model sheets(showing all elevations,clothes,suits or boy armour and weapons if any)saves a lot of stress for you...Word of advice never limit imagination for anything go beyond borders
2. Though am mainly biased towards Autodesk apps for 3d and VFX such as 3dsmax,Maya etc I have come to appreciate Cinema4D because of Adobe AfterEffects and Blender because of what I've seen,some amazing works done here and abroad that the quality was so alike in render output. Quoting "Digital Tutors" on their blog "No software is better than the other,they are capable of performing similar tasks varying in nature most efficiently or vice-versa in comparison",all dependent on the CG Artist in question which is you...
3. All I know for a fact is that Lagos,Abuja,Kaduna and Port-Harcourt have the highest concentration of experienced artists. You need to scout your end to find an experienced person to share with you,tips tutorials and videos courses from his or her archives for free or token if the person is willing hopefully in Bayelsa...
Otherwise you will have to come to any of those major cities I mentioned to find people or attend some short courses lasting a few months...3dsmax,Maya,Premiere Pro and AfterEffects are readily taught and available as courses because of popularity but Cinema4D is just picking up speed in that aspect from my observation...
Source for tutorials online youtube,vimeo,digital tutors,lynda,tuts+premium and many more invest in them,best regards
Re: Cinema 4d Vs 3d Max Vs Blender 3d: A Novice Want Ur Help. by DerrickM(m): 2:16pm On Jan 01, 2015
Check out this advert for premium video tutorials,apps included with the plugins and it can be delivered to you in Bayelsa if you can't get anyone to teach you directly...
https://www.nairaland.com/1934666/cinema-4d-premium-tutorials-materials
Re: Cinema 4d Vs 3d Max Vs Blender 3d: A Novice Want Ur Help. by emak1991: 12:36am On Aug 02, 2020
I'm into 3d modeling and animation.If u are interested in learning 3d modeling and animation, call me on 08106244065(Rainbow view animation).
Tins u will learn:
Environment modeling
Objects modeling and animation.
Character modeling and animation
Re: Cinema 4d Vs 3d Max Vs Blender 3d: A Novice Want Ur Help. by Rotepim: 7:48pm On Oct 03, 2022
Good day,

Looking for someone that can help to make 3d models (final submit in blend or obj files) for simple equipments at a fee

You can mail me:

visitrotimi@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Wallpaper For nairaland? / My Life As An Artist / Rate My Cartoon Illustration Of Chris Brown And Baby Royalty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.