Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,369 members, 7,808,292 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:56 AM

The Discrepancies In Christianity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Discrepancies In Christianity (956 Views)

SYNAGOGUE: Lagos State Admits Discrepancies In Engineer's Report / Bible Scholars Admit To Bible Text Discrepancies / Does Satan Really Eat With His Left Hand? And Other Quranic Discrepancies! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Discrepancies In Christianity by Nobody: 11:19am On Aug 29, 2014
In the world today, there are myriads of religions, thousands upon thousands.. Yet still the one religion that stands out the most is Christianity.. The islam is said to be the religion that has the second largest followers after Christianity... But they are one... The pagans, traditional religions, buddhist are one But here in Christianity there is a believe on one God. But there are numerous sects that brings up different doctrines and others rising up and attacking themselves with arguements... The catholics are there defending their faith as the first church builded by Jesus on peter and therefore are infallible, the protestants which are pentecostals are here attacking their (catholic) doctrines on stature worship and a mary honour, the jehovah witnesses are there with their own belief while the said truly born again are here but they argue among themselves abt holiness and eternal security, and some having heavenly visions and coming back to point hands on some of their brethren to be satanic. Some believe there is an afterlife punishment (hell fire) while some reject.. Since Christianity is the only true why are there many categories of embiums and disagreements in the body of Christ? Or is it that satan the devil is really battling to bring them down with divisions since they have the truth? Share in ur opinions. God bless
Re: The Discrepancies In Christianity by Ubenedictus(m): 12:14pm On Aug 29, 2014
I think satan is having a field day...divisions in the body of Christ are the work of the evil.

I'll try to discuss this later.

1 Like

Re: The Discrepancies In Christianity by oteneaaron(m): 12:19pm On Aug 29, 2014
i appreciate the fact dat u were open to opinions .........ulike some nairalanders.....................anyway,, to really understand these "discrepancies", u need to make research and learn about the schisms dat rocked the early catholic church............m not attacking any denomination......but as they say, the present can ne'er be uderstood without understanding the past......peace

1 Like

Re: The Discrepancies In Christianity by Nobody: 1:35pm On Aug 29, 2014
oteneaaron: i appreciate the fact dat u were open to opinions .........ulike some nairalanders.....................anyway,, to really understand these "discrepancies", u need to make research and learn about the schisms dat rocked the early catholic church............m not attacking any denomination......but as they say, the present can ne'er be uderstood without understanding the past......peace
oh really... Anyway thanks for ur opinion... God bless
Re: The Discrepancies In Christianity by Nobody: 1:44pm On Aug 29, 2014
Ubenedictus: I think satan is having a field day...divisions in the body of Christ are the work of the evil.
yeah ure right.. Because ur neighbour is a catholic then the pentecostal fellow neighbour calls him/her and unbeliever, jehovah witness only marry within themselves as a command from the Lord... In the pentecostal church, the deeper life church, redeem church and lord's chosen church an holiness revival church were all one in brotherhood but a lady called linda ngaujah died went to heaven came back and got a revelation that the Lord's chosen church are satanic and their God of chosen is satanic and redeem church are heading to hell. And now the division started, all the brethren in deeper lyf or any church now sees the Lord's chosen as a devilish church... An all the numerous division and confusion upon confusion...
ubenedictus:

I'll try to discuss this later.
my question is how will someone who longs to become a christian, how will he/she feel, will it not repudiate him/her from becoming a convert to christianity after she has accepted Christ? Pls later u enlighten me
Re: The Discrepancies In Christianity by lepasharon(f): 12:38am On Sep 01, 2014
Having doubts about ur religion are ya?
Re: The Discrepancies In Christianity by Oluwason(m): 9:25am On Sep 01, 2014
Hmm, one thing I have come to understand about this as a Christian is once u are sincerely sincere, u will find the truth or rather the truth would find u out no matter how long.

The major problem of schism in the Christendom today is insincerity and selfcenteredness, this is the reason we have die hard fans no matter what.
Re: The Discrepancies In Christianity by Nobody: 10:07am On Sep 02, 2014
lepasharon: Having doubts about ur religion are ya?
hello lady.. I cant doubt my religion.. I am not even in the christian religion but rather i am born again in Christ.. Christ the Lord is real and He has revealed Himself to me.. I dont doubt but rather it pains me when there are divisions in the very body of Christ.. Sha u wont understand until u get converted forst... Accept Jesus and u will be at peace my dear sister
Re: The Discrepancies In Christianity by Nobody: 10:12am On Sep 02, 2014
Oluwason: Hmm, one thing I have come to understand about this as a Christian is once u are sincerely sincere, u will find the truth or rather the truth would find u out no matter how long.

The major problem of schism in the Christendom today is insincerity and selfcenteredness, this is the reason we have die hard fans no matter what.
sincerity and honesty u mean? The false doctrines of the heretics in christianity started due to their selfish desires and they corrupted the word of God to suit their desires
Re: The Discrepancies In Christianity by nnatom: 8:51pm On Sep 02, 2014
ProphetUdeme: hello lady.. I cant doubt my religion.. I am not even in the christian religion but rather i am born again in Christ.. Christ the Lord is real and He has revealed Himself to me.. I dont doubt but rather it pains me when there are divisions in the very body of Christ.. Sha u wont understand until u get converted forst... Accept Jesus and u will be at peace my dear sister

you are a false prophet. I hate this ur statement it so annoying,
" I am not even in the christian religion but rather i am born again in Christ.. Christ the Lord is real and He has revealed Himself to me."

what is the meaning of Christianity,where did the word christain emante from. this show how shallow and myopic ur reasoning is. the last time I checked
"Christianity is the religion based on the person and teachings of Jesus Christ, or its beliefs
and practices."
so because there is dis-unity among Christians u made such statement.shame on u and any body that reasons the way u do.
Re: The Discrepancies In Christianity by Oluwason(m): 10:49am On Sep 05, 2014
ProphetUdeme: sincerity and honesty u mean? The false doctrines of the heretics in christianity started due to their selfish desires and they corrupted the word of God to suit their desires

Exactly

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: ISIS Is On Nairaland. Beware!! / A Message From A Nairalander To Nigerian Pastors / Why Haven't All Alfa Sulaimon's Prohecies Come To Pass?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.