Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,571 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:38 PM

I Now See Why Many Protestants Accuse Catholics Of Idolatry - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Now See Why Many Protestants Accuse Catholics Of Idolatry (2881 Views)

Putting God First: Modern-Day Idolatry Among Christians Today / EFF Accuse Zuma Of Witchcraft After Two Mermaids Where Found In Nkandla’s “fire / Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Now See Why Many Protestants Accuse Catholics Of Idolatry by italo: 10:10am On Aug 29, 2014
BECAUSE THEY ARE BLOODY JEALOUS HYPOCRITES!

Or how else can we explain it that protestants bow, kneel, prostrate and even enslave themselves to the bible (a book) and their pastors (men)...

Yet turn around to complain about Catholics?

4 Likes

Re: I Now See Why Many Protestants Accuse Catholics Of Idolatry by Danhumprey: 10:17am On Aug 29, 2014
It's now a war between Catholics and Protestants? Smh!

1 Like

Re: I Now See Why Many Protestants Accuse Catholics Of Idolatry by Nobody: 10:22am On Aug 29, 2014
Let God defend him, a genuine christian will ignore dis thread.
Re: I Now See Why Many Protestants Accuse Catholics Of Idolatry by Tallesty1(m): 10:26am On Aug 29, 2014
You sure you are ready for this?
Re: I Now See Why Many Protestants Accuse Catholics Of Idolatry by italo: 10:33am On Aug 29, 2014
We've also heard of protestant pastors who tell their members to eat grass, come to church stark naked and these members who obey such obscenities.

One even told the females in his congregation to suck 'anointed milk' from his penis...and they did - mothers and daughters!

Rev. King burned people alive yet his members worship him to this day.

Pastor Biodun COZA told Ese "I want to show you another level of grace" when he was about to commit adultery with her...and she obeyed and spread her unmarried Christian legs for the married "man of God" or 'god of men' to ravage the temple of the Holy Spirit.

Those are the same people who are always criticizing Catholics of "worshipping other gods."

4 Likes

Re: I Now See Why Many Protestants Accuse Catholics Of Idolatry by DeepSight(m): 10:42am On Aug 29, 2014
^^^ Excellent Argument. Well made.
Re: I Now See Why Many Protestants Accuse Catholics Of Idolatry by Nobody: 11:00am On Aug 29, 2014
italo: BECAUSE THEY ARE BLOODY JEALOUS HYPOCRITES!

This and the pictures got me

I always agree with @plaetton who once noted that Pentecostalism is a virulent strain of Christianity and should be treated as such. Members abnegate all forms of reasoning and become zombies in the hands of these self-appointed God men. It's a pity reallyu.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Now See Why Many Protestants Accuse Catholics Of Idolatry by Ubenedictus(m): 11:08am On Aug 29, 2014
Italo isn't the op very confrotational?
Re: I Now See Why Many Protestants Accuse Catholics Of Idolatry by babestell(f): 11:10am On Aug 29, 2014
HEheehehehehehe

Bros Italo

Abeg o!
Re: I Now See Why Many Protestants Accuse Catholics Of Idolatry by mmsen: 11:17am On Aug 29, 2014
Danhumprey: It's now a war between Catholics and Protestants? Smh!

There have always been wars between Protestants and Catholics.

Have you never heard of the Irish troubles? Or the various other conflicts fought in Europe between the two factions?
Re: I Now See Why Many Protestants Accuse Catholics Of Idolatry by mmsen: 11:19am On Aug 29, 2014
italo: BECAUSE THEY ARE BLOODY JEALOUS HYPOCRITES!

Or how else can we explain it that protestants bow, kneel, prostrate and even enslave themselves to the bible (a book) and their pastors (men)...

Yet turn around to complain about Catholics?

You're right, Catholics and Protestants are equally misguided.

1 Like

Re: I Now See Why Many Protestants Accuse Catholics Of Idolatry by Ubenedictus(m): 11:29am On Aug 29, 2014
mmsen:

now this made me laugh!

How misguided?
Re: I Now See Why Many Protestants Accuse Catholics Of Idolatry by mmsen: 11:33am On Aug 29, 2014
Ubenedictus:

now this made me laugh!

How misguided?

Are you asking for a list of nonsensical dogma?
Re: I Now See Why Many Protestants Accuse Catholics Of Idolatry by Nobody: 11:45am On Aug 29, 2014
Danhumprey: It's now a war between Catholics and Protestants? Smh!
visit this link and share in ur opinions https://www.nairaland.com/1878574/discrepancies-christianity
Ubenedictus:

now this made me laugh!

How misguided?
mr priest i hail o.. Share in ur view here.. I've heard that u always have the true knowledge in u.. Make it known here https://www.nairaland.com/1878574/discrepancies-christianity
Re: I Now See Why Many Protestants Accuse Catholics Of Idolatry by Ubenedictus(m): 12:16pm On Aug 29, 2014
mmsen:

Are you asking for a list of nonsensical dogma?

i guess you are talking from the atheistic POV.

How do we classify dogmas as "nonsensical"?
Re: I Now See Why Many Protestants Accuse Catholics Of Idolatry by Ubenedictus(m): 12:17pm On Aug 29, 2014
ProphetUdeme: visit this link and share in ur opinions https://www.nairaland.com/1878574/discrepancies-christianity mr priest i hail o.. Share in ur view here.. I've heard that u always have the true knowledge in u.. Make it known here https://www.nairaland.com/1878574/discrepancies-christianity

who told you that?
Re: I Now See Why Many Protestants Accuse Catholics Of Idolatry by Nobody: 12:34pm On Aug 29, 2014
manuell1021: Let God defend him, a genuine christian will ignore dis thread.

