Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,023 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:37 AM

Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. (6011 Views)

Trailer Crushes Police Vehicle On Aba-Owerri Road (Photos) / 4 Unusual Things That Can Only Happen In Aba / Tanker Explosion Around MCC-Abayi In Aba This Morning (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by priscaoge(f): 5:32pm On Aug 29, 2014
obayaya:

The entry points into Aba are all messed up. And that goes a long way in painting Aba as a messed up city. The good parts notwithstanding.
Some streets in Aba isn't good as well especially this rainy season. There are better ones tho
Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:32pm On Aug 29, 2014
When travelling on Port Harcourt - Aba Expressway, the sight of dirts tells you you are in Aba.
Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by ketoprofen(m): 5:41pm On Aug 29, 2014
Collynzo16:
There are slums hidden somewhwere in almost every city, but that of Aba is different; you are greeted by filth whether you are entering from the left or from the right. You can fall sick by just driving through there alone.
Well, that's not what we are seeing from this pix. Some sides are good. Don't tell me that guy in the jeep in the last pix has fallen sick

1 Like

Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by ketoprofen(m): 5:43pm On Aug 29, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: When travelling on Port Harcourt - Aba Expressway, the sight of dirts tells you you are in Aba.

No problem. Read the title of the thread
Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by obayaya(m): 5:47pm On Aug 29, 2014
priscaoge:
Some streets in Aba isn't good as well especially this rainy season. There are better ones tho

Yeah some streets aren't good. But the entry points paint a very bad picture of the city even before you enter it. Just like Head bridge and upper iweka used to be the bane of Onitsha.

3 Likes

Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by Collynzo16: 5:59pm On Aug 29, 2014
obayaya:

The entry points into Aba are all messed up. And that goes a long way in painting Aba as a messed up city. The good parts notwithstanding.
Really unfortunate.
Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by Sammyblaq(m): 6:48pm On Aug 29, 2014
the town is dirty and rugged but those things wont make me hate the town cos i started there. I love ABA. Governance is the only problem i see aba having.
What i need in next years election is a Governor that will invest in aba...the town generates the heighest revenue in the state.
Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by Sammyblaq(m): 6:51pm On Aug 29, 2014
aba is a well planned and routed town but just the bad roads and blocked gutters..
Odila nma

1 Like

Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by Sammyblaq(m): 7:20pm On Aug 29, 2014
Kachisbarbie: I stay in Aba. These pics are real -truetalk.
But please, Aba is messed up.
I can see Aba/owerri road
-Ekenna
-Azikwe/Asa road
-that Enitona/Tonimas side, that road leading to PZ (Eziama GRA), is good because, PZ is situated there, that's actually where I live and I know the streets that flank it to the left/right are messed up too
-the road leading to Ahia ohuru, can't rem what is called, smooth road but very small.
These pictures must have been taken during the dry season, because we all know how Aba is now. Lets not pretend about it
-you see that Abia poly side, I used the speed I used last 2weeks to pass it yesterday, my bumper never recover till now.
-Faulks Road, you just showed the beginning around Jevenik, lets go a lil further past Omenazu towards Ariaria and story would change

These pics are concentrated on about 5major places in Aba, you just keep on showing me the oncoming/forthcoming lanes.
There is business in Aba, but God know say Aba biz people dey suffer during rainy season. I pity them a lot.

I'm not saying Aba doesn't have good sides, but e be like the bad pass the good.
In all, Aba is a wonderful town, dirt aside. I don't have plans of relocating anymore. I have told my hubby, it's Aba for life...
so you stay in aba as well...
u'v said it all. When it comes to good road, Aba have a few but i believe a good governor will enforce a change in the town.
I love Aba.
I stay on the same street with Sen.Nkechi Nwogu but my road is nothing to write home about.

Starpapermill is my junction
Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by Nobody: 7:54pm On Aug 29, 2014
Sammyblaq:
u'v said it all. When it comes to good road, Aba have a few but i believe a good governor will enforce a change in the town.
I love Aba.
I stay on the same street with Sen.Nkechi Nwogu but my road is nothing to write home about.

Really? That's good to know.
I love Aba too joor. People don't get our grievance, we not even asking T.Orji to construct roads because that will be too much to ask for.
We asking him to just help us maintain the ones that has been constructed ever since, he refused.
Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by priscaoge(f): 9:10pm On Aug 29, 2014
Sammyblaq:
I love Aba.

