Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,564 members, 7,809,059 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:04 PM

A Nigerian Superhero Novel Idea - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Nigerian Superhero Novel Idea (933 Views)

Lighthouse In Amazon (Complete Novel) / Pandora's Box (a Superhero Novel) / The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nigerian Superhero Novel Idea by Nobody: 1:02pm On Aug 29, 2014
Hello fellow nairalanders.
I'm working on a superhero story idea in Nigeria, to be frank the only Nigerian superheroes I know are the Indomitables, so I would be happy to see other references.

The story revolves around a boy kunle, a physics student who loves reading the Wass comics a superhero story of a superpowered man being held back by his love life, the villain kills her thus making the man into a full fledged hero who is no longer distracted and goes on to defeat the villain.kunle also runs a taxi in order to make ends meet, one day he receives a huge amount of money from a man he can't recognize to drop off a package at another destination, on getting there, the package explodes destroying 5 city blocks and spreading a plague that causes people to get sick. Kunle mysteriously survives and is nursed to health by his girlfriend Adora who is a nurse (and she's hot) he also meets his friend Ali who loses his arm as a victim of the explosion, Kunle discovers he has powers of telekinesis. The media begins labelling Kunle and his friends as terrorists and they try to escape the city, They discover that it has been shut down by the Army who recognizes them as they cross a bridge, Adora and Ali are arrested but Kunle jumps off the bridge using his powers. he is later tracked down by a secret agent who has a high military rank, he is Interrogated but no information gets out of him, the agent (another hot chic) tells him that they have to find the man who gave him the package, Kunle agrees provided his friends are released. on their way they have to stop a Gang the White roses from stealing a food aid drop. They then get to interact with another agent Jack who has@ been undercover and learned that the Package was a device created for use during the Biafra civil war and gives power by absorbing Bio energy of a thousand people leaving them dying or dead. The agent Jack reveals that the White roses have carved up a territory in the city and are producing More of the package, The Territory is Stormed by the Army and the operation closed, Kunle receives a message the next day from the leader Kobra who has taken Adora, Ali and the agents as hostages he asks Kunle to chose who he wants to save Kunle choses to try to save them all but Adora is killed anyway,Kunle then takes down Kobra in rage, Kobra is injured and uses his telepathy to project information to kunle. revealing he's actually Kunle from the future who became a physics scientist who releases a monster into the Time frame,he lost his wife Adora as they ran from the monster. so he can back in time to make Kunle into a hero without distractions so he could chose the impossible in battle against the monster. then Kobra dies, Kunle, The agents and Ali begin to rebuild.
It's not much.
Re: A Nigerian Superhero Novel Idea by LarrySun(m): 3:00pm On Aug 29, 2014
Wow! Nice concept. With good storytelling skill, it's going to be a hit.

I love the plot!
Re: A Nigerian Superhero Novel Idea by Nobody: 3:02pm On Aug 29, 2014
I need help, is the plot stupid or has it been done?
Where do I set it? I'm thinking lagos but I haven't been there in a long time, I could also set it in Benin.
Are there ways I could regularize the plot to a Nigerian level? like does Nigeria has an espionage / secret agency?
Should I set it in present or in the future?

please help me out nairalanders.
Re: A Nigerian Superhero Novel Idea by LarrySun(m): 3:05pm On Aug 29, 2014
I want to write one too. Oya: The Storm Returns. It's an inspiration from Redmosquito's Sango: The Return of Lightning.

The book will be solely dedicated to Redmosquito. I don't know when I'll start yet because I'm still busy writing my third book.
Re: A Nigerian Superhero Novel Idea by LarrySun(m): 3:14pm On Aug 29, 2014
Fixgoo: I need help, is the plot stupid or has it been done?
Where do I set it? I'm thinking lagos but I haven't been there in a long time, I could also set it in Benin.
Are there ways I could regularize the plot to a Nigerian level? like does Nigeria has an espionage / secret agency?
Should I set it in present or in the future?

please help me out nairalanders.
The plot is great, really. Using a nuclear device made during the Biafra war is perfect; just make sure it isn't going to induce tribalism.

I'll prefer you use Lagos, you can bring Kunle's origin from Benin but all the actions should be in Lagos.

As a matter of fact, you'll find that there are numerous secret agencies in Nigeria if you dig deep in your research. You can even create a fictitious secret agency.

Setting it in the present would be better...there are bound to be economic, environmental and technological errors if you set in the future.
Re: A Nigerian Superhero Novel Idea by LarrySun(m): 3:14pm On Aug 29, 2014
Re: A Nigerian Superhero Novel Idea by Nobody: 5:30pm On Aug 29, 2014
well, putting Nigerian names in there doesn't make it Nigerian. your plot sounds like the standard superhero storyline, but it reads more like a marvel or dc comic than a Nigerian story tongue. Remember Alaadin? he's just as good a superhero as thor but we associate him with the middleeast. I don't asociate Kunle with Nigeria, so you have your work cut out as you develop it. Hint: Nigerians dnt use the term city block.
Re: A Nigerian Superhero Novel Idea by Kk4(m): 7:29pm On Aug 29, 2014
I'm not a big fan of superheros but this is actually interesting. I can help you develop the story if you are serious about it.
Re: A Nigerian Superhero Novel Idea by Nobody: 7:36pm On Aug 29, 2014
Most of the plot is derived from The superhero game Infamous, The Batman story line No man's land and an episode from Ben 10 Alien force. I know the plot sounds not so Nigerian but it might work (I was really motivated by Nnedi's Zahrah the windseeker and Lagoon ), trying to regularize a plot to Nigerian level is the main reason a superhero story hasn't been written or made on movie.

I'm going to try and work on it, am up for suggestions too.
Re: A Nigerian Superhero Novel Idea by Nobody: 7:37pm On Aug 29, 2014
Kk4: I'm not a big fan of superheros but this is actually interesting. I can help you develop the story if you are serious about it.
I could sure use a lot of help.
Re: A Nigerian Superhero Novel Idea by Kk4(m): 8:58am On Aug 30, 2014
Fixgoo: I could sure use a lot of help.
cool. send me a mail. Okafornest@yahoo.com
Re: A Nigerian Superhero Novel Idea by Nobody: 8:54pm On Aug 30, 2014
The reason I haven't started is because I don't know where to set it, I would chose Lagos (World 3rd most populous city ) but it's been long since I saw it. I would if I could get and area that has rundown and low cost apartment with police station not more than 10 streets away along with a near taxi stop, (Lagosians i need your help ) or use the underconstruction Atlantic city, if not then I have to go with a fictonal city or new benin city, help me out guys.

(1) (Reply)

How Wealthy Is Wole Soyinka? / Stones Of Akbar - A Fantasy Thriller / Pongal Sms In Telugu Language | Pongal Sms Wishes In Malayalam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.