From your post, you are not a genuine christian. grin

Why didn't you ignore it! cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Now See Why Many Protestants Accuse Catholics Of Idolatry by mmsen: 12:38pm On Aug 29, 2014
Ubenedictus: i guess you are talking from the atheistic POV.

How do we classify dogmas as "nonsensical"?

Foolish or absurd, unfounded.

Religious "faith" is based on the absence of reason - by default it is nonsensical.

2 Likes

Re: I Now See Why Many Protestants Accuse Catholics Of Idolatry by Ubenedictus(m): 1:02pm On Aug 29, 2014
mmsen:

Foolish or absurd, unfounded.

Religious "faith" is based on the absence of reason - by nature is it nonsensical.
Re: I Now See Why Many Protestants Accuse Catholics Of Idolatry by italo: 1:57pm On Aug 29, 2014
FrancisTony:

From your post, you are not a genuine christian. grin

Why didn't you ignore it! cheesy

I tire.
Re: I Now See Why Many Protestants Accuse Catholics Of Idolatry by cold(m): 3:08pm On Aug 29, 2014
mmsen:
Haha..so true

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Now See Why Many Protestants Accuse Catholics Of Idolatry by emmyskies(m): 8:03pm On Sep 02, 2014
Oh my goodness!!! Hold on a minute Italo, I wouldn't have made my comment but read where you wrote "enslave to a book-the Bible"
Wow!! Are you for real?? Or t'was a mistake whilest typing?

1 Like

Re: I Now See Why Many Protestants Accuse Catholics Of Idolatry by Ukutsgp(m): 5:39am On Sep 03, 2014
how does this stop d catholic from being idolaters?

how does this erase d fact that catholic is false?

and how will this stop d catholic members from licking d pope's foot?

how will this stop them from propagating false teachings ?
Re: I Now See Why Many Protestants Accuse Catholics Of Idolatry by italo: 7:09am On Sep 03, 2014
emmyskies: Oh my goodness!!! Hold on a minute Italo, I wouldn't have made my comment but read where you wrote "enslave to a book-the Bible"
Wow!! Are you for real?? Or t'was a mistake whilest typing?

Many protestants enslave themselves to a book they call Bible.

Don't you see them worshipping it in that pic?
Re: I Now See Why Many Protestants Accuse Catholics Of Idolatry by adsonstone: 7:35am On Sep 03, 2014
Protestants enslave themselves to a book- the Bible- The (written) word of God.

Roman Catholics enslave themselves to diverse kinds of graven images and statues.

Hallelujah!!!
Re: I Now See Why Many Protestants Accuse Catholics Of Idolatry by emmyskies(m): 10:05am On Sep 03, 2014
italo:

Many protestants enslave themselves to a book they call Bible.

Don't you see them worshipping it in that pic?

No. Leave that pic. That is just a section. I'm talking about the generality of protestant
Re: I Now See Why Many Protestants Accuse Catholics Of Idolatry by italo: 5:34pm On Sep 03, 2014
emmyskies:

No. Leave that pic. That is just a section. I'm talking about the generality of protestant

Why should I leave a pic that proves that protestants enslave themselves to sheets of paper instead of worshipping God in truth and spirit?

Do protestants ignore pictures when they want to use them to malign Catholics?
Re: I Now See Why Many Protestants Accuse Catholics Of Idolatry by italo: 5:47pm On Sep 03, 2014
adsonstone: Protestants enslave themselves to a book- the Bible- The (written) word of God.

Roman Catholics enslave themselves to diverse kinds of graven images and statues.

Hallelujah!!!

The word of God is Jesus.

The Book is not the word of God...just like a file that contains soft copy of the Bible is not the word of God.

The book contains the written word of God...just like your phone can contain the soft copy of the written word.

I don't see you worshipping your phone.

You worship sheet of paper and your pastors.

The pics above prove it.

2 Likes

Re: I Now See Why Many Protestants Accuse Catholics Of Idolatry by italo: 5:51pm On Sep 03, 2014
http://maverickchristians.com/2012/05/13/icon-worship-infiltrating-protestant-churches/

This link shows a protestant talking of how you, his fellow protestant hypocrites worship images through multimedia slides in your services.

Deny that you've never seen that happen!

smiley

1 Like

Re: I Now See Why Many Protestants Accuse Catholics Of Idolatry by urheme: 6:00pm On Sep 03, 2014
Ok!!
Italo, pls explain the doctrine of trinity.
Re: I Now See Why Many Protestants Accuse Catholics Of Idolatry by urheme: 6:00pm On Sep 03, 2014
Ok!!
Italo, pls explain the doctrine of trinity.

God sent Jesus to redeem us and then sent the holy spirit to confort us, how do you reconcile this?.
Re: I Now See Why Many Protestants Accuse Catholics Of Idolatry by adsonstone: 6:05pm On Sep 03, 2014
italo:

The word of God is Jesus.

The Book is not the word of God...just like a file that contains soft copy of the Bible is not the word of God.

The book contains the written word of God...just like your phone can contain the soft copy of the written word.[
/b]

I don't see you worshipping your phone.

[b]You worship sheet of paper and your pastors.

The pics above prove it.

Sorry, but this holds no water.

How is it ever possible to have written words of God without a book or any surface/screen?

Protestants enslave themselves to a book that holds the (written) word of God.

Hallelujah!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Does Glory Dome Have No Cross Of Christ On The Building Or At The Altar ? / How To Celebrate Christmas / Was Jesus Rich?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.