In that case I live close to ur side. Wow that's nice. My area is cool but d road is bad as well. Just wondering Y it have to be so becos most rich Men have their mansions here,unlike my area in Owerri
Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by Sammyblaq(m): 9:23pm On Aug 29, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
Really? That's good to know.
I love Aba too joor. People don't get our grievance, we not even asking T.Orji to construct roads because that will be too much to ask for.
We asking him to just help us maintain the ones that has been constructed ever since, he refused.
all the good roads in aba 2day is the one of DE Sam...u said maintaining¿ Do aba/owerri rd look like a dualized road?. Wat about the pothole @aba north that do cause jam every morning.
The state govt is at a still...was at Ahia ohuru, the refuse dump i met made me spit the ist time.
Imagine Ebonyi we all took to be the least state of the east have good roads oo.

Am just not feeling this govt...
Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by Sammyblaq(m): 9:32pm On Aug 29, 2014
priscaoge:
In that case I live close to ur side. Wow that's nice. My area is cool but d road is bad as well. Just wondering Y it have to be so becos most rich Men have their mansions here,unlike my area in Owerri
is good oge...u leave close. Em em em. I guess umuatoko strt...st.pauls...union bank....
Rich ppl around ma hood but they aint been effective on construction matters...God dey shaa.

'nwa aba'...i will answer u but i rep Imolite, abia still viva mum

1 Like

Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by priscaoge(f): 9:37pm On Aug 29, 2014
Sammyblaq:
is good oge...u leave close. Em em em. I guess umuatoko strt...st.pauls...union bank....
Rich ppl around ma hood but they aint been effective on construction matters...God dey shaa.

'nwa aba'...i will answer u but i rep Imolite, abia still viva mum
Lolz, am not Nwa aba,I just relocated to Aba frm Owerri. My hood is that Union Bank area.
Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by Nobody: 11:03pm On Aug 29, 2014
obayaya:

Yeah some streets aren't good. But the entry points paint a very bad picture of the city even before you enter it. Just like Head bridge and upper iweka used to be the bane of Onitsha.
Stop it,
Aba is a beautiful city sad
Far better than your Onitsha tongue
Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by Sammyblaq(m): 11:32pm On Aug 29, 2014
priscaoge:
Lolz, am not Nwa aba,I just relocated to Aba frm Owerri. My hood is that Union Bank area.
welcome to enyimba...u gats adapt to the way. Ok
goodnight#

1 Like

Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by felalegend: 3:49am On Aug 30, 2014
Current state of Ariaria in the outskirts of Aba. Government needs to help these hardworking people.

Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by felalegend: 3:56am On Aug 30, 2014
Pic

Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by ak47mann(m): 4:18am On Aug 30, 2014
T.A orji should have focus mainly on major roads that connect easy access to businesses cool
Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by Dibiachukwu: 4:28am On Aug 30, 2014
Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by obayaya(m): 6:35am On Aug 30, 2014
Ishsoph:
Stop it,
Aba is a beautiful city sad
Far better than your Onitsha tongue

I went to Aba on Thursday!!!

Mehn that osisioma area no be am. The hold up eh.. We had to take that teaching hospital route. That side too was messed up. though better than the osisioma side

2 Likes

Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by IGBOSON1: 1:09pm On Aug 30, 2014
My blood boils when i see all these bad areas of Aba.....bad roads; dirt; lack of aesthetics; and no one giving a fuc/k about beautifying and greening up the environment!

This is what you get when you elect a proper local man with zero vision; coupled with a passive electorate! He has spent 7 years as governor yet he couldn't give Ariaria market a friendly and welcoming environment with world-class facilities that would make it a magnate for shoppers (retail and wholesale) from across Africa!

The man just has no class!

1 Like

Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by EASTVIEW: 2:32pm On May 30, 2015
customized13 oya for don ready. cheesy
Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by EASTVIEW: 2:33pm On May 30, 2015
customized13 for don ready. cheesy
Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by konjakonja(m): 6:23pm On Jun 22, 2015
Aba is gradually rising again,thanks to Okezie Ikpeazu
Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by cjrane: 1:30am On Jul 08, 2015
Why was this thread abandoned?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Am Moving To Senegal / Renewal Of US Passport For Child In Nigeria / Man Designed Off-road Wheel Chair For Wife To Go Places And People Are Demanding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.