Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,072 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:26 PM

Which One Would You Choose For A Young Brother? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Which One Would You Choose For A Young Brother? (1114 Views)

Confused On What School To Choose For Your JAMB 2016? Come In Here!!! / What Course Will You Choose If You Have A Second Chance? / Unilag Post Utme This Trend Is For You If You Choose Unilag As First Choice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which One Would You Choose For A Young Brother? by tolaxin(m): 10:20am On Aug 29, 2014
I want to know which one would be so cool according to the Nigeria economy.. A degree in Mechanical Engineering OR Computer Science

1 Like

Re: Which One Would You Choose For A Young Brother? by DEGREE2466(m): 10:42am On Aug 29, 2014
tolaxin: I want to know which one would be so cool according to the Nigeria economy.. A degree in Mechanical Engineering OR Computer Science

IT DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU WANT TO DO. WHAT DO YOU HAVE PASSION FOR? WHY DID YOU WANT TO CHOOSE WHAT YOU WANT TO CHOOSE. TO ME MECHANICAL ENGINEERING WILL PAY MORE THAN COMPUTER SCIENCE BUT CAN YOU BE ABLE TO MAKE IT IN ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT
Re: Which One Would You Choose For A Young Brother? by tolaxin(m): 10:59am On Aug 29, 2014
DEGREE2466:

IT DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU WANT TO DO. WHAT DO YOU HAVE PASSION FOR? WHY DID YOU WANT TO CHOOSE WHAT YOU WANT TO CHOOSE. TO ME MECHANICAL ENGINEERING WILL PAY MORE THAN COMPUTER SCIENCE BUT CAN YOU BE ABLE TO MAKE IT IN ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT
sure I can make it in the engineering department; I'm a big fan of maths and physics. But how about the job opportunity?
Re: Which One Would You Choose For A Young Brother? by Matric240: 11:48am On Aug 29, 2014
u said u are a big fan of math and phy is that the only entity of engineering. What about technical drawing, the craddle of engineering or are u an aspirant. The u said they lay under t.d without t.d u can't understand eng calculative math and phy. Summacumlaud
Re: Which One Would You Choose For A Young Brother? by Lero15(m): 12:05pm On Aug 29, 2014
Try Mech, Chem/Petr, Civil, or Elect Eng
Those are d most sought after courses.
Re: Which One Would You Choose For A Young Brother? by tolaxin(m): 12:14pm On Aug 29, 2014
Matric240: u said u are a big fan of math and phy is that the only entity of engineering. What about technical drawing, the craddle of engineering or are u an aspirant. The u said they lay under t.d without t.d u can't understand eng calculative math and phy. Summacumlaud
I am an aspirant, tell me wht you know about the two.
Re: Which One Would You Choose For A Young Brother? by tolaxin(m): 12:15pm On Aug 29, 2014
Lero15: Try Mech, Chem/Petr, Civil, or Elect Eng
Those are d most sought after courses.
in terms of employment or admission in sch?
Re: Which One Would You Choose For A Young Brother? by Lero15(m): 12:42pm On Aug 29, 2014
tolaxin: in terms of employment or admission in sch?
employment
Re: Which One Would You Choose For A Young Brother? by fr3do(m): 2:12pm On Aug 29, 2014
CSC
Re: Which One Would You Choose For A Young Brother? by tolaxin(m): 3:16pm On Aug 29, 2014
fr3do: CSC
what is that?
Re: Which One Would You Choose For A Young Brother? by fr3do(m): 4:33pm On Aug 29, 2014
tolaxin: what is that?

Computer science, that's the department code
MEE is mechanical engineering.
Re: Which One Would You Choose For A Young Brother? by tolaxin(m): 4:50pm On Aug 29, 2014
fr3do:

Computer science, that's the department code
MEE is mechanical engineering.
so tell me, why do you think csc would be cool?
Re: Which One Would You Choose For A Young Brother? by fr3do(m): 5:20pm On Aug 29, 2014
tolaxin: so tell me, why do you think csc would be cool?

You can be your own boss more easily.
And this era is an era of computers.

1 Like

Re: Which One Would You Choose For A Young Brother? by Karleb(m): 6:48pm On Aug 29, 2014
Mechanical engineering any day any time.
Re: Which One Would You Choose For A Young Brother? by tolaxin(m): 7:02pm On Aug 29, 2014
Karleb: Mechanical engineering any day any time.
pls what are your reasons for this?
Re: Which One Would You Choose For A Young Brother? by Karleb(m): 7:30pm On Aug 29, 2014
tolaxin: pls what are your reasons for this?

Personally I prefer mech eng 'cause I believe it's more challenging and tasky, unlike CSC.
Re: Which One Would You Choose For A Young Brother? by tolaxin(m): 7:06am On Aug 30, 2014
Karleb:

Personally I prefer mech eng 'cause I believe it's more challenging and tasky, unlike CSC.
after you go through all the challenges and tasks in school, is the nigeria future promising more employment opportunities?
Re: Which One Would You Choose For A Young Brother? by Karleb(m): 8:17am On Aug 30, 2014
tolaxin: after you go through all the challenges and tasks in school, is the nigeria future promising more employment opportunities?

You of all people should know that all engineering are in hot demand wink, forget about derisnojob phrase.

If you as an engineer comes out with a good grade you can always get a better job that has to do with your discipline and with a good pay.

But if you study CSC, you'll get a job with a good pay of course but your job might not be in the way of what you studied.

Where I work(white collar job grin wink) we have 2 computer scientists assisting the Admin officer who read Bus Admin, i.e the bus admin guy is the boss who commands his assistants(csc guys) to write letter and send sms all days lipsrsealed.

So if you really want to work where you'll love then I'll advice you to go with mech eng.

PS: This is just my own idea oo tongue.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Unizik Won NAPE Basin Evaluation Competition 2014 / Ican Ats September 2015 Diet Lectures@oau / How To Dress For A Job Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.